So is there really no way in the game to set up effective squash matches?

Seems like if you book a short match, set one worker to dominate, have the purpose be storytelling, hire a local worker, etc., none of these tell the game that you are trying to book a squash match intending to either get the worker over or show off his kayfabe dominance, which theoretically could result in a higher rating (within reason obviously). So is there really no way to set up effective squash matches in the game?

I mean how high of a rating? I've run squash matches that got low 70s but it shouldn't be much higher. The average is 40 or 50s

Yeah, I agree with Zero here. Have you ever watched a squash match and thought, "Gee, that may be the best match I've ever seen?" As long as you have some good matches and angles elsewhere on the card, you can take a low rating. Use it as a way to cool off the crowd after a barn burner.

Yup. If you want to recreate Superstars from late 80s/early 90s you will have your fair share of mediocre match ratings. I book 50/50 with my low card talent. For example, David Schultz is now a jobber for me. On my A show he jobs to top talent, but on by B Show I have no name talent job to him. That way he keeps his popularity at a decent place but takes plenty of losses

<p>You get the "Well executed squash" note which gives a bonus when the following conditions are met:</p><p> </p><p>

- Loser has to be "Unimportant" perception, which local workers are by default</p><p>

- Match has to be 5 minutes or less</p><p>

- "Decisive Win" AND/OR "Dominate" note used. Can be both but doesn't have to be</p><p> </p><p>

If those three conditions are met you will get a bonus for the match. Having said that, I don't think the point of squash matches are to get good ratings. Whether the match is good or not the worker will get momentum which is the entire point as far as I'm concerned.</p>

I think there's a confusion of what a squash match is. It is meant to make one side look really good. When you thought, "that was a good squash match," it was due to how well that one side looked. However, when it comes to world class matches, it would not be good. A Good to great match is about story telling, psychology and is well crafted with back and forth. If you look at the products, it will tell you how long matches have to be to be able to reach world class levels. Anything below that, cannot get a high enough rating. It is the same as in 2016, running a storyline based company with matches that did not have a storyline associated, it made the match limited to B+ at the most.

You get the "Well executed squash" note which gives a bonus when the following conditions are met:

- Loser has to be "Unimportant" perception, which local workers are by default

- Match has to be 5 minutes or less

- "Decisive Win" AND/OR "Dominate" note used. Can be both but doesn't have to be

If those three conditions are met you will get a bonus for the match. Having said that, I don't think the point of squash matches are to get good ratings. Whether the match is good or not the worker will get momentum which is the entire point as far as I'm concerned.

^^^ this

You get the "Well executed squash" note which gives a bonus when the following conditions are met:

- "Decisive Win" AND/OR "Dominate" note used. Can be both but doesn't have to be

If those three conditions are met you will get a bonus for the match. Having said that, I don't think the point of squash matches are to get good ratings. Whether the match is good or not the worker will get momentum which is the entire point as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for this.

That's good to know thanks. My other question is... you say they gain momentum but would they lose popularity/overness because the rating of the actual match is low? If the answer is yes, then that is sort of reason not to run them. If not, then that's fine/

And by the way, to those that say it shouldn't be a high rating, I understand it shouldn't blow the world away in rating, but I tried a 65 popularity against an unknown and got a 35 rating. I feel like in real life, if you see an effective squash match, it serves a role on the show and would therefore be perceived or even received better by the audience than a 35.

That's good to know thanks. My other question is... you say they gain momentum but would they lose popularity/overness because the rating of the actual match is low? If the answer is yes, then that is sort of reason not to run them. If not, then that's fine/

I've never seen that happen and I run terrible squashes all of the time. Popularity going up or down is generally about who you beat, or how you lose, and not match quality.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="siege102" data-cite="siege102" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51595" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's good to know thanks. My other question is... you say they gain momentum but would they lose popularity/overness because the rating of the actual match is low? If the answer is yes, then that is sort of reason not to run them. If not, then that's fine/ <p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess if they are already really over (like 90s popularity) and you book them in a really atrocious squash match (weird notes and bad crowd management) and pick a jobber who is so bad they fail toe execute even the short match then maybe you get a low enough rating to at least not help them or slightly hurt. But why would you do that?</p>