[RELEASE] Effganic: Genesis

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have Autofix Imbalances turned on?

Turns out I didn't. There's still not a lot, and the non-wrestler workers end up spread pretty thin, but it's at least not a bug.

Sorry, it was my bad after all. I just wish Adam would still let you tweak the rate at which people get generated, or maybe add referee and commentator "dojos" so you can massage it, because it's still a bit of a PITA.

• 3 months later...

<p>With version 1.35, there may be a need for some adjustments in case of starting dojos in Europe.</p><p> </p><p>

Here's ideas, basing on my couple testing plays</p><p> </p><p>

1. Early Dojos hard closing either in <strong>May</strong> 1922 to have three wawes of graduates or in May 1921 (currently Dojos have a hard close in January 1922)</p><p>

2. Splitting Europe starting dojo into regional ones (each with two-three graduates per year)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Foryst" data-cite="Foryst" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With version 1.35, there may be a need for some adjustments in case of starting dojos in Europe.<p> </p><p> Here's ideas, basing on my couple testing plays</p><p> </p><p> 1. Early Dojos hard closing either in <strong>May</strong> 1922 to have three wawes of graduates or in May 1921 (currently Dojos have a hard close in January 1922)</p><p> 2. Splitting Europe starting dojo into regional ones (each with two-three graduates per year)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the heads up. I'm working on another project at the moment, but I'll take a look when I get a chance.</p>

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In my game the program does not create new workers or companies randomly. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help! I had a great 30 year+ game bach in 2008/09 and would love to play such an epic random game again...

Sorry, just saw this!

Regarding company generation, I believe that is an option in your settings. For workers, it should autogenerate as long as the training centers are set to have graduates. Things with 2020 are a bit different than previous games and is more based on the training facilities than just randomly popping them out. The mod is setup to move a bit more slowly too, so you'll see less generated in the first few years, but each year should ramp up. One thing to check though is that you have Autofix Imbalances on.

• 1 month later...

Quick update

As stated earlier, I uploaded the 1970 database to this and have simulated from 1920-1970. Sure fun watching random generated talent compete with real talent and all the different generational talent. One thing I learned, Mae Young rules.

Southern Pro Wrestling is still the number one promotion thanks to an influx of Lou Thesz, Gorgeous George, Harley Race.

---------------------

Started a new game (with the latest patch/download) and booking my way to present day. Currently in 1924, and SO MANY guys have had random incidents. Anthony Henry is jailed for fifteen years, so I'm looking forward to his eventual return in 1935.

Herzog has been my favorite wrestler to book.

I also created the National Wrestling Alliance between my promotion and SPW. Has been fun to book/control the beginning of the NWA and editing new workers as they arrive.

• 1 month later...
Been simming for days now, up to 1970. All of the most popular wrestlers are women, 19 of the top 20 Most Popular. The entire time, a women's focused promotion has been at the top of the Company Wars, having gone from a US based promotion to a Joshi promotion. Has this happened to anyone else? Thinking of converting to database, cleaning it up, and releasing it if anyone is interested.

My latest sim has just crossed over into March of 1962, and seems to be developing a world that's all kinds of cool. Created a second Watcher to take over for the original after he got too old, (yeah, I know Avatar's are pretty much immortal, but still, it seemed more natural to me to create a new Watcher, and have the first one leave the game long about 1960).

The Classic Wrestling Federation, based in the Mid South and home to wrestling star Jackie Houston, has been the Number 1 promotion for... years now... but somehow, it seems to have a hard time staying at Medium. They keep falling back to small, and then climbing back up to Medium. Near as I can tell, though, they haven't lost their death grip on that Number One spot since they laid claim to it.

The Medium promotions, most of which have been at Medium for years, but for whatever reason seem to be fairly low in the rankings include:

The Danger Zone Wrestling Federation, which has probably been my favorite promotion to develop, and the one I'm most intently keeping an eye on. They're based in Australia, and I think it'd be pretty cool if I could make it to the modern day, and have the top promotion in the world, or at least one of them, be based in The Land Down Under. The DZWF for the record have an INSANE amount of money.

The Natural Wrestling Group, based in Japan, with their champion Naozane Yamabe and the menacing Blasios Vicente on the roster.

The Nightmare League of Wrestling in British Columbia also have A LOT of money at their disposal, but still only like half of what the DZWF has.

Punjalibre has become quite the force in India, under the watchful eye of Abdul Ahmad. They're ranked 28th in the world.

And finally, Vanguard Championship Wrestling in Manitoba, were founded by Toussnint Toupin, in October, 1934, and are still... as of March, 1962 anyway... owned by him. They're ranked 4th and surprisingly have almost as much money as the Australian outfit.

