Total Championship Wrestling - Wrestling Wonderland

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just catching up with this now. Not too familiar with Cverse stuff and trying to learn more about it. TCW Saturday Night Showcase was my first one in and you've already written it to both remind fans and to tell new fans like me what happened in the weeks prior which helps so much and I don't think happens enough in journals on here – including my own. Immediately hooked with where the RDJ angle goes as he said he isn't sure what his next move is, but he'll find it. I'm sure you know what that move is, and it'll be interesting to see. Also, I like how he put over the new talent of TCW while saving face and keeping himself strong. Good stuff. Holding off on predictions until I can make some logical thoughts out of them (aka- a few more weeks of programming)

<p>Aaron Andrews & Freddy Huggins vs <strong>Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond</strong></p><p>

TCW TV Title- Greg Gauge © vs <strong>Mighty Mo</strong></p><p>

<strong>Joshua Taylor</strong> vs Edd Stone</p><p>

<strong>Davis Wayne Newton </strong>vs Benny Benson</p><p>

#1 Contender’s Tag Match- <strong>The Behemoths</strong> vs Devine Fortune</p>

• 2 weeks later...

2Js6RWI.jpg

TCW presents Total Wrestling

Tuesday, Week Two, April 2020 - LIVE from Minnesota Coliseum

Announce Team: Jason Azaria, Kyle Rhodes, and Jasmine Saunders

Attendance: 9,575 - TV Rating: 3.65 on ACE; 0.42 on IC-TV

Show Rating: 85

rKWGkKG.jpg2y36Ffs.jpg

Jay Chord is out with Joshua Taylor to start the show, bragging about their vicious assault on Sammy Bach last week that left him with a broken ankle. They promise that Bach’s injury is just the beginning until Chord gets promised his TCW World title shot, and that all the damage that befalls TCW talent between now and then is squarely on Ricky Dale Johnson’s shoulders.

“I promised you that I’d rid TCW of that washed up rock star wannabe, and with the help of Joshua Taylor, I did just that!” Chord raves. “So, here’s what we’re gonna do next… Taylor here has a match with that second generation jerk-off Edd Stone tonight. Edd is a guy who gives wrestling legacies such a bad name, his family banished him from Canada and sent him here! Well, when we’re done with him, maybe he’ll have to follow Tommy Cornell and f--- --f to England just to get some work!”

Jay Chord says that Edd Stone will have nowhere left to go when he and Joshua Taylor run him out of TCW. Not only will Taylor beat Stone tonight, they’re going to break his leg just like they did to Sammy Bach!

SEGMENT RATING: 95

Q6XX2us.jpg

“I’ve heard just about enough outta the two of you!” Ricky Dale Johnson says as he marches out from the back.

The Committee Cowboy says he’s done listening to threats, and he’s not going to stand for any more injuries to TCW superstars. Fines won’t matter, but he’s not above doling them out; suspensions won’t matter, but he’ll hand them out with pleasure. Chord & Taylor will not, under any circumstances, be calling the shots; The Committee Cowboy is in charge around here, and they better make damn sure they don’t forget it.

With arrogant smirks on their faces, Chord & Taylor say they’re well aware of who is in charge, and that puts the blood solely on his hands. Chord says they don’t want to call the shots, he just wants what he deserves: a TCW World title match.

SEGMENT RATING: 73

<hr>

b97NFHg.jpgaz2adN0.jpg

T-BONE BRIGHT

VERSUS

MATT BLACKBURN

Matt Blackburn is a worker on excursion from PGHW, and his first appearance in TCW is a losing effort as T-Bone Bright runs through him in no time at all for the win.

WINNER: T-Bone Bright (2:18)

MATCH RATING: 50

After the match, T-Bone grabs a microphone and says that it isn’t over between him and Doc Hammond.

“You don’t get to cheat me out of a win, and then walk away with your head held high,” Bright swears. “Seeing you lose to Huggins just wasn’t good enough, either. We ain’t through til I put your shoulders on the mat for the 1-2-3!”

SEGMENT RATING: 68

<hr>

Shocking Matt Hocking is out after the break for a quick promo, putting himself over as the best thing in TCW.

