SWF: Steering The Ship

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great responses so far, keep them coming :D

DinoKea, I'm really sorry... I won't be pushing Charger Siaki :D Lol!

Historian, I'm assuming you mean Jungle Jack when you say Jack G? Unless I missed something?

Spade and ZWB seem to be a couple of favourites, which is good to know. You all said different guys for 'Run' too which is cool.

08CUZdJ.jpg

...when are the big shows, when is the TV show on...

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #0050B3; margin:10px;background: #F1F1F1; max-width:100%;box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";">

Below are the Days and Dates of the TV and Events Schedule:

Supreme TV:
Tuesday Nights

onjsER4.jpg

PPV Schedule:
Thursday Nights, Always Week 2

montHrc.jpgA8OuZ1o.jpgXKJxiIy.jpggC5mhK2.jpg

January: When Hell Freezes Over | February: Nothing To Lose | March: Awesome Impact | April: The World Is Watching

9veFZkU.jpgTFoaY04.jpg2cAbk4N.jpgFJGZcFG.jpg

May: Master Of Puppets | June: Times Of Trouble | July: The Supreme Challenge 40 | August: Welcome To The Jungle

HgOiAAB.jpgsiG9lEk.jpgvxPgUtJ.jpg0JTvrJD.jpg

September: Under Control | October: Let The Games Begin | November: Break Like The Wind | December: Christmas Clash

</div>

Some great responses so far, keep them coming :D

DinoKea, I'm really sorry... I won't be pushing Charger Siaki :D Lol!

Historian, I'm assuming you mean Jungle Jack when you say Jack G? Unless I missed something?

Spade and ZWB seem to be a couple of favourites, which is good to know. You all said different guys for 'Run' too which is cool.

I meant rogue. Not jungle jack.

Well... here we go...

Just to give you an idea of where I'm at with this project. I've fully written and formatted the first four shows, and could post them now if I wanted to. This includes the When Hell Freezes Over Pay-Per-View (which is in two weeks). So I've got plenty in the bank, and am writing almost every day right now.

Anyway. Feedback and input is always welcome. I'll be running a monthly Prediction Contest, with prizes for the winners. Enjoy :)

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #0050B3; margin:10px;background: #F1F1F1; max-width:100%;box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";">

Quick Picks for Supreme TV, January 2020, Week 1

Ekuma w/ High Flyin' Hawaiian [vs] 'The Eighth Deadly Sin' John Greed

Lenny Brown & Bear Bekowski [vs] Des Davids & Primus Allen

The Dallas Cowboys (Marshall & Ranger) [vs] The Pain Alliance (Scott & Laramee)

'The Dragon' Mikey Lau [vs] 'Big Cat' Brandon James w/ Krissy Angelle

Angry Gilmore & Joey Morgan [vs] Fame & Money (Paul Huntingdon & Monty Trescarde)

SWF World Heavyweight Title Match:

'The Living Legend' Rocky Golden © [vs] The Crippler

</div>

Angry Gilmore & Joey Morgan [vs] Fame & Money (Paul Huntingdon & Monty Trescarde)

I think Fame & Money get involved here in some way.

Lenny pins Des to set up NA Title match.

I will always and forever be a Scott guy.

Based on the Storyline write up, I see Unleashed Awesomeness involved.

Coin toss.

I think draw.

Ekuma w/ High Flyin' Hawaiian [vs] 'The Eighth Deadly Sin' John Greed - Ekuma is in a storyline, unless your building greed up then I will go with Ekuma

Lenny Brown & Bear Bekowski [vs] Des Davids & Primus Allen could go either way really but as bear is a heel I assume he shouldn't get on with brown

The Dallas Cowboys (Marshall & Ranger) [vs] The Pain Alliance (Scott & Laramee) need to build up a face team, they have youth on their side and pain alliance can get heat back in angles easily

'The Dragon' Mikey Lau [vs] 'Big Cat' Brandon James w/ Krissy Angelle - simply because Lau should win on PPV

Angry Gilmore & Joey Morgan [vs] Fame & Money (Paul Huntingdon & Monty Trescarde) a tag team should very rarely lose to two singles wrestlers.

The Ace shouldn't lose on free tv

No clue! Let's go!

Only just caught this, looking good

Lenny Brown & Bear Bekowski [vs] Des Davids & Primus Allen could go either way really but as bear is a heel I assume he shouldn't get on with brown

Angry Gilmore & Joey Morgan [vs] Fame & Money (Paul Huntingdon & Monty Trescarde) a tag team should very rarely lose to two singles wrestlers.

