ECW97: Survival on Swanson and Ritner

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great PPV and i love the main event. Stevie vs Raven smells money.

Thank you! I am trying to build that story a bit more as I like both guys involved in the angle. On a side note: I like New Jack too, but he was too toxic to keep around in-game so I made a storyline out of it for here. We'll see how it goes. Thank you for your support and feedback!

<p>Great PPV!</p><p> </p><p>

Tommy Dreamer with ECW gold always seems weird to me, but I think you can make good of it</p><p> </p><p>

Glad to have Taz as the man as early as 1997. He was ready, and he should be a good figurehead of ECW, as you seem to slowly transition away from the pure hardcore and smoothly into what ECW would have been in 2001 had it survived</p>

Just catching up, Barely Legal was a great show! As a huge Taz mark I'm glad he's getting a World Title run. Tommy Dreamer as TV Champ still feels strange to me but I imagine you have a plan so I'm interested in seeing where that story goes.

I share your opinion on Taz but haven't appreciated his time in ECW until recently. I recently started watching ECW all over again on WWE Network and see a much different guy than when I was younger. I appreciate him much more now. And I know Dreamer's time with the title will feel weird, and honestly that was something I really worried about with readers. But in order to get what I needed done, I thought he was the right role for it.

Great PPV!

Tommy Dreamer with ECW gold always seems weird to me, but I think you can make good of it

Glad to have Taz as the man as early as 1997. He was ready, and he should be a good figurehead of ECW, as you seem to slowly transition away from the pure hardcore and smoothly into what ECW would have been in 2001 had it survived

Dreamer never wanted to be Champion in his career but I at least wanted to give him some level of respect here. Also, trying to build up the title a little.

Really good show to set things up!

Taz vs. Lee should be a total slobberknocker, great to see a build up to the eventual Douglas/Taz, these two were great as foils

Texasrangers13: Maaaan Total Elimination is one of the best tag team finishers in the game! :D

I am not sure why I have run across this until now, I usually check every ECW diary out the moment they pop up. Anyway, I am glad to have checked this out because I love what you're doing here. The set-up/graphic works is amazing and the writing is very good. Keep up the great work!

Really love the around the world updates; brings a fun amount of life to the game world. Men on a Mission/Harlem Knights would have been an interesting ECW act had WWF not snatched them up.

Love New Jack shooting on ECW; and the direction of Paul Heyman doing whatever it takes (no blood, etc) to stay on TV.

Thank you! I actually really like making them and wish there were more news. At times I find making something out of nothing, but it has also made me be more creative so it's probably better. I'm trying to make the story during the shows be equal to those that go on in the business. Thank you for your comments man, always, always appreciated.

ECW Heavyweight Championship Match

<c> Taz vs. Brian Lee (w./ Shane Douglas)

Tag-Team Grudge Match

The Sandman and Stevie Richards vs. Raven and ???

ECW Television Championship Match

<c> Tommy Dreamer vs. Steve "Dr Death" Williams

ECW Tag Team #1 Contenders Match

The Chair Swingin' Freaks vs. The Dudleys vs. The Pitbulls vs. The FBI

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

Taz vs. Brian Lee (w./ Shane Douglas)

Tag-Team Grudge Match

Tommy Dreamer vs. Steve "Dr Death" Williams (Honestly, the only way I see Steve Williams lose this match is by outside interference. There's no way for Dreamer to win this match cleanly.)

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

> Taz is the obvious choice

Tag-Team Grudge Match

> Never bet against ??? !

Tommy Dreamer vs. Steve "Dr Death" Williams

> Dreamer can't lose so soon but it'll be a tough test

> Dudleyz seem the obvious choice here for me

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

> To set up a final 3rd match before they go team en wreck the competition

Just caught up with this diary, good job! I won't be original - the presentation and writing are unique and feel authentic. Curious to see if there will be a real transition to some new product type... I am sure people wouldn't be moaning about 'no blood' if there would be no news about it :)

Also figured Funk's needs and Dreamer's wants could create a "two birds with one stone" situation. Maybe book them for night two?

Tag-Team Grudge Match

I hope Raven's old drinking buddy is Shane McMahon :p

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

Tag-Team Grudge Match

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

Taz vs. Brian Lee (w./ Shane Douglas) -- Brian Lee is a good challenger, but Taz isn't dropping it here.

Tag-Team Grudge Match

The Sandman and Stevie Richards vs. Raven and ??? -- I'm really intrigued by this, Raven has a friend... or is it a follower?! Think this is a Raven win and build to a one on one with Stevie. Maybe Corino or someone?

Tommy Dreamer vs. Steve "Dr Death" Williams -- Dreamer is the new "face" of the TV division!

The Chair Swingin' Freaks vs. The Dudleys vs. The Pitbulls vs. The FBI --- The Dudleys feel like the next big thing in the tag division and this sets up the inevitable feud for the titles. Should be a fun match though, and could see it going another way to draw out the story.

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam --- Some of me has think Sabu wins with Fonzie being involved, but think RVD benefits from the win here.

Tag-Team Grudge Match

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

Tag-Team Grudge Match

It is tough to pick against Dr. Death but he is older so it makes sense for Tommy to get the win here.

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam