Walter Sobchak's Graphics & What Have You...

Thank you for creating a render for Cheetah Boy that doesn't make him look like the entertainment at a kid's birthday - MAW was the only non-Aussie promotion I used to play, but once Cheetah Boy inexplicably became not only a member of the roster but one of their key figures I completely lost interest. How on Earth is he supposed to be on equal footing with Greg Gauge?

Great job with the reimagining of him. It's kind of my weak spots, and one of the things I like about your renders is you went out of your way to either further develop some of these wrestler's personalities, or give them a new creative gimmick.

• Like 2

So decided to go all out on some of my performance center graduates...allow me to introduce Rodney Bonnar and his older brother Vernon...

THAT'S BON-NUR TO YOU!

High Class & White Trash 

High Class & White Trash.png

Rodney Bonnar (19 year old, Middleweight, Regular Wrestler) & Vernon Bonnar (21 year old, Light Heavyweight, Brawler)

Rodney Bonnar.jpg   Vernon Bonnar_alt.jpg

Edited by WalterSobchak
  • Like 3

On 11/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, John Lions said:

Thank you for creating a render for Cheetah Boy that doesn't make him look like the entertainment at a kid's birthday - MAW was the only non-Aussie promotion I used to play, but once Cheetah Boy inexplicably became not only a member of the roster but one of their key figures I completely lost interest. How on Earth is he supposed to be on equal footing with Greg Gauge?

Great job with the reimagining of him. It's kind of my weak spots, and one of the things I like about your renders is you went out of your way to either further develop some of these wrestler's personalities, or give them a new creative gimmick.

Thank you for the kind words! I completely agree with you and I felt the same way. I don't see him as a guy who will make the jump to TCW in my game, but he can be the MAW gatekeeper and the guy that gets the youngins ready fundamentally for the next big step. I also like to keep him heel, so I want him to have a more little edge instead of goofiness. 

Edited by WalterSobchak
  • Like 1

This is quite possibly the best series of renders and logos ive seen combined together. The problem I have is one of pure greed. I cant possibly start a game with some of the older renders of workers for some of the gameworld and these for others.

They are absolutely sublime mate. Incredible, incredible work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Powerful_Fox said:

This is quite possibly the best series of renders and logos ive seen combined together. The problem I have is one of pure greed. I cant possibly start a game with some of the older renders of workers for some of the gameworld and these for others.

They are absolutely sublime mate. Incredible, incredible work.

Thank you @Powerful_Fox !

I completely understand, believe me I feel the same kinda way on my end…in that I wish I could render a bit faster to get back to my save feeling more balanced from a graphic standpoint. That said, my whole goal with this outside of expressing some creativity, is to give the TEW World some new/additional layers, stories, feeling. 

@JayNO had asked last week about my creative process and while I don’t want to really want to bore folks here, I’ll just say that I have long respected the incredibly gifted and creative people on this forum, some of which still come and go making awesome things. They have taken Adam’s creation and continue to pump fresh blood into it regularly and I’m honestly really grateful I’ve had a chance to be a part of this community for the last 15 years. My feeble attempt here has been to just to try and pay back some of that gratitude back to the Content and Daz Gods here and their broad shoulders that have carried us through multiple renditions of this beautiful quirky thing we all love.

I also think TEW continues to maintain a ton of potential for storytelling and hopefully if we are lucky enough to see another rendition it will be able to further take advantage of some of the incredible advancements we are seeing with technology and specially graphic design to give fresh opportunities for diaries, short-form stories, etc. 

I know that’s what drives me. Looking at these worker profiles, thinking through how they fit in the larger landscape, what fun stories could be told with their gimmicks, backgrounds, or histories. That to me in most cases is more important than their stats, grades, etc. Probably one of my largest self-perceived criticisms of the renders I’ve made is well you want or have everybody set to look like a star or this guy looks like a star and the vanilla DB has him at 35 Star Quality. That’s fair and I accept the criticism/feedback, I guess in my eyes, the potential stories just outweigh the reality of the statistics in some cases. Not for everyone I know, but that’s okay too.

In terms of render plans, I’m nearly through MAW, which serves as my child company in my current save. Once finished, likely going to start on QAW for @Harts4Life and then go back to the other Big 2 to put my spin on them before working through the rest of the US. We’ll see how far we can get. Thank you everybody for your interest and for keeping this community alive with your creativity.

Edited by WalterSobchak
  • Like 1