[RELEASE] 1993 Times-a-Changin'

1993 Times-a-Changin'

ty5Hqxw.jpg

Data V1.2 (22/02/21) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/9lyldg6l14fh35s/1993+Data.rar/file

Graphics (22/02/21) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/bywjggwiwsl7tsq/1993+gfx.rar/file

Mod starts January 1993, ready for the first ever Monday Night Raw.

Not had change to test this 100% so please post any errors/suggestions and I will continue to update. The picture pack as is pack is a work in progress as continues to be updated along with my 95/96 pack.

Decided to boot up a save to check it out here are just a couple of WCW things I've immediately picked up on. And I'll add to this as I play. But for a 1.0 release, it's pretty darn clean.

1) Barry Windham is the NWA World Champion(they have 2 world titles for most of the year If I remember correctly.)

2) The Rock & Roll Express and the Heavenly Bodies, as well as a few other talents from SMW have handshakes with WCW, and would work both shows. You've got the talent trade, but probably better to just have them both have formal handshake deals.

3) Two of the Moondog's (Spike and Splat I think) don't have a render yet which is, strange. Others are missing but its not a big deal, just weird half the group has them, and half doesn't.

4) Bill Watts isn't out yet. He fires Heyman at the end of January, can't remember when he goes, but it's not til mid-late 93 that Bischoff takes the reigns. Terry Funk famously campaigned for the book all the way through 93 if my memory is right.

Decided to boot up a save to check it out here are just a couple of WCW things I've immediately picked up on. And I'll add to this as I play. But for a 1.0 release, it's pretty darn clean.

1) Barry Windham is the NWA World Champion(they have 2 world titles for most of the year If I remember correctly.)

2) The Rock & Roll Express and the Heavenly Bodies, as well as a few other talents from SMW have handshakes with WCW, and would work both shows. You've got the talent trade, but probably better to just have them both have formal handshake deals.

3) Two of the Moondog's (Spike and Splat I think) don't have a render yet which is, strange. Others are missing but its not a big deal, just weird half the group has them, and half doesn't.

4) Bill Watts isn't out yet. He fires Heyman at the end of January, can't remember when he goes, but it's not til mid-late 93 that Bischoff takes the reigns. Terry Funk famously campaigned for the book all the way through 93 if my memory is right.

Cheers bud, Ill get them fixed/added.

The NWA World title was an alliance title at the time, Windham didnt win the NWA world title until Superbrawl 3 in February. As of the 1st Jan, Chono was the champion, he dropped the title to Muta 4th Jan at NJPW Fantastic Story in Tokyo Dome, Muta then dropped it to Windham in Feb 1993

The only thing I see really wrong in the mod is the thing that has plagued every mod that has been converted--the experience stat. There are a ton of 0s and 20 or below on guys that should have way more. Too many to list. Basically, I'd say to do a massive once-over on them. Keep in mind that any non-wrestlers have to have at least a 40, or they ruin every segment they're in. At least that's been my experience with road agents and interviewers.

I would quibble with Austin's performance row stats. He's way better than 55's at this time in his career. Steamboat having a 55 SQ is shocking. You might need to add some of the age-specific attributes to a few people. Terry Funk has none, for instance, which means he's probably going to retire soon.

Your mod did remind me just how much I absolutely hate the negotiation AI in 2020 though. It's so bad and incredibly annoying.

I'll take a look at the experience stat for road agents.

The experience stat is purely geared towards the CornelVerse were every road agent in the data is a current or ex wrestler.

Obviously this isnt the case in real life so I wil create a stats that I think their road agent work warrants for the next update.

Hey Gaz I see most of the companies broadcasting deals are set to 0 for minimum quality. Is this on purpose or should we just adjust it. I also came across most of the b tv shows are set to dormant. I was looking and WWF Mania and Wrestling Challenge and Superstars were all still going back then. Thanks for your work man.

Hey Gaz I see most of the companies broadcasting deals are set to 0 for minimum quality. Is this on purpose or should we just adjust it. I also came across most of the b tv shows are set to dormant. I was looking and WWF Mania and Wrestling Challenge and Superstars were all still going back then. Thanks for your work man.

Hey bud, I still need to do the broadcast quality, I'll have it done in the next update, I'd also made it so companies only have 1 B show active just as a personal preference because I think its a pain in the ass running loads of B shows.

Experience is just for in ring wrestlers, there are some road agents such as Dave Hebner, Harvey Wippleman (although he was a manager at this time) and Bruce Prichard who havent wrestled so deserve 0 according to the guide.

Are you 100% sure about that? Because anytime I've had less than 40 even with an interviewer, the segment has tanked. And there are a bunch of wrestlers in there that have been wrestling for several years that had 0 experience, some had 20 that had been wrestling for nearly a decade.

But absolutely anyone you're going to use as a road agent has to have a bunch of experience whether they've wrestled or not, or they're utterly useless. Can't even do a 4-minute promo angle without screwing it up much less road agent multiple segments on a show. And if it was going to be nothing but wrestling experience why name it a generic experience? That's dumb.

Are you 100% sure about that? Because anytime I've had less than 40 even with an interviewer, the segment has tanked. And there are a bunch of wrestlers in there that have been wrestling for several years that had 0 experience, some had 20 that had been wrestling for nearly a decade.

