[RELEASE] The YES! Mod - May 2013 1.0

The YES! Mod - 1.0 Release

giphy.gif?w=1200&ssl=1

The YES! Mod

The Yes Mod (TYM) is a TEW mod starting in May of 2013 that is built from scratch… sort of.

This is a full release. However, I do expect that there will be an eventual subsequent release. Cannot provide any timeline on that.

There has been extensive testing on the development of young workers (thanks to HWRP). But less focus on the development of debuting workers. That is an area that may require further refinement.

Notes

-if you intend to book the WWE, you may want to consider changing the product to another SE variant. The one selected is meant more for the AI.

-if you intend to book TNA, you may want to consider editing Dixie Carter's personality. The scumbag personality was meant to try to have TNA emulate some of the shady practices they have done under her leadership rather than truly represent her. The contracts situation in TNA is meant to create some challenge

-NXT-UK is not in the data as its impossible to have it debut similar to how the child company actually exists and functions

-almost nothing in the data is FINAL, so any suggestions will be taken into account. No guarantee they will be enacted

-some things are certain ways for gameplay purposes, to keep things from being overpowered

-quite a lot of top workers have had skills dropped to keep grades reasonable. As such, testing to see how the worker grades isn't a bad idea when making suggestions for major stars for big companies. Having just one of those being overpowered in terms of grades can unbalance things.

-Attribute suggestions are very welcome. Some negative attributes are based on hearsay and rumor, others are random. If you aren’t sure, point it out

-for workers with international recognition, popularity cascades to some level, similar to the Cverse

-notable workers from small or above companies will typically have a small degree of international popularity, often about 5 points

-I changed out the Work Name file to the Default one. The previous one resulted in some really fun combo names, but they happened way too often.

LINKS

1.04 Data - Released November 1, 2021

Data

Picture Pack

• Like 1

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>Thanks</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

An incomplete but appreciative list of Thank You</p><p> </p><p>

Mammoth – major contribution</p><p>

Oyaji – major contribution</p><p>

HWRP - major contribution</p><p> </p><p>

Adam Ryland</p><p>

Alpha2117</p><p>

arlovski</p><p>

Asaemon</p><p>

Atticus</p><p>

Cagematch</p><p>

Christian Shane</p><p>

Dalton</p><p>

defizzle</p><p>

DerekB</p><p>

Dylan Zero Sky</p><p>

Ed</p><p>

ElChorizo</p><p>

Fkepod</p><p>

Fleisch</p><p>

Forlan</p><p>

FullMetal</p><p>

Gazwefc83</p><p>

Genadi</p><p>

Historian</p><p>

I Effin Rule</p><p>

Idolized</p><p>

Jaysin</p><p>

Jeronimoe</p><p>

Jhd1</p><p>

JoeMurphy</p><p>

JoMo</p><p>

Jon</p><p>

Lukkearthur</p><p>

MattyWood</p><p>

Mezomi111</p><p>

MHero</p><p>

Mr Creative</p><p>

Mootinie</p><p>

MrHz</p><p>

Munit</p><p>

OGPistolPete</p><p>

PuroJoshi</p><p>

Questlove</p><p>

Sm88</p><p>

Sockpuppet - Injury mod</p><p>

SouthsideHitman</p><p>

Steesh07</p><p>

Taker</p><p>

TheWho87</p><p>

The_Showtime</p><p>

Tverse Team</p><p>

willr0ck</p><p>

Woodsmeister</p><p>

Wweu5</p><p> </p><p>

And many others that I've surely missed. All the assistance is very much appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>

This mod is freeware. Anything can be used but credit is appreciated.</p><p>

Pieces have been used from a lot of different sources, with credit sought where applicable.</p><p>

Please reach out if you are intending to use the mod as a base for another mod.</p>

Looks good although I have found a few errors (in my opinion);

Dolph Ziggler was still heel at this point, didn't turn until the month after. Also has no picture assigned for WWE contract.

CM Punk - Heyman was still managing him until June

Punk & AJ Lee didn't start dating until Septemebr 2013

Sami Zayn has no picture assigned for NXT contract

JTG had a strong friendship with Shad

Ken Anderson reportedly had heat with Orton & Cena

Kane & Undertaker had a strong friendship

Shane McMahon should probably be set as left the business

Dan Moloney - inflated skills and overness for a 16 year old unknown

This looks like a really solid mod that I will be putting a lot of time into. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

[quote name=

Notes

-if you intend to book the WWE, you may want to consider changing the product to another SE variant. The one selected is meant more for the AI.

Which product do you recommend to play as WWE?

Thanks for your work, i've played the beta and this is really a great mod!

Happy to see folks downloading and hoping everyone is enjoying.

A very self-serving, selfish request... I enjoy when folks share what they are doing in a save and I very much enjoy it when its from a mod I've worked on. Can be a basic overview or a detailed breakdown. I just enjoy. So if you are so inclined... please share what you are doing!

Awesome! Loved the beta so am really looking forward to starting a new save with this version. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

You're welcome and hope you enjoy it.

Very happy to see a full release of this. Im quite far into my save now, so realistically what would stop me importing a few things, have any companies or workers been renamed since the beta that would create dupes?

Curiosity - how far is FAR?

I know El Generico became Rami Sebei. There may have been a few other name tweaks / corrections, but not many. Can't guarantee you won't end up with duplicate workers, but shouldn't be a ton. And shouldn't be any duplicate companies as I can't recall changing names on any of those recently.

Let's gooo!

So glad to see this get properly released.

Hope you enjoy!

Oh yeah! Sadly at work for the day but I hit it when get home. The beta was already one of the best (if not the best) RW mods on 2020. So glad you hit 1.0 release now!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the beta and hope this one is even better for ya!

