[RELEASE] The YES! Mod - May 2013 1.0

My tips for TNA:

- First priority is sorting out the locker room, it is very easy for it to spiral out of control and ruin your shows and your only option will be to burn the locker room to the ground and start over (which you can't really afford to do). Guys like Joey Ryan and Morgan are good targets for immediate release but you don't have the money to go on a mad firing spree. I'd send Brooke Hogan and Garrett Bischoff on a paid vacation until their contracts expire, they are terrible influences and love to drag their parents into their incidents, and once Hogan and Bischoff are in a bad mood, you're in trouble. Hire a bunch of cheap positive influences on open contracts to serve as bodies to beat on Xplosion and maybe later build up as stars. Put your starting stats into managing talent and the locker room (and negotiation) and don't be afraid to invest in things like catering and massages to keep morale high, you're losing money regardless so it isn't the worst thing. Be aware that Dixie (who I personally switch to a Needy personality as that seems to be the best fit IMO) will expect to be on most PPVs and TV here and there so just have her stand in the background of scenes to keep her good.

- Run two PPVs a month. It sounds mad and honestly a little exploitative but your only hope of staying on Spike is getting the company back to Medium fast so you can actually talk to them and get them to shift you to a better timeslot. Plus most of your talent are on written contracts so you A: want to have them working as much as possible and B: want to get back doing house shows to make use of that. Losing TV isn't the end of the world, my current save I didn't start doing two PPVs soon enough and lost TV after a bad show. It does mean no TV for a year and no Spike for 5 but I went back to old school weekly PPVs and cut costs.

- Booking-wise, the whole company is honestly a mess but you've still got a lot of key talent. Use Hogan, Bischoff and Sting in angles, they're guaranteed great scores and can help boost up your young guys. Bully can be a pain but if he's happy, he's usually OK and teaming him with Devon again can make for some of your strongest TV main events. Make sure you are booking to your product as if you're not the owner, Dixie likely won't let you change it and some aspects of it can trip you up, fans usually turn on any match past 15 minutes and your women's division is all eye candy despite having some great in-ring talents (although will still get strong ratings). I wouldn't invest in your troublemakers too much, trying to build up Aries will likely blow up in your face. Remember to bring Jarrett back to the ring, he can still go and put some guys over.

- Check and keep track of when the big contracts run out. There seems to be a little bit of randomness in this, so sometimes you might be waiting a while for certain talents, other times you can get lucky. King Mo has a big contract and will likely never return from MMA in time to even appear for you, Hogan should be let go when the contract expires and certain talents can be negotiated down a significant degree with written pay-per-appearances, Sting for example went from $75,000 a month to $1,500 a show, so the moment you get the option, decide what you want to do with that talent. It took me six months to turn a profit and another three on top to be back in a positive bank balance. Note that OVW will almost certainly break the developmental deal after the first month so you'll be receiving an influx of dev talent to your roster, so you'll have plenty of bodies to play with.

Over a year into my save, TNA is back on TV, nearly 2 million in the bank, safely at Medium status and have signed recent WWE departees Rey Mysterio and Cody Rhodes to join a roster of 67 workers. So it is absolutely doable and very rewarding to pull off but you do have to really nail those first few months.

Awesome post and some great advice.

I have mentioned that I'm tweaking some things for the next release that will impact those playing as TNA. The massive contracts won't be disappearing though as its meant to emulate the money troubles TNA had around this point.

First of all, thank you so much for doing this, I can't imagine how much time this must have took.

I really enjoy the general balancing thus far and I'm having a hard (but fun) time trying to not lose too much money with ROH. When I'm a little more advanced I will go more into detail about things I've encountered.

A small tidbit is the title history of Survival of the Fittest as Elgin is listed as winning in 2018, not 2011. But other than that just here to give my kudos to you!

You are most welcome. And yes, it did take a huge amount of time and plenty of help from others. Survival of the Fittest corrected.

Update on Update: I was hoping to have the next update out in August, partly because I had a month-long trip but I got a bit too ambitious on the tweaks. I just finished them and am running some tests. I will also look to add a few more future workers but I'm hoping to release it fairly soon. I don't imagine I'll be adding more than a handful as you can keep adding "one or two more" forever.

