ECW97: Survival on Swanson and Ritner

Sucks to see Saturn shooting himself in the foot. I'd hate to see the Eliminators gone. Maybe some time off?

The locker room is a straight-up mess man, in the teens.

No Perry, NOOOOOOOOO

I don't want the Eliminators to be over!... although that MIGHT open the door for a dudley title run, which i'm all about

Saturn for sure put them in jeopardy when he showed up high. Dumb move to do this to a locker room already suffering.

Wow, that locker room rating is brutal. Didn't think it was that bad. Won't fix that with waffles

HAHA, I don't think it started out that high in the first place, but man oh man has this been a rough one.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECW Heavyweight Championship

© Taz vs. "Dr Death" Steve Williams

ECW Television Championship

© Brian Lee vs. Axl Rotten vs. Stevie Richards

ECW Tag-Team Championship

© The Eliminators vs. The FBI

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu

Tommy Dreamer vs. The Sandman

RVD vs. Juvi vs. Jeff Hardy

Taz > can't lose the title THIS soon

Brian Lee > don't see the other two as championship material... yet for Stevie

The FBI.. ? > Maybe you're just trying to make us guess wrong with the Saturn's problems... but i love the FBI, they always made me laugh, and a short transitional run might be in the cards

Raven > Tough choice here, and the ine where I hesitated the most

Dreamer > Sandman doesn't have much going for him compared to Dreamer

RVD > Although I ALMOST picked the Juice

© Taz vs. "Dr Death" Steve Williams - SO BADLY want to vote the upset

© Brian Lee vs. Axl Rotten vs. Stevie Richards - He's having a great reign

© The Eliminators vs. The FBI - Saturn can't be trusted!

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu - Raven is the GOAT

Tommy Dreamer vs. The Sandman - Dreamer vs. Taz?

RVD vs. Juvi vs. Jeff Hardy - RVD - This is a "get this mfer a W until we creative has something" match

Normally I would go with the Eliminators but with Perry's problem, I think the safer bet is going with the FBI. But after reading some of the backstage stories of the RL ECW, I am not sure Paul would have the Eliminators drop the titles here.

Raven v. Sabu

I wanted to pick Juvi but realistically I know he stands no chance.

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu

© The Eliminators vs. The FBI --- I'm really tempted to pick The FBI due to Saturn's issues.

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu

--This card is packed with great matches! Really fun!

Could go either way. Hunch is that Steve Williams can't be relied on to stick with ECW -- which means Taz will retain.

This will probably be the "surprise" with Lee dropping the title to Richards. My hunch is that Axl is there to take the pin.

Feel this is a little too "worked shoot" for The Eliminators to lose here.

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu

I think we're headed towards a Raven-Stevie Feud at some point down the line, going with Raven.

Dreamer has more upside and a better workrate than The Sandman.

RVD probably is too over to lose here. Though Juvi could put one over on him.

Some notes: Bummer about Saturn. I'm hoping we get "freebird rules" in the short term to cover for him -- I'm not sure who the "third man" would be though. If Saturn can't get sober enough to drop the belts, you can always use the "third man" taking the pin as an excuse for a rematch when Perry's well enough.

Assuming AJPW haven't tied him up, Doug Furnas would be ideal. Big, strong, stiff workrate guy with an athletic background and puroresu chops -- perfect substitute for Saturn. If you're looking for an in-house replacement, Corino would also be a good fit -- may be worth building him up a bit before adding him to the team, though. .

Might also be a good spot to work in a Japanese talent. Anything would be better than what ECW went with in real life, though -- New Jack and Kronus.

Amazing Red should be debuting relatively soon depending on the data set. Given that Whipwreck trained him, would love to see the high-flier get a tryout with the company.

Speaking of Whipwreck, I haven't seen him much on ECW programming. Did I miss something? I actually loved his later heel work and tag work with Tajiri and Sinister Minister -- could be a better fit for him than being a "white meat babyface".

Really enjoying the build so far. Things seem to be moving slowly, but every match has some implications. Love where you're going with Tommy Dreamer and hope that he has some success in the future.

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu

Taz vs. "Dr Death" Steve Williams

Should be close in the ring, but the smarkiness suggests that ECW champ will beat Triple Crown champ on his own soil.

Brian Lee vs. Axl Rotten vs. Stevie Richards

Don't see any harm in giving Stevie a run right now, Lee could be protected

The Eliminators vs. The FBI

Would go for a title change if the opponents were different

Raven v. Sabu

Raven has Jake in his corner? Those two vs RVD and Sabu could be interesting.

I understand that Sandman is happy to just get his wife back, but he needs a win more than Tommy, who's kind of on the downside since Funker screwed him. Besides, Sandman's rep for being a backstage badass gives him more cred

Looks like a 'Steal the whole f'n show' kind of match

Love this card, and you keeping the core roster strong.

Taz

Stevie Richards. To me, this man is one of the most massively underrated talents of all-time.

The FBI. Love the Eliminators, but going with my guys in the FBI because everybody is hating on them and they need that respect right now. Guido, especially, is one of the most technically sound wrestlers in the history of the company.

Raven. Both are what I love about ECW. Raven is the best promo guy ever, to me. Sabu encompasses what that crowd loves.

Dreamer by a hair.

RVD. Hardy would fit in okay here, but definitely the last person I want winning haha. Juvi keeps clean, and he is a prodigy

Might also be a good spot to work in a Japanese talent. Anything would be better than what ECW went with in real life, though -- New Jack and Kronus.

