Total Championship Wrestling - Wrestling Wonderland

VzP2hhK.jpg

TCW SATURDAY NIGHT SHOWCASE

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - SATURDAY, WEEK FOUR, APRIL 2020

Ricky Dale Johnson’s plan came to fruition on Total Wrestling this past Tuesday night, but did he get the outcome he wanted? Jay Chord emerged victorious, which means he emerged as the #1 Contender to Aaron Andrews’ TCW World Title! But, before he gets his shot one-on-one, he must team with the man he just defeated, Joshua Taylor, to take on the champ!

After a month of silence, The American Cobras reemerged with a vicious attack on The Love Machines. What will Floyd Goldworthy have to say about his clients coming up this Saturday?

Frankie Perez is on a roll these last few weeks with wins over Matt Hocking and Doc Hammond, can he continue his winning ways against Chris Flynn? Also, is Hocking through with Perez after attacking him following a loss this past Tuesday?

All of this and we’ll hear from “The Alpha Wolf” himself, Wolf Hawkins, Saturday night on ACE!

PREDICTION KEY

Jay Chord & Joshua Taylor vs Aaron Andrews & Freddy Huggins

Frankie Perez vs Chris Flynn

Devine Fortune vs The American Cobras

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, the Chord/Taylor/RDJ dynamic is top-tier and I can't wait to see who RDJ has up his sleeve! The PPV should be awesome!

PREDICTION KEY

(heels need some momentum going into the PPV, and Huggers can afford to take the L while no one else can)

(I went back and forth here, but I just love the Killswitch)

(I imagine the ACs have no pop, but I can't see them losing in their debut...maybe some shenanigans though?)

Heels need momentum. Chord pins Huggins is my guess.

Both have big potential. I'll go against the popular vote and say Flynn wins.

Guys are absolute studs. They have to win here.

VzP2hhK.jpg

TCW Saturday Night Showcase

Saturday, Week Four, April 2020 - LIVE from Clover Fields

Announce Team: Shawn Doakes, Kyle Rhodes, and Jasmine Saunders

Attendance: 13,756- TV Rating: 3.42 on ACE; 0.37 on IC-TV

Show Rating: 82

Q6XX2us.jpg

This go-home edition of Saturday Night Showcase before Where Angels Fear to Tread kicks off with “The Committee Cowboy” Ricky Dale Johnson coming out to the ring without a smile on his face, the usual jovial cowboy temporarily replaced by a sullen wrangler.

“Alright, boys, you managed it” he begins with more than a hint of defeat in his voice. “I tried to pit you ‘gainst one another, tried to make ya tear each other apart, but still, Jay Chord comes out th’ other side with exactly what he wanted… so, here I am, a man of my word… a man who wants to keep his job,” he pauses. “So, after the main event of Total Wrestling this past Tuesday night… it is my duty… to book Aaron Andrews versus Jay Chord for the TCW World Championship tomorrow night, live on pay-per-view!”

The crowd reaction tells the story of a fanbase eager to see a good match, but loath to cheer the announcement of Jay Chord getting his way.

“BUT… but... “ the cowboy finally grins. “I also booked a little tag team encounter tonight, the rolls before the steak, if you will. Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor might’ve come out with their heads held high, but I ain’t through with them yet, not by a damn sight! I will see to it that there is justice in TCW, because it’s my job! You get what you earn, and, much as it pains me to say it… Jay Chord earned his shot tomorrow night. But I’ll be damned if I let him walk into Maryland Wood fresh as a daisy!”

RDJ says that the Championship Committee insisted that Aaron Andrews would have to compete at least once during the week leading up to the pay-per-view if he planned for Jay Chord to compete twice, hence tonight’s main event.

“Jay Chord might have what he wants for now,” RDJ concludes. “But if he wants to keep viewin’ TCW as his own little playground, things are gonna get mighty rough for him ‘round here.”

SEGMENT RATING: 87

<hr>

BFDink1.jpg

After the break, Floyd Goldworthy is out with his charges, The American Cobras, barking into his Golden Voice megaphone about their greatness.

“The hottest young tag team in wrestling today!” he crows, Storm Spillane and Marvel Malloy nodding along confidently. “Prepare to be snakebit! Let the venom enter your veins! Get ready to be marveled! Brace for the storm!” On and on he goes like a carnival barker into his megaphone, the crowd really getting into hating on the whole act as they make their entrance.

