Owner or Booker?

<p>Owner if you want to play the game primarily for fantasy booking and don't want anything get in your way.</p><p> </p><p>

Booker if you want to play the game with a bit more of a challenge (read: if you want to play the game for playing a game that happens to have a lot of fantasy booking in it).</p><p> </p><p>

I'm almost always playing as a booker (unless I'm playing a self-made company) because it tends to add more "character" to the save. You'll actually have to run the company like it's supposed to be run.</p>

If you're just playing to essentially fantasy book, go as the owner. Being the booker brings with it a whole new set of challenges. You'll have to deal with owner goals while could be financial stuff or limits on who you can hire/extend based off skill or attributes. You also have limits on contract offers, so you'll find yourself unable to simply outbid every other promotion for a talent. You have to give perks, bonuses etc and even then a lot of times for the top tier guys it leaves it up to chance as they'll consider your offer along with others.

All things considered, as much as I love Road to Glory games, I much prefer being the owner when I'm playing an RtG game.

I like Booker. The limitations can each game different from the last, and I don't play 'big' promotions so I'm not concerned when I can't compete financially for stars. If you want to take over the world being just the booker may frustrate.

Owner. All the way.

Whenever I've had owner goals they've always been so vague so as to preclude me from hiring almost anyone.

The Owner Goals this year from what I've seen are a lot better. No Psychopaths, no one over 35, no one with less than 60 respect. All seems pretty simple to follow. The hardest part is not being able to compete for top talent. I'm genuinely scared for my main event scene when all my guys come due in a couple years.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ArtofAlmost" data-cite="ArtofAlmost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50476" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Owner. All the way.<p> </p><p> Whenever I've had owner goals they've always been so vague so as to preclude me from hiring almost anyone.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This. </p><p> </p><p> I've always hated owner goals because I always get the weirdest ones or ones that fly in the face of what I want to focus on. Like, I'm a talent developer so when I get an owner goal that says I can't hire people with less than X in Y trait, it pisses me off. Getting highly rated shows is easy. But getting someone, even someone as obviously talented as Black Diamond or Katya, to Alicia Strong levels of virtuosity, is not.</p>

<p>I love being Booker. Yes it can kind of chaff sometimes, but I love the extra challenge. I autobook most things I love the feeling of "running" a company, not necessarily picking who wins all the matches on a B show, big picture, the main event, negotiating all the best TV deals and PPV deals to give me maximum profit AND coverage in all areas, I love contract negotiations with workers etc.</p><p> </p><p>

Booking gets in the way sometimes for me. That may sound counter intuitive as I have MORE control as an Owner, but as Booker it "feels" more as if you are part of a corporate structure where you have your own performance metrics to reach on top of revenue and size, all the while managing your roster. I view it as like being the General Manager of a fast food restaurant, you are the big boss in a LOT of ways, scheduling, day to day decisions, hiring, in a LOT of ways it is "your" restaurant, but there is still someone else above you who spices it up a bit, so like 90% control.</p>