[RELEASE] The YES! Mod - May 2013 1.0

Excited for this mod. Looks like a ton of work went into it and can't wait to play it. I downloaded the most recent version, though, and there are 26 critical errors in the dat. Any idea how that happened and how to fix it? Thanks.

It's because some titles have wrong title start dates. The newest patch put in a block to stop that from happening. BP said he's working on fixing them.

It's because some titles have wrong title start dates. The newest patch put in a block to stop that from happening. BP said he's working on fixing them.

Got it. So, is the previous, error-free version available anywhere? Because this mod is currently unplayable for me due to the errors. Or maybe there's a manual way to fix the errors?

Got it. So, is the previous, error-free version available anywhere? Because this mod is currently unplayable for me due to the errors. Or maybe there's a manual way to fix the errors?

Either wait for BP to post his update or use the editor to fix the errors yourself.

it was a patch to the game, that caused the issue, the mod will be fixed for it soon I'm sure

The patch didn't cause an issue. The errors were already there, they just weren't stopping user from starting a game.

If someone wins a title May 1st 2013, they shouldn't start as champion in this database as it's morning when the game starts. Only things that happen BEFORE the 1st of the month should be counted.

By the time anyone reads this, the first post should be updated with 1.1. I'm running a short test and uploading while typing this.

The big fix is the title belts. I have also switched to Teh_Showtime's Interesting Angle pack (plus a few of my own). The other fixes are what has been mentioned in this thread, plus a few Attributes. Only worked I've added is Dominick Mysterio. Not uploading the picture pack again as it should be good.

I have also included the Intro screen that Asaemon kindly made. I think it looks awesome!

I prefer brand split. That's the way I like to play but I think it's better for AI too.

Had a busy week so haven't got so deep in the game yet. One thing I see is that Shield tag teams aren't set so they have no experience together. They started together late 2012 so they should have some experience by May 2013.

Good catch. Added some experience for the trio.

I prefer brand split as well and looking forward to the update!

Any reason NXT has two tv shows? One is named NXT and the other is WWE NXT. One is taped in four show blocks and the other is one taping

Deleted the 2nd NXT show. Just there in error. Thanks Jaysin!

glad to see this get a full release, even though I found the beta to be near enough perfect for me :D

Appreciate all your hard work BP!

Thanks!

Well, the joshi scene got a lot of additions. Like, a LOT a lot. I'm sure there are still some who are missing but the scene debuts a lot of talent as the gameworld unfolds, so hopefully that makes it even more fun.

Excited for this mod. Looks like a ton of work went into it and can't wait to play it. I downloaded the most recent version, though, and there are 26 critical errors in the data. Any idea how that happened and how to fix it? Thanks.

Either wait for BP to post his update or use the editor to fix the errors yourself.

it was a patch to the game, that caused the issue, the mod will be fixed for it soon I'm sure

The patch didn't cause an issue. The errors were already there, they just weren't stopping user from starting a game.

If someone wins a title May 1st 2013, they shouldn't start as champion in this database as it's morning when the game starts. Only things that happen BEFORE the 1st of the month should be counted.

All 26 errors are corrected on the 1.1 update. And like Jaysin and Jameschaos said, it was the most recent patch that began checking for reigns that started on or after the start date, so first day of May 2013. A lot of the vacant belts and almost all of the annual tournament belts had that because I think the game defaulted to that when they were created, hence the glut of errors.

I get that, I was just explaining to the guy because he didn't seem to understand that these errors only came up after an update to the game, not an update to the mod, I never meant it as it was a bad patch, more saying there is no previous version of the mod that works, because it wasn't a change to the mod that caused these errors to come up, the mod just needs a fix to work with the new patch

By the time anyone reads this, the first post should be updated with 1.1. I'm running a short test and uploading while typing this.

The big fix is the title belts. I have also switched to Teh_Showtime's Interesting Angle pack (plus a few of my own). The other fixes are what has been mentioned in this thread, plus a few Attributes. Only worked I've added is Dominick Mysterio. Not uploading the picture pack again as it should be good.

