[Release] The Over-9000Verse Remastered Project

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52241" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>U can always try and make the promotions on your own and put them in the data.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was kinda always planning on eventually adding promotions (I actually <em>did</em> add one to the "Yet to Open" ones in my version), but I want to wait until I had a heavy chunk of the universe adjusted to what TEW2020 brought to the table.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52241" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The orginal database also has a few workers named after the profiles off member off this forum so maybe continu this tradition with some workers named after new member who have down a lot these years?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll consider this, but I dunno if I'll really follow up on this idea since I'd need to figure out what kind of gimmick each of these GDS users would do and what they'd hypothetically look like in the 9000verse.</p>

Weirdly enough, vtech's been active on the forum still, but he hasn't posted anywhere on here since March of last year, so I dunno if we're gonna get much of an update on this anytime soon.

I'm open to be pleasantly surprised, though.

I'm around just usually more active on Discord.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Taylor2020" data-cite="Taylor2020" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52241" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Noted, thanks for poppin' in for us</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> here's my discord <a href="https://discord.gg/gqHYp45TcF" rel="external nofollow">https://discord.gg/gqHYp45TcF</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeadCeleb" data-cite="DeadCeleb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52241" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking forward to seeing this, I remember the plans Crayon had for 2016s version, and what the team was gonna do. I'm interested to see where you take this!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What were those plans?</p>

What were those plans?

At the time, he had a group together. We used Trello for the ideas. Here is what's on there currently. https://trello.com/b/0AknLOzf/overview

Puerto Rico becomes Spider Island (spiderman multiverse)

Split DC & Marvel Coalition

Dr Who company

Star Wars company

Sword Art Online workers

One Piece workers

The Walking Dead company

Digimon company

Final Fantasy workers

Game of Thrones / Lord of the Rings Hybrid Company (Maybe alliance)

Full Metal Alchemist workers

One Punch Man workers

Avatar the Last Airbender Company

Grand Theft Auto company

Mortal Kombat workers

More Pokemon workers

GI Joe workers

Scooby Doo workers

Gravity Falls workers

Regular Show workers

Transformers workers

Jet Set Radio workers

More Narratives

Fix Gimmicks

More Alter Egos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Not sure if anyone is still working on this remaster, but I had been tinkering with the original crayon mod since 2010 and I have already done the work of adding in a full world of Warcraft promotion as well as splitting up Marvel and DC as companies plus several more minor additions. If people were still adjusting this, I’d love to see the work and link up.

I've actually been working on my revised 9000verse (the one I mentioned at the start of the year) a bit more recently. I feel like I'm ever so closer to posting some sort of beta version for ya'll to give a try.

I’d love to link up with you and discuss what changes you’ve made and see if we can collaborate, if you’re interested.

I’d love to link up with you and discuss what changes you’ve made and see if we can collaborate, if you’re interested.

I'm not really the kind of guy who does online collaborative work, but thanks for the offer anyways.

So far I've mainly just been adding workers and stuff revolving around them (ie: relationships, chemistry, movesets).

Fun fact: Some of the workers I added to the mod, were workers I already had made for a from-scratch mod I was working on a couple years ago, that I decided to import and adjust for the timeline and balance set by the 9000verse.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Iceassassin25 said:

Any chance someone's gonna make a new updated version of this mod?

I've still been working on my version. A lot was added and plenty was changed, but I wanted to complete a few extra companies I've been including and do a bit more testing first before I considered making it available for download.

9 hours ago, Taylor2020 said:

I've still been working on my version. A lot was added and plenty was changed, but I wanted to complete a few extra companies I've been including and do a bit more testing first before I considered making it available for download.

Since you have been adding and changing things, what are some of the franchises you have added or expanded in the mod?

1 hour ago, Iceassassin25 said:

Since you have been adding and changing things, what are some of the franchises you have added or expanded in the mod?

I'd say King of Fighters probably gets the most added representation out of all the franchises that got worker additions in my version of the scenario. The original version already had a bit of SNK representation - Terry, Iori, Rugal, Yamazaki, the Sakazaki family, etc. - but it clearly didn't have a whole lot of it (weirdly enough Kyo Kusanagi wasn't in the latest 'official' version that was released). My version of the data definitely fixes that, I'm pretty sure most of everybody that has been in King of Fighters is in here now. You probably didn't get the tip-off from reading this, but I really love King of Fighters. There's also a couple Samurai Shodown characters in there for good measure.

BlazBlue got a good few characters in there since IIRC the data originally only had Taokaka and that was it.
I've also been working on getting Dynasty/Samurai Warriors characters in there (again, only one was in there originally, Yoshihiro Shimazu of all people).
I also added some Senran Kagura representation - in short, basically everyone from the four major teams in Shinovi/Estival Versus.
Plenty of additions for Persona (another franchise that went criminally under-repped with just Naoto Shirogane to start with). Might make a promotion for that on its own.
There's a few more real-world wrestlers like Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks, etc.
And among the new companies, I've been working on a promotion based on the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku franchise since I've been recently playing those games as well, and much like KoF, there's a lot of characters I can pull from Yakuza to realistically play a part.

The Naruto, Bleach and DBZ representation was slightly spruced up a bit more with some additions that were either not really considered at the time or weren't very prominent until after the later official releases of the data - this was mainly to help balance out the rosters and make it less likely for those feds to start snapping up people left and right. Also a couple more JoJo's Bizarre Adventures characters got added because I know some people probably would love to see more of that.

There's also a planned One Piece promotion that I have set in New Zealand (since Oceania needed representation beyond Pokemon I felt like, and the Oceania area already had a couple workers down there that were pirate characters so...), but that one has been a bit easier to fill out since plenty of the characters featured in the anime were already included.

The last thing I can confidently mention is that there's also two other brand-new promotions that are linked to one another, themed on [adult swim] - one is based off the general programming you'd regularly see, the cartoons and other weird shit you'd probably see on [as] during the 2000s, and the other is based off the anime/AcTN block [as] had, featuring characters from franchises like Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, et cetera. Much like all the KoF-related additions, you can probably tell that I have fondness for [as] based on this.

There's probably more to come for me to add (even though so far I've already added like 200 workers on top of what was already there at the start), but I'm hoping that once I get those four new promotions fully pieced together, I'll put up the data for download, for you guys.

1 hour ago, Taylor2020 said:

I'd say King of Fighters probably gets the most added representation out of all the franchises that got worker additions in my version of the scenario. The original version already had a bit of SNK representation - Terry, Iori, Rugal, Yamazaki, the Sakazaki family, etc. - but it clearly didn't have a whole lot of it (weirdly enough Kyo Kusanagi wasn't in the latest 'official' version that was released). My version of the data definitely fixes that, I'm pretty sure most of everybody that has been in King of Fighters is in here now. You probably didn't get the tip-off from reading this, but I really love King of Fighters. There's also a couple Samurai Shodown characters in there for good measure.

BlazBlue got a good few characters in there since IIRC the data originally only had Taokaka and that was it.
I've also been working on getting Dynasty/Samurai Warriors characters in there (again, only one was in there originally, Yoshihiro Shimazu of all people).
I also added some Senran Kagura representation - in short, basically everyone from the four major teams in Shinovi/Estival Versus.
Plenty of additions for Persona (another franchise that went criminally under-repped with just Naoto Shirogane to start with). Might make a promotion for that on its own.
There's a few more real-world wrestlers like Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks, etc.
And among the new companies, I've been working on a promotion based on the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku franchise since I've been recently playing those games as well, and much like KoF, there's a lot of characters I can pull from Yakuza to realistically play a part.

The Naruto, Bleach and DBZ representation was slightly spruced up a bit more with some additions that were either not really considered at the time or weren't very prominent until after the later official releases of the data - this was mainly to help balance out the rosters and make it less likely for those feds to start snapping up people left and right. Also a couple more JoJo's Bizarre Adventures characters got added because I know some people probably would love to see more of that.