SEGMENT RATING: 39

abOlkJ4.jpgwLogVxq.jpg

rMXYyUm.jpgGJmIN2x.jpg

THE AMERICAN COBRAS

w/ FLOYD GOLDWORTHY

VERSUS

DEVINE FORTUNE

The downturn of Devine Fortune seems to continue as some miscommunications in a key moment lead to the already impressive-looking American Cobras to pick up the win with a Cobra Strike.

WINNERS: The American Cobras (9:32)

MATCH RATING: 61

<hr>

59MVj5H.jpg

“The Hock is tired of the disrespect… that’s right, The Shocking One has had enough!” Shocking Matt Hocking begins a promo backstage. “This company is full of the youngest and brightest, and The Hock can promise you, no one around here burns brighter than Shocking Matt Hocking! Frankie Perez, you think you’re so talented, think you’re so damned smart… next week, Total Wrestling… you, The Hock, and ol’ Jez can head into that ring and run it back!”

Matt Hocking has laid a challenge for a rematch to Frankie Perez for next week on Total Wrestling!

SEGMENT RATING: 51

<hr>

e0ZRHU9.jpgzDqstiJ.jpg

CHRIS FLYNN

VERSUS

“THE BUZZSAW”

FRANKIE PEREZ

Chris Flynn looks impressive in a back-and-forth contest, but falls victim to a Buzzsaw Kick out of nowhere to give Frankie Perez his second victory in a week’s time.

WINNER: Frankie Perez (7:42)

MATCH RATING: 54

<hr>

aLUKJa4.jpg

Wolf Hawkins sits alone in The Syndicate’s VIP suite, nursing a rocks glass of whiskey and watching on disapprovingly as Chris Flynn loses his match to Frankie Perez. He shakes his head, takes another sip, then leans forward on the leather couch and sits his glass down on the stylish black table and shakes his head.

“You know, there was a time when just hearing the name… The Syndicate… was enough to make lesser men tremble. And now? Now I watch our muscle lose to some nobody on the b-show, and I can’t even bat an eye because it is somehow lesser among all of the disrespect heaped on our name around here.”

The Alpha Wolf pauses for a moment, looking off camera and sucking his teeth before turning back.

“The fact that our Commissioner has busied himself with a couple of punks like Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor instead of looking out for The Alpha Wolf, the number one around here, says it all. Total Mayhem is the biggest show of the year, and as of right now, I AM THE SHOW! I earned my main event months ago, and instead of protecting the biggest match of the year, The King of Kings versus The World Champion, that dumb hick is swinging chairs and getting disciplined by the people with the real power around here!”

Hawkins rants about Ricky Dale Johnson for a moment before turning his attention to Freddy Huggins.

“Freddy Huggins and his little sister are in for a rude awakening tomorrow night on pay-per-view,” Hawkins warns. “You might’ve put my shoulders on the mat when it didn’t really matter, but you’re coming for my life tomorrow night, Freddy! You’re coming for my life, and it’s kill or be killed… Freddy: I’m not giving up my chance at redemption for anything. Not for you or anyone else. Not when I’m this close to regaining my World title. No. No… people are going to respect The Syndicate again. People are going to respect me. Freddy… tomorrow night? I’m going to kick your ass like it’s never been kicked before… the highest profile match of your entire career, and you’re going to end it looking at the lights!”

SEGMENT RATING: 84

<hr>

IAdc0El.jpgZgJPGYa.jpg

rKWGkKG.jpg2y36Ffs.jpg

AARON ANDREWS & FREDDY HUGGINS

VERSUS

JAY CHORD & JOSHUA TAYLOR

This was a hot main event from the start, Joshua Taylor and Freddy Huggins kicking off the match against one another. Putting the combination of Jay Chord and Aaron Andrews in the ring together was, smartly, avoided until closer to the closing moments of the match and the crowd exploded when they realized they were getting a PPV main event preview.

The closing segment saw Joshua Taylor trap Aaron Andrews in the Butterfly Lock, and during Andrews’ struggle to get free, double blind tags go down, making Jay Chord and Freddy Huggins the legal men. Andrews eventually forces he and Taylor to spill over the top rope in order to break the hold, and while the referee is checking on the men outside, Chord nails Huggins with a low blow followed by a Super DDT for the tainted victory.