Update on Update: I was hoping to have the next update out in August, partly because I had a month-long trip but I got a bit too ambitious on the tweaks. I just finished them and am running some tests. I will also look to add a few more future workers but I'm hoping to release it fairly soon. I don't imagine I'll be adding more than a handful as you can keep adding "one or two more" forever.

Funny timing here,

I came on to the board specifically to look if there was any recent updates before I started a new game with the mod. LOL

I guess I should hold off just a bit?

Funny timing here,

I came on to the board specifically to look if there was any recent updates before I started a new game with the mod. LOL

I guess I should hold off just a bit?

Well, if you can hang on for a few days... still running the test sims and those look okay so far. Don't think I've buffed anyone to the point of them being overpowered, which is mainly what I wanted to avoid. I don't expect I'll be adding a significant number of future workers. Just a few who are becoming more active on AEW, basically.

Well, if you can hang on for a few days... still running the test sims and those look okay so far. Don't think I've buffed anyone to the point of them being overpowered, which is mainly what I wanted to avoid. I don't expect I'll be adding a significant number of future workers. Just a few who are becoming more active on AEW, basically.

Well, if you need a second set of eyes to help test... Holla at ya boy. ;)

Some suggestions for current/future workers:

Austin Idol (as a manager)

Brian Zane

Dan Lambert

Eli Isom

Jennacide

Kamille

Larry Legend

Leo Brien

Lizzy Evo

Matthew Mims

Megan Bayne

Mike Patrick

Missy Hyatt (could be a good backstage personality or valet for indies)

Quinn McKay

Rok-C

Slice Boogie

'Smart' Mark Sterling

Terri Runnels (see Missy Hyatt)

In other notes, Jim Mitchell needs popularity - as he currently has 0 pop in every part of the world. I'd suggest 25 in the US as a start.

I'd recommend boosting John Hennigan's US pop to around 45 - but you might have your own views on that. It stood out to me when I saw the US pops of Beth Phoenix, Bobby Roode, MVP and Sean Waltman.

Maybe tone down Carly Colon from 45 US pop (but keep his PR pop in tact, of course).

Would consider changing Bobby Heenan to 'left the business'. I love The Brain, but by this point his condition had deteriorated so badly that I don't think it's appropriate to have him as apart of the business in TEW terms; he was limited to doing fan conventions during 2013 until his death.

Tick the manager role for MVP, R.D Evans, Shiima Xion and Steve Corino.

Tick the road agent role for Steve Corino.

Future road agent for Mickie James, Nick Aldis, Tommy Mercer and Trevor Murdoch.

Future colour commentator for Caprice Coleman.

Add undemanding attribute to Cary Silkin and Bobby Cruise - the CPU or player normally doesn't have use for them - so I feel this is the best way of feasibly keeping them on the roster rather than them moaning/stinking up morale and then getting released.

Also, happy to be proven wrong by anyone that also watched ROH in 2013, but I think the following were actually faces at the time: Adam Cole, BJ Whitmer, Jay Lethal, Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong and Tommaso Ciampa. All of them are currently listed as heels.

More ROH notes: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander were teaming up as 'C&C Wrestle Factory'.

Matt Hardy was apart of SCUM at this time. They centered the stable around him at that point; they had just kicked Steen out and Hardy was their golden boy, with Corino still as the driving force & mouth piece - just to give you an idea when giving him a stable role.

Jimmy Jacobs was still apart of SCUM. He and Corino were hand in glove.

Rhino was also still apart of SCUM. Muscle-type role.

Cary Silkin is listed as a 24-year-old. While I'm sure he'd love for that to be true, he was actually born in November 1959 (according to WrestlingInc).

The massive contracts are absolutely necessary and have forced me to book smarter with the talent I have, which I love.

A couple of small things I noticed:

- Billy Corgan is set to be active in the ring.

- Christopher Daniels has hair

- The Von Erich brothers (Marshall and Ross) don't have a family relationship

- Lucha Underground when they debut have popularity in the Tri State but are based in the South West, so they start at Insignificant level

A lot of smaller companies do end up selling dojos and arenas they own a few months in I found, which is a shame, especially for companies like CHIKARA that are basically wrestling school promotions. I don't know if there's really an easy answer to that though.

