ECW97: Survival on Swanson and Ritner

ECW Heavyweight Championship Match

Taz vs. Brian Lee (w./ Shane Douglas)

Tag-Team Grudge Match

The Sandman and Stevie Richards vs. Raven and ???

ECW Television Championship Match

Tommy Dreamer vs. Steve "Dr Death" Williams

ECW Tag Team #1 Contenders Match

The Chair Swingin' Freaks vs. The Dudleys vs. The Pitbulls vs. The FBI

Grudge Re-Match

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught up with this diary, good job! I won't be original - the presentation and writing are unique and feel authentic. Curious to see if there will be a real transition to some new product type... I am sure people wouldn't be moaning about 'no blood' if there would be no news about it :)]

Thank you for the comments and glad to have you along. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you guys so much for the continued support, and the predictions, etc. I really appreciate all of this as it makes it so much more fun to do with feedback.

I did not realize Sharkboy went that far back. I always thought he started in the early 2000's (Which is only three years later than when this diary is but still though three years to me seem like a massive shift in time.).

Since the journal is in the top three of most recent posts, I'll just respond to this now as I have learned somethings this evening:

:

Sharkboy started in 1995 being trained by Les Thatcher in HWA.This took two years of training and then he debuted May 3, 1997. So technically he would have just started here. We're going to pretend he didn't, haha. He portrayed Dean Baldwin, the fifth and lesser-known Baldwin Brother. He developed the Shark Boy persona while at Independent Wrestling Alliance and actually trademarked the name for wrestling use in 1999.

(I got bored, you led me down a rabbit hole of Sharkboy, so thank you for that. I didn't know any of the above until just now)

<p>Noooo Dr. Death what did you do?? :'(</p><p> </p><p>

He's a great addition to 3Threat, and could form a hoss tag team with Brian Lee</p><p>

Overall a great show, loved the Dreamer match, and the Raven segment was a true highlight for me. I wonder who jis partner is gonna be, a huge name could be Scott Hall or Kevin Nash with their WCW connection, but maybe there are some others name that I can't think of</p><p> </p><p>

And, as always, your presentation is on top of the game</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigJ" data-cite="BigJ" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52246" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Noooo Dr. Death what did you do?? :'(<p> </p><p> He's a great addition to 3Threat, and could form a hoss tag team with Brian Lee</p><p> Overall a great show, loved the Dreamer match, and the Raven segment was a true highlight for me. I wonder who jis partner is gonna be, a huge name could be Scott Hall or Kevin Nash with their WCW connection, but maybe there are some others name that I can't think of</p><p> </p><p> And, as always, your presentation is on top of the game</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was always a fan of the Triple Threat and namely Shane Douglas as a kid. I thought the Bam Bam Bigelow inclusion in the group was perfect in real life, but in this game BBB is signed to WWF. Dr Death reminds me of that rough-type name who could add something to the group. Glad you liked it, and as always thank you for reading and commenting and your kind words.</p>

'Trust Me' line from Raven's promo on the first night suggested Jake, but you never can be 100% sure. Hopefully he will not replicate Sandman's behavior and miss important shows due to his vices. Liked the show, but I thought Dudleyz won the first night to challenge for the titles next day?

<p>Should have seen the Snake coming, but it was a really nice surprise and a huge moment!</p><p>

Really liked how the 2 nights were articulated together</p><p>

Sabu/RVD is quickly becoming a highlight of your shows, the matches are awesome</p><p>

Keep up the good work !</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Texasrangers13" data-cite="Texasrangers13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52246" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WOW! Jake the Snake! Great reveal, great set of shows too! Loved it top to bottom; really never would have guessed Jake. Loved the RVD/Sabu match too. Dr. Death in Triple Threat is a surprise, but I love it! Great set of shows and moving towards a great new direction for the company!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>Thank you! I think Dr Death could make a good brash, brawling type that would be a good fit for that group. Thanks on the Jake the Snake reveal. I wasn't sure how I would simulate the lights going out.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blodyxe" data-cite="Blodyxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52246" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>'Trust Me' line from Raven's promo on the first night suggested Jake, but you never can be 100% sure. Hopefully he will not replicate Sandman's behavior and miss important shows due to his vices. Liked the show, but I thought Dudleyz won the first night to challenge for the titles next day?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>You're 1000% correct. I actually realized I forgot the match as soon as I posted this card up. I apologize for that. It will be saved for the next PPV since I forgot, and I will build it a little more I guess. Apologies. Also, great job looking at the Trust me red lettering. Wasn't sure if it'd be a clear giveaway or not, or if it wouldn't be much of a clue at all. Thank you for your comments and great job analyzing.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigJ" data-cite="BigJ" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52246" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Should have seen the Snake coming, but it was a really nice surprise and a huge moment!<p> Really liked how the 2 nights were articulated together</p><p> Sabu/RVD is quickly becoming a highlight of your shows, the matches are awesome</p><p> Keep up the good work !</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> <em>Thank you for the comments. Jake is a 75 popularity or something like that and the 8th most popular person in the game in the states. He should help boost some cards.</em></p>

I gotta say, that "Trust Me" line from Raven subtetly hinting Jake Roberts was a brilliant touch. I should have foreseen it.

Excellent show dude, like always, you did an exceptional job on this.

Thank you for your compliments. I appreciate it. I made the Trust me in red for a hint, but I wasn't really sure if it was that good of one. Jake should help bring some higher scores to my cards.

The Snake in ECW!!! That's a great addition. Fantastic couple of shows.

Thank you, I knew I would be gone for a minute because of holidays so I wanted to get two out, and I liked the theme of the weekend too - thought it made it different. Thanks for the comments as always.

Catching up here as I've been swamped over the past couple weeks but great couple shows in Buffalo! I think you used Jake perfectly here.

Thank you. I appreciate you catching up as well. I wasn't sure how to use him in the Main Event because to be honest he's probably not in shape to go 20 minutes right now, and it gave it more of a surprise as well..

WCW went quickly at shooting themselves in the foot in this timeline, lol.

Hogan leaving the NWO was a rumor that came up. Hasn't happened yet but if they pull the trigger on that, you are 1000% correct haha.

ADDED INFO: The next show was just to get me started back up in the swing of things after long Holiday parties etc. May be a bit shorter, but we'll continue rolling on from there.