Thanks for all the predictions so far. Just wanted to jump on here and respond to a couple of your comments, for everyone else's benefit really:

I turned Bear babyface to even up that end of the roster a little. Along with Brandon James and The Crippler ;)

Gilmore and Morgan will be teaming up going forward. Both super talented in-ring performers, and two guys I reckon I'd like if I was watching SWF. However, both just a few rungs below being Title contenders, and a few rungs higher than being jobbers. They'll start with a nice little feud on the same side, and help Steven Parker along a little. Tag run as a duo with Parker as a 'stablemate'. Then eventually split up, and at this point, I could see the split working wonders for both of them.

Just the other day I was wondering where that git had gone to and here you are with a new diary hope it lasts longer than the last one :D

-Never managed to buy into Ekuma

-A face win is by far the most logical outcome, but I don't want the heels to lose. Perhaps they'll get DQ'd

-Tgis prediction is through gritted teeth

-This would be a big win, but I'd like to see it

-Guess they'll meet again on PPV...

-Well, at least I'm confident on this one...

I will always and forever be a Scott guy.

Based on the Storyline write up, I see Unleashed Awesomeness involved.

Ah a Smacker fan, good to know :) I'm going to keep The Pain Alliance strong here, they're over, they have great experience as a duo and tag bonuses for chemistry etc too. All of these things are important. I need to find a gimmick/character for them because at the moment they're just badasses, but as soon as I find their niche, and as long as they behave, they have a solid future here.

And you're right about the storyline write up... Stay tuned ;)

The Ace shouldn't lose on free tv

Agree with this! Rocky is my figurehead, my Champion, my ratings king. (Merch King too. His numbers are INSANE). So when he does lose on TV, because he will, it'll mean a heck of a lot!

No clue! Let's go!

Ah you didn't do too badly for someone who doesn't know the cverse all that much... (*checks spreadsheet) oh no wait... 2/6... Not, terrible...? :D Glad to have you on board my friend.

Only just caught this, looking good

Thank you man. Appreciate that :) It's been fun to write so far.

Just the other day I was wondering where that git had gone to and here you are with a new diary hope it lasts longer than the last one :D

:) I'm back babayyyyy!! I know you loved the last one, but that was only ever supposed to be a 'lockdown diary' that I wrote while I was off work for 3 months. My 2 player WWF/WCW diary is still going strong, but its hard with two people as we have different work/life schedules so the pace is slow.

-Never managed to buy into Ekuma

Interesting. He is my 7th most over babyface right now, since someone above him gets injured shortly (stay tuned for that absolute gem of a curve ball). But I don't need the 'big guy' in a babyface tag team to be so over, so you may see him lose a few weeks in a row and give some of his pop to others to bring him more in line with his partner ;)

Overall, just thank you all so much really. 12 predictions in a couple of days is great. You're never sure when you post and tease a new project, and I appreciate you all for stopping by and commenting/predicting.

Big well done to eayragt who scored 6/6...

And now... the show :)

Sn1kyxA.jpg

January 2020, Week 1…

On Commentary:

1HxlcrZ.jpg20JCxX2.jpg7hjGB3b.jpg

Duane Fry, Ana Garcia and Franklin Fumier

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #0050B3; margin:10px;background: #cccccc; max-width:100%;box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";">

Opening Hype Video

We kicked off 2020 with a video package, hyping tonight's Main Event...

UDkDrRp.jpglLnddLc.jpg

We're going to see Rocky Golden defend his SWF World Heavyweight Title against The Crippler... The voiceover told us that this could be Crippler's final chance to become an SWF World Heavyweight Champion; a Title that has eluded him in his 17+ year run... Golden's been with the company for less than two years, and he's already held the Title for nine months... The story of the match is set, but there's a dark undertone to the video package and the 'Dark Reaper' Scythe is seen lurking in the background of a number of scenes...

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #0050B3; margin:10px;background: #fafbff; max-width:100%;box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";">

aOXEfZ0.jpg
w/
puYRe0d.jpgXMK0bKq.jpgTJcYKto.jpg

John Greed is by no means a small man, but he was up against a beast in Ekuma tonight. Luckily for Greed, he had some help late on as the tag team Fame and Money arrived to distract the Hawaiian Strong Man and his friend at ringside, leading to the 'Crash Diet' German Suplex!