The broadcaster selection might need tweaking. I'm a little stuck currently in my TNA save as with Spike not an option for another four years and WWE taking the one slot on SyFy, I can only take deals with broadcasters that have small coverage, which puts a cap now on how far I can grow. Most of the broadcasters with medium coverage require me to be a Big company but at best, it'll be a long slog to get to that point without having that coverage as I'm stuck as a low Medium company. Similar patterns repeat internationally - WWE hogs the Sky Sports slots and I'm not quite popular enough in the UK otherwise, broadcasters like City want me to nearly be at Medium level in Canada to offer Very Small coverage there for example. It does seem to limit the growth of smaller companies too who end up signing with YouTube, losing money on that deal and not really progressing.

Of note, Punk's contract did come up and he ended up re-signing with the WWE. WWE keep rising and falling between Medium and Big, they have great PPVs with their core main event talent but struggle with the weekly TV. They have done a good job building up certain talents though, Ziggler is pretty over, Sami Zayn & Tyson Kidd have been pushed hard, R-Truth is rising up the card and anytime they put Bryan in the main event, they have a great show. MOTY this year is likely to be a random Daniel Bryan vs. R-Truth match on Smackdown. They even brought Regal up from NXT and have pushed him into the main event. They did let Undertaker go so I will be interested to see how WWE responds as more of their top talent gets older, since The Shield has just kinda languished in the midcard.

• 2 weeks later...
Some suggestions for current/future workers:

Austin Idol (as a manager)

Brian Zane

Dan Lambert

Eli Isom

Jennacide

Kamille

Larry Legend

Leo Brien

Lizzy Evo

Matthew Mims

Megan Bayne

Mike Patrick

Missy Hyatt (could be a good backstage personality or valet for indies)

Quinn McKay

Rok-C

Slice Boogie

'Smart' Mark Sterling

Terri Runnels (see Missy Hyatt)

In other notes, Jim Mitchell needs popularity - as he currently has 0 pop in every part of the world. I'd suggest 25 in the US as a start.

I'd recommend boosting John Hennigan's US pop to around 45 - but you might have your own views on that. It stood out to me when I saw the US pops of Beth Phoenix, Bobby Roode, MVP and Sean Waltman.

Maybe tone down Carly Colon from 45 US pop (but keep his PR pop in tact, of course).

Would consider changing Bobby Heenan to 'left the business'. I love The Brain, but by this point his condition had deteriorated so badly that I don't think it's appropriate to have him as apart of the business in TEW terms; he was limited to doing fan conventions during 2013 until his death.

Tick the manager role for MVP, R.D Evans, Shiima Xion and Steve Corino.

Tick the road agent role for Steve Corino.

Future road agent for Mickie James, Nick Aldis, Tommy Mercer and Trevor Murdoch.

Future colour commentator for Caprice Coleman.

Add undemanding attribute to Cary Silkin and Bobby Cruise - the CPU or player normally doesn't have use for them - so I feel this is the best way of feasibly keeping them on the roster rather than them moaning/stinking up morale and then getting released.

Also, happy to be proven wrong by anyone that also watched ROH in 2013, but I think the following were actually faces at the time: Adam Cole, BJ Whitmer, Jay Lethal, Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong and Tommaso Ciampa. All of them are currently listed as heels.

More ROH notes: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander were teaming up as 'C&C Wrestle Factory'.

Matt Hardy was apart of SCUM at this time. They centered the stable around him at that point; they had just kicked Steen out and Hardy was their golden boy, with Corino still as the driving force & mouth piece - just to give you an idea when giving him a stable role.

Jimmy Jacobs was still apart of SCUM. He and Corino were hand in glove.

Rhino was also still apart of SCUM. Muscle-type role.

Cary Silkin is listed as a 24-year-old. While I'm sure he'd love for that to be true, he was actually born in November 1959 (according to WrestlingInc).

Some great feedback, as always. Thanks!

All integrated. Added the suggested workers that I could find cuts for. Will have to cut some for the others.

The massive contracts are absolutely necessary and have forced me to book smarter with the talent I have, which I love.

