TEW Classic Push Settings

What about the new one is tripping you guys up? The old way always seemed so manual to me - this new one is much more friendly ease-of-use wise. Is it frustration over not being able to assign an unpopular guy to a high spot on the roster? Because you don't really need to worry about that - you just put him in the match wherever you want.

The old one just never made sense. The way I want to push someone, should not effect how the fans react to them, yet in TEW 2016 I could manually push a Opener to "Main Event" and not get any overuse penalty for it.

It was nice comsetically, but made no sense gameplay wise

<p>Can't stand the new push system. </p><p>

Wish we could go back to the old way. There was nothing wrong with setting pushes how they used to. It felt more like a wrestling game with the (Main-eventer, Upper-Midcard, Midcard, Lower Midcard, Opener, Enhancement Talent & Occasional) pushes. I felt like I was booking a wrestling show. Instead of a popularity contest.</p><p> </p><p>

Those lines sound so much more like wrestling. Unlike the (Unrecognizable, Recognizable, Well known, Star, Major Star) stuff just doesn't sound as appealing to me. </p><p> </p><p>

Doesn't make me feel like I'm booking a wrestling card. More like I'm booking some music festival or Grammy show.</p>

Can't stand the new push system.

Wish we could go back to the old way. There was nothing wrong with setting pushes how they used to. It felt more like a wrestling game with the (Main-eventer, Upper-Midcard, Midcard, Lower Midcard, Opener, Enhancement Talent & Occasional) pushes. I felt like I was booking a wrestling show. Instead of a popularity contest.

Those lines sound so much more like wrestling. Unlike the (Unrecognizable, Recognizable, Well known, Star, Major Star) stuff just doesn't sound as appealing to me.

Doesn't make me feel like I'm booking a wrestling card. More like I'm booking some music festival or Grammy show.

So it's mostly cosmetic for you? Because Main Eventer didn't really mean anything in the game since you could give someone that tag and then never actually use them in a main event match and...nothing would happen.

I prefer the new system. I don't see promotions referring to talent as being "main eventer, upper mid-card, mid-card, lower mid-card, opener etc... When they are talking about the roster talent they usually say something like "mega star, big name, veteran, up and comer" and such. I think the new system feels more organic, realistic and has a more natural flow to it.

Yeah, put me down for also preferring the new perception system IMMENSELY over the previous pushes. I think people just need to give it time. I remember when the momentum system got a major overhaul from either TEW2010 to 13 or 13 to 16 and everyone HATED it too, but I don’t think any of us would go back on that either now.

I genuinely hope we don’t have options that revert to a clearly inferior system just because some players haven’t taken the necessary time to adjust to a better one.

I think the new system is better, but I would like to see a way to organise my roster into pushes, just for my own purposes. It wouldn't effect workers and would only be there so I could create my own hierarchy. Not a massive thing, but it would be a nice accompaniment to the perception system.

The new system fixed some of the problems that was wrong with the old system but it doesn’t necessarily makes it better.

I prefer a hybrid between the two. Fans should have their perception and the user should be able to label the roster as they see fit. Maybe they want to push a fairly unknown guy who have star quality as a main eventer, but the fans currently only see him as a midcard talent. Vocal crowd note would make more sense here then it does currently in the game which already caused some tweaks.

I also agree about the terminology. Using wrestling terms in a wrestling game for wrestling fans just makes too much sense. But wording and terminology have been a major flaw in this version which continues to leave customers confused.

I prefer a hybrid between the two. Fans should have their perception and the user should be able to label the roster as they see fit. Maybe they want to push a fairly unknown guy who have star quality as a main eventer, but the fans currently only see him as a midcard talent. Vocal crowd note would make more sense here then it does currently in the game which already caused some tweaks.

So, would you be looking at something along the lines of the divisions (which I use shamelessly), so you can organize your roster along the "Main Eventer/Upper Midcarder/etc." lines while the fans can have their viewpoint of how a guy "should be booked"?

For example: Jinder Mahal was a "Main Eventer" in the eyes of WWE creative during his WWE Championship run, but the fans treated him as "Recognizable" or, at best, "Well Known". They definitely never treated him as a "Major Star".

I ask because I can definitely see that both being a workable thing and being pretty realistic from a real world view. I mean, all of the wrestling companies have guys they decide are at the main event level but they just don't work out there for different reasons, and, at the same time, guys they don't see at that level who the fans think should be.

St.T

So, would you be looking at something along the lines of the divisions (which I use shamelessly), so you can organize your roster along the "Main Eventer/Upper Midcarder/etc." lines while the fans can have their viewpoint of how a guy "should be booked"?

For example: Jinder Mahal was a "Main Eventer" in the eyes of WWE creative during his WWE Championship run, but the fans treated him as "Recognizable" or, at best, "Well Known". They definitely never treated him as a "Major Star".

I ask because I can definitely see that both being a workable thing and being pretty realistic from a real world view. I mean, all of the wrestling companies have guys they decide are at the main event level but they just don't work out there for different reasons, and, at the same time, guys they don't see at that level who the fans think should be.

St.T

Yes exactly. I would like it to be more involved though but that would probably have to be for another version. I would be ok if a patch made it available for cosmetic and organizational reason for this game though.

I would want this to be a factor in contract negotiations, I would love to see workers come to you and asked to be pushed higher up the card because they feel like they are under pushed based on fan reactions (Zack Ryder)

Yes exactly. I would like it to be more involved though but that would probably have to be for another version. I would be ok if a patch made it available for cosmetic and organizational reason for this game though.

I would want this to be a factor in contract negotiations, I would love to see workers come to you and asked to be pushed higher up the card because they feel like they are under pushed based on fan reactions (Zack Ryder)

It would be interesting to go forward with it being more than just organizational, but yeah, it'll probably be 2024 before we get something along those lines.

For just organizational purposes, though, you could always make notes to yourself (in notepad or Excel or Word, which is what I build stuff in) that "Wrestler A is currently Recognizable, but I'm pushing him against main eventers (Stars/Major Stars?) with good momentum to build his status." You would be able to judge the success of your push by whether he becomes "Well Known/Star/Major Star" in the eyes of the fans.

St.T

I feel like the new system is taking away control of your roster which is the appeal of this game, to control a company and it's booking, If I can't control my pushes or even worse my products, what kind of control as an owner do I have other than putting names on the card and calling it a day, at this point just make it automated, overall I just feel like i'm loosing more and more control over customization of the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GalaxyBrain" data-cite="GalaxyBrain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49850" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel like the new system is taking away control of your roster which is the appeal of this game, to control a company and it's booking, If I can't <strong>control my pushes</strong> or even worse my products, what kind of control as an owner do I have other than <strong>putting names on the card</strong> and calling it a day, at this point just make it automated, overall I just feel like i'm loosing more and more control over customization of the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Putting them on the card (and Road Agent notes in those matches) is all a push is. How is writing the words "Upper Midcarder" somewhere (which you can just do on a piece of paper for all it actually means) more control than actually having a worker do things on your show?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GalaxyBrain" data-cite="GalaxyBrain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49850" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel like the new system is taking away control of your roster which is the appeal of this game, to control a company and it's booking, If I can't control my pushes or even worse my products, what kind of control as an owner do I have other than putting names on the card and calling it a day, at this point just make it automated, overall I just feel like i'm loosing more and more control over customization of the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't really understand this criticism. No matter how the fans view the worker, you can still push them how you want. If the worker the worker is "recognizable" there is nothing stopping you from treating him as a main eventer, or am I wrong?</p>