WINNERS: Jay Chord & Joshua Taylor (16:16)

MATCH RATING: 82

3dBHJhe.jpg

TOTAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - SUNDAY, WEEK FOUR, APRIL 2020

Total Championship Wrestling returns to pay-per-view on USA Free Choice this Sunday with Where Angels Fear to Tread!

Jay Chord has gone to proverbial war with TCW Commissioner Ricky Dale Johnson over the last few months, all with the goal of getting a TCW World Title match… and his plan comes to fruition Sunday night! Can The Legacy of Greatness best The Ace?

Troy Tornado has vowed to teach Greg Gauge some respect, but thus far has come up short. In what has been billed as Tornado’s last shot, can he overcome The Second Generation Superstar?

The Behemoth have been trying to reclaim the TCW Tag Team Championships from Dogs of War ever since losing them, and the duos have gone to war more than once. The question this time isn’t how big the war will be, but who will survive the fallout?

The main event of Total Mayhem hangs in the balance as Wolf Hawkins defends his King of Kings win against Freddy Huggins. Huggins has pinned The Alpha Wolf more than once, can he do it again to head to the big show?

The Mighty split apart, and this Sunday they meet for the first time. It’s Mighty Mo versus Tana the Savage, along with Eddie Peak and The Sinner Society.

All of these marquee matchups and more take place, Where Angels Fear to Tread!

PREDICTION KEY

TCW WORLD TITLE- Aaron Andrews © vs Jay Chord

TCW TELEVISION TITLE- Greg Gauge © vs Troy Tornado

TCW TAG TEAM TITLES- Dogs of War © vs The Behemoths

Freddy Huggins vs Wolf Hawkins

Mighty Mo vs Tana the Savage

T-Bone Bright vs Doc Hammond

Joshua Taylor vs Dazzling Dave Diamond

The Supremacy vs Benny Benson & Flying Jimmy Foxx

The American Cobras vs The Love Machines

The Showcase write ups are always fun. RDJ continues to be the most well-written character on the boards. Seriously, the voice you put behind him is so realistic and great.

PREDICTION KEY

TCW WORLD TITLE- Aaron Andrews © vs Jay Chord (It's not Jay's time yet)

Mighty Mo vs Tana the Savage (Mo gets the victory at Total Mayhem!)

PREDICTION KEY

PREDICTION KEY

PREDICTION KEY

• 1 month later...

41KK4eh.png

I am happy to announce that TCW Wonderland will be returning this week after an extended hiatus. Please take some time to refamiliarize yourself with the booking if you'd like, get in predictions for the PPV if you've missed out to this point, or just get some popcorn and get ready to enjoy the show!

Many thanks to my Coalition cohorts (Historian, Dalton, and Sco xY2Jx) for helping to stoke the creative fires, and thanks to everyone who has taken the ride along with me to this point. Big things are afoot in TCW as we looks past Where Angels Fear to Tread! Where is RDJ headed in his war with Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor? Will The Sinner Society get the best of Mighty Mo? Are The Supremacy really the only supreme that matters? Will Wolf Hawkins achieve his destiny at Total Mayhem XXIV? Find out NEXT... on TCW Wonderland!

Where Angels Fear to Tread

<div style="padding: 20px; border: 5px solid #99971d; margin:10px;background: #000000; max-width:95%;box-shadow: 0 5px 15px ";">

3dBHJhe.jpg

TOTAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD

SUNDAY, WEEK FOUR, APRIL 2020

30,000 SELLOUT CROWD AT MARYLAND WOOD (MID ATLANTIC)

Announce Team: Jason Azaria, Kyle Rhodes, and Jasmine Saunders

J9GPsSC.jpg

Q6XX2us.jpg

After a short pyrotechnic display, the music of The Committee Cowboy himself,
Ricky Dale Johnson
, hits the soundsystem and out comes the TCW Commissioner. He’s waving to the crowd and smiling, head held high as he makes his way to the ring to hype up tonight’s show.

“Folks, I won’t take up too much a’ your time tonight, because odds are if you bought a ticket for the show, you know what to expect. I could tell you all about the big hoss battle ‘tween Mighty Mo and Tana the Savage… I could play up the big Tag Team Title match comin’ up tonight,” he smiles.

