[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

47 minutes ago, Booker2021 said:

is there an alternative pic pack for this data?

No. It's something I've regularly considered and I'm still not ruling it out, but there's other things I've been concentrating on ahead of it - especially as many people like the current picture pack. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for making this mod.  I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, however I have one issue and apologize if this has been discussed before but....

You have some workers in the data base listed as their WWE/TNA character name and then others you have them listed as their real name.  It's kinda confusing and bit distracting and makes searching for specific workers a little tedious.

Other than that, this mod is great!  Thank you again!

Edited by stratusfaction

7 minutes ago, stratusfaction said:

Thank you so much for making this mod.  I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, however I have one issue and apologize if this has been discussed before but....

You have some workers in the data base listed as their WWE/TNA character name and then others you have them listed as their real name.  It's kinda confusing and bit distracting and makes searching for specific workers a little tedious.

Other than that, this mod is great!  Thank you again!

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

All names are given by what they're best known as in January, 2006. Tyler Black, for example, is still known as "Tyler Black" and not "Seth Rollins". So it may seem slightly confusing as you're playing in 2024 but I didn't want names they used much later in time being used. Funnily enough, I did the opposite for Territory Daze and got more complaints about that, as this is the first time some one has mentioned it about Shifting Sands. 😆 Don't forget, you can use the search functions in TEW to easily find people. If I've not used their "WWE/TNA character name" as you've called it, I've almost certainly used it as an alter ego so it'll flag up the name it's linked with.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

All names are given by what they're best known as in January, 2006. Tyler Black, for example, is still known as "Tyler Black" and not "Seth Rollins". So it may seem slightly confusing as you're playing in 2024 but I didn't want names they used much later in time being used. Funnily enough, I did the opposite for Territory Daze and got more complaints about that, as this is the first time some one has mentioned it about Shifting Sands. 😆 Don't forget, you can use the search functions in TEW to easily find people. If I've not used their "WWE/TNA character name" as you've called it, I've almost certainly used it as an alter ego so it'll flag up the name it's linked with.

Totally understand what your saying.  I might just be bias because I tend to play with mods that just use their real names instead of character names.  This will just take me some time to get used to.  It doesn't take anything away from all the work you've put in this and it's playability.

All these years playing and I am just now learning that the search function will cross reference alter egos!  I learn something new everyday :)

Edited by stratusfaction
  • Like 1

Hello! first of all, thank you for your work on the mod. I'm emitting just a small question, the salaries feels really low to me (for example The Rock was signed for 30k a month), with how companies are making money, isn't it "too easy" in that regards? or is this part random? (the mod is well balanced in my opinion, that's why i'm asking this)

Thanks Mammoth.

Edited by jakaryus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jakaryus said:

Hello! first of all, thank you for your work on the mod. I'm emitting just a small question, the salaries feels really low to me (for example The Rock was signed for 30k a month), with how companies are making money, isn't it "too easy" in that regards? or is this part random? (the mod is well balanced in my opinion, that's why i'm asking this)

Thanks Mammoth.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, the wages are random and auto-generated by TEW. This is actually the best way to balance things because if I add in some wages but randomise others, things soon become disjointed. Finances and overall money values are something that I have plans to work on for future updates though, so there's certainly room for change. I hope you keep enjoying the modification in the meantime. :)

47 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, the wages are random and auto-generated by TEW. This is actually the best way to balance things because if I add in some wages but randomise others, things soon become disjointed. Finances and overall money values are something that I have plans to work on for future updates though, so there's certainly room for change. I hope you keep enjoying the modification in the meantime. :)

Sweet, thanks for the answer! This is the best RL mod i've played. I like a lot of other mod but even if some of them are very high quality I actually dislike the fact that if you play a few years in game you will do 95+ show everytime, your mod dosn't allow that and it's great (even if I was thrown off by the notes at first as I wasn't used to that haha) so anyway yes, thanks you for your hard work!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jakaryus said:

Sweet, thanks for the answer! This is the best RL mod i've played. I like a lot of other mod but even if some of them are very high quality I actually dislike the fact that if you play a few years in game you will do 95+ show everytime, your mod dosn't allow that and it's great (even if I was thrown off by the notes at first as I wasn't used to that haha) so anyway yes, thanks you for your hard work!!

Yeah, agreed. I think all mods, and probably even the unmodded game, make things too easy and too unrealistic with ratings that are way too high. I call it the Taylor Swift test. If she decided to join the wrestling world tomorrow, she would have a popularity of 100 because just about every single person in the country knows who Taylor Swift is. Not every single person knows who Roman Reigns is, because most people don't watch wrestling. He's probably a 70-75 by comparison. Or maybe not even that. I think The Rock is a 75 pop in this mod, and he was more widely known at his peak than Roman. I think the game plays better, more realistically, and more challenging, when you rate wrestler popularity compared to other celebrities and not each other.

• Like 1