Winner:
'The Eighth Deadly Sin' John Greed

Finish:
'Crash Diet' (German Suplex)

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #0050B3; margin:10px;background: #cccccc; max-width:100%;box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";">

Lassana Mood

We cut backstage next, to find Makutsi walking down a corridor looking menacing... 'The Disco Stud' Robbie Retro soon rocked up...

z2eHvOP.jpgVVd41tF.jpg

Robbie Retro:
“Hey FOOL!! Cheer up, man!! Don't be such a Debbie Downer...!! You just need to let loose, and DANCE!!”

Makutsi proceeded to push past Retro, clearly not entertained by his antics...

Robbie Retro:
“Woaaa... Far out, man... You are Phony, to the MAX...!!”

Makutsi stopped in his tracks, turned to Retro, and used his thumb to cut across his throat... signalling that he was going to KILL Retro... 'The Disco Stud' backed up and got out of there while he could...

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

Ten Year Feud

It was ten years ago, almost to the day, that Valiant and Rogue captured the SWF World Tag Team Championships as a duo... They held the Gold for almost 9 months, before Rogue turned on his friend, and to this day the hatred from both men is still there...

GvYTCgs.jpgNS2FSCE.jpg

Valiant:
“What the hell do you want...?! No... you know... Whatever it is... I don't care...”

Valiant got pretty defensive when Rogue walked into the Men's Locker Room and told him he had something he thought Valiant needed to hear...

Rogue:
“Look, man... You didn't hear it from me, okay...?? But I heard Remo spouting off about how he was the best ever
former
SWF World Heavyweight Champion... But like... Didn't he beat you for his third reign...?? And so did I of course, which at least puts me level with him... But what about you?!? You're a two-time Champ in your own right... I mean, where does he get off sayin' stuff like that... does he think no one will go in there and stand up to him for his pathetic opinion...?!”

Rogue was getting Valiant all riled up, and convinced the 'Ladies Man' to go and confront Remo... and that he'd be right there with him to make sure nothing went down... At When Hell Freezes Over, SWF's first PPV of 2020, Valiant, Remo and Rogue will ALL challenge Rocky Golden for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship in what should be an epic Fatal Four Way... That's if Rocky can retain the Gold tonight against The Crippler!!

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #0050B3; margin:10px;background: #fafbff; max-width:100%;box-shadow: 0 3px 12px ";">

cAph1Dy.jpgYJKaHLr.jpgXMK0bKq.jpgeYWi5WW.jpgQlRSKl8.jpg

A fun tag team match featuring four young talents who each, with a couple of big wins, could become break out stars of 2020. Davids and Allen gelled really well in the end, and big Primus was able to keep Brown busy so that Davids could put Bear away with his impactful 'Touch Down' finisher.

Winners:
Des Davids & Primus Allen

Finish:
'Touch Down' (Michinoku Driver)

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

Sharp Shooters Take Over

In the men's Locker Room, Angry Gilmore, Joey Morgan and Steven Parker were sat together, talking about the big change they're going to make to their careers...

YzO6EFw.jpgPq88zCN.jpgDeIFp3i.jpg

Angry Gilmore:
“So from now on... We watch each others' backs... There's too many groups springing up, to where you get into it with a guy, and he has two... three... four guys backing him up... We all need to know we can count on each other... Not to cheat... Not to outnumber someone... but to watch out for each other... Three shooters... All together... we can take OVER this place...”

Morgan and Parker both agreed... and Parker said he'd be watching Gilmore and Morgan in tag team action a little later tonight... They're up against Fame and Money (Paul Huntingdon and Monty Trescarde) of the Rat Pack... The stable that also includes Hollywood Bret Starr and Justin Sensitive...

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

The Con Guy

Elsewhere in the back, Masked Patriot was talking with Sammy Smoke... Smoke was up to his usual tricks, trying to con the fan favourite...

fYeJBZV.jpgmg8ctnW.jpg

Sammy Smoke:
“So... Listen, Masked Guy...”

Masked Patriot:
“My name... Is Masked Patriot...!!”

Sammy Smoke:
“Whatever... Listen, guy... Since you're so 'Patriotic'... How about, you give me your salary this month... and wait, wait... hear me out... I will DOUBLE it for you...!! And that... Is a Sammy Smoke Guarantee...”

VkUgU3X.jpg

Patriot didn't like what he was hearing, but didn't seem like he could get away from the forceful Smoke... Until his tag team partner Matty Faith walked up... The imposing son of an SWF legend made Smoke back off a little, but the Con Man still yelled out that that “Wasn't very Patriotic of you!!”...