A couple of small things I noticed:

- Billy Corgan is set to be active in the ring.

- Christopher Daniels has hair

- The Von Erich brothers (Marshall and Ross) don't have a family relationship

- Lucha Underground when they debut have popularity in the Tri State but are based in the South West, so they start at Insignificant level

A lot of smaller companies do end up selling dojos and arenas they own a few months in I found, which is a shame, especially for companies like CHIKARA that are basically wrestling school promotions. I don't know if there's really an easy answer to that though.

The broadcaster selection might need tweaking. I'm a little stuck currently in my TNA save as with Spike not an option for another four years and WWE taking the one slot on SyFy, I can only take deals with broadcasters that have small coverage, which puts a cap now on how far I can grow. Most of the broadcasters with medium coverage require me to be a Big company but at best, it'll be a long slog to get to that point without having that coverage as I'm stuck as a low Medium company. Similar patterns repeat internationally - WWE hogs the Sky Sports slots and I'm not quite popular enough in the UK otherwise, broadcasters like City want me to nearly be at Medium level in Canada to offer Very Small coverage there for example. It does seem to limit the growth of smaller companies too who end up signing with YouTube, losing money on that deal and not really progressing.

Of note, Punk's contract did come up and he ended up re-signing with the WWE. WWE keep rising and falling between Medium and Big, they have great PPVs with their core main event talent but struggle with the weekly TV. They have done a good job building up certain talents though, Ziggler is pretty over, Sami Zayn & Tyson Kidd have been pushed hard, R-Truth is rising up the card and anytime they put Bryan in the main event, they have a great show. MOTY this year is likely to be a random Daniel Bryan vs. R-Truth match on Smackdown. They even brought Regal up from NXT and have pushed him into the main event. They did let Undertaker go so I will be interested to see how WWE responds as more of their top talent gets older, since The Shield has just kinda languished in the midcard.

Also tweaked as suggested. I have made a couple small changes to the broadcasters so there should be a couple more options for a company like TNA. And realized I didn't have the narrative to change the name to Impact Wrestling in the data so that's added now as well. I left off the few months they went by Global Force Wrestling as that was a giant hot mess.

Update on the Update

Very much intended to be done and have it posted already. But I ended up making some suggested tweaks to spread out the top-level Primary skills a bit more. That doesn't mean you suddenly have oodles of wrestlers with 90+ Brawling or Aerial... but a few more. I've also been running some tests to ensure the stability hasn't been altered. No indication of that so far. Ran one test up to 2020 the other day. Still see the same standard things - NJPW and WWE dominate the lists. Talent that has developed into top class talent generally does, but they don't always get a stage to shine fully (Omega buried in the NJPW mid-card, for example). There always ends up being a few wonky names up there - upper midcard types for those two companies that either work in lots of matches with top level talent or are young enough to develop into top level workers themselves. I'm not a fan of trying to manipulate the potential development of everyone to that degree so I'm kinda okay with it. As for new stars, there ends up being a bit of blockage because you can't recreate all the factors that created spaces - injuries (Daniel Bryan, Shibata, Barrett) and departures (Ryback, Punk, etc).

• 2 weeks later...
I was so excited that you bumped this and then broken hearted :p

Apologies, good sir. Was not my intent. And this post is probably going to do it again...

This is taking longer than anticipated so I figured I would mention what is being added...

• tweaked the Primary skills for some top level workers
  • tweaked some broadcasters
  • made the corrections noted by HWRP and any others posted in here
  • added the workers that HWRP mentioned. Potentially adding more. Current count is 2866
  • adding agers

Its that last one that's taking time. For awhile, I was adding Ager entries in the DB as I added the workers, but I stopped... which I now regret. I'm going back and adding them. But at the same time, I'm looking for newer pics I can add to the pic pack from the latest SAMPP update. It is not a quick process. I've just been doing reverse alphabetical but will probably switch to focusing on more "notable" workers first. Because its going to take awhile to get them all in and I don't want to delay things that much more.

• 2 weeks later...