“But, I think we all know why I’m out here tonight,” he continues as the crowd begins to stir. “I’m here, mainly, to talk about tonight’s TCW World Title match ‘tween Ace and Jay Chord… and that is to say this.. and, I know, I ain’t ‘sposed to say it. But, by God, I’m here to make sure Jay Chord does NOT become TCW World Champion!” The crowd pops at this statement. “Well, ‘least, I’m here to make sure that Joshua Taylor ain’t the reason he becomes champion. I didn’t even give Taylor a match tonight, so he ain’t got no reason to be here. If it costs me everything, by God, there will be justice in TCW! You folks enjoy the show, maybe I’ll see ya later?” he smirks with a tip of his Stetson.

SEGMENT RATING: 100

<hr>

yJNtZr8.jpgtXthfOE.jpg

wLogVxq.jpgabOlkJ4.jpg

THE LOVE MACHINES

(DANNY FONZARELLI & EDD STONE)

VERSUS

THE AMERICAN COBRAS

(MARVEL MALLOY & STORM SPILLANE)

w/ FLOYD GOLDWORTHY

This feud was inexplicably put on hold for several weeks before the Cobras made their return to TV with an attack on Fonzarelli and Stone. Edd Stone continued to play up a change in his character after nearly being injured by Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor, working a more serious style and playing to the crowd less than usual. The Love Machines put up a good resistance but eventually fall to the impressive Cobras after a Cobra Strike.

WINNER: THE AMERICAN COBRAS (8:07)

RATING: 63

<HR>

cABZhW3.jpg

Eddie Peak
is here after the opening tag encounter, pulpit set up atop the ramp as always, his arms extended out as if to hug the audience with an evil smirk on his face.

“Blessed are the sinners!” he begins as usually ends. “And woe unto the righteous, for the world is full of sin and my followers are many! Oh, how The Mighty have fallen… how the slumbering have become The Savage!” Peak yammers on for several more minutes with his Sinner Sermon,
Tana the Savage
sneering just over his right shoulder for the entirety. Eventually,
Mighty Mo
appears from behind to attack, sending Peak packing and brawling with Tana all the way to the ring.

SEGMENT RATING: 65

BmUETWz.jpgBXNSkIZ.jpg

MIGHTY MO

VERSUS

TANA THE SAVAGE

w/ EDDIE PEAK

The bell rings immediately, but Tana springs back to life to turn the tables on Mighty Mo for the short opening moments. The ring can barely contains these two, the fight threatening to spill all around the arena if the referee can’t maintain control. Mighty Mo eventually regains control and somehow, out of seemingly nowhere, gets the Plunging Spinebuster for the pin and the win.

WINNER: MIGHTY MO (5:55)

RATING: 78

Seconds after the bell rings, Eddie Peak hits the ring again, this time with a kendo stick in hand! He lays into Mighty Mo with shots across his shoulders and back, putting the boots to him and screaming at Mo that he “can’t win against the Sinners.” Tana recovers and holds his former tag team partner with his arms hooked behind his back, leaving his head unprotected for a vicious kendo stick shot from the brutal Eddie Peak. Peak and Tana leave Mo in a heap as they head to the back.

SEGMENT RATING: 64

<HR>

After a video recap of what just happened,
The Supremacy
are out for a quick promo in-line with everything they’ve been saying so far. Their act is starting to make the crowd come around, but there is still a smattering of “go away” heat coming from the fans as Austin Smooth, Davis Wayne Newton, and Jeremie Courtney run down their opponents for the evening.

SEGMENT RATING: 50

GDh45ZD.jpg8sy8Awh.jpg

u4ZfesD.jpglUdt6gc.jpgzyzz4Jg.jpg

BENNY BENSON & FLYING JIMMY FOXX

VERSUS

THE SUPREMACY

(AUSTIN SMOOTH & DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON)

w/ JEREMIE COURTNEY

This rivalry has been ongoing since The Supremacy cheated to win a tag team encounter last month at Battleground III. Since then, the teams have been exchanging wins in tag team and singles matches with The Supremacy seemingly one step ahead with their continued underhanded tactics. Benson & Foxx look to stay ahead of the game in this match, cutting off the ring and preventing a lot of triple-team tactics by the cocky youngsters. At one point, the referee ejects Jeremie Courtney from ringside after catching him grab Benny Benson’s foot, evening the odds before The Supremacy can win the numbers game. From there, it looks like Benson & Foxx have the advantage until the end of the match; DWN gives Benson a low blow and tosses him out of the ring, allowing Austin Smooth to lock in the Smooth Hold on Foxx for a clean submission win.