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

8LfUfH4.jpgNDjAefv.jpgXMK0bKq.jpgAAw7xYl.jpgr2VwRNg.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys' entrance is a sight to behold as they ride to the ring on horseback! The crowd love their entrance, and their gimmicks, but they were up against some veteran tag team performers here. Smacker and Laramee put them away in the end when Big Smack Scott hit the 'Ego Trip' on Marshall Dillon!

Winners:
The Pain Alliance (Scott & Laramee)

Finish:
'Ego Trip' (STO)

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

Messing With The Wrong Cat

Backstage, Krissy Angelle (manager of Big Money Brandon James, was essentially being picked on by the group known as Unleashed Awesomeness (Randy Unleashed, Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and BJ O'Neil)...

N0RXa3N.jpgXlRhIOy.jpgktaG66p.jpgnjHwFkU.jpgd7B7x7A.jpg

BJ O'Neill:
“Krissy 'Angelle'... Hardly an 'Angel' is she boys... She's dated what, TWO out of the three of you now...?! And now she's leeching off of Big Money Brand James... That makes her not much of a woman!!”

The group laughed, until Jefferson Stardust did something he would later regret... As the only male member of Randy Unleashed to NOT have dated Angelle in the past, he decided to try to 'put the moves' on her!! She slapped him across the face, which prompted Randy to get up in her face aggressively... a move that HE would soon regret too...

ItWNcSV.jpg

'Big Money' Brandon James burst into the scene, and slammed into The Awesomeness, sending them flying!! Randy confronted him too, but he took a stiff right hook from the burly 340lb veteran... Referees, backstage officials, and a few wrestlers came into the room to make sure nothing else went down, but Randy was down holding his cheek, with tears forming in his eyes...

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

Mainstream Supreme

Two of SWF's future Main Eventers were backstage next... 'Mainstream' Jimmy Hernandez and 'The Supreme Star' Spencer Spade... along with Spade's manager Dulce Moreno...

YDXZHrc.jpgjfFkcEw.jpgUlDATDH.jpg

Mainstream Hernandez:
“Can you believe it...?? Two of SWF's hottest stars... In the same room... But next week, it gets better... Because we're on the SAME TEAM!! You and me brother... tag team match, against that idiot ZWB, and the guy you've been gunnin' for... Jungle Lord!!”

Spencer Spade:
“Gunnin' for...?? Ahh I'm not gunning for him... I'm going to end his career... Sure... but HE's the one gunning for me... Trying to stop the inevitable... Which is that 'The Supreme Star' is rising... and it won't be long before I... am SWF World Heavyweight Champion!! And no 'Lord of the Jungle' is gonna stop me!!”

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

5192j2z.jpgXMK0bKq.jpgItWNcSV.jpg
w/
N0RXa3N.jpg

Two of SWF's top names doing battle in this one, and the culmination of a rivalry that's lasted a few months now. Lau and James could both take that next step towards an SWF World Heavyweight Title shot with a win here. Brandon's manager Krissy Angelle was a constant distraction to Lau, but in the end it was 'The Dragon' who capitalised on a distraction to get the win, when Randy Unleashed brought his group to ringside!

Winner:
'The Dragon' Mikey Lau

Finish:
'Dragon Whip' (Twist Of Fate)

</div>

Dragon Unleashed

Following the match, Mikey Lau got out of there as fast as he could, and Randy Unleashed sent his troops into the ring...

ItWNcSV.jpgktaG66p.jpgnjHwFkU.jpgXlRhIOy.jpg

Krissy Angelle pleaded with Randy and co. not to hurt 'her man', but BJ O'Neil just laughed at her... and Randy and his boys put the boots to 'Big Money'... He stood no chance 3 on 1, and Angelle yelled out in anger... She was devastated to see her hero down and in trouble... but the trouble didn't last long... Mikey Lau sensationally returned to the ring!!

5192j2z.jpg

Wielding a steel chair, 'The Dragon' sent Randy Unleashed, Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust flying out of the ring, but didn't manage to hit either of them with the chair... He then stood over the fallen Brandon James... Sections of the crowd wanted him to use the chair on James... a man who's tried to put his thumb on Lau and keep him down for months... but Lau threw the chair down, and helped James to his feet!! The crowd loved it!!

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

Valiant Effort

Cameras caught up with Valiant next, as he entered a room with Remo's nameplate on the door...

GvYTCgs.jpgJU7gup7.jpg

Valiant thought Rogue was with him, so when the door opened and he realised he was alone, he swallowed his pride and came out with what he wanted to say...

Valiant:
“Remo...!! You were NEVER a better SWF World Heavyweight Champion than me...!!”