I second this. Partner with a company in the East and bring in some killer talent! Hayabusa is the Ace of FMW!

I second this. Partner with a company in the East and bring in some killer talent! Hayabusa is the Ace of FMW!

But does Hayabusa have the mustache to replace Perry Saturn? :D

340?cb=20190504005840

But seriously, would love to see Hayabusa or Awesome in ECW -- along with many other talents from Japan.

Would love to see some Luchadors too -- if Paul E. has enough money.

first, I've been away from this forum for quite some time. Came back to check out the new 2020 and fell in love with your ECW diary. You've captured the spirit of the extreme

Everyone is going with Taz which makes sense - he is the hometown boy and Paul E did bring in Dr Death (and Gordy) to put over his talent in real life. But I'll go against the grain because I see more upside (and longer term storyline arc). Doc could do for you what Funk did for Paul - bring some mainstream acceptance. Besides, it sounds like Taz needs to be taken down a peg or two as his ego is out of control (which happens when guys never lose). This could help that process

Imagine the match ending - Tazmission but Shane jumps in with a chair - Taz stops him and locks the Tazmission on him. Lights go out - when they come back on Raven is sitting in the corner. He and Taz face off when Jake the Snake clobbers Taz, and DDT's him onto the chair. They roll Doc on top and new champ. this gives up to 6 months to play with

1) Taz vs Snake next PPV, when Doc defending against say Terry Funk in a match that either reconciles Funk and Dreamer or furthers their divide. Could tease Doc vs Dreamer or hype up their actual match.

2) Taz vs Dr Death II. This time Taz brings his own reinforcements (Sabu and RVD to begin their own feud against Triple Threat). Taz regains the title

3) November to Remember: Taz vs Dr Death III - inside a cage

I want to go with Richards and can see him coming out on top. But Prime Time is getting it done for you right now. Stevie can still get over without a title. Maybe Stevie and Axl go at afterward.

yes makes sense to get the belts off the drug abuser. FBI could give you some comedy defenses (like against BWO) in transition to a new champ. Or, you have the team you really want to be the next champions get involved in this match to set them up for the next PPV>

Do you have the Hardy Boyz on loan long enough to give them a shot?

Other Matches:

Raven v. Sabu

I could see these two being an interesting tag team. Maybe there's a hungry team out there who tries to make a name for themselves by attacking both of them. Otherwise, I'd see Sandman winning to set up a rematch between them. My gut tells me something will happen during the match that leads to a bigger storyline for one (or both).

Van Dam has the bigger upside. Should be an awesome match to energize the fans - and I always look at matches like this to transition to new feuds (maybe Juvi vs Hardy)

Looks like a great card and looking forward to the results. I love picking against the grain and giving alternate plans.

As for the lockerroom - wow, 19 is pretty bad. My guess is the core of the original ECW roster provides most of that toxicity and getting rid of that cancer means the product is no longer ECW. Reading your thoughts on trying to be more mainstream to attract bigger sponsors tells me you might have a long range plan to trim some of the poison. Meanwhile, is it possible to hire a few locker room leaders (or borrow from WWF for 3-6 months)? Maybe even bring in some rookie "positive influences" to improve things. They don't have to be major players or big stars as long as they help clean up the smell in the back.

again good job, can't wait to see what happens next

Fantastic show!

Love love what you did there, although I feel like this backstages' gonna blow up in your face at one point

Like the way you're putting Brian Lee over as "different" and that ties in nicely with the end of the show

FINALLY my boyz the Dudleyz are after the Eliminators. This should be fantastic, and I wonder if the Eliminators are gonna need a 3rd man to equalize Big Dick Dudley... Maybe RVD? Or someone from outside as others commented? I wonder

This show felt transitional as it sets plenty of things in motions, and the ending... Damit!

I like the way 3P imploded, and I wonder how that's gonna affect Douglas. Is he gonna go psycho on a total mental breakdown? If he gonna look after a new-new Triple Threat? A match with Steve Williams seems inevitable tho. Really liked how Brian Lee just walked out, it's logical

Now, wonder who's gonna chase Taz. Feel like you don't wanna rush a Raven rematch, although now that Jake's here there's money. Feel the same for a Sabu rematch, so I really don't know, plenty of possibilites there!

Fantastic show!

Love love what you did there, although I feel like this backstages' gonna blow up in your face at one point

Like the way you're putting Brian Lee over as "different" and that ties in nicely with the end of the show

FINALLY my boyz the Dudleyz are after the Eliminators. This should be fantastic, and I wonder if the Eliminators are gonna need a 3rd man to equalize Big Dick Dudley... Maybe RVD? Or someone from outside as others commented? I wonder

This show felt transitional as it sets plenty of things in motions, and the ending... Damit!

I like the way 3P imploded, and I wonder how that's gonna affect Douglas. Is he gonna go psycho on a total mental breakdown? If he gonna look after a new-new Triple Threat? A match with Steve Williams seems inevitable tho. Really liked how Brian Lee just walked out, it's logical

Now, wonder who's gonna chase Taz. Feel like you don't wanna rush a Raven rematch, although now that Jake's here there's money. Feel the same for a Sabu rematch, so I really don't know, plenty of possibilites there!

I truly think you may be right about the backstage, haha. I also love the triple threat, but for me sometimes I do things on purpose just for the sake of being different. i think bam bam, douglas, and candido were my guys in ecw for sure. :) thanks for the comments, super appreciated