I have also included the Intro screen that Asaemon kindly made. I think it looks awesome!

Good catch. Added some experience for the trio.

Deleted the 2nd NXT show. Just there in error. Thanks Jaysin!

Thanks!

Well, the joshi scene got a lot of additions. Like, a LOT a lot. I'm sure there are still some who are missing but the scene debuts a lot of talent as the gameworld unfolds, so hopefully that makes it even more fun.

All 26 errors are corrected on the 1.1 update. And like Jaysin and Jameschaos said, it was the most recent patch that began checking for reigns that started on or after the start date, so first day of May 2013. A lot of the vacant belts and almost all of the annual tournament belts had that because I think the game defaulted to that when they were created, hence the glut of errors.

Good to hear thank you for your work on this

Good to hear thank you for your work on this

You're welcome! Just hope folks are enjoying it.

At HWRP's suggestion, I ran a test sim for a few years to see if financial changes made much of a difference. It does look like a few companies struggle a bit longer than they did previously but most seem to end up making money. The companies that do die mostly are ones that actually did die, so I'm not inclined to go overboard to try to keep them active. The one that does go bankrupt that I'd like to keep active is BJW. Going to make a few small tweaks for a (hopefully not anytime soon) 1.2 version.

I've been playing this mod for a few in-game months with a created promotion and it plays very well. I love the work in the bios, the personalities feel great and there's a lot of potential conflict you can add to your dressing room and I've not seen the companies do anything particularly strange (other than the game's typical decision to can half the stables, which happens in every mod, and WWE Raw's bizarre obsession with having Brock Lesnar squash Alex Riley in the semi-main of their show every week).

The only thing I've seen going wrong so far is TNA have plummeted themselves into pretty bad debt. This is on 1.0, so might no longer be accurate, but they're nearly $800,000 in the red despite managing to put on some good shows and go up a size. Looking over their finances, they pretty clearly can't handle their wage bill, but Dixie being Dixie, has been happily signing and re-signing talent, so we'll see how long they last.

I do like the decision to scale back on worker relationships for the most part but I do think there is room to add some in. Just some things I've noted:

- John Hennigan should be in a relationship with Melina at this point I believe. It's widely accepted as the reason his career stalled at this point. Could have a friendship with Miz too.

- Vince Russo should probably be in the data, he would make a secret return as a consultant in TNA in October and that was instrumental in TNA losing their Spike deal. While he's not likely to do much in most saves, having Russo potentially become booker somewhere for an AI company is always fun to see on a save.

- The OMEGA boys should probably have relationships with each other, at least The Hardys/Helms/Moore.

- Ryder, Hawkins and Trent should have a friendship.

- Ron Simmons and JBL should be friends. In general, there's a few veterans in the WWE locker room who could do with some more relationships, positive and negative. There's something a little sad (if perhaps real) about seeing a guy like Kane having no relationships 20 years into the business.

- Pro Wrestling NOAH have put their World Title on Toru Yano. This does not need to be fixed and is in fact a feature.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing this mod for a few in-game months with a created promotion and it plays very well. I love the work in the bios, the personalities feel great and there's a lot of potential conflict you can add to your dressing room and I've not seen the companies do anything particularly strange (other than the game's typical decision to can half the stables, which happens in every mod, and WWE Raw's bizarre obsession with having Brock Lesnar squash Alex Riley in the semi-main of their show every week).

The only thing I've seen going wrong so far is TNA have plummeted themselves into pretty bad debt. This is on 1.0, so might no longer be accurate, but they're nearly $800,000 in the red despite managing to put on some good shows and go up a size. Looking over their finances, they pretty clearly can't handle their wage bill, but Dixie being Dixie, has been happily signing and re-signing talent, so we'll see how long they last.

I do like the decision to scale back on worker relationships for the most part but I do think there is room to add some in. Just some things I've noted:

- John Hennigan should be in a relationship with Melina at this point I believe. It's widely accepted as the reason his career stalled at this point. Could have a friendship with Miz too.

