I was under the impression that when taping 4 TV shows at once I'd only be paying my talent once (taping 4 TV shows in 1 live event, for example), but it appears I have paid my talent 4 times for my TV taping. What's up with that?

What are the advantages of taping more than one show at the same time?

I was under the impression that when taping 4 TV shows at once I'd only be paying my talent once (taping 4 TV shows in 1 live event, for example), but it appears I have paid my talent 4 times for my TV taping. What's up with that?

What are the advantages of taping more than one show at the same time?

You don't pay for the building more than once, you don't pay for travel more than once, you have a greatly reduced production cost -- because you're already set up there.

But the estimated attendance for the following shows (after the first) changed implying it's a different crowd attending. It also takes me to the venue screen, implying I can change venue (although I didn't try this).

I'm fairly certain you can't change venues, because even in 2016 if you ran two events or a TV show and an event on the same day you were locked into being at the same venue and when I've done block scheduling I've never had the attendance change once the shows have been run, they've always had the same attendance.

One of the major benefits of block taping your TV -- is it is a lot easier to schedule your talent. If you have someone who is in high demand and works in different places -- say Findlay O'Farraday -- and you tape on a day when he doesn't tour with BCG, he can be on all four of your weekly TV episodes (if you wanted him to be).

You only pay the talent you use and for the amount of times, you use them. It's designed, I believe, to be away to prevent having a lot of top tier, expensive talent but have them set to "pay per appearance" so that you could effectively pay them once and get four TV shows out of them -- this way you have to pay them for the shows they appear on.

Watch out for audience burn out as well. An audience can only sit through so much wrestling in one day before they start to tune out. I had this issue when I was running my TV show the same day as my monthly event. It was great to keep costs low from running the same venue etc...but by the time I was getting into the Main Events of my BIG monthly Events, the match results were lackluster. I figured out I was overloading my cards (I discovered pre-show matches too) and my crowds were just dead by hour 4...and 5. So, if you're taping multiple shows, try to keep the total time for the day to 3 hours...so maybe 2 1.5 hour shows...or 3 1 hour shows...with little to no going 'over' time.

I'm still new, so if this is incorrect please someone step in, but its something I picked up on and have seen referenced a few times on the board. Good luck!

One thing I did when budget was an issue but I wanted to run shows was having guys cutting promos with the other 'off screen' on episode, and flip it the next...and then use someone who cuts a promo in a match but keep the other guy off TV that show. You just have to really nickle and dime for a bit until the money starts flowing...but you still want your roster to get exposure and gain popularity from being on TV regularly and involved in storylines.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="redhilleagle" data-cite="redhilleagle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I get those advantages, but I just went from spending $17k a month on talent to $90k. I can't do that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Would you work four times and accept pay for just one? No? Why would you expect your workers to?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would you work four times and accept pay for just one? No? Why would you expect your workers to?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is a fair point, but what I've found weird about it is you can book someone to wrestle 4 times on one episode and pay them only once, or you could pay them to wrestle twice on 2 different episodes and have to pay them twice. </p><p> </p><p> That said I think the way the game handles it is probably the "fairest" way, but it does make it very hard for companies to launch their first TV show. I'm still not really sure when it's viable to do that as a small company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would you work four times and accept pay for just one? No? Why would you expect your workers to?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow, it's only a game.</p><p> </p><p> I just must have misread something somewhere, that's all.</p>

Technically TV tapings are separate shows. They are getting paid per show, not appearance.

Yes, and it makes sense, but I don't think it's quite how it would work in real life. I could easily be wrong as I've never been to a bulk taping, but I do remember reading some spoilers in the past from bulk tapings that would always say something like "We aren't sure which matches happened on which episode" and I assume this is because they don't tape in order, episode by episode, but rather they tape the stuff that needs certain guys and then let them go home and move on to whatever else. From that perspective for the talent there really isn't much if any difference between taping 3 episodes of TV where you have a match on each episode, or 1 episode where you wrestle 3 times.

I don't have an issue with how the game chooses to interpret it though, as I said before, I think it probably is the fairest way to stop people exploiting it.

I thought the addition of tv taping would be great for realism. But maybe I’m not understanding properly how they worked in real life, because playing as WWF in 91 for example I can’t see any benefit to doing it that way. I have 1 taping per week for my main show, but have 4 tapings at a time for my B show just so I can auto advance better.