WINNER: THE SUPREMACY (10:17)

RATING: 59

<HR>

9kMr7Ht.jpgXkgiqqR.jpg

JOSHUA TAYLOR

VERSUS

DAZZLING DAVE DIAMOND

Taylor entered the arena with a beaten & bloodied Diamond, pulling him to the ring by his hair and tossing into the squared circle. Taylor demands a referee, putting the boots to Diamond some more and screaming to the back until someone in a striped shirt emerges. As soon as the bell rings, however, Dazzling Dave gets a burst of adrenaline and goes on the attack… but it’s all just an extended hope spot, as Taylor gets a reversal on an Irish whip and goes back on the attack. He makes short work of his impromptu opponent, locking in the Butterfly Lock and causing Diamond to pass out. The commentary team puts over that Taylor isn’t supposed to be here this evening, and ponder what this means for the main event.

“We own this place! No one can stop us!” Taylor jaws at the camera before we’re taken backstage for a promo.

WINNER: JOSHUA TAYLOR (5:43)

RATING: 66

<HR>

T-Bone Bright
is standing backstage with Shawn Doakes, and he cuts a quick promo on his opponent for this evening,
Doc Hammond
. He says that he expected Doc to dodge his challenge, but, instead, tonight they go to war.

“I promised you a ruckus like you ain’t ever seen, and don’t think stepping into the ring with me is gonna stop that,” Bright promises. “I’m gonna bring the ruckus to ya, Hammond, ‘cause this is my night! T-Bone gonna burn bright, and T-Bone gonna bring home the win!”

SEGMENT RATING: 63

b97NFHg.jpgWC6SOYO.jpg

T-BONE BRIGHT

VERSUS

DOC HAMMOND

The young powerhouse versus the savvy veteran, or, as they remind us on commentary, brain versus brawn. Doc Hammond has made a career of getting it done in the ring with technical knowhow while not saying a lot, while T-Bone Bright is a brash powerhouse of a man. That doesn’t stop Hammond from hitting him with a variety of suplexes and joint locks throughout the match, trying to outsmart Bright at every turn. The finish comes after a hard fought match, Bright powering his way out of Hammond’s Texas Cloverleaf finisher and launching Doc into a previously exposed turnbuckle by happenstance. Doc stumbles around the ring long enough for Bright to recover and nearly take his head off with a T-Bone Lariat for a huge win.

WINNER: T-BONE BRIGHT (12:15)

RATING: 74

<HR>

kLM8zYk.jpghLdpfKs.jpg

TCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

GREG GAUGE ©

VERSUS

TROY TORNADO

These two have been at it for months, and Tornado can never seem to gain the upperhand; The Second Generation Superstar is always at least a step ahead. That seems to be the case in this match as well, Gauge taking control after an early showing by Tornado and proceeding to dismantle him physically as he works towards setting up the Proton Lock. Tornado shows some fire late, selling the toll the match has taken on him as he mounts a comeback but falls short of hitting his Star Maker finisher. Gauge recovers nicely and finishes off Tornado with the Proton Lock for his 28th TCW Television Title defense.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: GREG GAUGE (15:05)

RATING: 77

<HR>

14HQF96.jpgvV4FMuy.jpg

24gegRW.jpgXG7AGA6.jpg

TCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

DOGS OF WAR

(HUMAN ARSENAL & ONE MAN ARMY)

VERSUS

THE BEHEMOTHS

(KILLER SHARK & TITAN)

w/ EDDIE PEAK

This was a hard-hitting battle from the start, worthy of the term “hoss fight” even if you wouldn’t normally consider Dogs of War a couple of hosses. The Behemoths control the bulk of the match, Eddie Peak doing his normal work on the outside to aid his charges until
Mighty Mo
appears from the back to run him off and even the odds. The Behemoths show that they are more than capable of handling themselves without Peak outside the ring, gaining control of the match after the angle between Mo and Peak. It is during this sequence where something appears to go wrong, Human Arsenal taking the brunt of the guardrail on his face during one spot and needing an extended time to recover. Despite the injury to his partner, One Man Army works the closing moments solo until getting a hot tag to Human Arsenal, whose face is clearly swollen on one side. Dogs of War manage to hit a Bulldog Missile on Killer Shark to pick up the win.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPIONS: DOGS OF WAR (13:13)

