Changes to Titanic requirements

I did some testing and it appears that Tasmania popularity caps out at 75 even when you have enormous coverage, thus making the Titanic size unacheivable.

unknown.png

My recommendation would be maybe lower the requirements so that you maybe only need 90% of the regions above 77, instead of every region above 77, or change the coverage caps to be a flat% based on the size of the broadcaster.

Can you not run shows in Tasmania to increase it further?

I mean, think about America - the things don't make you take Hawaii and/or Puerto Rico. England doesn't make you take Ireland.

In each area, you can kinda avoid the worst spot as long as you're gold everywhere else.

As far as I know, regions are limited by popularity. They can grow to 100 -- because the Tasmania home requirement requires you to get to an 89 in Tasmania. Popularity growth can slow if you're not regularly visiting the area in person -- Adam limited how much popularity you can gain just off of having your television there. So it might be that you have to run shows in Tasmania to get yourself over the hump.

I mean, think about America - the things don't make you take Hawaii and/or Puerto Rico. England doesn't make you take Ireland.

In each area, you can kinda avoid the worst spot as long as you're gold everywhere else.

That's not true. To get to Titanic, the maximum size, you need to be at a 77 across the entire globe. So you can't avoid the worst spot if you're trying to get to Titanic.

As far as I know, regions are limited by popularity. They can grow to 100 -- because the Tasmania home requirement requires you to get to an 89 in Tasmania. Popularity growth can slow if you're not regularly visiting the area in person -- Adam limited how much popularity you can gain just off of having your television there. So it might be that you have to run shows in Tasmania to get yourself over the hump.

Yeah that might get you to Titanic without changing anything, but it is pretty bad if to get to the highest level in the game you are required to continuously run shows in the least popular region of the game. It also makes me question just want 100 is because it doesn’t seem like it is 100% of that regions available viewers.

Yeah that might get you to Titanic without changing anything, but it is pretty bad if to get to the highest level in the game you are required to continuously run shows in the least popular region of the game. It also makes me question just want 100 is because it doesn’t seem like it is 100% of that regions available viewers.

Why is it pretty bad? That’s how it works in actuality. You can’t just air your show in television in a region and get to the highest level? You don’t have to continually run shows there but you do have to show up in the region. WWE regularly tours places it is not as popular in because running a show there means you have radio advertising and flyers and promotions to increase your brand awareness. WWE isn’t very popular in say, Greece, because they have no real presence there.

It would be a broken system if you could stay in a couple regions of the game but become hugely popular everywhere just off of TV.

Why is it pretty bad? That’s how it works in actuality. You can’t just air your show in television in a region and get to the highest level? You don’t have to continually run shows there but you do have to show up in the region. WWE regularly tours places it is not as popular in because running a show there means you have radio advertising and flyers and promotions to increase your brand awareness. WWE isn’t very popular in say, Greece, because they have no real presence there.

It would be a broken system if you could stay in a couple regions of the game but become hugely popular everywhere just off of TV.

Well it is pretty clearly the opposite of how the game works as the company in the original post is American based and probably has never held in Australia yet, all the other Australian regions are close to 90. Also I am pretty sure that in real life WWE is asking what is the smallest possible place in the world we can hold a show because that’s the area we need for our growth.

Wouldnt this be were company relocation comes in at?

It’s hard to imagine an Australian based company becoming titanic...

Not to mention that the feat should be very difficult. I’m not sure if WWE is even titanic.

Actually the way that it works now it's actually easier for Australian based companies to get Titanic, because the way the pop limit works is it will prevent any company not based in Australia from getting past 75 even from enormous coverage, but Australian companies can easily go past that mark and become Titanic.

Do you think WWE would suddenly become Titanic if they ran shows in Greece and Tasmania, though?! I strongly agree with DJ here and it's one of the things which has made me give up on the game for the moment; there are too many bizarre restrictions which make no sense. If 99% of the population of the world watching think you're amazing then you should be at Titanic WITHOUT needing to suddenly tour Tasmania.

Wouldnt this be were company relocation comes in at?

It’s hard to imagine an Australian based company becoming titanic...

Not to mention that the feat should be very difficult. I’m not sure if WWE is even titanic.

The only way relocation would help is relocating TO Australia, and it's really hard to imagine WWE doing that!!

Triple H: So Ryan we seem to be stuck on large and can’t get over the Tasmania hurdle, how do you propose we do that.

Ryan George: Oh it will be super easy, barely an inconvenience. You just need to relocate to Australia, then you can continue to run your shows in the US like normal and you you will be Titanic.