Domino Effects - December 1997 [HYPE THREAD]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of your awesome comments! It's genuinely nice to know that there's a lot of excitement for this mod. We appreciate it.

Happy to help wherever, hit me up.

I'll be in touch, thank you!

The 2016 mod was good but if you take advantage of everything TEW 2020 has to offer this mod can be great. I'm hoping to finally doing an ECW save or be able to do an L2G with the goal of becoming a developmental territory of a major company.

I agree - there's a lot of opportunity with the new features on TEW2020. For example, some of the Japanese tours have been brutal to do (I'm talking to you, All Japan Women's), but it's sure going to be worth it.

Speaking of ECW, the new touring system has allowed us to successfully recreate ECW's Supercards, I.E the likes of CyberSlam, Holiday Hell, House Party, etc. in a way that's rather realistic. During tests, they've mostly filled the ECW arena while holding these events. I don't believe this would have been possible on TEW2016. On TEW 16, they would have had a PPV buy-rate out of it, as well as possibly a bigger attendance IIRC. However, under this model, it allows the likes of yourself and whoever else who plans to book ECW, a more realistic model that is suited to Paul E's at the time - without unrealistic financial and popularity gains. Lastly, if the player isn't playing as ECW, their business model gradually changes in around 1999-2000, in terms of hosting more PPVs like they did in reality, and thus becoming even more profitable. Again, this wouldn't be possible on TEW16.

Going back to PPV buy-rates... during testing, that is truly ECW's main source of income. Furthermore, their buy rates are very similar to the ones they got in real life - even years into testing. I'm very happy with the way ECW are turning out right now. It seems to be emulating a challenge of two fronts: trying to survive and trying to hold on to their stars, while searching for that elusive national cable TV deal (but not TNN, right?). Also, their popularity has been revised. In the light of their WWF exposure, the fact they had done two Pay-Per-Views, and to a lesser extent, their USWA feud, we felt that it was only right they got a boost (we feel the same re: their workers' popularity by the way).

So far, the AI is developing them just right, from the stretch of December 1997, to 2000, during tests.

There's still work to do on ECW. Not just alignments and the loan additions of The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask IV, but I'm also planning to look into their hiring rules (this won't affect/prohibit the player) to replicate them even more, meaning that Paul E will hire younger talent like he did in real life (by and large). During a test, he made Monty Brown a star circa 2001-02, and then the WWF signed him. So there's good signs already on that front!

All in all, ECW should be a very fun experience for those that decide to play as them, or even indirectly use them as a feeder, due to the way they'll be set up with the AI.

An early update!

After some misunderstanding, we now won't be using Genadi's ''Montreal Aftermath'' as a base for Domino Effects. To cut a long story short, Genadi felt that jeronimoe and I were going to pretty much do a full conversion of Montreal Aftermath, without touching any stats or anything else.

However, our plan was always to alter the stats, popularity and many other things, as we feel differently about them. But since English isn't jeronimoe's first language, and as he was the person directly speaking to Genadi rather than me, that message got lost in translation somewhat.

Therefore, this mod will now be pretty much be built from scratch, rather than be used as a base.

Now, this of course will initially push the progress of the mod back, due to a lot more work inevitably being involved. However, the good news is, due to our previous presumption that we were having a free reign, we have already changed a lot of the mod, so it won't be as much work as you would think.

Lastly, there are no hard feelings whatsoever towards Genadi. The whole thing has been a misunderstanding. From his point of view, it's understandable why he wouldn't want somebody coming in and changing all of the stats that he has made. At the end of the day, he is a true pioneer for modding, and we respect his work a lot. On the other hand, we are really excited to be branching out onto our own path with our own identity.

An early update!

After some misunderstanding, we now won't be using Genadi's ''Montreal Aftermath'' as a base for Domino Effects. To cut a long story short, Genadi felt that jeronimoe and I were going to pretty much do a full conversion of Montreal Aftermath, without touching any stats or anything else.

However, our plan was always to alter the stats, popularity and many other things, as we feel differently about them. But since English isn't jeronimoe's first language, and as he was the person directly speaking to Genadi rather than me, that message got lost in translation somewhat.

Therefore, this mod will now be pretty much be built from scratch, rather than be used as a base.

Now, this of course will initially push the progress of the mod back, due to a lot more work inevitably being involved. However, the good news is, due to our previous presumption that we were having a free reign, we have already changed a lot of the mod, so it won't be as much work as you would think.

Lastly, there are no hard feelings whatsoever towards Genadi. The whole thing has been a misunderstanding. From his point of view, it's understandable why he wouldn't want somebody coming in and changing all of the stats that he has made. At the end of the day, he is a true pioneer for modding, and we respect his work a lot. On the other hand, we are really excited to be branching out onto our own path with our own identity.

Thats annoying but Im glad you guys are still working on this. I got hyped as soon as I saw the picture and im sure you guys can do an amazing job with it.

Thats annoying but Im glad you guys are still working on this. I got hyped as soon as I saw the picture and im sure you guys can do an amazing job with it.

Thanks for the support!

It’s a setback for sure, but it may end up being a blessing in disguise in the long run.

Really shocked about the Genadi thing - if you don't mind me asking, why is he so bothered if you edit the stats or not? I'm sure 99% of TEW users edit the data's they download before playing anyway. Genadis stats always seem to be very HIGH and lead to constant match ratings of 99/100... if thats what your into fair enough....

With that being said, it may be better to start from scratch as there will be a level of consistency.

I'm sure you guys are going to release a fantastic mod!! Saddened this new revelation means we will be waiting much longer - but good things come to those who wait!

Really shocked about the Genadi thing - if you don't mind me asking, why is he so bothered if you edit the stats or not? I'm sure 99% of TEW users edit the data's they download before playing anyway. Genadis stats always seem to be very HIGH and lead to constant match ratings of 99/100... if thats what your into fair enough....

It’s tough for me to answer exactly why, but as it is his mod, he is more than entitled to do what he pleases. We wish him the best.

The truth is, this mod was always going to look very different to “Montreal Aftermath” anyway. We planned to do so much, from a brand-new pic pack (which is continuing to look more impressive with each passing day), to stats, popularities, bios and other things.

So, while it’s going to take longer to do, at least it is totally original and any “stigma” if you will, of a base being used, is pretty much broken as a result of this event.

You're more than welcome to use use my 1996 mod as a base or anything from it (Any of my mods in fact), its a few years off your planned start date but could be a better option than having to start from scratch.

Thank you very much!

Following the news that we are starting from scratch, we have already had a few people offer their mods, or parts of their mods, as bases. It is greatly appreciated.