[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

On 12/25/2023 at 11:53 PM, RouxBTV said:

Any Updates?

Yes. I've now added over 300 workers and also added more Training Facilities with the inclusion of the "One Fall Power Factory" and "Create A Pro Wrestling Academy". There's still a lot more I want to do though before releasing the next update so still not ETA on a release, unfortunately.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Barry static said:

Can't wait for this to release, any updates?

Keep up the amazing work 

I've now added over 400 workers but the rest of the update remains the same, and there's still more workers I want to add, believe it or not. As the list seems endless, I may have to eventually draw a line in the sand and release without finishing (because they can be added in a future update anyway) but I haven't found a natural resting point yet. The release could be out in a few weeks or it could be a few months. As soon as I know more, I'll be posting here so y'all will be the first to know! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Tyler Stevens said:

Any news on the update? Been enjoying a mini-playthrough recently but waiting to see how close you are before taking a deep dive.

The number now stands at over 500, I've added Continental Wrestling Entertainment, more venues for India, the "CWE Academy" and "Animal Hamaguchi Training Gym", and expanded upon India in all facets to make it playable. Right now, I'm working more on Japan and Mexico because a large percentage of that 500 are more geared towards North America and I don't want the modification to become unbalanced. Believe it or not, I have still got quite the list to work on however and process has been agonisingly slow recently as I've become a little obsessed with Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Hopefully I'll complete it soon and be able to speed the process back up again. Once I feel it's more balanced and people are continually debuting around the world, I'll be releasing. 👍

• Like 9

I know this probably just comes down to game AI but can you do anything about WWE's poaching at the start of the game? They stole Team 3D, Rhino and Christian Cage from me all in week one, and it seems unrealistic given that the Dudleys and Christian literally just left WWE at the time.

1 hour ago, JCStensland said:

I know this probably just comes down to game AI but can you do anything about WWE's poaching at the start of the game? They stole Team 3D, Rhino and Christian Cage from me all in week one, and it seems unrealistic given that the Dudleys and Christian literally just left WWE at the time.

Maybe give them simmering tension with Vince? It'd fit their choice to leave for greener pastures.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 10:52 AM, JCStensland said:

they should all be under written deals anyway. 

2 hours ago, Larrikn said:

they should all be under written deals anyway. 

I haven't looked into it recently so my memory could be incorrect, but I don't believe TNA were handing out exclusive contracts at this time - which is why they don't have any written contracts. Pretty much their entire roster were also working on the independents, including said names. Again, if my memory is serving me right, it wasn't until about 2009 that TNA started handing them out. They obviously weren't working for other big name promotions and I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in their contracts that reflected this, but there's unfortunately no way to simulate that sort of thing in TEW.

I've taken Jaysin's advice and gave them simmering tension with McMahon, and hopefully that'll solve the issue.

11 hours ago, Mammoth said:

I haven't looked into it recently so my memory could be incorrect, but I don't believe TNA were handing out exclusive contracts at this time - which is why they don't have any written contracts. Pretty much their entire roster were also working on the independents, including said names. Again, if my memory is serving me right, it wasn't until about 2009 that TNA started handing them out. They obviously weren't working for other big name promotions and I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in their contracts that reflected this, but there's unfortunately no way to simulate that sort of thing in TEW.

I've taken Jaysin's advice and gave them simmering tension with McMahon, and hopefully that'll solve the issue.

You could give them non-exclusive written contracts

Most of them were working other dates only with TNA's approval tbf as is my recollection (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), so a more appropriate status would be exclusive written and having talent trading agreements with other promotions allowing them to work elsewhere.

Edited by benjirino
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, benjirino said:

Most of them were working other dates only with TNA's approval tbf as is my recollection (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), so a more appropriate status would be exclusive written and having talent trading agreements with other promotions allowing them to work elsewhere.

Yeah I agree with this. It’s kind of the grey area TEW contracts don’t cover. They definitely weren’t free to work places TNA didn’t want them to like ROH and WWE so exclusive contracts and loans makes sense

DOWNLOADS

DATABASE

Click Me

PICTURES

Click Me

Okay, here is Version 3.00 of Shifting Sands. If you've been following along, I've pretty much announced everything that's new but for those of you that haven't, here's what to expect in this update:

• I have added over 500 workers to not only add to the start of the data, but to ensure it's long-term playability.