“It’s like this, The Hock says it’s time to shine, so get him an opponent, The Hock’ll make him whine,” Hocking rhymes. “‘Cause it’s a Hock Shock and a 1-2-3… The Hock ain’t lyin’, just spillin’ the tea.”

SEGMENT RATING: 63

59MVj5H.jpggRkvElW.jpg

SHOCKING

MATT HOCKING

VERSUS

DAIGO GOYA

Goya is another Japanese excursion doing enhancement work in his outing, making The Shocking One look good on his way to victory with a Shock Hock.

WINNER: Shocking Matt Hocking (6:14)

MATCH RATING: 54

<hr>

cABZhW3.jpgaPny4LO.jpg

Eddie Peak is out next with his Sinner Society cronies in tow, including The Behemoths who have a match tonight for the #1 contendership to the TCW Tag Team titles. Peak says the divinity and fortune are not qualities a sinner aspires to embody; hedonism and force of will are what make a sinner stronger.

“Devine Fortune have been fortunate enough to get this far, but there is not a team in TCW that can match brute force with The Behemoths,” says Peak. He promises that his monsters will destroy Devine Fortune just as they did Benny & The Foxx, and then it will be a short time before they put down Dogs of War. Peak ends, as always, by saying, “Blessed are the Sinners.”

SEGMENT RATING: 70

rMXYyUm.jpgGJmIN2x.jpg

24gegRW.jpgXG7AGA6.jpg

DEVINE FORTUNE

(DARRYL DEVINE & CHANCE FORTUNE)

VERSUS

THE BEHEMOTHS

(KILLER SHARK & TITAN)

W/ EDDIE PEAK

Devine Fortune fare better than The Behemoths previous opponents in the mini-tournament to determine new #1 contenders, looking at a few different points like they might topple the monsters. But, in the end, speed is no match for size, and The Behemoths pick up the win and a TCW Tag Team title shot.

WINNERS: The Behemoths (11:45)

MATCH RATING: 68

<hr>

IAdc0El.jpgZgJPGYa.jpgQ6eqZdG.jpg

We are taken inside The Syndicate’s VIP suite where we often see promos from Wolf Hawkins, but instead we find Aaron Andrews, Freddy Huggins, and Laura Catherine Huggins inside with their feet kicked up, half-eaten food and an empty bottle of champagne on the table.

“This was a great idea, Freddy,” Andrews says as he finishes off his glass of bubbly and sits it down on the table.

“Hey, do I know how to treat us, or do I know how to treat us?” Huggins jokes, tossing his empty glass behind the couch and onto the floor with a laugh. “VIP Suite just means Sneak-In Suite where I come from, and besides, screw those Syndicate pricks.”

The trio laugh and joke some more, cutting a promo on the tag team main event for tonight while living it up in The Syndicate’s VIP suite and really making a mess of the place. Andrews says they’re putting Battleground in the rearview and looking ahead to Where Angels Fear to Tread; Huggins has Hawkins one-on-one, and the Ace is just waiting on someone to step up and challenge him.

SEGMENT RATING: 97

<hr>

lUdt6gc.jpgGDh45ZD.jpg

DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON

w/ THE SUPREMACY

VERSUS

BENNY BENSON

Davis Wayne Newton had The Supremacy at ringside with him, and it didn’t take long for the other members of the trio to attempt to get involved. But, in the end, the numbers game didn’t get the job done for The Triple Threat as Benson picks up a win over one of the members of The Supremacy.

WINNER: Benny Benson (8:10)

MATCH RATING: 63

After the match, The Supremacy immediately hits the ring and begin a 2-on-1 beatdown on Benson; DWN joins in as soon as he recovers. They put the boots to him for a moment before Flying Jimmy Foxx comes tearing out of the back to make the save. He chases off The Supremacy, then checks on Benson as the show goes to commercial.

SEGMENT RATING: 44

<hr>

Greg Gauge is out after the break to cut a promo on the lack of competition he’s seen for the TCW Television title. He’s done issuing open challenges, he demands that Ricky Dale Johnson and the TCW Championship Committee find him real competition every week.

