At what point does it feel like a job?

That's funny, because I just ran my first G1 style tourney and I found the challenge and making everything work scheduling wise opened my eyes to a few guys that were floundering a bit...or opened new avenues for them to go down storyline wise. Granted, I'm a new player and this was all new and exciting...but interesting you'd find that a chore. Might be me one day too...

Tournaments in touring companies are incredibly fun. Creating stories within the larger story is really creatively rewarding.

My interest is cut 50% when I have to run more than one weekly show.

It starts to feel like a chore when I have to micromanage every match to get a good rating.

It starts to feel like a job when I reach the point where I have to start gimping the game with abusive practices to remain viable.

What stimulates my interest most is when I can run one weekly show, one event, and finally have my roster "worked" into story. Sometimes it takes me a few months (in game) to really get a feel for the storylines that come to me.

When I get into a groove, everything feels good. What keeps me from running out of ideas is that I am an idea machine once I get going. The only real hindrance to me is the first month or so, during which I either become captivated or lose interest entirely.

Like I said - I mostly lose interest when the load of what I must do each week increases too much. Right now, I violated my own rule by having three shows a week, M, W, F, at two and a half hours. For some reason this hasn't "hit" me yet, but I won't be surprised if I tire and open a third child company to stick them all in.

Writing out shows

Not all the time or I wouldn’t play it. But I have lots of storylines and ideas. I don’t get a lot of spare time so don’t be write these down. I know in my head roughly where I am, but i get to a point where I start to write a show and have to remember where each storyline is, what needs to happen with who and how far away I am from a major PPV or a turn etc.

Id just love a system where we could wrote storylines out and select each part for each show before hand.

Eg rock v Austin. If I could write each raw segment for the next month and just drop that part in when it came to that show.

I know you can do this to a certain extent, but the way you can do it, is a chore itself lol

Writing out shows

Not all the time or I wouldn’t play it. But I have lots of storylines and ideas. I don’t get a lot of spare time so don’t be write these down. I know in my head roughly where I am, but i get to a point where I start to write a show and have to remember where each storyline is, what needs to happen with who and how far away I am from a major PPV or a turn etc.

Id just love a system where we could wrote storylines out and select each part for each show before hand.

Eg rock v Austin. If I could write each raw segment for the next month and just drop that part in when it came to that show.

I know you can do this to a certain extent, but the way you can do it, is a chore itself lol

I know it's not the same but I can recommend Trello for planning the stories and copying and pasting the angles into the game.

There's a whole thread about Trello here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546226&highlight=trello

I know it's not the same but I can recommend Trello for planning the stories and copying and pasting the angles into the game.

There's a whole thread about Trello here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546226&highlight=trello

Going to have a look into this. Although i dont like spending much time doing things outside the games (listing my roster on a S/sheet is too much time taken away)