• I've added agers, narratives, and improved the quality and consistency of the picture pack.

• I've added Wrestling Society X, GLEAT, Big Japan Pro Wrestling, Continental Wrestling Entertainment and the International Wrestling Revolution Group to companies, again improving both the starting data and longer term games.

• I have added more Free Pictures (bringing it to 100) with help from @macca87.

• I've added more venues for Japan, India and Mexico.

• I've added more Training Facilities with the inclusion of the "One Fall Power Factory", "CWE Academy", "Animal Hamaguchi Training Gym" and "Create A Pro Wrestling Academy".

• And, finally, I have expanded upon India to make it playable. This includes - as I've already mentioned - the inclusion of Continental Wrestling Entertainment which opens in January, 2015, and various locations. It also includes new broadcasters and a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment, which has allowed me to give workers popularity in the area.

As many of you know, I still have a very large list of names that I'm looking to add but as that would have pushed this back by months, I've instead found a workable cut off point that allows people to get to grips with the update. As always, if you'd like to buy me a bottle of Coke (I don't drink coffee) for my work, you'll find the information below. Please enjoy yourselves and experience an era of professional wrestling that still lingers in a lot of our memories.

Grey Dog Software has recently made it very clear that we aren't allowed to link directly to donations on their forums to ensure they're covered if anything was to go wrong, but they've graciously allowed people to do it through third party websites such as social media. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account to simply link people to my (or more importantly my wife's) PayPal account. Please be aware that all my modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy it, but if you would like to give me something in return then it'll be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Link: Click Me

• Like 15

Hey Mammoth, so I looked a bit at the data and this is the mistakes I found (or suggestions) so far :

• India is inactive
  • Jim Duggan, Sting, Masanobu Fuchi, Great Kojika, Black Terry, Violent J need "Desperado"
  • A lot of wrestlers such as Abyss, Triple H & Shawn Michaels might need the Future Road Agent attribute, I'm not sure that adding "Agent of Epics" for example will guarentee them to be a road agent in the future
  • NEO Women's Pro-Wrestling, IWA Mid-South should be an NWA Alliance Member ;
  • NJPW should also be a member of the NWA Alliance as Simon Kelly Inoki actually rejoined the alliance until his departure from the company. The exact month/year is unknown but it was between the start of ZERO1-MAX and of course, his departure from the promotion.
    It all depends on you though as you might need to rebalance the game. Especially if NJPW overtakes TNA.
    Maybe add the TNA titles and set them as retired? The AI should reactivate the title as soon as they aren't the N°1 Promotion in the alliance.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi needs some business skill and minimum age of 47.
  • Akitoshi Saito, Kenta Kobashi should be loyal to NOAH
  • Can we have the NWA World Women's Championship in the NWA since we have women wrestling in the alliance ?
  • An alliance should be englobing the Mexican National Championships and including both Mexican promotions because of how the title were used at that time (still are quite honestly)
  • Can't play Comedy should be removed on Akira Tozawa
  • Stalker Ichikawa should have Definitive Style & Easy to do business with
  • Aja Kong should have Money Motivated
  • IWA Mid-South schedule doesn't look to be set properly
  • New Jack should have Unpredictable
  • Rossy Ogawa needs Booking Skills
  • Violent J needs Can't Stay Away, Loves the Business
  • Robbie Brookside needs Deep Roots
  • Zack Sabre Jr. needs Definitive Style
  • TNA has two Season Finale, Bound for Glory should be the only one
  • NJPW doesn't have a Tokyo Dome Show : NJPW Toukon Shidou Chapter 1 should be active as a special event, and then Wrestle Kingdom from 2007 onwards, they should both be set as season finale
  • CMLL Aniversario should be a season finale
  • CMLL Torneo Gran Alternativa title should be set to the CMLL Torneo Gran Alternativa show
  • King of Gate Tournament Title should be set to the DG King of the Gate show
  • ZERO1-Max Fire Festival should be the season finale
  • NEO Mid-Summer Tag Tournament title should be set to the NEO Mid-Summer Tag Tournament show
  • The IPW:UK has the picture of the 1PW World Title
  • IWA Historia Boricua should be IWA's Season Finale
  • JCW Gathering of the Juggalos should be their Season Finale
  • IWC Super Indy : Would it be wiser to just do Annual Tournament & Title retained after victory rather than create another title just for the tournament?
  • XICW has two season finale
  • Malcolm Monroe Sr. Memorial Cup Title should be to the XICW Malcolm Monroe Sr. Memorial Cup show
  • NWA UK Hardcore Lottery should be assigned to the NWA UK Hardcore Lottery show
  • NWA UK King of the Ring hould be assigned to the NWA UK King of the Ring show