“The open challenge is played out around here, and I’m tired of beating the same bums week-in and week-out,” Gauge says. “The Second Generation Superstar demands real-- “

He’s cut off by new music and a new entrance video as Mighty Mo makes his second singles appearance since the split-up of The Mighty. Mo says he’s the competition this week, and that it just might be Gauge’s last night as champion.

SEGMENT RATING: 69

kLM8zYk.jpgBmUETWz.jpg

TCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

GREG GAUGE ©

VERSUS

MIGHTY MO

Mighty Mo looks to make good on his promise in this match, shining through a great deal of it and looking close to the win on more than one occasion. Gauge is no slouch, either, putting up a fight to retain his title and coming close to cinching in the Proton Lock but Mo muscles out of it. The end of the match sees Tana the Savage and Eddie Peak get involved, Peak distracting the referee long enough for Tana to whack Mo with a chair and allow Gauge to put him in the Proton Lock for a submission victory.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: Greg Gauge (12:47)

MATCH RATING: 80

“Another cheap victory for the champion,” Azaria points out on commentary as Rhodes wonders how many more times Gauge will escape with his title intact.

<hr>

2y36Ffs.jpgtXthfOE.jpg

JOSHUA TAYLOR

VERSUS

EDD STONE

Edd Stone looks to prove himself as a serious wrestler after Taylor’s earlier comments, showing why he is part of the Stone legacy for several minutes of the relatively short match. In the end, though, he taps to the Butterfly Lock just like everyone not named Aaron Andrews has over the last half-year.

WINNER: Joshua Taylor (7:14)

MATCH RATING: 76

Following the match, Taylor keeps up the attack and is soon joined by Jay Chord with a steel chair! Before they can replicate last week’s bone breaking assault on Edd Stone, Ricky Dale Johnson charges out from the back with a chair of his own! The Committee Cowboy enters the ring swinging, chasing off Chord & Taylor.

“You boys leave me no choice,” RDJ pants as he takes a microphone after helping Edd Stone to his feet. “Based on your actions these past two weeks, the Championship Committee sees fit to fine you each in the sum of $250,000! I won’t let everyone in the world know how much we pay the two of you, but you wanna hit us where it hurts and put the roster on the shelf? Then you’ll work for damn near free! I won’t have you run roughshod over this company, The Committee Cowboy will personally see to it that there is justice in TCW!”

SEGMENT RATING: 83

<hr>

IAdc0El.jpgZgJPGYa.jpg

aLUKJa4.jpgWC6SOYO.jpg

AARON ANDREWS & FREDDY HUGGINS

VERSUS

THE SYNDICATE

(WOLF HAWKINS & DOC HAMMOND)

Just as he did in their singles match two weeks ago, Huggins scores the pinfall victory for his team by hitting Wolf Hawkins with a Huggins Kiss. The commentators wonder if Huggins has Hawkins’ number, and if that will lead to the Alpha Wolf losing his title shot.

WINNERS: Aaron Andrews & Freddy Huggins (18:09)

MATCH RATING: 82

Just catching up with this now. Not too familiar with Cverse stuff and trying to learn more about it. TCW Saturday Night Showcase was my first one in and you've already written it to both remind fans and to tell new fans like me what happened in the weeks prior which helps so much and I don't think happens enough in journals on here – including my own. Immediately hooked with where the RDJ angle goes as he said he isn't sure what his next move is, but he'll find it. I'm sure you know what that move is, and it'll be interesting to see. Also, I like how he put over the new talent of TCW while saving face and keeping himself strong. Good stuff. Holding off on predictions until I can make some logical thoughts out of them (aka- a few more weeks of programming)

Appreciate the kind words man! I needed to take a couple weeks off to recharge the creative batteries, but I'm back. I like to write my shows that way not just for readers, but for myself to have an easy-in when I need to take a break or find myself unable to update for a while. Makes it easy on everyone to get up-to-date. As for RDJ, stay tuned! There's lots more to come!

