angle penalties

if i book an engle with 1 worker rated on entertainment and 1 rated on sex appeal, the segment gets limited for bening primarly rated on sex appeal.

that makes no sense to me when ive got a worker rated on entertainment, surely that should be the focus of the angle?

as an example marc mero talking with sable just being there in the ring. you would think that would give the segment a boost!

One could argue that any promo featuring Marc Mero and Sable was more about Sable, thus Sex Appeal was the primary attribute.

In your situation, is the Sex Appeal attribute of the worker you used higher than the other workers Entertainment attributes? I would think that could play a role in determining what the "primary" rating was.

if I book an angle with 1 worker rated on entertainment and 1 rated on sex appeal, the segment gets limited for being primarily rated on sex appeal.

that makes no sense to me when I've got a worker rated on entertainment, surely that should be the focus of the angle?

as an example marc mero talking with sable just being there in the ring. you would think that would give the segment a boost!

Not typically. Unless the product is catered to it. And in some products, you could see her hurting him if actually graded on it, or was on display enough to effect a grade, IMO. Ever since BoSC became a thing consigned to the history books, there has been a war on Sex Appeal because a lot of people would use it to Local to Global in a year, and then sign actual wrestlers.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50730" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not typically. Unless the product is catered to it. And in some products, you could see her hurting him if actually graded on it, or was on display enough to effect a grade, IMO. Ever since BoSC became a thing consigned to the history books, there has been a war on Sex Appeal because a lot of people would use it to Local to Global in a year, and then sign actual wrestlers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When BoSC came out (TEW07? TEW08?), sex appeal had been heavily nerfed already. On top of that, the workers best suited to do 'local to global in a year' (hyperbole. Couldn't do it in a year unless you were running like 3-5 shows a week) <em>were actual wrestlers</em> (Joanne Rodriguez and Grace Harper). Local to Global in a year using Sex Appeal stopped being feasible after TEW<strong>05</strong> when sex appeal rated angles rated exactly what the worker's sex appeal was. Using those angles could have the crowd on the verge of orgasm (figuratively speaking) for even a main event of Wee-LC.</p><p> </p><p> Remember also that most products penalize sex appeal roles (sometimes severely) so with an equal number of other roles, it would tank the segment. Marc Mero was not the Rock and shouldn't be highly rated in entertainment skills since the core of his appeal.....was Sable. So that angle shouldn't rate highly even if the roles weren't weighted and penalized the way they are.</p>

<p>I strongly suggest more players take the time and go through the Handbook and read up on angles. There are a lot of factors going into ratings, time, passive/active skills, etc. Adam broke it down pretty well. The calculations have changed in this game, but they're not a mystery.</p><p> </p><p>

The length of an angle when using Sex Appeal(and, depending on a worker's mic skill, Entertainment) is a critical factor.</p><p> </p><p>

Again, the Handbook breaks this down quite nicely.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50730" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Remember also that most products penalize sex appeal roles (sometimes severely) so with an equal number of other roles, it would tank the segment. Marc Mero was not the Rock and shouldn't be highly rated in entertainment skills since the core of his appeal.....was Sable. So that angle shouldn't rate highly even if the roles weren't weighted and penalized the way they are.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is correct, length also can torpedo these things like you wouldn't believe. I will contest that Mero's only appeal was Sable. In the WWF with his goofy wildman thing? Yeah, but that was mostly because he walked to a diva theme, with a diva behind him, wearing tight leather, sunglasses, and carrying a whip. How is that not getting over better than a bad Tarzan gimmick that REALLY wanted to be Johnny B Badd. Not hard. Go back and watch his (literally ETERNAL) struggle with DDP back in mid-90s WCW. At one point Johnny B. Badd is the most over guy on the roster. He was limited as a worker, but he was athletic, he looked great, and he had a character. Amazing what happens when that holy trinity aligns. Also amazing what happens when you're booked by a guy who sits around and rubs one out to your wife wearing white cotton panties... allegedly.</p>

I dont think sex appeal should have such a nerf, apart from in say family friendly and wrestling as sport type products. I would have gladly watched mero ramble on in the ring for 10 minutes if sable was in the ring with him. It wouldnt be a 90/100 scoring segment but anything that makes my balls tingle score quite highly in my book :D.

sex appeal is basically useless in this game it might as well have been removed as a stat

I strongly suggest more players take the time and go through the Handbook and read up on angles. There are a lot of factors going into ratings, time, passive/active skills, etc. Adam broke it down pretty well. The calculations have changed in this game, but they're not a mystery.

