Post-event speech options

Are there mechanical differences besides generically morale up and morale down?

I've never tried the negative ones at all because I don't see why that would be a productive thing to do short of maybe roleplaying. Is there any reason to use those?

For the positive option, doing "Give some encouragement" a few times in a row seems to reliably start increasing a worker's morale. I've only tried a few of the other ones occasionally, and not noticed a stronger effect. Does giving someone a hug or complimenting them on a good performance actually do something different from giving them some encouragement?

I’ve always wondered this too. I just tell them they’re awesome, and like the OP, I’ve never once used a negative speech, just don’t see the point of it.

Usually I just tell three negative personalities they’re awesome in the hope of turning them positive. Not even really sure it works.

Usually when someone is leaving my company I'll repeatedly insult them especially if I know they aren't coming back to the company. Most of the time it doesn't do anything. The other times I just praise people who have lower morale to try and bring it up.

Positive speeches move your rating towards Velvet Glove, negative moves them towards Iron Fist. Check where your score is in your user profile at the bottom of the screen.

When you reach either one, you unlock the option to give an preshow speech which can either inspire or terrify the locker room into better performances.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50665" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interesting. And what’s the advantage of ripping into someone?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They just get more mad.</p>

Who ever is my top boy gets a hug. So think Hogan, Cena, Roman. If you get the Dave Mac hug then that means your top of my ladder. I’ll then check who genuinely performed well and not the highest performance but someone who went above and beyond their norm, they get praise. Then I’ll pick someone at random. Can be because their morale is low or annoyed they’ll get praise. I’m the same, cannot see any point in being negative. But then again in all my years playing tew for a ppv I’ve never had a reason to rip someone to pieces.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bad Collin" data-cite="Bad Collin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50665" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've only ever used it to raise the morale of unhappy workers. Usually if someone is unhappy at doing a job then a few months of 'complimented on a great performance' will get them back to neutral.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's basically where I'm at. I always use "some encouragement" for that though because I was concerned telling people they had a great performance might when it wasn't true might somehow set a bad example.</p>