Any recommendations for an entertaining company to start with (C-Verse).

I've been playing TEW2020 for a few months at this point and I really enjoy the game. I've put literal days into booking stuff, mainly in two different saves that I've ran (one with MAW, one with a company I made in Japan) that have gone around the 4 to 6 year mark, but nothing past that.

I just want to see if any of you guys have recommendations for a new start, I've been eyeing doing a PGHW or BCG save and trying to get that far into the future (PGHW because they seem to have a lot more interesting wrestlers with loyalty compared to BHOTWG that I want to develop, BCG because I like the idea of Maeda eventually handing the company off to Funakoshi about 5 to 7 years in because of aging, and trying to build storylines around that) but I've never really done it because of the touring dates, as booking over 100 shows a year just doesn't seem fun.

So, really, two questions:

To people who've run a save with an in-game Japanese company, do you take the tour dates out, do you autobook them, or do you just stick through with booking them all yourself.

And to everyone else, do you have any interesting companies to start with that you would recommend?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a TON of Japanese companies that go for years and years and I've never autobooked a single show. Sure it takes time, but I like having full control.

Use those shows to find chemistry between partners, use them to have a veteran go over a young lion in a singles match, etc.

You could totally remove some of the dates if it becomes too monotonous, you don't have to always book 10 shows before a big one. I ALWAYS change up the schedule so it's not 12 standard tours. I throw in a TONNNNN of tournaments, some short international tour, some random special shows, etc. to break up the monotony.

I'm starting an EX2010 game because I never really messed with a smaller puro company before. The junior style is intriguing.

BCG is probably my favorite because of the guys at the top. Funakoshi, Okamato, Torii, Furusawa, Ikoma, Findlay, etc. They aren't very deep beyond that but that's part of the fun.

PGHW is also great. They are similar IMO with a top heavy card. Kawashima is probably my favorite CVerse puro star.

BHOTWG is the obvious NJPW equivalent, but I've never been able to have fun with them and I'm not sure why. Oh well, the NEO faction stuff seems interesting and I'm a huge Matthew Keith fan so you could also give them a shot!

I play a TON of Japanese companies that go for years and years and I've never autobooked a single show. Sure it takes time, but I like having full control.

Use those shows to find chemistry between partners, use them to have a veteran go over a young lion in a singles match, etc.

You could totally remove some of the dates if it becomes too monotonous, you don't have to always book 10 shows before a big one. I ALWAYS change up the schedule so it's not 12 standard tours. I throw in a TONNNNN of tournaments, some short international tour, some random special shows, etc. to break up the monotony.

I'm starting an EX2010 game because I never really messed with a smaller puro company before. The junior style is intriguing.

BCG is probably my favorite because of the guys at the top. Funakoshi, Okamato, Torii, Furusawa, Ikoma, Findlay, etc. They aren't very deep beyond that but that's part of the fun.

PGHW is also great. They are similar IMO with a top heavy card. Kawashima is probably my favorite CVerse puro star.

BHOTWG is the obvious NJPW equivalent, but I've never been able to have fun with them and I'm not sure why. Oh well, the NEO faction stuff seems interesting and I'm a huge Matthew Keith fan so you could also give them a shot!

I've somehow never thought about shortening the tours before, big mistake on my part.

And thanks for the info on each company, It's still probably up in the air but I'm leaning towards PGHW simply because they have Magnum Kobe, who ended up being a major player in my MAW save after I got him into the U.S.

To people who've run a save with an in-game Japanese company, do you take the tour dates out, do you autobook them, or do you just stick through with booking them all yourself.

I basically only book Japanese companies. I cannot for the life of me get into booking weekly television, it just makes no sense in my head. My main save right now is actually with CWA, but the first thing I did was cancel the TV deal and change to a Japanese-style touring schedule.

The main issue with the Japanese companies in TEW is the schedule isn't really realistic. They're set up just like American companies with one big show a month then a bunch of tour shows that lead up to it. In real life Japanese companies run way more than 12 big shows a year.

New Japan Pro Wrestling in real life have at least 20 shows that would be considered "PPVs" in TEW, and that's not counting things like certain tournament dates that draw 10,000 + people like the last two nights of the G1 Climax before the final.

So the first thing you need to do in my opinion to run a Japanese promotion is add way more big shows, which in turn allows you to get rid of some of the tour events because there is less time in between. In my CWA save I have 16 "PPVs." The easiest way to do this is adding more tournaments. Then with your tournaments a lot of them will take more than a month to run, the G1 Climax for example takes almost two.

So when you add more big shows, then you make the space between some tournaments longer, you end up with no too many tour shows between the rest of the big shows.