RATING: 71

HUMAN ARSENAL SUFFERED A FRACTURED CHEEK

<HR>

Once the ring has cleared, the music of
The Syndicate
hits the arena and
Wolf Hawkins
makes his way out to the ring. Jason Azaria points out how strange it is to see The Alpha Wolf by himself but Jasmine Saunders reminds us that he was by himself in the VIP suite last night on Saturday Night Showcase.

“Like I said last night,” Hawkins begins slowly as he paces back-and-forth across the ring. “Freddy… it’s kill or be killed tonight. You’re not just trying to beat me tonight, you’re coming for my life… the TCW World Championship is my life! I don’t want to hear anymore about your fluke victories, I don’t even care anymore that you pinned me when it didn’t matter… because, tonight? The Alpha Wolf is on the hunt! Now I-- “

Before Hawkins can continue, he’s cut off by the entrance music of
Freddy Huggins
and the crowd roars their approval as Freddy and his sister, Laura Catherine Huggins, make their way out onto the stage. They take a moment to soak in what may be the biggest pop of Huggins’ career before he speaks.

“Cut the shit, Wolf,” he says flatly as the crowd pops again. “It’s eating you up inside that I pinned you… how many times was it, again?” Hawkins screams from the ring for him to shut up. The pair go back-and-forth on the mic for several minutes before Laura grabs the microphone from Freddy.

“Go kick his ass, bro!” she encourages Freddy to another pop from the crowd. Freddy laughs and nods, heading to the ring as the ring announcer begins to introduce him.

SEGMENT RATING: 87

aLUKJa4.jpgZgJPGYa.jpg

WOLF HAWKINS

VERSUS

FREDDY HUGGINS

w/ LAURA CATHERINE HUGGINS

This one-on-one encounter has been brewing for most of the year, Huggins pinning Hawkins twice in tag team matches to lay his claim to the Total Mayhem XXIV main event next month. The two circle each other to start, going to several false starts while anticipation builds even further with the audience. The crowd cheers loudly when they finally lock up and the match begins, Hawkins wearing Huggins down for several minutes before Freddy recovers and gets his time to shine. The ensuing match is a crowd pleasing, back-and-forth affair that builds to a sequence of false finishes and one-upping each other, Freddy even hitting his Huggins Kiss finisher from the top rope but Hawkins kicks out at last possible millisecond. The true finish comes when Hawkins dodges a clothesline and connects with a superkick when Huggins turns around, buying Wolf enough time to hit the Full Moon Rising and get the win.

WINNER: WOLF HAWKINS (17:38)

RATING: 85

<HR>

IAdc0El.jpgrKWGkKG.jpg

TCW WORLD TITLE MATCH

AARON ANDREWS ©

VERSUS

JAY CHORD

The main event, as always, gets the big match treatment from the ring announcer, letting both participants make their entrance and then announcing them as they stand in the corners of the ring. Jay Chord looks smug all the while, calling out to the crowd after he’s announced, “I’m the King! We own this place!” Chord and Andrews meet in the center of the ring before the bell, but Chord goes on the attack immediately with a knee to the midsection and then an elbow to the back. He showboats for just a second, which allows Andrews to throw him into the ropes and hit a backdrop on the return.

Andrews shines for a few minutes from there, getting in some offense and firing up the crowd while Chord tries to fend him off. The Ace falls victim here to a classic wrestling trope, whipping Jay Chord into the ropes and leaning forward, presumably to hit another backdrop, only to get kicked square in the jaw by his opponent. This allows The King of Pro-Wrestling to go on the offensive, taking Andrews down and viciously putting the boots to him and starting to work him over. He even goes for an early pinfall after hitting a version of his father’s famous DDT, but it only nets him a two count.