Ma'n Hameed, a Pakistani wrestler who was a 1950 graduate of the Indian Pro Wrestling Academy, seems to be the top wrestler in the world at the moment, and is currently a two time Wrestler of the Year, and is a former MMPW Arena Champion. He currently works for MMPW, (Mighty Mighty Pro Wrestling), and the aforementioned Punjalibre.

The original Watcher has left the business.

Pretty interesting world so far. REALLY looking forward to the 1980s and 90s though, that's what I started this run for, really. Can't wait to see what those two decades are gonna look like.

Been simming for days now, up to 1970. All of the most popular wrestlers are women, 19 of the top 20 Most Popular. The entire time, a women's focused promotion has been at the top of the Company Wars, having gone from a US based promotion to a Joshi promotion. Has this happened to anyone else? Thinking of converting to database, cleaning it up, and releasing it if anyone is interested.

Didn't see this post, didn't mean to pretty much ignore it in my own lengthy post that followed. Similar things seemed to be happening a lot in my earliest sims, but not nearly so much this time around.

There is a Joshi promotion in the top 5 though, but only the one. It's called JJW I think, and seems to be doing reasonably well.

No idea what, if anything, is different about my game this time around.

• 1 month later...

Currently in 1984 on my watcher game. This is an awesome mod!

Here are some details of what I've been seeing. If anybody would like to learn more about my game world please feel free to ask. The world itself has developed into a beautiful fictional world of pro wrestling.

I've watched SPW dominate the 20s and 30s just for them to fall to the bottom of the pack and VLL rise during WW2 and Vietnam. Now after almost 4 decades after falling off the face of the Earth, SPW has climbed back to 2nd most popular promotion in the world, thanks in part to the booking of Kaden Brown, who is a 1968 graduate of the School of Gagne.

Despite the Hall of Immortals being empty after 60 years (seems like a game issue, not a mod issue?) there are 51 promotions with hall of fames if you include the promotions that have closed since the start of the wrestling world.

There's also a lot of parity in the game. The world has been running for over 60 years and there have only been 3 wrestlers who have won the annual "Wrestler of the Year" award more than twice, and nobody comes close to El Espiritu's record of 7 Wrestler of the Year awards, a record that is slightly bloated as the pro wrestling world was still in its infant stages. I've also imported workers from the Thunderverse albeit with organic bios. Approaching some of the legendary workers from that mods' debuts, I am excited to see if they live up to the hype as they did in the Tverse. The highest rated match so far has been rated an 86, and that was over 30 years ago in my world!

Viva La Lucha won "Most Improved Company of the Year" in 1935 but failed to capture their first "Company of the Year" award until 1954. They then continued to capture that spark and rode the back of their world title holder, Red Predator, to cement themselves as the top dog for over 15 years! Red Predator alone held their top belt from 1955-1959!

Finally, one thing I really enjoy watching are the generated wrestlers progress through their career. I find this mod to be particularly appealing to those who cannot get past "Stone Cold becoming Stone Cold" in traditional mods, as pushing the guys who became stars in real life is a habit I constantly find myself falling into. I've watched Friedrich Herzog go from Wrestler of the Year, to Tag Team of the Year, to Vet of the Year, all the way to Colour Commentator of the Year a full 20 years after he won his first award.

TLDR: This mod plays extremely well and is definitely worth the look. If you are a player looking for an organic sandbox that plays well across multiple decades, this is definitely the game for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I simmed up to 1970 and then started an insignificant promotion in my hometown of Austin, Texas.

Japanese wrestling is running the world right now, but the game pretty started with Mexico being king for a good 30 years. I think American and Canadian wrestling is about to take a leap, though, as just about every promotion has leveraged easily accessible television networks into huge popularity growths. Hell, I qualified for the mid south's public access network as soon as my 10 popularity company was founded, and in a year I got my popularity up to 16 with only one show a month.

...and now I'm in the midst of a stroke of booking genius.

I was looking for positive backstage influences to hire and came across a 100% heel, free spirit personality having young brawler, and I gave him the gimmick of a Vietnam War protesting hippie heel deep in the heart of Texas. Camden Sines is a heat machine, and the perfect heel foil for my #1 face, Gorgeous Glenn Chenoweth.

On a side note, I love the names in this mod. They're all suitably old fashioned. Like, in a normal TEW database game I rename Ernest Youngman to just Youngman everytime I hire him because Ernest is waaaaaay too old school for me, but not anymore!

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, GreenHammock said:

This mod is excellent, but is there any way to stop so many promotions dying because of no owner/no booker??

Add a New Player, make that worker Owner/Booker of the new company, then Leave Game as that player

The game itself has issues with not being able to fill up Booker & Owner positions with eligible workers, because most workers are too young/not qualified to take these roles, so the companies just sit around empty for ages

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...