I'm not super familiar with PGHW, but looking at their schedule they have the ELITE Series, and the ELITE TAG Series. I would the ELITE Series as a 20 man tournament with two blocks of 10 wrestlers each. This means you would need 18 tour dates before the final to pull it off with five matches on each card (one block wrestles one night, the other the next, etc.) To pull that off you would need at least a month and a half, maybe two. You could run the tag tournament the same way but with slightly less teams, maybe two blocks of eight meaning you would need 14 tour dates, five or six weeks.

Then you could add a Junior Heavyweight Title with a tournament that goes along with it, another Heavyweight tournament but in a knockout format instead of round robin, stuff like that. Tournaments are very big in Japanese wrestling and a great way to fill up the time. If you run a few big tournaments and a few small tournaments in a year, they take up so much time that you end up with a big show every couple of weeks the rest of the year, meaning you only need to book a few tour shows leading up to each one, some none at all.

I'll attach my schedule for my CWA save so you can have a look at it. You'll notice the only really long tours are for tournaments which are fun to book anyway, the rest are a few shows at most.

https://imgur.com/a/95wdMeE

Ultimate Showdown is my season finale, Stone/DeColt Memorial is my version of the ELITE Series I explained above. Juniors Unleashed is the same thing for Juniors. Ed Henson Memorial is my tournament for tag teams in the same format. Canada Cup is a knockout version of my Heavyweight tournament and the same thing for women running at the same time. Everything else is only a few shows. I may add more big shows as I see fit but for now there's always something going on. Hardly any "filler" at all.

Tour shows are also super easy to book. You just put people who are feuding with each other in multi-man tag matches against each other. This is why stables are so important so everyone has people to tag with.

Anyway I hope this rant gave you a little insight into why I find Japanese companies so fun to book, and maybe helps you get started if you choose to go with PGHW or BCG!

Just to add on to what RocheBag said, the key to success is the schedule. Here's what I set up in my PGHW game:

ZFPGHs3.png?1

So basically I split up the schedule into four pieces, three months each. I kept the PRIDE, GLORY, HONOR, WRESTLING tours as the final of each fourth.

I threw in a bunch of tournaments, smaller tours, international shows, and a couple random special events like the United Forces Tribute Show.

It's a lot more fun this way than just "6 tour shows->big show. 6 tour shows->big show."

I basically only book Japanese companies. I cannot for the life of me get into booking weekly television, it just makes no sense in my head. My main save right now is actually with CWA, but the first thing I did was cancel the TV deal and change to a Japanese-style touring schedule.

This REALLLLY makes me want to do this with TCW!

The main issue with the Japanese companies in TEW is the schedule isn't really realistic. They're set up just like American companies with one big show a month then a bunch of tour shows that lead up to it. In real life Japanese companies run way more than 12 big shows a year.

New Japan Pro Wrestling in real life have at least 20 shows that would be considered "PPVs" in TEW, and that's not counting things like certain tournament dates that draw 10,000 + people like the last two nights of the G1 Climax before the final.

So the first thing you need to do in my opinion to run a Japanese promotion is add way more big shows, which in turn allows you to get rid of some of the tour events because there is less time in between. In my CWA save I have 16 "PPVs." The easiest way to do this is adding more tournaments. Then with your tournaments a lot of them will take more than a month to run, the G1 Climax for example takes almost two.

So when you add more big shows, then you make the space between some tournaments longer, you end up with no too many tour shows between the rest of the big shows.

I'm not super familiar with PGHW, but looking at their schedule they have the ELITE Series, and the ELITE TAG Series. I would the ELITE Series as a 20 man tournament with two blocks of 10 wrestlers each. This means you would need 18 tour dates before the final to pull it off with five matches on each card (one block wrestles one night, the other the next, etc.) To pull that off you would need at least a month and a half, maybe two. You could run the tag tournament the same way but with slightly less teams, maybe two blocks of eight meaning you would need 14 tour dates, five or six weeks.

Then you could add a Junior Heavyweight Title with a tournament that goes along with it, another Heavyweight tournament but in a knockout format instead of round robin, stuff like that. Tournaments are very big in Japanese wrestling and a great way to fill up the time. If you run a few big tournaments and a few small tournaments in a year, they take up so much time that you end up with a big show every couple of weeks the rest of the year, meaning you only need to book a few tour shows leading up to each one, some none at all.

I'll attach my schedule for my CWA save so you can have a look at it. You'll notice the only really long tours are for tournaments which are fun to book anyway, the rest are a few shows at most.

https://imgur.com/a/95wdMeE

Ultimate Showdown is my season finale, Stone/DeColt Memorial is my version of the ELITE Series I explained above. Juniors Unleashed is the same thing for Juniors. Ed Henson Memorial is my tournament for tag teams in the same format. Canada Cup is a knockout version of my Heavyweight tournament and the same thing for women running at the same time. Everything else is only a few shows. I may add more big shows as I see fit but for now there's always something going on. Hardly any "filler" at all.