Remo nodded, almost in agreement... but he also began to clench his fists... He erupted in a fit of rage, taking Valiant down at the knees, and pummelling him into the ground...!! Rogue was nowhere to be found, and the fight was only broken up when a few wrestlers appeared and pulled Remo off of Valiant... A small disagreement, over such a small matter, but it escalated very quickly... and Valiant was left bruised and bloody... Rogue was then shown nearby... smirking to himself...

NS2FSCE.jpg

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

YzO6EFw.jpgPq88zCN.jpgXMK0bKq.jpgvyrzurk.jpgxx6GG8d.jpg

Non-Title action for the SWF Tag Champs here, and it's just as well the Belts weren't on the line, because they were outclassed by Gilmore and Morgan here! The Sharp Shooters, as they like to be known, took Huntingdon and Trescarde apart, eventually making the latter tap out to Gilmore's 'Anger Management' Arm Bar!

Winners:
Angry Gilmore & Joey Morgan

Finish:
'Anger Management' (Arm Bar)

</div>

Negatively Charged Atom

Gilmore and Morgan had their hands raised, but their celebrations with a vocal crowd who loved seeing them team together, didn't last long... Their friend Steven Parker was soon on the stage... Being DRAGGED to the ring by one foot by Atom Smasher... Parker was on his back, groaning and barely conscious!!

YzO6EFw.jpgPq88zCN.jpgDeIFp3i.jpgNTkEj22.jpg

Gilmore and Morgan quickly realised what was going on, and they chased Smasher away... before tending to their friend... They called for medical assistance...

Atom Smasher:
“Fear not Citizens...!! I got word of a new group of 'Super Fighters' forming here on Supreme TV... and I put a stop to it... You're WELCOME!!”

And with that, Smasher exited the stage... Gilmore and Morgan were furious, but also frantically trying to get help for their friend!!

</div>

Tqu7eOE.jpg

NWBrpho.jpg

UDkDrRp.jpgXMK0bKq.jpglLnddLc.jpg

There aren't many men who could stand across the ring from Rocky Golden, outweighed by over 100lbs, and still believe they could outwrestle the SWF World Heavyweight Champion. But it would be just like The Crippler to have that high opinion of himself. He was almost proved right within a minute, as he had Golden trapped in a heel hook, but luckily for the big Champion, he was near the ropes. As the match wore on, both men were struggling not to blow up out there, giving everything they had to either retain or capture the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. However, right as Crippler was about to set up for what looked like a dangerous submission hold, almost all of the lights in the arena went out, in what appeared to be a technical difficulty of the production team. It was sorted in a matter of seconds, but it felt like minutes had passed. As the lights came back on, Crippler was doubled over on his hands and knees, clutching his ribs. Golden emerged from the corner by pulling himself up by the ropes, and ran across the ring to deliver the 'Rocky Road' Curb Stomp and retain the Gold!

Winner:
and STILL SWF World Heavyweight Champion: 'The Living Legend' Rocky Golden

Finish:
'Rocky Road' (Curb Stomp)

</div>

Scythed

Rocky had no idea what had just gone on, but he was grateful to be still holding the SWF World Heavyweight Championship come the end of the night... We soon got a pretty good idea who was responsible for the lighting issue though, and potentially Crippler's rib injury situation...

UDkDrRp.jpglLnddLc.jpgJup4wGe.jpg

The monster known only as 'The Dark Reaper' Scythe appeared on the entrance way, with static and jumpy video upon the big screen above him... He pointed at Rocky Golden's SWF World Heavyweight Championship, and held out his left hand... Golden appeared to be in some kind of trance-like state as he stared at Scythe... almost as if he was going to bend to the big monster's will and hand him the Championship Belt... The fan favourite stood firm though, and remained in the ring...

He'll now go to When Hell Freezes Over to defend the Gold against Valiant, Remo and Rogue in a Fatal Four Way Match... As for Scythe and The Crippler, we don't yet know their fate for the PPV Event, but we may just find out next week...

</div>

Overall Show Rating: 73

Got dinged for not having enough interesting storylines!

</div>

Big well done to eayragt who scored 6/6...

And now... the show :)

[/i]

Haha, totally fluked that one. Made a few predictions of how I would book the show, and not how I actually thought you'd book them.

Good show, liked the write ups (highlights - Atom Smasher and your use of some of the managers). That ding is difficult to avoid at first with SWF, but I'm sure you're past that now.

I'm going to call the injury to Brandon James... got to lose my 100% record somehow.