That's all for me from a couple of glances around the mod.
Once again I want to thank you for the mod that you gave to us, there's a lot of detail and time sank into it and it shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

India is inactive

This is by choice. Although it's very much playable now, I know a lot of people would still rather not have it activated - especially at the start of the data as Continental Wrestling Entertainment isn't yet active. Fortunately, each new game can be changed independently so should you, or anyone else, wish to have India active, then can do so.

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

Jim Duggan, Sting, Masanobu Fuchi, Great Kojika, Black Terry, Violent J need "Desperado"

Jim Duggan, Sting, Masanobu Fuchi and Great Kojika all have the "Wrestling in the Blood" attribute. I have added the "Desperado" attribute to Black Terry and Violent J.

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

A lot of wrestlers such as Abyss, Triple H & Shawn Michaels might need the Future Road Agent attribute, I'm not sure that adding "Agent of Epics" for example will guarentee them to be a road agent in the future

They all do have this attribute. You may have been looking at this in-game, as all "Future" attributes are hidden.

2 hours ago, Jugg said:
  • NEO Women's Pro-Wrestling, IWA Mid-South should be an NWA Alliance Member ;
  • NJPW should also be a member of the NWA Alliance as Simon Kelly Inoki actually rejoined the alliance until his departure from the company. The exact month/year is unknown but it was between the start of ZERO1-MAX and of course, his departure from the promotion.
    It all depends on you though as you might need to rebalance the game. Especially if NJPW overtakes TNA.
    Maybe add the TNA titles and set them as retired? The AI should reactivate the title as soon as they aren't the N°1 Promotion in the alliance.

As far as I'm aware, NEO Women's Pro-Wrestling was never a member of the NWA. Or, if they did, it was only ever in this infancy and didn't last long at all. They did however own the NWA Women's Pacific Championship which was defended alongside the NEO Single Championship which is why you might be thinking otherwise. It's why the title didn't go back to the NWA when NEO folded in 2010, and hasn't been seen since. If you have countering evidence, I'd be happy to change it. 👍

Similarly, I don't believe IWA-Mid South was ever part of the NWA although they did work closely with them and their affiliates in the Mid West. They would often run shows together and even shared the NWA Midwest Women's and IWA-Mid South Women's Championships at some point, but they were always run under joint banners rather than just an NWA banner. It's like IWA-Mid South was too extreme to be an official member but drew in a regular enough audience that the affiliates around the same area couldn't ignore them.

I believe New Japan Pro-Wrestling was briefly reaffiliated with the NWA in the late-2000s to the early-2010s, but I don't believe they were reaffiliated at the start of 2006 because I can't find anything that states otherwise. I know they were working closely with TNA at this point though (hence the relationship) so it could have almost been the gateway. 

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

Hiroshi Tanahashi needs some business skill and minimum age of 47.

Done. 

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

Akitoshi Saito, Kenta Kobashi should be loyal to NOAH

Akitoshi Saito briefly left NOAH in 2012. Although he went back when they offered him a better contract in 2014, I wouldn't say he was totally loyal to them. Kenta Kobashi is also really tough because it's hard to say if he would have remained loyal to them had he not suffered his serious injury in 2009. With the messy way he eventually left NOAH and the way he always flirted with his original home in the form of AJPW, I think it's better if he doesn't have any loyalty. That way, there's always that "what if" in games.

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

Can we have the NWA World Women's Championship in the NWA since we have women wrestling in the alliance ?