The length of an angle when using Sex Appeal(and, depending on a worker's mic skill, Entertainment) is a critical factor.

Again, the Handbook breaks this down quite nicely.

Yeah, I agree completely. I have to say, in TEW2016 I used to pretty much book ALL of my female workers on Sex Appeal, whether they were talking, fighting, walking to the ring, whatever.

In 2020 I hardly ever use Sex Appeal for an angle, I usually use Entertainment for my female valets (such as Sunny or Sensational Sherri), as they’re usually talking while their clients stand there looking menacing (or good).

It’s a MUCH more realistic system. I personally enjoy the nerfs to both Sex Appeal AND Menace.

There should really be a limit to just how much you can get over just by standing there. Looks should be useful to get you to mid-pop (say 50s), from there you should actually do SOMETHING.

Yeah, I agree completely. I have to say, in TEW2016 I used to pretty much book ALL of my female workers on Sex Appeal, whether they were talking, fighting, walking to the ring, whatever.

In 2020 I hardly ever use Sex Appeal for an angle, I usually use Entertainment for my female valets (such as Sunny or Sensational Sherri), as they’re usually talking while their clients stand there looking menacing (or good).

It’s a MUCH more realistic system. I personally enjoy the nerfs to both Sex Appeal AND Menace.

There should really be a limit to just how much you can get over just by standing there. Looks should be useful to get you to mid-pop (say 50s), from there you should actually do SOMETHING.

I wish they just made Sex Appeal and Menace passive bonus or negatives instead of essentially removing them from the game save ultra-niche applications. Similar to Star Power, because right now they don't do very much for anybody.

<p>Maybe angles shouldn't be rated on them (a very small part now) but rather provide a bonus to whatever the worker is doing. Especially menace as a worker's menace is always there whatever they are doing. I mean how is rating an angle based on menace work? Anything a menacing worker does will be tied to charisma, overness or fighting. </p><p> </p><p>

Sex appeal might be a little different as there are angles where its mostly "look at me". Again though without charisma how much will that help? I think a bonus would be more realistic. Maybe risque promotions could be an exception or provide a bigger bonus. </p><p> </p><p>

If a menacing worker or a diva appears in an angle as "support" it should be rated based on what the main person is doing with a bonus for the support person's high passive skill (sex appeal or menace) which would over time increase their popularity. I think this is how it works in real life. The main person carries the angle but the fans also notice the attractive female or scary bodyguard.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50730" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How is that not getting over better than a bad Tarzan gimmick that REALLY wanted to be Johnny B Badd. Not hard. Go back and watch his (literally ETERNAL) struggle with DDP back in mid-90s WCW. At one point Johnny B. Badd is the most over guy on the roster. He was limited as a worker, but he was athletic, he looked great, and he had a character.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I too was disappointed in how the WWF booked Mero. In their defense I think without being able to use the Johnny B Badd name they were limited in how much they could present Mero as Johnny. Practically for sure and perhaps legally as well. This was when the two companies were willing to sue each other so having Mero be exactly like JBB in every way but name might be grounds for a lawsuit. As well as look like they were just copying.</p><p> </p><p> As far as the game from my memory Sable is a rare case as many of the other "divas" up until then either had to have another skill (Sherri, maybe Sunny) or were dependent on their attachment to a star (Baby Doll, Missy Hyatt). Most of Sable's appeal was based on her looks. Not all but most. She was able to decouple from Mero and be over on her own merit. Part of "sexiness" is how you carry yourself and that clearly falls under the heading of charisma so a mod that assigned her an above average charisma stat wouldn't be far from the truth and allow her rise to be replicated (assuming good booking and destiny rolls). Which is again why I think Sex Appeal should modify an active stat so this could be simulated more accurately with stats that fit the worker. </p><p> </p><p> Agreed on the fact that Mero could have been so much more in the WWF.</p>

I wish they just made Sex Appeal and Menace passive bonus or negatives instead of essentially removing them from the game save ultra-niche applications. Similar to Star Power, because right now they don't do very much for anybody.

Sex Appeal can also be used as a primary skill for managers.

I find it's better not to include sex appeal-based managers in the segment at all - that way it'll be based on the worker's skill, with a bonus for managerial help.

It does seem a bit strange that a worker can cut a great promo on their own, but will have the segment tank because they happen to have someone attractive with them.