1.04 Release

See Link in First Post

What has been added / changed:

• added workers. Somewhere around 30-50 added workers, mostly yet-to-debut
  • tweaks, including the Primary Skills of some workers and added some Attributes. A few popularity tweaks
  • tweaked a few broadcasters, which should add a few more options for companies like TNA
  • tweaked the TNA broadcast deal with Spike
  • added somewhere around 750 Agers
  • other suggested tweaks, adjustments, and corrections in this thread

Apologies for the delay. I meant to have this out in the late summer and its almost winter. Still more I want to do but I can keep picking away at things forever.

I was thinking of starting an AEW save from scratch with this mod and while it is 5+ years early, it's seemingly not possible to tempt TNT or Chris Jericho (if he wasn't under contract) to join at the start, IDK what the solution to this would be other than if you don't want to majorly rework broadcasters, you could give AEW TNT and any other broadcasters they have/had right from the start with a long term contract with the idea being by the time it runs out you will be large enough size to re-negotiate, is this something I would have to manually add as I can imagine you may not be able to have broadcasting deals for a company and subsequently a show that is yet to debut, if so I would love any tips for what to edit manually to make this possible and as accurate to real life with the exception of it being 5+ years early, and you could add an "If you intend to book AEW" to the original post for anyone else with the same idea.

I was thinking of starting an AEW save from scratch with this mod and while it is 5+ years early, it's seemingly not possible to tempt TNT or Chris Jericho (if he wasn't under contract) to join at the start, IDK what the solution to this would be other than if you don't want to majorly rework broadcasters, you could give AEW TNT and any other broadcasters they have/had right from the start with a long term contract with the idea being by the time it runs out you will be large enough size to re-negotiate, is this something I would have to manually add as I can imagine you may not be able to have broadcasting deals for a company and subsequently a show that is yet to debut, if so I would love any tips for what to edit manually to make this possible and as accurate to real life with the exception of it being 5+ years early, and you could add an "If you intend to book AEW" to the original post for anyone else with the same idea.

Editing the database manually should be easy.

Just open AEW in companies. If AEW is not there in future promotions, import it from RWC. It will have a start date, 2018 or 2019 or something, change that, so it is in one month before this database starts. Then create Dynamite in TV shows/events and just manually give them contract with TNT. Then delete the WWE/NXT contract of guys you want from WWE. On the company page, add TK and rest of the guys like Jericho, which you want on your start to AEW and give them a written contract of the length you want.

Start the game and go from there, as you can balance the data in editor as you get the feel of promotion.

SanX has the right of it - the only real way to do it is to set things up in advance in the Full (Pre-Game) Editor.

AEW is in the data so you just have to move forward the Open Date so the company is active when the save starts. You can even have Tony Kahn as owner - just need to move his Debut date up and change his ownership status in AEW.

I would probably go as far as setting the company up with broadcast deals and any wrestlers you really want them to have.

By memory, both TNT and TBS are set to be against wrestling, which changes around the time AEW actually got deals. Might want to adjust that so its possible to keep broadcast deals you pre-set.

The starting popularity of AEW is meant to be a mix between what they were at with what is workable in TEW terms. Its not high end to land a prime free agent like Chris Jericho in 2013. Hence you might want to add specific workers you really want. You could also bump the popularity of AEW but then that increases the show grade requirements, etc.

If you aren't used to editing, it takes some experimenting. The Data Check will find any errors you create - just read what it tells you and fix each one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another few things I've noticed:

- None of Jericho's tag teams are included (Lance, Christian, Big Show)

- Shane McMahon's age is wrong by 7 years (born in 1970 rather than 77)

- R-Truth's age is wrong (born in Jan not June)

- Some WWE announcers experience is missing (JR & Foley, Cole & Foley, Cole & Booker etc.)

- Wyatt Family tag experience missing

Another few things I've noticed:

- None of Jericho's tag teams are included (Lance, Christian, Big Show)

- Shane McMahon's age is wrong by 7 years (born in 1970 rather than 77)

- R-Truth's age is wrong (born in Jan not June)

- Some WWE announcers experience is missing (JR & Foley, Cole & Foley, Cole & Booker etc.)

- Wyatt Family tag experience missing

Good catches, thanks. I'll update but currently no plans for another update on the mod, at least in the near future.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...