VzP2hhK.jpg

TCW SATURDAY NIGHT SHOWCASE

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - SATURDAY, WEEK TWO, APRIL 2020

Red hot TCW Television Champion Greg Gauge defends his title once again, this time against up & coming T-Bone Bright! Bright has had issues with Doc Hammond of The Syndicate recently, but that hasn’t stopped him from looking impressive in every ring outing; can he topple The Second Generation Superstar? We’ll also have a preview of the TCW Tag Team title match scheduled for Where Angels Fear To Tread as one half of the tag team champions, One Man Army, takes on one half of the contending team, Titan of The Behemoths. We’ll also Chris Flynn step into the ring with Troy Tornado, this time at the behest of the TCW Championship Committee as they search for the top contender to Greg Gauge’s TV title!

All this and more, Saturday night on ACE!

PREDICTION KEY

TCW TV Title Match- Greg Gauge © vs T-Bone Bright

Titan vs One Man Army

Chris Flynn vs Troy Tornado

VzP2hhK.jpg

TCW Saturday Night Showcase

Saturday, Week Two, April 2020 - LIVE from Minnesota Coliseum

Announce Team: Shawn Doakes, Kyle Rhodes, and Jasmine Saunders

Attendance: 9,575- TV Rating: 3.31 on ACE; 0.38 on IC-TV

Show Rating: 86

ZgJPGYa.jpgQ6eqZdG.jpg

Freddy Huggins is out to open the show with his sister, Laura Catherine Huggins, by his side as always. He starts off by saying that doesn’t want to brag, then proceeds to brag about pinning TCW World Champion Wolf Hawkins not once, but twice. He says it might have been a tag match on Tuesday, but it was in singles competition before that.

“Like it or not, Wolfie boy, I’ve got your number and come the pay-per-view, I’m gonna have your title shot as well!”

aLUKJa4.jpg

After several minutes of braggadocious promo work, the #1 contender has heard enough, and Wolf Hawkins makes his way out onto the entrance ramp. He tells Huggins that he can run his mouth all he wants, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s still #1 contender and nothing about that is going to change at the pay-per-view.

“You might be able to pull off a fluke victory when Flynn misses his cue, and you might’ve gotten lucky Tuesday night in the tag match… but at Where Angels Fear To Tread, your luck runs out, you cocky sonuvabitch!”

The two go back-and-forth for several minutes, Huggins constantly insulting Hawkins until Hawkins is ready to launch an assault. But, a laughing Huggins just brushes him off and exits the ring with a look on his face that says “mission accomplished” as Hawkins rants and raves in the ring.

SEGMENT RATING: 93

<hr>

Troy Tornado makes his entrance after the break to cut a promo on TCW Television Champion Greg Gauge, saying that he nearly took him to the limit at Battleground and then last week they came to a stalemate.

“I might be one of the older dogs in the yard, but there’s a lot of fight left in me,” Tornado says. “I don’t care much about you being a decade younger than me, you need to care that I have a decade more experience than you because all of the Second Generation Superstar DNA in your veins doesn’t account for the battle scars I carry around everyday.”

He shifts gears and briefly talks about his opponent tonight, The Syndicate’s Chris Flynn, before Flynn’s entrance to the arena interrupts.

SEGMENT RATING: 68

hLdpfKs.jpge0ZRHU9.jpg

TROY TORNADO

VERSUS

CHRIS FLYNN

Chris Flynn looks good in the beginning, but his showboating proves to be his downfall in this bout. Tornado picks up the win with a Star Maker.

WINNER: Troy Tornado (9:51)

MATCH RATING: 73

<hr>

Dogs of War are out after the break, One Man Army cutting a promo on his opponent for the evening, one half of The Behemoths in the monstrous Titan. As always, the pair are loaded with war and weaponry references, saying that tonight they’re going to drop a bomb on The Sinner Society.

SEGMENT RATING: 75

XG7AGA6.jpg24gegRW.jpgcABZhW3.jpg

vV4FMuy.jpg14HQF96.jpg

TITAN

W/ KILLER SHARK & EDDIE PEAK

VERSUS

ONE MAN ARMY

/W HUMAN ARSENAL

The referee actually gets fed up with all of the interference attempts at one point in the match and ejects everyone from ringside, leaving Titan and the One Man Army to go at it one-on-one. One Man Army picks up the win with a Guided Missile after narrowly slipping out of a Titanic Choke Slam.

