[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

11 hours ago, Jugg said:

One small thing, the NWA Women's Title doesn't have a picture (or the background picture)!

It does on my end. Did you download the new picture pack? That should have four different version of the NWA World Women's Championship in it, with one already added. I can post them here if it's easier than redownloading the pack?

3 hours ago, RouxBTV said:

The whole thing was written a bit confusingly here, I thought we were getting a full WSX with contracts etc. at first. But that's probably not the case?

Wrestling Society X doesn't open until February, 2006 - and the database starts in January, 2006. Therefore, I can only set them up as "Yet to Open". Simulate a month and they should open if that's all you're worried about. 👍

2 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Wrestling Society X doesn't open until February, 2006 - and the database starts in January, 2006. Therefore, I can only set them up as "Yet to Open". Simulate a month and they should open if that's all you're worried about. 👍

That's fair, though there is an argument to have then open early so that they can have a more "WSX-y" roster. Like how Fleisch has ECW active in January 1992 in their mod, despite them opening in February.

That would also allow you to give them a deal with MTV from the start, since there's no way you get that MTV broadcast deal by normal means when you're starting off on their level.

This is entirely just a suggestion tho. It's your mod.

Edited by raspymorten
  • Like 2

So when i was downloading the graphics for this my extract software came up with error message right at the end, wasnt sure if it was a glitch but im noticing no pics for any AJPW or NOAH belts - are they supposed to be there? if they are could someone please post them if its not too much trouble? many thanks 

1 hour ago, ShikariFC said:

So when i was downloading the graphics for this my extract software came up with error message right at the end, wasnt sure if it was a glitch but im noticing no pics for any AJPW or NOAH belts - are they supposed to be there? if they are could someone please post them if its not too much trouble? many thanks 

I imagine your computer just glitched out because it's quite a large file; all pictures are included and I ensure you there isn't any problem with the file. I'd encourage you to try redownloading just in case there is anything else that has been missed, but here you are anyway:

AJPW

AJPW Champion Carnival.jpg AJPW GAORA TV.jpg AJPW Junior Heavyweight 01.jpg AJPW Junior Heavyweight 02.jpg

AJPW Junior League.jpg AJPW Junior Tag League.jpg AJPW Royal Road.jpg AJPW Triple Crown 01.jpg

AJPW Triple Crown 02.jpg AJPW World Tag Team.jpg All Asia Heavyweight 01.jpg All Asia Heavyweight 02.jpg

All Asia Tag Team.jpg NWA International Heavyweight.jpg NWA International Tag Team.jpg NWA United National Heavyweight.jpg

PWF Heavyweight.jpg PWF Junior Heavyweight 01.jpg PWF Junior Heavyweight 02.jpg PWF World Tag Team.jpg

Worlds Strongest Tag League.jpg

NOAH

GHC Heavyweight.jpg GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team.jpg GHC Junior Heavyweight.jpg GHC Openweight Hardcore.jpg

GHC Tag Team.jpg

EDIT: When you're saving, you're gonna have to rename the files slightly. "AJPWChampionCarnival.jpg.cac852b60755cbb7dd2327eaa5a22e54" should be "AJPW Champion Carnival" or "AJPW Champion Carnival.jpg", so insert spaces between the individual words and remove everything after ".jpg". If you don't do this, they won't be connected to the database properly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

I imagine your computer just glitched out because it's quite a large file; all pictures are included and I ensure you there isn't any problem with the file. I'd encourage you to try redownloading just in case there is anything else that has been missed, but here you are anyway:

AJPW

AJPW Champion Carnival.jpg AJPW GAORA TV.jpg AJPW Junior Heavyweight 01.jpg AJPW Junior Heavyweight 02.jpg

AJPW Junior League.jpg AJPW Junior Tag League.jpg AJPW Royal Road.jpg AJPW Triple Crown 01.jpg

AJPW Triple Crown 02.jpg AJPW World Tag Team.jpg All Asia Heavyweight 01.jpg All Asia Heavyweight 02.jpg

All Asia Tag Team.jpg NWA International Heavyweight.jpg NWA International Tag Team.jpg NWA United National Heavyweight.jpg