Sure, it wasn't being defended regularly by any stretch of the imagination, but I can add it in. Fingers crossed users get far more use out of it than the NWA did in real life! 😆

2 hours ago, Jugg said:

An alliance should be englobing the Mexican National Championships and including both Mexican promotions because of how the title were used at that time (still are quite honestly)

These are nigh on impossible to replicate in TEW. While I agree that they ultimately get moved around both the major two in Mexico and also the other independent promotions, they're done so in a semi-ownership way. They've never actually been "alliance" titles and are instead semi-owned by one promotion for a number of years before moving on to the next highest bidder. As all of that is impossible to simulate as they're essentially owned by a third party, it's just easier to set them up as I have done so. Both users and the AI can ultimately fill in any gaps, if there even are any since the major promotions also have their own titles without the Mexican National Championships.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Can't play Comedy should be removed on Akira Tozawa

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Stalker Ichikawa should have Definitive Style & Easy to do business with

I've added "Definitive Style" but he already has the "Apolitical" attribute.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Aja Kong should have Money Motivated

I wouldn't say that was the case. Judging by her employment history, she was happy to work almost anywhere, even at this point in her career where she could have literally chosen anywhere she wanted to. I think both her Freelance status and the "Itchy Feet" attribute already simulate her perfectly. 

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

IWA Mid-South schedule doesn't look to be set properly

How so? If you look at their event history for 2006, they were running events almost weekly. They had at least two events every month of the year.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

New Jack should have Unpredictable

I'd say that was definitely true for him earlier in his career but by this point, he was just a flat Bully in my opinion. You'll be hard pressed to find a single positive interaction with him by this point, and the Unpredictable personality trait would mean he'd have the occasional positive interactions.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Rossy Ogawa needs Booking Skills

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Violent J needs Can't Stay Away, Loves the Business

I've added "Loves the Business" but I feel "Can't Stay Away" is unnecessary now he has the Desperado attribute.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Robbie Brookside needs Deep Roots

He currently lives in Florida as a coach for the WWE Performance Center.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

Zack Sabre Jr. needs Definitive Style

That's fair.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

TNA has two Season Finale, Bound for Glory should be the only one

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

NJPW doesn't have a Tokyo Dome Show : NJPW Toukon Shidou Chapter 1 should be active as a special event, and then Wrestle Kingdom from 2007 onwards, they should both be set as season finale

Tokyo Dome added to Toukon Shidou Chapter 1, and also made into a Season Finale.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

CMLL Aniversario should be a season finale

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

CMLL Torneo Gran Alternativa title should be set to the CMLL Torneo Gran Alternativa show

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

King of Gate Tournament Title should be set to the DG King of the Gate show

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

ZERO1-Max Fire Festival should be the season finale

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

NEO Mid-Summer Tag Tournament title should be set to the NEO Mid-Summer Tag Tournament show

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

The IPW:UK has the picture of the 1PW World Title

😂 Fixed.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

IWA Historia Boricua should be IWA's Season Finale

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

JCW Gathering of the Juggalos should be their Season Finale

Done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

IWC Super Indy : Would it be wiser to just do Annual Tournament & Title retained after victory rather than create another title just for the tournament?

I like having them separate for the individual lineages - one for all the title wins and one for the tournament wins.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

XICW has two season finale

Fixed.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:
  • Malcolm Monroe Sr. Memorial Cup Title should be to the XICW Malcolm Monroe Sr. Memorial Cup show
  • NWA UK Hardcore Lottery should be assigned to the NWA UK Hardcore Lottery show
  • NWA UK King of the Ring hould be assigned to the NWA UK King of the Ring show

All done.

3 hours ago, Jugg said:

That's all for me from a couple of glances around the mod.
Once again I want to thank you for the mod that you gave to us, there's a lot of detail and time sank into it and it shows.

Thank you so much and this is exactly the type of feedback I love, so I appreciate it. I hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

Hey, I'm glad you appreciated my feedback !  

Here's a couple of response for some of your feedback.

18 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

This is by choice. Although it's very much playable now, I know a lot of people would still rather not have it activated - especially at the start of the data as Continental Wrestling Entertainment isn't yet active. Fortunately, each new game can be changed independently so should you, or anyone else, wish to have India active, then can do so.

Fair point, I guess I will activate it in my save.