Tour shows are also super easy to book. You just put people who are feuding with each other in multi-man tag matches against each other. This is why stables are so important so everyone has people to tag with.

Anyway I hope this rant gave you a little insight into why I find Japanese companies so fun to book, and maybe helps you get started if you choose to go with PGHW or BCG!

That's genius, you and Dalton have convinced me to get a PGHW save started using something similar to both of your schedules. Thank you both for the help and advice for getting it started!

Just to add on to what RocheBag said, the key to success is the schedule. Here's what I set up in my PGHW game:

ZFPGHs3.png?1

So basically I split up the schedule into four pieces, three months each. I kept the PRIDE, GLORY, HONOR, WRESTLING tours as the final of each fourth.

I threw in a bunch of tournaments, smaller tours, international shows, and a couple random special events like the United Forces Tribute Show.

It's a lot more fun this way than just "6 tour shows->big show. 6 tour shows->big show."

This REALLLLY makes me want to do this with TCW!

It's an absolute blast. I love CWA's roster but I lasted about a month and a half doing TV and then I said I can't handle this. I made a storyline out of it, Steve DeColt announced the change, some wrestlers hated it, some supported him etc. He's a legend of Canadian wrestling so I imagined some fans would trust him with the change but others would hate it, leading to mixed reactions. It's been great so far.

I changed the product to East Meets West which seems extremely fitting. 60/40 performance over pop but you can still get away with cheap endings and fans expect storylines and gimmicks.

I haven't tried any Japanese companies yet. Although for my road to glory challenge game I'm running an American touring company. Touring schedules are pretty damn easy to book. Figure out your matches of your big show at the end, lots of singles and a few tags there. Then do short shows for th tour shows. A handful of matches mostly multiman matches that include the guys who are gonna be facing off in singles, and a few tag or even singles matches agianst young lions to build momentum.

But if you want suggestions for other promotions that are so much fun I'd like to introduce you to EMLL. Getting around the "We only do singles matches" thing can be a little daunting. But the the whole premises of the company is amazing and leaves you so many stories to tell.

The multiverse is cracked and creatures from different dimensions have come to do battle in one place EMLL. You have a worshiper of a Snake God (the god who cracked the universe in the first place), A lord of the undead from the Hellmouth. A Demon Lords who is actually just an alternate dimension version of the Undead Lord. A super hero from a world that is all water. And so many others.

There is a main title, but the denizens of the multiverse also do battle over three rings of power. The Ring of Chaos, The Ring of Life, and The Ring of Destiny. Nobody knows yet what happens if one man has all three rings. Oh and The Ring of Destiny can be turned in to get a title shot at the main title.

If you are looking for fun and/or you're a big fan of Sci-Fi/Fantasy stuff especially dark fantasy then EMLL is the promotion for you. Think Lucha Underground.

TCW is my go to company for Cverse games. In this version, they're in an interesting position. The roster is aging, and needs an infusion of young talent. On the upside, there's lots of good talent available. They start at medium size, and grow to large in only a few months. If you want to run a big company, they're a good choice.

If you're checking out Japanese companies look into WLW. I feel like they are one of the best companies in the game and aren't often suggested from what I've seen. They have the touring schedule if you want and their product is easy on the workers, they have a young crop of young lions with tons of star power. Masa Kurata is a beast. If you wanted a more performance based product you could change from Lucharesu Entertainment to Lucharesu Amped Up. They're easily my favorite products so far.

If you're checking out Japanese companies look into WLW. I feel like they are one of the best companies in the game and aren't often suggested from what I've seen. They have the touring schedule if you want and their product is easy on the workers, they have a young crop of young lions with tons of star power. Masa Kurata is a beast. If you wanted a more performance based product you could change from Lucharesu Entertainment to Lucharesu Amped Up. They're easily my favorite products so far.

i second this

If you do change TCW to a touring schedule like you said, I'd love to see how you get on.

z1LkaFp.png?1

Just whipped this up

Tournaments:

• Total Champions League - Round robin G1-style
  • King of Kings - Single elim knockout
  • Global Junior Cup - Round robin junior tourney (BOSJ)
  • World Tag League - Round robin tag tourney

I went through the default TCW schedule and tried to keep the events that are considered Historic or Legendary as normal tours

I run BCG and I will tell you it's an awesome company. Lock up your entire main event to exclusive per show contracts right away and it's smooth sailing. Might want to get any of the young lions that pop up as good prospects too.