- Vince Russo should probably be in the data, he would make a secret return as a consultant in TNA in October and that was instrumental in TNA losing their Spike deal. While he's not likely to do much in most saves, having Russo potentially become booker somewhere for an AI company is always fun to see on a save.

- The OMEGA boys should probably have relationships with each other, at least The Hardys/Helms/Moore.

- Ryder, Hawkins and Trent should have a friendship.

- Ron Simmons and JBL should be friends. In general, there's a few veterans in the WWE locker room who could do with some more relationships, positive and negative. There's something a little sad (if perhaps real) about seeing a guy like Kane having no relationships 20 years into the business.

- Pro Wrestling NOAH have put their World Title on Toru Yano. This does not need to be fixed and is in fact a feature.

Really tickled to read that you are enjoying things. And also that things seem to be rolling pretty well.

The TNA finances are somewhat intentional. Back then, there were still stories about them not paying some talent and failing to help out with medical bills for talent hurt in the ring. At the same time as they were paying big money to Hogan, Bischoff, etc. The idea being is that if someone wants to run TNA, they have some decisions to make, money-wise. That said, the AI will almost always turn things around. I can't recall the last time I saw a test sim where TNA failed. I would actually like to have them with a failure risk of 10-20% but they generally seem to survive.

I've added the relationships you suggested. And added Russo. I'm not his biggest fan so its not the kindest biography I've written.

I don't disagree on it feeling a bit weird to see someone who's been with a company for years with few relationships. But how I've started to look at it is that TEW doesn't replicate the most basic positive and negative relationships that exist in a workplace. Loads of people in any work place have standard positive relationships - someone they might consider a friend and even hang out with, but its not a strong enough relationship that they are going to quit to follow that friend to another job. And the inverse is true - most of us have coworkers we dislike to some degree or don't get along with but most of those situations don't have a toxic impact on the workplace environment. The relationships that TEW provides are stronger and they have a big impact. So that's another reason I go with a more minimal approach.

The New Japan guys in Noah is...not ideal. But they were on the roster, so....

The TNA finances are somewhat intentional. Back then, there were still stories about them not paying some talent and failing to help out with medical bills for talent hurt in the ring. At the same time as they were paying big money to Hogan, Bischoff, etc.

The contracts of the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, etc were payed for by Spike rather than TNA, so the wage bill shouldn't be made an issue for them imo.

Not really that big of a deal, but Shane and Stephanie McMahon have a higher default starting reputation than Vince

The WCW Invasion worked I guess lmao

Do you mean booking reputation? I checked and he had a strong Reputation... which is debateable lol

Same with me even though he has 4-5 in the picture folder. When I go to change it gives me an error message that stops the game.

Weird. That sounds like a corrupted image. I was able to change the image without issue in the Pre Game Editor. Maybe try that? Otherwise, I will be uploading a new version in the not-too-distant future. Just getting some workers into the data. Its not going to have a lot different which is why I'm not rushing to get it out, but the Ziggles image should be corrected.

The contracts of the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, etc were payed for by Spike rather than TNA, so the wage bill shouldn't be made an issue for them imo.

True. But... the network paying for even a portion of contracts doesn't really replicate in TEW. Same as late era WCW having all its stars contracted to the parent corporation instead of the promotion itself.

The contracts for those workers being large is a compromise. Its generally accepted that throughout almost the entire ownership of TNA by Panda Energy, the company struggled to make money. I know there is inherent risk in 100% believing dirt sheets and the stories of disgruntled former employees. But when there are so many examples, its hard to ignore. There are boundless stories of TNA paying talent very poorly or being late on paying them. Stories about them refusing to pay for costs associated with injuries suffered by their performers. Looking for investors. They moved to a weird PPV model around this time (which also doesn't replicate in TEW) because PPV buyrates for most of their PPVs were negligible. A few years after this, they were forced out of the company headquarters and had to set up in their merch warehouse. Everything points to a company struggling to be profitable.