The crowd is heavily invested, working to a fever pitch as they cheer on Aaron Andrews during an attempted comeback. The comeback is not to be, however, as Jay Chord puts a stop to it with a thumb to the eye, allowing him to maintain control for several more minutes. The match builds to Andrews slipping out of a Super DDT attempt and hitting an Ace Crusher out of sheer instinct, but he takes too long to make a cover and, thus, only gets a two count on Chord. After a few moments of both men recovering, they work their way to their feet and find themselves in the center of the ring once again as the crowd works their way back up to a crescendo as the action begins anew.

Nearing the fifteen minute mark now, they begin a short series of false finishes not unlike what the crowd had just seen in the previous match-- Super DDT by Chord gets two, Standing Hot Shot by Andrews for another 2 count, and even a Flying Body Press that can’t get the job done. Jay Chord tries to set up for a Cradle Piledriver, but The Ace rolls him into a small package for another two count. The referee goes to check on Chord, who grabs him by the collar and throws him out of the ring! This finally brings out
Joshua Taylor
to the ring, rushing the ring and hitting a chop block on The Ace’s knee. Chord & Taylor put the boots to Andrews for a few seconds before the crowd explodes,
Ricky Dale Johnson
charging the ring with a chair in hand to chase off Taylor. The pissed off Texan wallops The Straight Edge Superstar across the back to take him down, and then hits him again for good measure, Taylor rolling out of the ring and writhing in pain. RDJ turns around to see Jay Chord about to blindside him, and he raises the chair defensively. The crowd begins cheering for Johnson to hit Chord, but The Committee Cowboy just yells at a ringside attendant to get another referee out here before slowly backing out the ring.

Andrews is recovering in the corner on one knee as the replacement ref hits the ring and keeps Chord at bay until The Ace can recover from the two-on-one attack. The match reconvenes as we near the twenty minute mark, the crowd still going wild as they watch The King and The Ace begin again! A short sequence follows that leads to Andrews kicking Chord in the midsection and hitting him with a second Ace Crusher to pick up the hard fought victory.

WINNER, AND STILL CHAMPION: AARON ANDREWS (22:39)

RATING: 87

SHOW RATING: 88

PPV BUYRATE: 1.42

</div>

2Js6RWI.jpg

TCW presents TOTAL WRESTLING

TOTALWRESTLING.COM UPDATE - TUESDAY, WEEK ONE, MAY 2020

Just a few days removed from Where Angels Fear To Tread, Total Championship Wrestling is LIVE on ACE! What will Jay Chord have to have to say after coming up short against Aaron Andrews? What will Ricky Dale Johnson have to say after having to interject himself into the action once again? The Committee Cowboy has already booked Chord in our main event, taking on Freddy Huggins in a match that might have World title implications. Both men have had strong showings lately, though both tasted defeat on pay-per-view.

In a match made last week, Shocking Matt Hocking and “Buzzsaw” Frankie Perez will meet to settle their score once and for all. Whoever wins this match may go on to receive a TCW Television Title match in the future, but this week Greg Gauge will defend his championship against T-Bone Bright! T-Bone came out victorious over The Syndicate’s silent but violent enforcer, Doc Hammond, and now looks to add championship gold to his waist.

In tag team action, The Elite will take on Devine Fortune to determine the new number one contenders to the TCW Tag Team titles! Dogs of War dispatched of The Behemoths, and now look forward to new challengers, but who will it be?

All of this, and Joshua Taylor versus Mighty Mo this Tuesday on ACE!

PREDICTION KEY

Freddy Huggins vs Jay Chord

TCW TELEVISION TITLE- Greg Gauge © vs T-Bone Bright

TCW TAG TEAM TITLES #1 CONTENDER- The Elite vs Devine Fortune

Joshua Taylor vs Mighty Mo

Shocking Matt Hocking vs Frankie Perez

Thanks guys! Always glad to have your support, I'm pretty excited to have this back up-and-running. I took on too much at once before and got burnt out quickly, but I have too many good stories to tell in Wonderland to give up on this one. May could be the hottest month of 2020 in TCW with Total Mayhem just around the corner!

Good show as always. Love the new layout.

I'm still super into this Chord/Taylor vs RDJ thing. I can only imagine the plans you have for the blowoff there!

Solid show. Echoing Dalton in that your story with RDJ and the bastards of Chord/Taylor is terrific.

Chuffed to see this back in action, fella

Give Gauge all the gold!