I did not like their original schedule. After a TON of tinkering over the first few years (almost done with 2021) I came up with 3 tournaments to add (main event tag team, midcard singles, midcard tag team) to their tours. I shortened up a lot of the others except for the couple that I enjoy for the names and what they could mean as I go. All of the tour openers are Normal events, as are the majority of the big two tournament tour shows. And on the longer tours without tourneys I will have a midpoint normal show as well.

For the two main event Grand Prix tours I spaced the big tour ender out a week from the day after the last tour show. I use the option of pre-booking being necessary for normal events and it lets me pre-book the full show after the tourney is over. Gives a nice boost to attendance too!

z1LkaFp.png?1

Just whipped this up

Tournaments:

I went through the default TCW schedule and tried to keep the events that are considered Historic or Legendary as normal tours

This is great, thanks for sharing.

Inspired by these ideas, I purchased the Ed Henson Memorial Cup to use in the World Tag League equivalent for my save with TCW.

I'm also looking for a place to try and incorporate a trios tournament into TCW's schedule.

I just might have to steal some of these scheduling ideas. This looks incredible.

Question - how do you guys do contracts (if you're starting out as say Tiny or Small). Guessing you keep your "core" guys, or the ones you want to build around as ongoing, and cycle in fresh blood by releasing certain guys you bring in for just a tour or two?

Depends where you are in Small. You have the option of Exclusive Written.

If you are in the high 40s or low 50s lock those important guys up ASAP. The money won't hurt you long enough to matter.

If you are in the low end of Small you will have to figure out who your two or three guys you can afford to lock up are and when it makes sense to add to that list.

If you can't lock guys up make sure you don't put titles on them and give them a ton of momentum. Once you do that the big companies start noticing.

z1LkaFp.png?1

Just whipped this up

Tournaments:

That's awesome mate. You thinking of adding any more big shows? Seems a little short unless some of the "tour" night are actually normal events.

I just might have to steal some of these scheduling ideas. This looks incredible.

Question - how do you guys do contracts (if you're starting out as say Tiny or Small). Guessing you keep your "core" guys, or the ones you want to build around as ongoing, and cycle in fresh blood by releasing certain guys you bring in for just a tour or two?

When I was insignificant/tiny I just hired local talent with better pop than my signed guys and had them lose. Then I just bring in released guys from the big companies on 6 month deals and do the same.

I play as BHOTWG. The first thing I do is set up my own network and then open development feds in Japan and the US and have also taken over SAISHO and (just recently) FCW (I've also just opened one up in the UK and I am just waiting for CWA to go broke so I can take them over). I put these development feds on my network and hire a bunch of up and coming workers and other popular wrestlers in those areas to wrestle there. I make more than $1m from the US and Mexico feds, and more than $2m from SAISHO per month.

Because my network airs in Japan, the workers in my dev feds gain popularity in Japan and so when I hold my big tournaments I can add workers from my dev feds and include them as "international stars".

I hold a big 64 man elimination tournament once a year where I include these "international stars" (2 32 man tournaments running at the same time. Winner of each half face each other). I invite these wrestlers to my Summit round robin tournament (such as Nelson Callum who has been my US Champion in my dev fed for ages).

For tag teams I held a 16 team international tournament. I haven't done a Super Junior one yet, and may do a 32 man one or 64 man elimination one as well.

Some ideas there.

Just a bit of an update after a few days, I decided to go with PGHW for the time being (though I don't necessarily plan for it being a longterm save, depends on how invested I get) and I went with a modified schedule.

Shortened the default tours by a bit, added a few international tours, and added a Junior Glory Crown belt and Elite Junior Series tournament into it. Only just got to 2021 but so far it's interesting.

Since this is my first time playing through using a lot of these workers, let me just say, the roster's main stars are basically cheat codes, any match involving them is an automatic 90+ after two or three months. I also ended up bringing in some of BCG's stars that weren't loyal to them (Furusawa, SUKI, & Tanyu) and EX2010's Tsuneyo Yanagimoto simply because of the fact that if I didn't, Burning Hammer would, and the only underlying storyline I'm trying to do with this save is the rivalry between PGHW & BHOTWG.

One weird thing I've seen is WLW start to collapse. Lots of debt, never seen this happen in the few playthroughs I've had get to 2021 so I'm not sure if some random event happened that I didn't notice, but it'll make for an interesting game if I either decide to buy them out or let them go down themselves.

Linking on to an earlier conversation with the Japanese scheduling and such, does anyone have any ideas how viable it would be to run QAW as a touring company rather than just their twelve shows a year? I kind of get how I would want to do it, making the existing stables larger and adding a couple, and I would also have to consider do I change the product to one where I have less of an expectation on angles, my concern would be does it work for their audience and would I just go bust in half a year or so.

If it isn't doable, eh, I have 5SSW, I have AJJ in the Thunderverse (I tend to favour joshi/women's wrestling in general truth be told), figured worth an ask.