Setting up a company to be successful but not easily successful is not the easiest thing in TEW. I could have just set them up without making finances a concern, so the company would easily make 5-10m per year. But that felt really unrealistic and ignoring a reality about the company. That was one thing I always felt impacted my immersion in TEW mods from this era - TEW would generally turn into an absolute monster company and the clear #2 behind the WWE, because they were loaded with talent, set up for success, and many of the issues that kept real TNA from doing that weren't things that happened in TEW.

As it stands, the AI booking TNA will lose money for about the first year and then start to turn things around be profitable. That's without making a lot of cuts. A user booking TNA can easily do the same, and potentially become profitable more quickly by making some personnel decisions. It pushes the user to make a decision and I think that's realistic. A user won't have significant funds to open a big development company, sign up huge numbers of indy workers, or open a performance center. But if someone wants to backstory TNA being "bought out" by someone rich, they can always do some editing so they have the funds available to do those things.

So those contracts being big and leveraged onto TNA itself isn't 100% accurate, but its a way to recreate the money dynamics that TNA did legitimately face at the time.

Looking forward to trying this out, really enjoyed this era of WWE. Thanks for all your hard work.

Thank you, good sir.

I don't know what a compromise would be, but the contract status of the BOSJ tour guys is difficult because they'll just end up sticking around. Ideally you could just give them 2 month contracts but that's not an option in the game since it jumps from 1 to 3. Another option would be scrapping them altogether since the tourney didn't start until the last week of May. The AI only runs one day for the actual tourney (June), and the user could be in control of the field in that case (and not have to run a month of shows with them in the locker room doing stuff).

Neither is ideal but I think the larger game world would be better off if some of those guys didnt have NJPW obligations most of the year (namely Omega and Ricochet).

Some other additions:

KENTA- Troublesome knee, should also have relationship with Kobashi (mentor)

Hiroshi Tanahashi- Can't play Underdog for some reason?

Christopher Daniels- Future road agent

Kevin Steen & Rami Sebi are best friends

Changing Brock Lesnar's show control to only Events would ensure he wont just wrestling on every week of tv, as he seems to be.

Would also choose "fixed titles" for essentially every small promotion but that's a personal thing because I hate the AI creating fake titles. This is a really great mod.

<p>Decided to run a watcher (With Free pics removed to ensure the existing free agent pool gets a fair shake.) and hoo boy, things have gotten interesting.</p><p> </p><p>

NJPW got hit with a Yakuza scandal in 2014 and have stagnated HARD. As a result AJPW, NOAH and DG have all closed the gap in Japan (With the former poaching a handful of NJPW's roster - including Naito and Ibushi.)</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile stateside, Vince passed on in May 2015 and Triple H has wasted very little time in bringing his vision to the main roster. Some very indyriffic signings, coupled with a few classic "looking out for the boys" ones (*coughX-Paccoughcough*) and a megapush for Cesaro (No, seriously. I looked at his match history and his singles push very much coincides with Hunter taking the reins.)</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile a few suggested changes:</p><p> </p><p>

Batista - Shorten his starting absence; he returned in January 2014.</p><p>

Tam Nakano - Not a Stardom dojo graduate.</p><p>

Ruaka - Graduated from Stardom's dojo, not Ice Ribbon.</p><p>

Jungle Kyona - Race should be set to Asian, not Hispanic.</p><p>

Natsuko Tora - Better as a Heel.</p>

I don't know what a compromise would be, but the contract status of the BOSJ tour guys is difficult because they'll just end up sticking around. Ideally you could just give them 2 month contracts but that's not an option in the game since it jumps from 1 to 3. Another option would be scrapping them altogether since the tourney didn't start until the last week of May. The AI only runs one day for the actual tourney (June), and the user could be in control of the field in that case (and not have to run a month of shows with them in the locker room doing stuff).

Neither is ideal but I think the larger game world would be better off if some of those guys didnt have NJPW obligations most of the year (namely Omega and Ricochet).

