Remo Richardson

Not sure if this warrants a whole thread, but looking through the default data I was surprised when searching by the hardcore stat the the most hardcore wrestler in the entire universe is Remo.

Has there ever been an in character explanation or storyline that spells this out a little bit? I was originally thinking that maybe this is a reflection of the game world. DAVE shutting down in 2007 closed a pipeline for hardcore wrestlers that PSW wasn't able to immediately fill. But GSW and IPW have been around for almost a decade now as well so you'd think some hardcore wrestlers would be in their prime.

I just think it's a little funny that a 19 year veteran, true born SWF product is the best hardcore wrestler in the game.

Any thoughts?

If you want an in game explanation, then we have to kinda stretch the line a bit and use our imagination, but if asked, who will most people say is the most hardcore wrestler of all time? Mick Foley will get that award. But I can name a bunch of wrestlers who are more hardcore then him, Jun Kasai just off the top of my head for example, but nobody knows who Jun Kasai is. But everyone knows who Mick Foley is.

I get it, this isn't exactly what you're asking, but this is the closest I can come up with.

If you want an in game explanation, then we have to kinda stretch the line a bit and use our imagination, but if asked, who will most people say is the most hardcore wrestler of all time? Mick Foley will get that award. But I can name a bunch of wrestlers who are more hardcore then him, Jun Kasai just off the top of my head for example, but nobody knows who Jun Kasai is. But everyone knows who Mick Foley is.

I get it, this isn't exactly what you're asking, but this is the closest I can come up with.

Wouldn't your example just reflect in the game with Kasai having a higher Hardcore stat but lower popularity?

Maybe Remos hardcore is so high because he has never had to do hardcore wrestling that much if that makes any sense. Guys like Chris Caulfield, Freddie Datsun, Johnny Martin and Nemesis (Rip) probably had a higher hardcore stat when they were in their primes but because they are battered from doing hardcore wrestling they can't wrestle hardcore as well as they could. But seems Remo was never in that environment, his didn't drop or decay because he would still be in good shape and wouldn't be a physical wreck like the other guys I mentioned.

It is kinda odd.

I'd put it down to Remo not necessarily being the most Hardcore but just the best at it. Timing. Ideas. Execution. Creativity. Not what he does but how he does it. Maximum effect with minimum harm. A lot of this would crossover into Psychology, but maybe he's merely smart when it comes to normal matches, and a genius with weapons. And maybe that's been a largely untapped skill all of these years.

It is odd though.

It is kinda odd.

I'd put it down to Remo not necessarily being the most Hardcore but just the best at it. Timing. Ideas. Execution. Creativity. Not what he does but how he does it. Maximum effect with minimum harm. A lot of this would crossover into Psychology, but maybe he's merely smart when it comes to normal matches, and a genius with weapons. And maybe that's been a largely untapped skill all of these years.

It is odd though.

This is my thought on it. I've always perceived Remo is as this incredibly physically punishing worker. I think he is (or was) even described that way in his bio so its not exactly a stretch. So like Lesnar without the MMA-ness, a slimmer Vader in his prime, or even a more athletic Stan Hansen. He can just brutalize an opponent in a regular match. So make it a hardcore match or a street fight and it just FITS his natural punishing style.

I mean it's a bit presumptuous to think that SWF hasn't been doing any hardcore or violent matches during Remo's tenure. Let's not act like they are USPW or something.

The SWF style I would say most closely resembles early 00's WWE. Plenty of room for hardcore matches and violent brawls even if it isn't the promotion's basis.