There's also a planned One Piece promotion that I have set in New Zealand (since Oceania needed representation beyond Pokemon I felt like, and the Oceania area already had a couple workers down there that were pirate characters so...), but that one has been a bit easier to fill out since plenty of the characters featured in the anime were already included.

The last thing I can confidently mention is that there's also two other brand-new promotions that are linked to one another, themed on [adult swim] - one is based off the general programming you'd regularly see, the cartoons and other weird shit you'd probably see on [as] during the 2000s, and the other is based off the anime/AcTN block [as] had, featuring characters from franchises like Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, et cetera. Much like all the KoF-related additions, you can probably tell that I have fondness for [as] based on this.

There's probably more to come for me to add (even though so far I've already added like 200 workers on top of what was already there at the start), but I'm hoping that once I get those four new promotions fully pieced together, I'll put up the data for download, for you guys.

Seems like you have been adding alot to the mod and it's nice to see Senran Kagura getting a few characters added, and I am betting that the Dead or Alive promotion is probably going try and bring them in right away unless they have exclusive contracts. With there being more King of Fighters characters added, how skilled are you going to make them when compared to characters from other fighting games?

With DBZ getting more representation, have you added any of the Dragon Ball Super characters, Xenoverse characters or Android 21 from the FighterZ game? also are you open to suggestions when it comes to new workers?

7 hours ago, Iceassassin25 said:

Seems like you have been adding alot to the mod and it's nice to see Senran Kagura getting a few characters added, and I am betting that the Dead or Alive promotion is probably going try and bring them in right away unless they have exclusive contracts. With there being more King of Fighters characters added, how skilled are you going to make them when compared to characters from other fighting games?

With DBZ getting more representation, have you added any of the Dragon Ball Super characters, Xenoverse characters or Android 21 from the FighterZ game? also are you open to suggestions when it comes to new workers?

Speaking of DOA, it did get a tiny bit of a change in-universe to better include more of the roster - IIRC it was originally a Women's-only promotion, but I changed it to Integrated so that characters like Bass, Zack and Jann Lee can get involved. Plus obviously characters like Honoka/Marie/Nyotengu got added.

The skills of the KoF characters are relatively varied. Some of the lesser/younger characters have less skill while the older/more notable are more likely to be skilled, sort of a natural power progression.

I imagine I'll eventually add more of the more modern-era characters in a later version, but I'm mainly focusing on the new promotions at the moment. I am open to suggestion but I'm mainly just working on what I feel like I want to add next.

Edited by Taylor2020

18 hours ago, Taylor2020 said:

Speaking of DOA, it did get a tiny bit of a change in-universe to better include more of the roster - IIRC it was originally a Women's-only promotion, but I changed it to Integrated so that characters like Bass, Zack and Jann Lee can get involved. Plus obviously characters like Honoka/Marie/Nyotengu got added.

The skills of the KoF characters are relatively varied. Some of the lesser/younger characters have less skill while the older/more notable are more likely to be skilled, sort of a natural power progression.

I imagine I'll eventually add more of the more modern-era characters in a later version, but I'm mainly focusing on the new promotions at the moment. I am open to suggestion but I'm mainly just working on what I feel like I want to add next.

Nice to see that DOA is going to end up having a bigger roster, so did you end up changing their product as well? and with Ryu Hayabusa would he end up being on a handshake or written contract with them?

Some of the suggestions I have would be is. Seeing more Touhou characters added, A possible Fairy Tail promotion or workers added, Rumble Roses having some workers added, MK, Tekken, Street Fighter and Guilty Gear having the newer characters added, maybe some Timesplitters characters getting in, One Punch Man having some workers added and some youtubers like Filthy Frank or Jerma985 getting in with a few characters from their videos. That's pretty much it for suggestions for now as I already probably went a bit overboard already.