Will there be an updated version of the GIF. picture pack to go along with the full release?

Excellent question. And I have no answer. But that was all the work of gazwefc83 and I'm not sure if he will / can update or not.

Looks good although I have found a few errors (in my opinion);

Dolph Ziggler was still heel at this point, didn't turn until the month after. Also has no picture assigned for WWE contract.

CM Punk - Heyman was still managing him until June

Punk & AJ Lee didn't start dating until Septemebr 2013

Sami Zayn has no picture assigned for NXT contract

JTG had a strong friendship with Shad

Ken Anderson reportedly had heat with Orton & Cena

Kane & Undertaker had a strong friendship

Shane McMahon should probably be set as left the business

Dan Moloney - inflated skills and overness for a 16 year old unknown

This looks like a really solid mod that I will be putting a lot of time into. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Some good catches. I've corrected most of them (for a future release only, though). Not sure how Dan Moloney ended up looking like that - he's been nerfed a bit and he starts with pretty much no popularity (instead of a bunch in the US which was.... inexplicable).

I added Anderson-Orton but not Anderson-Cena. In general, I've tried to avoid having every relationship possible in there, especially ones based on rumors. Having a huge volume of relationships brings a game world to life for some, but it also slows processing, so I've tried to minimize them, to a degree.

As for Shane...

Please don’t do this. People set to ‘Left The Business’ can’t return at any point.

...this.

It doesn't seem like Shane will necessarily go back to the WWE when he returns but keeping him out entirely is problematic.

looking forward to playing it

Awesome :-)

Which product do you recommend to play as WWE?

Thanks for your work, i've played the beta and this is really a great mod!

Hmmm.... almost any of the Sports Entertainment products that come up under a WWE search would be pretty valid. Classic Sports Entertainment or Family Friendly SE.

The point of using the Soap Opera SE was that it is (was) a way to limit the main event match grades for the AI. The AI is gonna book the likes of Brock, Punk, Triple H, DB, and others in TV main events all the time and some of those are gonna be STRONG matches. It won't keep the AI (or you, if you keep it) from having 90+ or even 95+ rated matches. Just a bit less frequently.

Curiosity - how far is FAR?

I know El Generico became Rami Sebei. There may have been a few other name tweaks / corrections, but not many. Can't guarantee you won't end up with duplicate workers, but shouldn't be a ton. And shouldn't be any duplicate companies as I can't recall changing names on any of those recently.

By far it turns out I meant 4 months, 4 months feels a lot longer when you realise its 56 shows ahaha.

By far it turns out I meant 4 months, 4 months feels a lot longer when you realise its 56 shows ahaha.

I'd consider that pretty deep. Takes a lot of shows to get that far with the WWE.

Didn't realize you were YouTubing the save. Going to have to check those out. Love seeing someone playing it and sharing with others!

Was playing about with the mod last night and noticed that Bobby Roode has his gimmick set as "Cowboy" in TNA. Really fun mod so far though

Should be his default City Slicker. Good catch.

This feels minor, all things considered, but Richie Steamboat should probably be in the database. He was out with a back injury around this time, but he was still under contract and it wasn't totally clear yet that he'd never wrestle again.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what did you use for the venues?

I'll be honest - I was really torn on Ricky Jr and several like him. The issue I kept running into but then if I'm going to include him, I also need (or want) to include his injury at its realistic severity, which means he wouldn't be back as an active wrestler and then I feel like its not worth including him... Including him but with the injury at what severity it was thought to be at the time feels.... gamey? I'm open, but that's why he was left out.

And the locations pack is a mix. It came from a version of Genadi's 2001 WCW Lives mod that I edited quite heavily for personal play on TEW 2016, but I'm not 1000% if I used the Genadi base mod Locations files or another. I definitely edited it heavy - regions had changed a bit, plus I prefer the venue names to be the venue not, without the locale prefix some mods use. I started to edit it for 2020, with the changed and added regions, but never got through that much of it. Some regions need more venues. I imported a few from a mod someone did - I can't find it on the board now - but again, never got too far with it.

Venues are one of those things that I have a particular preference for but they don't have a real impact on gameplay, especially with Locations now being a thing. So I will finish going thru, I just don't know when.

2 things I noticed so far, both are in the venues.

Under "Great Lakes" you have a duplicate with Joyce Center and Edmund P. Joyce Center. The other one is McArthur Court is in Eugene, Oregon which should be in the Northwest region

Thank you! gonna be a few in the venues - see above.

Dolph Ziggler has no pic attached.

Think its just his WWE contract that doens't have one. But fixed. Thanks.

Ric and Ashley Flair are missing blood relations. I Know its always the multitude of tiny details in a mod. Great job on 1.0.

Weird. I remember creating it at one point. But good eye. I'll add it back.

If anyone has upgraded to the newest patch and tried to start a new save, you will get hit with a long list of errors regaarding future title regins. In the process of fixing these and I will upload 1.1 later today. Have also fixed a few other small things and realized the Zero1 Fire Festival tournament lineage never got added.

One more thing I noticed and I could be wrong but I think Randy Orton was a face at this time. Pretty sure he turned heel when he cashed-in at SummerSlam and joined/started The Authority

Correct! He was indeed. Thanks and corrected.

Related... A bit ago, I had started to go over the WWE roster to double check things and obviously never completely finished the process. One thing that is a bit of an issue is that the brand split exists but its fluid, so a lot of workers are without a brand. I could have just left the brand split out entirely, but I did find it testing better with at least a partial split for the AI.

I prefer brand split. That's the way I like to play but I think it's better for AI too.

Had a busy week so haven't got so deep in the game yet. One thing I see is that Shield tag teams aren't set so they have no experience together. They started together late 2012 so they should have some experience by May 2013.