PWF Heavyweight.jpg PWF Junior Heavyweight 01.jpg PWF Junior Heavyweight 02.jpg PWF World Tag Team.jpg

Worlds Strongest Tag League.jpg

NOAH

GHC Heavyweight.jpg GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team.jpg GHC Junior Heavyweight.jpg GHC Openweight Hardcore.jpg

GHC Tag Team.jpg

EDIT: When you're saving, you're gonna have to rename the files slightly. "AJPWChampionCarnival.jpg.cac852b60755cbb7dd2327eaa5a22e54" should be "AJPW Champion Carnival" or "AJPW Champion Carnival.jpg", so insert spaces between the individual words and remove everything after ".jpg". If you don't do this, they won't be connected to the database properly.

What a guy! yes ive just noticed everything else is on except belts before the letter I so ill try re downloading, thanks again for this! 

• Like 1

I don't want to nitpick because of how greatly detailed this mod is (it's so good that it's actually ruined most other mods for me!). I was just wondering what the rationale is behind the new contract figures for Christian, Rhyno and the Dudleyz at TNA. At $500 a show on an exclusive deal, if they appear at both TV shows each week as well as the monthly event, they only make $4500 a month each. That seems extremely low, unless I'm missing something.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mitas said:

I don't want to nitpick because of how greatly detailed this mod is (it's so good that it's actually ruined most other mods for me!). I was just wondering what the rationale is behind the new contract figures for Christian, Rhyno and the Dudleyz at TNA. At $500 a show on an exclusive deal, if they appear at both TV shows each week as well as the monthly event, they only make $4500 a month each. That seems extremely low, unless I'm missing something.

Firstly, thank you. Your praise means a lot!

Secondly, wages are random and not pre-set, so it's what the game has given them based on their popularity, the company they're working for, etcetera.

And lastly, I have no idea what the going rate for TNA was at the time. 😆 I did find this article from August, 2007 that suggests it's actually much lower than you might think, but it could be total nonsense. Your figures would work out at roughly $54,000 a year however and according to the New York Times, the average wage of America in 2006 was $46,996, so they'd be earning more than average. That's also not taking into account merchandise cuts and such like too, and the fact they were still allowed to work for their affiliates for extra income.

So overall, I'm not too fussed about the game putting them at $500 a show. The game mechanics obviously think that's where they should be and sometimes it's better to go along with the game mechanics because otherwise it can lead to money pits, and TNA weren't quite there yet in 2006. Obviously, if you think it's too low, you're more than welcome to change it. 👍

I have followed the development of this mod for a good long while and always admired the effort you put in (it's very noticeable upon starting a save and just having a look around). However, the mod's lack of "yet to debut" wrestlers, especially women, was a big turn off, so I never ended up committing to a save. With this most recent release, I've taken the plunge and I've having a blast.

Whilst I have many periods I enjoy more as an adult fan, this era (roughly 2005 - 2009) is my nostalgic sweet spot and it is so gratifying to go back and book my own personal golden age. I'm so happy to finally be able to relive this period. Again, thanks for all your hard work.

If I were to make one request it would be to add the Crockett Cup either as a classic title or a retired alliance title for the NWA. Obviously very minor and unnecessary but I imagine some players (like myself) might want to make use of it for an alternative TNA run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Firstly, thank you. Your praise means a lot!

Secondly, wages are random and not pre-set, so it's what the game has given them based on their popularity, the company they're working for, etcetera.

And lastly, I have no idea what the going rate for TNA was at the time. 😆 I did find this article from August, 2007 that suggests it's actually much lower than you might think, but it could be total nonsense. Your figures would work out at roughly $54,000 a year however and according to the New York Times, the average wage of America in 2006 was $46,996, so they'd be earning more than average. That's also not taking into account merchandise cuts and such like too, and the fact they were still allowed to work for their affiliates for extra income.

So overall, I'm not too fussed about the game putting them at $500 a show. The game mechanics obviously think that's where they should be and sometimes it's better to go along with the game mechanics because otherwise it can lead to money pits, and TNA weren't quite there yet in 2006. Obviously, if you think it's too low, you're more than welcome to change it. 👍

No problem, the praise is well-deserved!