(I’m not playing it as I would properly I’m auto booking a lot)

I’m wondering if a lot is to do with the Mod, bit I can’t see any reason:

- I would just have a 1 hour show (to think they had only a one hour A show up until 96 is doesn’t make sense in the game)

- To not have regular PPVs (when you think they only had 4 a year, in the game I’m playing they are only missing out on extra cash)

Again maybe the mod needs fine tuning as it was really made for TEW16, but in 1991 as WWF you are losing out by not having the same schedule as current day WWE.

Yes, and it makes sense, but I don't think it's quite how it would work in real life. I could easily be wrong as I've never been to a bulk taping, but I do remember reading some spoilers in the past from bulk tapings that would always say something like "We aren't sure which matches happened on which episode" and I assume this is because they don't tape in order, episode by episode, but rather they tape the stuff that needs certain guys and then let them go home and move on to whatever else. From that perspective for the talent there really isn't much if any difference between taping 3 episodes of TV where you have a match on each episode, or 1 episode where you wrestle 3 times.

I don't have an issue with how the game chooses to interpret it though, as I said before, I think it probably is the fairest way to stop people exploiting it.

When they used to tape. I was of the understanding they would basically have X house shows a week. Not X shows in the same building in one night.

So each building would have one show per night (maybe the odd day they had two shows in one night, but at different locations with different workers) and workers would only work once a night (or once in the same location per night)

They would then record the shows or parts of the shown they want for the taping and put them together for the TV tape.

Eg hulk hogan maybe would go round wrestling say macho man for months in different locations, but only parts of it would be taped, while warrior maybe working with mr perfect on different shows and sometimes on the same show and that would have parts taped, the footage of the different shows would be put together to make a Taping and future tapings. Being able to pick say the best ‘hulk v savage’ match out of the shows to put out to tv.

I suppose they used to call some of the shows ‘tapings for x’ because they were going to be taped, but not all of it was taped like for example Raw in 2000 where the whole show was taped (apart from the dark matches) and televised

I thought the addition of tv taping would be great for realism. But maybe I’m not understanding properly how they worked in real life, because playing as WWF in 91 for example I can’t see any benefit to doing it that way. I have 1 taping per week for my main show, but have 4 tapings at a time for my B show just so I can auto advance better.

(I’m not playing it as I would properly I’m auto booking a lot)

I’m wondering if a lot is to do with the Mod, bit I can’t see any reason:

- I would just have a 1 hour show (to think they had only a one hour A show up until 96 is doesn’t make sense in the game)

- To not have regular PPVs (when you think they only had 4 a year, in the game I’m playing they are only missing out on extra cash)

Again maybe the mod needs fine tuning as it was really made for TEW16, but in 1991 as WWF you are losing out by not having the same schedule as current day WWE.

Definitely sound like a mod issue. WWE didn’t have the budget they do now back in the 90’s.

A completely different question for TV Tapings:

Does is still increase the fatigue and chance of injury to workers to have them in multiple matches even if matches are on different shows but taped on the same night? So far I've only ever booked 2 shows at a time to avoid crowd burnout, but am guessing that worker fatigue would work the same.

When they used to tape. I was of the understanding they would basically have X house shows a week. Not X shows in the same building in one night.

So each building would have one show per night (maybe the odd day they had two shows in one night, but at different locations with different workers) and workers would only work once a night (or once in the same location per night)

They would then record the shows or parts of the shown they want for the taping and put them together for the TV tape.

Eg hulk hogan maybe would go round wrestling say macho man for months in different locations, but only parts of it would be taped, while warrior maybe working with mr perfect on different shows and sometimes on the same show and that would have parts taped, the footage of the different shows would be put together to make a Taping and future tapings. Being able to pick say the best ‘hulk v savage’ match out of the shows to put out to tv.

I suppose they used to call some of the shows ‘tapings for x’ because they were going to be taped, but not all of it was taped like for example Raw in 2000 where the whole show was taped (apart from the dark matches) and televised

Highlights from tours would closely replicate this.

Tapings in the game replicates events specifically for tv tapings that usually last 1 or 2 consecutive days at the same spot.