[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

If anything The Rock should maybe have WWE Loyalty so he's just unwilling to sign for anyone besides them.

Unrelated: Is it just me or is the Money in the Bank just not in database? I went to add it just so I could keep track of who held it year to year and there's not even a photo for it in the pack. Not a huge deal cause I can just add it myself but it seemed weird that it's not there at all.

Likely just an oversight by Mammoth. Understandable given that when the mod starts it hadn't even been cashed in yet. Just won at Wrestlemania. Now that you've mentioned it's more likely that it could get added into the next update.

Likely just an oversight by Mammoth. Understandable given that when the mod starts it hadn't even been cashed in yet. Just won at Wrestlemania. Now that you've mentioned it's more likely that it could get added into the next update.

Yeah that's what I figured. It's got pictures for stuff like the Mixed Match Classic and a bunch of other random stuff so I kind of figured he just sorta overlooked the most obvious one which is exactly what I'd do in that situation.

You might be aware of this issue already, but most workers could do with their experience stat being looked at. I just gave a once-over to the workers I signed for my custom promotion, but some of the ones that stand out are:

TAJIRI: 47 (1152 recorded matches as of the end of 2005)

Lance Storm: 46 (1113 matches)

The Great Sasuke: 40 (983)

Test: 39 (812)

Tommy Dreamer: 49 (879)

Jeff Hardy: 42 (846)

Osamu Nishimura: 56 (1271)

Mariko Yoshida: 60 (1449)

Mima Shimoda: 66 (1546)

I'm not sure what other people use to determine a number for experience, but I ended up using (total_matches*0.18)+(years_exp*3) and it seemed to give out a decent number. Gave a 100 rating to anyone who had had more than around 450 matches, which I think is fair. My workings are here if you're interested.

Further to the suggestion of The Young Bucks earlier I would presume you have a list of future workers in mind that you intend on adding to the mod? Would you like further suggestions of workers or rather wait til the first update is out and then see who is left?

Excellent work as always Mammoth. Having a blast running NJPW.

If anything The Rock should maybe have WWE Loyalty so he's just unwilling to sign for anyone besides them.

Unrelated: Is it just me or is the Money in the Bank just not in database? I went to add it just so I could keep track of who held it year to year and there's not even a photo for it in the pack. Not a huge deal cause I can just add it myself but it seemed weird that it's not there at all.

The Rock already has loyalty with the 'E.

As Sco xY2Jx explained, it's just an oversight. I'll make sure I add MitB for any future updates. :)

You might be aware of this issue already, but most workers could do with their experience stat being looked at. I just gave a once-over to the workers I signed for my custom promotion, but some of the ones that stand out are:

TAJIRI: 47 (1152 recorded matches as of the end of 2005)

Lance Storm: 46 (1113 matches)

The Great Sasuke: 40 (983)

Test: 39 (812)

Tommy Dreamer: 49 (879)

Jeff Hardy: 42 (846)

Osamu Nishimura: 56 (1271)

Mariko Yoshida: 60 (1449)

Mima Shimoda: 66 (1546)

I'm not sure what other people use to determine a number for experience, but I ended up using (total_matches*0.18)+(years_exp*3) and it seemed to give out a decent number. Gave a 100 rating to anyone who had had more than around 450 matches, which I think is fair. My workings are here if you're interested.

I'm not sure how other people decide experience either but I don't take real statistics into consideration. That may be mind blowing to some people but personally, I don't want a game full of people with 100 experience as it just makes it far easier to mine them then, and they can be especially useful. There are one or two names you've mentioned that I may take another look at but yeah, experience is something I've tried to "game" instead of relying on real information. I'm sure a lot of you won't agree with that but it's my own personal choice and as always, people are free to change it if they wish. ;)

Further to the suggestion of The Young Bucks earlier I would presume you have a list of future workers in mind that you intend on adding to the mod? Would you like further suggestions of workers or rather wait til the first update is out and then see who is left?

Excellent work as always Mammoth. Having a blast running NJPW.