WINNER: One Man Army (8:28)

MATCH RATING: 76

<hr>

Q6XX2us.jpg

The Committee Cowboy himself, Ricky Dale Johnson, appears next to a thunderous ovation from the Minnesota crowd. He addresses what happened on Tuesday when Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor attempted to injure Edd Stone in the same fashion they had Sammy Bach.

“Now, I already told you boys that you keep this up, you’ll be workin’ for free the rest of your natural born lives,” RDJ reminds them. “But, you see, somethin’ tells me that just ain’t good enough to make you fall in line. People like Jay Chord, obsessed with destiny and what they feel they’re owed… boy, the world don’t owe you a damn thing, much less a TCW World title shot.”

Johnson continues by saying that he’s had enough, and that if Chord & Taylor want to fight dirty then he learned dirty fighting from the best of the best.

“So, I’ll tell you what, Jay… this Tuesday on Total Wrestling, I’ve got a little somethin’ in mind for you,” RDJ says, tipping his hat up to give the camera a better look at the serious expression on his face. “You don’t get handed nothin’ around here, but if you want a shot, I got a hoop you can jump through to get one. I’ll see you Tuesday, boy… you best come when your name is called.”

With that, RDJ drops the mic and exits the ring while the commentary team speculate what he could have in store for Jay Chord and his Legacy of Greatness.

SEGMENT RATING: 99

<hr>

Following the break, TCW Television Champion Greg Gauge is out to cut a promo. He says that everyone wants a piece of The Second Generation Superstar, but there isn’t anyone in the company good enough to take his belt off of him.

“When I get to the mountaintop, I’m still going to be wearing this TCW Television title,” Gauge asserts. “I’ll be the first, last, and only TCW Unified Champion, and I’ll hold both belts for the rest of my career! There is no Ace, no Alpha, no Legacy that can withstand my greatness… all will bend the knee to the greatness that is Gauge!”

SEGMENT RATING: 98

kLM8zYk.jpgb97NFHg.jpg

TCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

GREG GAUGE ©

VERSUS

T-BONE BRIGHT

T-Bone Bright is fired up in the beginning, taking control and making it look like he’ll make Gauge eat his words from his earlier promo. The pair go back-and-forth in a decent TV main event that sees Greg Gauge retain once again, this time due to the distraction caused by T-Bone Bright’s recent nemesis Doc Hammond of The Syndicate.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: Greg Gauge (11:43)

MATCH RATING: 75

4DiVFFw.jpg

TCW presents TOTAL WRESTLING

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - TUESDAY, WEEK THREE, APRIL 2020

We have a night JAM PACKED full of action coming on Total Wrestling! The Committee Cowboy, Ricky Dale Johnson, will be on-hand to address Jay Chord as well as oversee an absolute blockbuster of a main event! Just two weeks ahead of Where Angels Fear to Tread, the two men who hold gold in Total Wrestling will go head-to-head in our main event! T-Bone Bright looks to exact revenge on The Syndicate by putting down Chris Flynn. Dogs of War set their sights on The Sinner Society. Troy Tornado faces off against Joshua Taylor, with the winner getting a TCW TV title match at Where Angels Fear to Tread!

All of this, plus “Shocking” Matt Hocking will be in action and much more, Tuesday night on ACE!

PREDICTION KEY

Champion vs Champion, Non-Title: Aaron Andrews vs Greg Gauge

Troy Tornado vs Joshua Taylor

Dogs of War vs Sinner Society

Doc Hammond vs Frankie Perez

“Hitman” Ernest Youngman vs Mighty Mo

T-Bone Bright vs Chris Flynn

The Supremacy vs Devine Fortune

Champion vs Champion, Non-Title: Aaron Andrews vs Greg Gauge

Troy Tornado vs Joshua Taylor

Dogs of War vs Sinner Society

Doc Hammond vs Frankie Perez