Are 0/0/0/0 games possible in 2020?

There's a grace period (of at least a year IIRC) before a new company needs to worry about bankruptcy. The expectation is you go negative for several months until you build enough pop to turn a profit, and get yourself out of the hole before the bank comes to collect.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Turkeyninja" data-cite="Turkeyninja" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know what I am doing different from everyone else but I typically hire twelve people, run weekly shows right off the bat, and still profit. Definitely do-able</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't run weekly shows. Just don't.</p><p> </p><p> Tip 1: There is a cap at how much pop you can increase in a month. I'm not sure what it is but I think its 1 maybe 1.5. The cap you can grow in a month gets bigger as your company does.</p><p> </p><p> So lets say the cap is 1% which I think it is. If you run your for shows at .8% growth each then you only really use the first show and .2% of the second show. Every other show you run is just money for no gain.</p><p> </p><p> Tip 2: Pop gains are not just based on show rating. Its also based on how many people are watching either in attendance or on TV. Lower your ticket prices. You aren't really making anything with them anyway. All your money will be coming from sponsorship and merch and you make more on those the better pop you have.</p><p> </p><p> I set my tickets to free for like the first year then you can get your full 1% in 1 show and it helps you grow faster while losing less money.</p><p> </p><p> Tip 3: Don't worry about losing money. You basically have 18 months to get back in the black. When you start at the smallest level you have 1 year before anyone starts thinking about your finances. Once they finally start saying to turn the ship around or else you have 6 more months.</p><p> </p><p> So don't worry about losing money.</p>

One thing I noted that was a huge find was that you basically have to hire local. Travel costs eats up your money like crazy, but if you hire local talent, they don't ask for travel fees.

I never play 0/0/0/0 games but I often do play as promotions with low level of popularity and what steev just said above is the best advice you can get when playing as a smaller company. If you are playing in the United States try to set your company up in an area where you can get no travel costs from two areas. I often set up in New England and workers from the Tri-State never ask for travel fees. So I have access to a pretty large pool of talent right at the start of my promotion.

One thing I noted that was a huge find was that you basically have to hire local. Travel costs eats up your money like crazy, but if you hire local talent, they don't ask for travel fees.

That was the first thing I looked at when hiring. Most of the guys were on like $40-$50 a show and a couple were on $90. Might give it another go.