People are always free to suggest people. For the record, here is my list (not including Hall of Fames that I'm hoping to add):

Nick Aldis, Seiya Sanada, WALTER, Alicia Fox, Chuck Taylor, Hayato Jr., Fujita, Jessicka Havok, Michaeal Dante, Mustafa Ali, Niebla Roja, Swoggle, Cat Power, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Timothy Thatcher, Tomasso Ciampa, Fuka, Ice Cream Jr., El Hijo del Ice Cream, Micheal Hutter, Johnny Saint, Heath Slater, Maryse Ouellet, Jake Hagar, Rasch Brown, Johnny Kid, Johnny Curtis (done 1 pic), Oney Lorcan (done one picture), Ryan Nemeth, PJ Black, Ryan Tran, Stu Bennett, Ray Leppan, 2 Face (best friend with HATE), Nick & Matt Jackson, Joe Coffey, Marty Scurll, Tyler Bate, El Hijo de La Park, Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish, Noam Dar, Jack Gallagher, Danny Burch, Trent Seven, Barb Sasaki, Daichi Murayama, Nikkan Lee, Super Pinocho, Super Raton, Atsushi Kotoge, Kris Levin, Kana, Leah West, Tsubasa Kuragaki, BUSHI, Johnny Yuma (already done some pics), Justin Idol (tag team with Eric Xtasy), Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale, Dragon Lee, Kofi Kingston, Lince Dorado, Tommy Mercer, Samuel Shaw, Jax Dane, Zack Gowan, Windham Rotunda, Thomas and Mark Billington, Taylor Rotunda, Kevin Keenan, The Usos, Afa Jr., Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa, Eli Drake (Paul Bearer managing chemistry), Garza Jr., Tadao Yasuda (managing chemistry with Kantaro Hoshino), Bill Alfonso (former hard drug user & friends with Sandman and Too Cold Scorpio), Layla El, Rob Eckos, Trinity, Jetta, Erin Angel, Jimmy Havoc, Steve Grey, Richie Steamboat, Rob Terry, Lance Anoa'i, Kelly Kelly, El Hijo de Rey Misterio, ACH, Cedric Alexander, Adrian Street, War Machine, Goro Anegasaki (Referee), Mike Awesome (On Hiatus), Konosuke Takeshita, Tetsuya Endo, Kento Miyahara, Jake Lee, Delta (brother of Trueno), Naoya Nomura, YOSHI-HASHI, Takaaki Kidani, Dominik Mysterio, Daisuke Harada, El Desperado, Jay White, Katsuyori Shibata, Kenoh/Kenou, Sangre Chicana’s kids, David Starr, Barba Roja, El Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Mio Shirai, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Miyako Matsumoto, Ryo Mizunami, Kagetsu, Hayden Young, Zach Gowen, Jonathan Gresham, Shadow Jackson (Tag Team with Nemesis, pics done), Fire Ant, Silver Ant, Villano III Jr., Obariyon, Kobald, Kodama, Dasher Hatfield, Joe Gacy, Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Sean Burke, El Hijo del Fantasma, Damian Dunne, Eddie Dennis, Ángel de Plata, Kairi Hojo,

So if there's anyone people would like to see added that isn't already on my list, feel free to suggest them. :)

EDIT: Also, just to temper peoples expectations, I'm working on an update for Territory Daze first so please don't expect an update on this any time soon.

I love everything that I'm seeing so far. One thing that I would look at is stamina levels for guys like Chris Hero and Bryan Danielson. Both of those guys by this point had reputations for being able to go at least 60 minutes, if not 90 minutes, regularly. Also, the NWA titles are in a weird situation. While TNA was in partnership with the NWA they controlled the booking of the titles, similar to Jim Crockett Promotions in the 1980s. I know the situation isn't really replicable in the game, I personally would assign the NWA titles to TNA. Overall loving this mod man, and I can't wait for the update to dive into a super long game.