19 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

As far as I'm aware, NEO Women's Pro-Wrestling was never a member of the NWA. Or, if they did, it was only ever in this infancy and didn't last long at all. They did however own the NWA Women's Pacific Championship which was defended alongside the NEO Single Championship which is why you might be thinking otherwise. It's why the title didn't go back to the NWA when NEO folded in 2010, and hasn't been seen since. If you have countering evidence, I'd be happy to change it. 👍

Similarly, I don't believe IWA-Mid South was ever part of the NWA although they did work closely with them and their affiliates in the Mid West. They would often run shows together and even shared the NWA Midwest Women's and IWA-Mid South Women's Championships at some point, but they were always run under joint banners rather than just an NWA banner. It's like IWA-Mid South was too extreme to be an official member but drew in a regular enough audience that the affiliates around the same area couldn't ignore them.

I believe New Japan Pro-Wrestling was briefly reaffiliated with the NWA in the late-2000s to the early-2010s, but I don't believe they were reaffiliated at the start of 2006 because I can't find anything that states otherwise. I know they were working closely with TNA at this point though (hence the relationship) so it could have almost been the gateway. 

NEO : 

Hmm 🤔
I don't think the NWA usually tried to get back the title that had the NWA name on it unless it was a major title, someone that crossed the organisation or if some of their members wanted to use the same title.

CMLL used their title for a long time after they left and would have if Blue Demon Jr. hadn't created all the drama around it.

And ZERO1 would only have one title today 😂.

Here's a screenshot from the list of NWA territories on Wikipedia showing NEO's tenure and a quote from the Japanese NWA page on the same site.

image.png.63571d491e8d777f1821a5ae13dba07e.png

2000年にはNEO女子プロレスが加盟して、NWAパシフィック女子&NEO認定シングル王座を創設している。

"In 2000, NEO Women's Pro Wrestling joined the organisation and created the NWA Pacific Women's & NEO Certified Singles Championship".

I'll give it to you though, there's no source on either page.

Either way, it's your call.

Fair point for the IWA Mid-South.

As for NJPW,

一方、ZERO-ONEの崩壊後、新日本取締役だったサイモン・ケリー猪木がNWAに加盟して、再び新日本と関係を持つが、サイモンの新日本退社とIGF旗揚げに伴い、新日本はNWAから脱退し、代わりにIGFが加盟。

"Meanwhile, after the collapse of ZERO-ONE, Simon Kelly Inoki, then a director of New Japan, joined the NWA and became associated with New Japan again, but after Simon's departure from New Japan and the formation of the IGF, New Japan withdrew from the NWA and the IGF joined instead.

This is why the NWA World Junior title was defended quite often in NJPW and stopped after 2007.

The quote is from the Japanese NWA page.

Technically no other source, so it's your call either way.

1 hour ago, Mammoth said:

Jim Duggan, Sting, Masanobu Fuchi and Great Kojika all have the "Wrestling in the Blood" attribute. I have added the "Desperado" attribute to Black Terry and Violent J.

I can understand not adding Desperado to Duggan & Sting, but I really think Desperado should be added to Masanobu Fuchi and Great Kojika. WitB will only guarantee that they do not leave the business.

They both still wrestle at least once a year at the age of 70 and 81 respectively.

I agree with the rest of the explanations you gave me, thank you again for your work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larrikn said:

Could we get a little 3.01 update with the changes? 

Sure. I haven't got the time to do the NWA World Women's Championship today, but I should be able to get to it tomorrow and then I'll upload it all. 👍

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Sure. I haven't got the time to do the NWA World Women's Championship today, but I should be able to get to it tomorrow and then I'll upload it all. 👍

I was just about to make a TNA save so I think I will wait for this. Just not sure who would be a good choice for player character...

DOWNLOADS

DATABASE

Click Me

PICTURES

Click Me

Version 3.01. Just a very small update with fixes to all the small errors that @Jugg pointed out, as well as the implementation of some of their suggestions. 

Grey Dog Software has recently made it very clear that we aren't allowed to link directly to donations on their forums to ensure they're covered if anything was to go wrong, but they've graciously allowed people to do it through third party websites such as social media. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account to simply link people to my (or more importantly my wife's) PayPal account. Please be aware that all my modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy it, but if you would like to give me something in return then it'll be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Link: Click Me

• Like 6

Hey, I'm glad to see that some of my suggestions/fixes made it into the mod!
One small thing, the NWA Women's Title doesn't have a picture (or the background picture)! 
There might be a few small attributes missing that I could point out, but maybe we can leave that for another day. 😂
Thanks for the update Mammoth, very inspiring work you have done with this mod.
Might even motivate me to create a mod of my own one day!

• Thanks 1