Partial Scripted Angles and Talent trading

So me and my friend notice that often a worker who is a great talker can masterfully improvise a promo 1 week, and the next week be absolutely dreadful and suck without a script. So why not put in a road agent note that instead of a strict script or no script, theres an option for partial script? kind of like promos where the road agent is like 'these bullet points are what you need to say, but in between them, you can choose', which would A: help bad promo's get gradually better to the point where they can no script it. And B: get consistency for those who can already talk well

My second point is talent trading, why was this dumbed down from 2016? I would add back the ability to trade multiple workers at once, and add back cash payments, because its difficult trading people to a japanese company as the US

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="beatingstuff88" data-cite="beatingstuff88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51597" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So me and my friend notice that often a worker who is a great talker can masterfully improvise a promo 1 week, and the next week be absolutely dreadful and suck without a script. So why not put in a road agent note that instead of a strict script or no script, theres an option for partial script? kind of like promos where the road agent is like 'these bullet points are what you need to say, but in between them, you can choose', which would A: help bad promo's get gradually better to the point where they can no script it. And B: get consistency for those who can already talk well<p> </p><p> My second point is talent trading, why was this dumbed down from 2016? I would add back the ability to trade multiple workers at once, and add back cash payments, because its difficult trading people to a japanese company as the US</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah the way it works now, if you want to trade with a Japanese company, the worker you are offering has to be more popular <strong>in Japan</strong> than the one you are receiving. Which obviously makes it very tough.</p>

I don't mind workers having to be sufficient popularity in the region. It wouldn't help WWE to get Okada because his pop in the US would be like 55, and I am being VERY VERY generous in that 55.

I do wish we could make cash payments, but in TEW2016, the AI was really stingy and didn't value the cash. You still had to wind up doing 3 for 1 + lots of cash, then they would trade your worker to Hardcore Companies before using them.

The one thing I would like to see fixed, is workers on loan should never be able to be "Subletted" out this way. This makes no sense and it's unrealistic.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51597" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't mind workers having to be sufficient popularity in the region. <strong>It wouldn't help WWE to get Okada because his pop in the US would be like 55, and I am being VERY VERY generous in that 55. </strong><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Then so would most "Major Stars" in the WWE be, besides Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Brock Lesnar.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
So me and my friend notice that often a worker who is a great talker can masterfully improvise a promo 1 week, and the next week be absolutely dreadful and suck without a script. So why not put in a road agent note that instead of a strict script or no script, theres an option for partial script? kind of like promos where the road agent is like 'these bullet points are what you need to say, but in between them, you can choose', which would A: help bad promo's get gradually better to the point where they can no script it. And B: get consistency for those who can already talk well

In real life, aren't workers always given bullet points for their promos anyways? I've always viewed the no-script option in the game as exactly that: The road agent tells them what the promo should generally be about, but it's up to the wrestler on how to get the point across.

In real life, aren't workers always given bullet points for their promos anyways?

No, at least not in WWE. As hashed out in over a dozen podcasts over the last year (Moxley's Talk Is Jericho one specifically), WWE's promos are strictly scripted, word-for-word for the vast majority of workers. Some people are given freedom to improvise (Cena, Heyman, Rock, Edge, Triple H, maybe Orton) but for the most part, some writer in the back is feeding those lines to people. That's why their promos sound so wooden and why some of the wrestling YouTube programs have segments like "Nobody Talks Like That", "WHAT?", and "WTF". Listen to Vince's promo from Friday's 'Thunderdome' Smackdown. It was a bunch of marketing cliches strung together into a couple of sentences. In short, if it sounds like something a real person would say, it's probably not scripted. But you're right in that even those workers allowed to improvise were usually given parameters to work within. I think it was Dusty who said, "I'll give you the what, you figure out the how". So the booker would tell the worker what message they want to get across and the worker figured out how to best accomplish that with their character.

I don't think the first suggestion is possible because it seems like the 'dreadful' performance by a master on the mic thing was added purposely. I don't think toning it down would be on the table. In TEW16, if a worker had 90+ entertainment skills, it was so rare for them to fail at an unscripted segment that it was actually notable when it happened. Now, even with 100/100/100, workers blow promos about 5% of the time, which is a big deal for people who spend a lot of time onscreen.

<p>That's how I've always read it. "Unscripted" promo means that I (or the Road Agent on that segment now) goes up and says: here's your time, here's your points, make sure you remind them that we got a big event coming up...and point to the Wrestlemania sign (Ok...maybe not that last one). After that, it's up to them what they say as long as they get those points across and do it within the boundaries of my company regs as far as profanity, smack-talking, innuendo, etc. (also when I see a worker "struggled without a script", it means that they had a hard time getting the points they needed to get worked into their promo smoothly).</p><p> </p><p>

From that standpoint, I would think an "Unscripted" promo would be what the OP is suggesting, while a "Scripted" promo is what WWE tends to do today.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the talent trading part, I absolutely agree that should be looked into. I used to be able to pay a ton of money to borrow a worker for a handful of appearances, but I can't do that anymore, and it makes no sense. If I want to use RVD in 1996 (I'm spitballin' and not checking actual dates) when ECW was struggling financially, I would think offering money would be worth something to them, possibly more than offering talent (who may or may not be accepted by that ECW fanbase). In fact, I've done that sort of thing a ton of times in past versions to great success.</p><p> </p><p>

St.T</p>