I love everything that I'm seeing so far. One thing that I would look at is stamina levels for guys like Chris Hero and Bryan Danielson. Both of those guys by this point had reputations for being able to go at least 60 minutes, if not 90 minutes, regularly. Also, the NWA titles are in a weird situation. While TNA was in partnership with the NWA they controlled the booking of the titles, similar to Jim Crockett Promotions in the 1980s. I know the situation isn't really replicable in the game, I personally would assign the NWA titles to TNA. Overall loving this mod man, and I can't wait for the update to dive into a super long game.

The problem is, the titles were defended in other NWA promotions regularly. It makes more sense to leave them as Alliance titles, especially since the company can leave the NWA like they did IRL and make the TNA World Titles. Plus if TNA were to leave the alliance in game it would be better for the NWA belts to be with the alliance and carry on.

I have some questions about Goldberg. I'm not sure "Striker" is the best way to describe his wrestling style. When I hear "Striker", my mind goes to somebody like Ishii or Low-Ki. I think Goldberg fits the "Powerhouse" archetype much easier. Lots of big throws and slams. He's separated from the likes of Big Show & Kane within that style because he's more athletic.

Also, I don't think it would be a stretch to mark Goldberg as Retired instead of On Hiatus. At the time, nobody thought Goldberg would ever return to wrestling after how WWE treated him in his 2003 run. He didn't wrestle at all for a decade after the start of the mod too. Talking him out of retirement seems like a plausible step in this mod. I know Muhammad Hassan never wrestled again and is also marked as being On Hiatus. But I don't think that's the same, as he left not long before the start of the mod and I think he could have been talked into coming back with the right offer.

That's a fair assessment. He probably relied more on his power by this point; I'll change it for the next update. I don't necessarily agree with changing him to retired though. I think it was fans perception that he may have left for good but now in hindsight I think it's fair to say that - after his break - he'd accept the right offer, and still would.

Unsure on if this was already made aware but the All Japan World Junior Heavyweight championship seems to be missing from Shifting Sands from what i've been told

Remarkably, I've never noticed this and I don't think it's ever been mentioned. I'm absolutely flabbergasted. xD I'll make sure to add it for future updates. Thanks.

I find it strange that Kana isn't in the mod. I know she wasn't wrestling at the time but she came back not too long after.

Just an oversight. The Bucks aren't in the mod either and they had been around since 2004. Mammoth posted a list of people that are going to be added in a future update. If Kana isn't on the list I'm sure Mammoth will add her.

Appreciate the work put into this mod! I love this time period!

It could all be personal preference and everyone likes their mods a different way but I feel like the popularity scale should be changed. Jeff Hardy is one for example who has popularity in the low 40s and is considered as well known in TNA compared to AJ Styles with the same popularity. I feel like in 2006, Jeff Hardy was extremely well known compared to AJ.

Feels like popularity could be upped overall but like I said before, it's all personal preference! Thanks for the work put into this, I will enjoy it regardless!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, this mod definitely doesn't shy away from presenting a challenge. One show into my TNA save and WWE have already raided me for Christian, Rhino, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown and Brother Ray. Still, will make things interesting going forward. Suppose I better start handing out written contracts.

Wow, this mod definitely doesn't shy away from presenting a challenge. One show into my TNA save and WWE have already raided me for Christian, Rhino, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown and Brother Ray. Still, will make things interesting going forward. Suppose I better start handing out written contracts.

Shouldn't some of them be underwritten contracts?

Also in my game, WWE hired Scott Steiner I'm pretty sure he was blacklisted by this point

• 2 months later...
This was my favorite mod in TEW 2016. Unfortunately it doesn't translate too well to 2020. :( When you play as WWE and TNA, for example, the vast majority of their rosters are Unimportant. A fix would either be to set everyone's momentum, which I don't think would really fix it that much, or drastically change how the mod is balanced. :(

I don't know why, but MediaFire removed the file. I haven't got the original file because I've added to it since I last released a version of this. I'll give it a day to see if anyone else would be kind enough to upload the file and share it and if they don't, I'll upload my version which will include more than required but will still work fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...