But absolutely anyone you're going to use as a road agent has to have a bunch of experience whether they've wrestled or not, or they're utterly useless. Can't even do a 4-minute promo angle without screwing it up much less road agent multiple segments on a show. And if it was going to be nothing but wrestling experience why name it a generic experience? That's dumb.

The angle more than likely tanks because of the popularity of the interviewer, I never have the interviewer rated in an angle unless they really are over.

Think of it like watching a Randy Savage promo in real life, do you care about Raymond Rougaeu standing there holding the mic for him and asking questions? The focus of your angle should be on the person being interviewed.

These are people that have pretty good pop in several different mods because I almost never use unknown interviewers in angles as they tend to tank the rating just like unknown wrestlers.

And this version of 2020 is just garbage. I've hoped and hoped things would get fixed, but all tweaking has made it worse.

Here's the situation, though I don't see how you can fix any of this. I ran my first night of TV (moved Main Event to Saturday with WCW Saturday Night). I made one mistake in not cheating and daring to rate Sting getting attacked by a returning Flair (User) and Tully in one angle as a minor defeat which I replayed without the ding on the B show. Well, that booted Sting out of being a Major Star which halved his Figurehead bonus. So, that's great and makes absolutely no sense and just screams "Hey, you're never supposed to use negative things in angles ever so cheat, cheat, cheat!".

The A show gets an 80 (did the math and should have gotten an 81 but big whoop). Oh, did I say big whoop? Well, it dropped my pop in Mid Atlantic, which was 80, and then, the biggest ruination in the game happened. Medium TV is now utterly useless when you have 70 pop. FIVE areas in the US didn't have enough viewers despite one region being below Medium on TBS to gain pop on the +10 show. So, to recap, out of 11 regions 6 stayed the same or lost pop on a +10 show. The Europe deal is utterly pointless because it'll never gain pop due to a lack of viewers. Drew a 0.81 rating btw. Did I mention I start at 70 pop across the US with 1 80?

The industry is at 42, not 22, 12, or even 2. Big coverage requires the most ridiculous show ratings even on cable (which why is everything at Terrestrial instead of Cable?) to the point that no Medium company should be able to easily run that well at anything but the worst timeslots (TBS' default Evening slot is 83 because one region is big but on terrestrial instead of cable which drops it by about 7 points in other mods). So, essentially, I'd be playing this game knowing nothing I do matters outside of maybe PPV giving me pop for about 3-5 years (industry is going down which is accurate for 1993 btw) until the industry gets back up to what, 60, 70, 80, doesn't matter???

How in the hell is any of that fun? Why turn TEW into a worse, way less fun grind than Darkest Dungeon or Iratus is? There are tons of games that will gleefully punch you in the face repeatedly. This shouldn't be on that list!!! I didn't even mention that developmental has been ruined. Bottom line is the mod is excellent, but I don't see how any accurate mod in a down era will work if you're trying to go from Medium to Big unless you turn Natural Growth completely off which will let every fed go bonkers.

I noticed that none of the debuting workers were being signed up by the AI, Adam said this would be because the free agent talent pool would be too large for the amount of promotions. So in the next update there will be more insignificant/tiny/small promotions added with owners and bare bones rosters allowing unemployed/debuting workers the chance to be signed up.

I ran my first night of TV (moved Main Event to Saturday with WCW Saturday Night). I made one mistake in not cheating and daring to rate Sting getting attacked by a returning Flair (User) and Tully in one angle

How many people Started with WCW and ran the exact same angle on their First night of tv? I know I did.

The stats need a major overhaul I think. All stats have been 'rounded' and some very bizarre stuff going on.

Hogan having aerial and flashiness stats and also with Percy Pringle - you could put these two in a high spots match and it will get a good rating with the stats youve given them.

Everyone has at least 30 for their stats even referees and managers who have never stepped foot in the ring. Big Daddy (UK wrestler) has the same stats as a referee whos never wrestled.

All the wrestlers who seem to be popular with the 'internet community' have very HIGH stats.

The stats need a major overhaul I think. All stats have been 'rounded' and some very bizarre stuff going on.

Hogan having aerial and flashiness stats and also with Percy Pringle - you could put these two in a high spots match and it will get a good rating with the stats youve given them.

Everyone has at least 30 for their stats even referees and managers who have never stepped foot in the ring. Big Daddy (UK wrestler) has the same stats as a referee whos never wrestled.

All the wrestlers who seem to be popular with the 'internet community' have very HIGH stats.

30 in TEW translates to awful, even the worst is the business can attempt some and be awful at it.

In TEW stats convert to this (based on TEW 2016 text descriptions)

30 - Awful

45 - Not Awful

55 - Decent

70 - Good

80 - Great

90 - Excellent

Hulk Hogan and Percy Pringle in a high spot match would be awful, they both have 30 in Ariel and Flashiness. How would having 30 in any stat get you a good match? If they get a good match it will be because of the product and Hogan's popularity, not because of the stats. Stick Hogan vs Percy Pringle in a high spots match in a promotions where they care about in-ring performance and not about popularity and it will tank.

Anyway I'm a fan of the rounded stats, all my mods mods use this system as fair warning.

If you disagree with any of the skills in terms of the text discriptions please do post and I'll check them out.

Regarding the Internet darlings, they are usually Internet darlings for a reason and that's because they are good