"Sexual Misconduct" added as an option for Scandal

In order to reflect what is happening currently & properly simulate the real world, I would like to be able to have "Sexual Misconduct" as an option for Scandals in the editor.

Can this please be added in the next patch for us modders to improve our offerings?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tryker2710" data-cite="tryker2710" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50948" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>General consensus has been (And I tend to agree) that that kind of thing should be kept out of the game, it's one of those things that's just a bit too real and heavy to be a fun part of our little spreadsheet game, regardless of how realistic it is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Read the bios of every SNP employee. It's already in the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tryker2710" data-cite="tryker2710" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50948" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>General consensus has been (And I tend to agree) that that kind of thing should be kept out of the game, it's one of those things that's just a bit too real and heavy to be a fun part of our little spreadsheet game, regardless of how realistic it is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Racism & homophobia are already there & those are equally troubling.</p><p> </p><p> With that said, after some discussion with others, I have no idea how to implement this without issues.</p>

I think it's a good idea, if some of the existing scandal types are already a bridge we're willing to cross. An alternative would be a generic option to include the current stuff and other weird things that aren't covered. Heck maybe we even need a Mass Add function in the editor now.

I'm for this sort of stuff (as well as other scandal types that aren't already there) being added into the game as long as they are kept exclusively to the editor, for the most part, or added with codes that can enable/disable them during gameplay for those who don't want this sort of stuff happening.

Hard no for me. I completely get why people want more options and realism. But there is a line between real and too real, and this is one that definitely starts to cross it. There are already enough negative - but realistic - things that happen in-game already, and some of those are potentially triggering. Sexual misconduct is another level. Not just because just a high percentage of people have experienced that trauma (especially among women), but it brings a different dynamic. For the current situation to be accurately represented, you wouldn't just need a perpetrator in the game-world who is therefore toxic, but also a victim. Not every time, but some. Because if you want REAL, a lot of the victims are within the industry. And that takes it to whole different level than any other incident. Having it optional and something can be turned off is fine, but a lot of us would just really prefer to not have that in at all. Not to mention that including it 'because it happens' is a slipper slope because there are a lot of things hat aren't in the game that could be because they do happen.

FWIW, “sexual misconduct” isn’t rape or even molestation.

It falls into a general area of sexual harassment. We don’t need details of what happened backstage. A scandal of just a “sexual misconduct” would be fine IMO. No need to overthink if so why not just remove all other scandals and deaths?

“Sexual misconduct” range from mooning or exposing to coming on strong, etc.

Hard no for me. I completely get why people want more options and realism. But there is a line between real and too real, and this is one that definitely starts to cross it. There are already enough negative - but realistic - things that happen in-game already, and some of those are potentially triggering. Sexual misconduct is another level. Not just because just a high percentage of people have experienced that trauma (especially among women), but it brings a different dynamic. For the current situation to be accurately represented, you wouldn't just need a perpetrator in the game-world who is therefore toxic, but also a victim. Not every time, but some. Because if you want REAL, a lot of the victims are within the industry. And that takes it to whole different level than any other incident. Having it optional and something can be turned off is fine, but a lot of us would just really prefer to not have that in at all. Not to mention that including it 'because it happens' is a slipper slope because there are a lot of things hat aren't in the game that could be because they do happen.

Agree 100% with this.

It's already in the C-Verse. SNP has been in for 3 or 4 versions now. Ken Flannigan is basically a wannabe Jeffery Epstein with mob ties. Mark Carnie harasses a random female at the start of literally every game you play in the C-Verse. I'm not stumping for the feature, but it's definitely a thing that could go into the carousel of random stuff if you hire too many sleezeballs on your roster.

This shit doesn't belong IRL, why should it belong in a sim? Y'know, a game, for fun?

People are seriously willing to disregard the genuine pain of others to 'model more accurately' and it baffles me.

I don't think I can state my opinions better than these statements.

The only thing I will add is a reminder that most of the people who are being accused of sexual misconduct are bookers, owners, and high profile wrestlers who have the influence and/or the outright ability to hire and fire people. In this game, that person is you.

This shit doesn't belong IRL, why should it belong in a sim? Y'know, a game, for fun?

People are seriously willing to disregard the genuine pain of others to 'model more accurately' and it baffles me.

Not disregard. Accurately portray. This is the problem with cancel culture right now, people seem to think that if you wish it away, it will go away. But that's not how it works. If you don't educate your kids about sex, sex drive, and how to handle yourself in a healthy way for all parties what you wind up with is not a wonderful utopia, but a bunch of horny kids kept ignorant on purpose. Who develop bad habits, make easily preventable mistakes because nobody helped them, which they then fetishize and have their lives changed forever because of parental and religious cowardice. Then we are conditioned to never talk about it.

For girls, this leads to submissive issues and teen pregnancy, for boys it leads usually to dominance issues and abuse. There's also sexual identity issues that brainmelt kids but because our answer in this world to sexual discovery is "just don't" all of these things are kept to the shadows where they fester into mental health issues. That leads to suicide, and substance abuse and all because we turn away from that which makes us uncomfortable.

We don't think about things like this. We don't want to think about things like this. But if you give in to that idea, you allow it to get worse. As each generation gets further and further away from history. Even in stupid video games, these things matter. And they have lasting ramifications. You pathologically tell people that through cultural reinforcement. The reason we have jails isn't to throw people in them(although that's getting harder and harder to justify these days in the vengeful society we've become) it's to keep people out of them. The death penalty isn't supposed to be about "eye for an eye" or the spectacle of the public execution as it used to be. It's a deterrent a reminder tangibly that if you do something there is a consequence. The reason it should be abolished is that it clearly doesn't work in that function, Empirically.

Now I don't like the idea of the feature because RW mods exist and I don't really think it's worth the potential ire. But for the C-Verse, 100% for it. These are fictional characters, and this is a very real issue that needs to seen to be reinforced. Again, even in stupid "sim games".

It's being seen and reinforced by the movement that's going on.

You are not going to rip out society's problems with toxic masculinity and sexualisation of young girls by introducing the possibility of sexual harassment in a wrestling game and you certainly aren't going to actively portray the types of stories that so many women are sharing with a single block news story about a character being an abuser. Not even close.

Mark Carnie has a big thing under his name that says "Personality Type: Scumbag." Even though about 100 people go to his shows, when he treats somebody wrong behind the scenes it immediately makes all the newswires the day after.

This is not meant to be an accurate representation of s---- workplaces anywhere. It's a character in a pro wrestling spreadsheet video game. And it's really nothing like the current wave of abusers, which includes some of the most "virtue-signalling" (irritating phrase but can't think of a better one) people in the business, people who are protected by respected veterans, people who are protected by fans.

So if you're trying to simulate The Big Real Thing, this is not fun for anybody. This does not need to be in the game. It's basically the same thing as trying to throw COVID-19 into the spreadsheet. Another scandal option for the RW mod people, I guess I don't want it but I can't argue against it intellectually. I like the scandals as a game mechanic. Some of these jerkoffs are going to be back someday. We've already got the ol' Pro-N.azi hanging out in there.