If you were booking ECW re-opening in 2021; who would have to be on the roster?

I’m currently trying to day dream up a re-opened ECW in 2021 while using a slightly altered product. Using no-style style to highlight the cruiser weight and wild brawl side of ECW along with the hardcore. Plan on starting with Small pop in USA.

Who would have to be on your roster??? I want a roster that makes sense without being so easy that there is no challenge to build them back up.

My first thoughts are Sami Callahan, Mance Warner, Ilja Dragunov, Bear Country and Dawson Brothers.

What about you guys??

So contracted guys like Ilja are a possibility?

I had a ECW diary in 2010 (not here on GDS) and had guys like Eddie Kingston, Roderick Strong, Erick Stevens, Homicide, Low Ki, Kevin Steen, James Gibson, William Regal, Claudio Castagnoli, Gran Akuma etc. on board. I think that guys like Eddie, Homicide and Ki were absolutely no brainers for Heyman if ECW still existed in 2002 and later. Althought he was interested in changing the style of ECW.

Current day ECW would be hard because of all the contracted guys in AEW, WWE and so on.

Yeah luckily Ilja is only on a written deal not exclusive written deal in the mod I’m playing.

Lesnar is a bit beyond my reach though.

I’m considering trying to sign Pete Dunne as well, I think he embodies the type of grit Heyman would have loved

Chris Hero, Harry Smith, Chris Dickinson, Tony Deppen, Bandido, Dragon Bane, JR Kratos, Ace Austin, Trey Miguel, Lee Moriarty maybe some form of the Ingobernables (Andrade, Rush, Dragon Lee, Kenny King, Naito, etc.) I could also see a guy like Nick Aldis as some sort of anti-hardcore guy... but well, those would be my suggestions.

Ricky Shane Page and all other members of 44.OH!

RSP is a great shout. Dude is criminally underrated. I've loved him since he was Christian Faith teaming with Vincent Nothing.

Also, if Vincent Nothing is in your database, he'd be a good pick up too.

<p>This has been so helpful.</p><p> </p><p>

The backbone of my roster is Walter, Pete Dunne, Eddie Kingston, Pillman Jr, Hero, Roderick Strong, Nick Gage, Mance Warner, Rickey Shane Page, Chris Dickinson, Sami Callahan and Samoa Joe</p>