Some other additions:

KENTA- Troublesome knee, should also have relationship with Kobashi (mentor)

Hiroshi Tanahashi- Can't play Underdog for some reason?

Christopher Daniels- Future road agent

Kevin Steen & Rami Sebi are best friends

Changing Brock Lesnar's show control to only Events would ensure he wont just wrestling on every week of tv, as he seems to be.

Would also choose "fixed titles" for essentially every small promotion but that's a personal thing because I hate the AI creating fake titles. This is a really great mod.

I really appreciate the bolded and am tickled you are enjoying it.

I've adjusted pretty much all of these. Not sure why a couple weren't in there, like Steen and Generico/Sebi.

I dropped the NJ contracts for Omega, Ricochet, and Titan. Decent chance Omega and Ibushi get signed by NJ anyway but at least it leaves them in DDT for awhile.

I had toyed with different contract stips for Brock a long while back and it seemed like the AI would still use him regularly on TV, but I just tried and its working as intended. That will make WWE TV look a bit more proper.

I'm not sure on the locking titles, as lost of the smallest companies have just one or two titles, but could legit add more as they grow.

How does ROH "play", from a financial aspect? Does it bleed money, given its contracts?

Not really, no. Its a similar arc to TNA but on a short time-span. Just ran a pair of watcher sims to check out the finances of a few companies. ROH lost money for about 3-4 months, but not on a large scale. Then they became profitable - again, not on a huge scale in that direction either. That's without the AI signing up tons of indy talent, so if you do that, dynamics will be a bit different.

The frustrating part of running ROH will be dealing with Sinclair's ownership. Good luck with that.

Decided to run a watcher (With Free pics removed to ensure the existing free agent pool gets a fair shake.) and hoo boy, things have gotten interesting.

NJPW got hit with a Yakuza scandal in 2014 and have stagnated HARD. As a result AJPW, NOAH and DG have all closed the gap in Japan (With the former poaching a handful of NJPW's roster - including Naito and Ibushi.)

Meanwhile stateside, Vince passed on in May 2015 and Triple H has wasted very little time in bringing his vision to the main roster. Some very indyriffic signings, coupled with a few classic "looking out for the boys" ones (*coughX-Paccoughcough*) and a megapush for Cesaro (No, seriously. I looked at his match history and his singles push very much coincides with Hunter taking the reins.)

Meanwhile a few suggested changes:

Batista - Shorten his starting absence; he returned in January 2014.

Tam Nakano - Not a Stardom dojo graduate.

Ruaka - Graduated from Stardom's dojo, not Ice Ribbon.

Jungle Kyona - Race should be set to Asian, not Hispanic.

Natsuko Tora - Better as a Heel.

LOL those two things would definitely shakeup the game world. I like that things can evolve differently.

I've made those adjustments. Thanks and keep em coming if you spot more!

Tony Garea is set to have 0 experience which makes him an awful road agent.

Adjusted. Thanks for catching it.

Couple things I noticed about Vince McMahon if nobody else has caught them yet:

- His experience stat is set to 0 even though he's wrestled before and was a part of some huge storylines throughout WWE's history.

- His commentary (colour and announcing) is set to 0, even though he used to be a commentator for ~20 years. Even though he doesn't do that anymore, he could probably still hold his own commentating a match or two nowadays.

One thing about the match file is that various tournament matches are set to default so the auto booker will book me BOSJ matches between random WWE monsters.

Ashley Miller>Audrey Marie

Dean Muhtadi> Mojo Rawley

Both have alter egos but are set to their defaults for their NXT contracts

Michael Cole and John Laurinaitis have announcer experience instead of John Layfield (Adequate)

WWE's merchandising levels should be way up, probably max. They have had items out for the most obscure of roster members.

Still liking the challenge the stats give after a couple of runs. I think momentum and gimmick bonuses are few and far between to start, which is where a game really gets steamrolling in my opinion. Also did a watcher and saw a lot of random gens going straight to the big promotions so I've turned graduation off