Ah, I didn't realise they were random. I'll probably keep them as is then. I also noticed that Kevin Nash has a 4-year contract with TNA. I always wondered why this was. I looked into it and everyone else I checked has a random expiration date, whereas his is hardcoded at 4, so I set it to random (just in case you wanted to add that in a future update, although it's a very minor detail). Anyway, time to get started on a new save!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitas said:

I also noticed that Kevin Nash has a 4-year contract with TNA. I always wondered why this was. I looked into it and everyone else I checked has a random expiration date, whereas his is hardcoded at 4, so I set it to random (just in case you wanted to add that in a future update, although it's a very minor detail). Anyway, time to get started on a new save!

I can't remember anything off the top of my head but I also don't think it's a mistake, because it's an unlikely one to make. I'd have to do some digging, but I probably read somewhere (or heard on a shoot interview/podcast) that Nash had signed a set contract for X number of years. It certainly wouldn't surprise me with Nash since he was very good at negotiating contracts, as we all know! 😂

• 3 weeks later...

i was just wondering is anyone playing as tna and if so what are the best ways to get the best ratings out off jeff jarrett and christian in matches as i can't seem to get them above the 50s. Is it because their stats are so low ?

Edited by pringle1996

Posted (edited)

So I thought about playing this mod and got pretty far into the setup until I looked at the roster for the first time.

Am I the only one who thinks the skills are extremely low? Just looking at some of the big names:

- Triple H with low 70s in Charisma, Microphone, Star Quality? Also, 55 Experience in 2006 seems insane.

- Ric Flair in the 70s in terms of Charisma and Microphone?

- John Cena in the 70s in terms of Charisma, Microphone, Star Quality?

- Batista 47 Microphone?

- Randy Orton 59 Charisma?

- CM Punk 57 Star Quality?

- Bryan Danielson (who was best wrestler and best technical in the Wrestling Observer awards that year) with 79 Technical and 66 Psychology?

I would think that maybe you kept all the skills low since TEW sometimes gives out "too good" ratings, but then Edge and Jericho are fine in terms of charisma.

Edited by Version1

On 5/1/2024 at 9:53 AM, Version1 said:

So I thought about playing this mod and got pretty far into the setup until I looked at the roster for the first time.

Am I the only one who thinks the skills are extremely low? Just looking at some of the big names:

- Triple H with low 70s in Charisma, Microphone, Star Quality? Also, 55 Experience in 2006 seems insane.

- Ric Flair in the 70s in terms of Charisma and Microphone?

- John Cena in the 70s in terms of Charisma, Microphone, Star Quality?

- Batista 47 Microphone?

- Randy Orton 59 Charisma?

- CM Punk 57 Star Quality?

- Bryan Danielson (who was best wrestler and best technical in the Wrestling Observer awards that year) with 79 Technical and 66 Psychology?

I would think that maybe you kept all the skills low since TEW sometimes gives out "too good" ratings, but then Edge and Jericho are fine in terms of charisma.

Oh, my skills are definitely conservative as that's how I prefer to play my games - and therefore how I prefer to make my modifications. There's no hiding that as I've always been forefront with that information. Some modifications make it far too easy for you to expand and get high ratings, whilst I prefer more of a challenge and to see natural growth. If you prefer to play differently, that's absolutely fair and I have absolutely no problem with people altering my modifications to their liking. 

Having said all of that, I'm always open to suggestions as the modification was started a long time ago and my opinions on wrestlers and my understanding of TEW as a game has come a long way since I first started, so there's always going to be outliers that wouldn't match up with how I'd rate workers now.

• Triple H - That's fair. I'm happy with 'Star Quality' and 'Experience' (I do experience differently to almost everyone else I've seen) but 'Charisma' and 'Microphone' could do with increasing.
  • Ric Flair - This is mid-2000s Ric Flair, not prime Ric Flair. They're perfectly acceptable where they are and, if anything, I may even lower him some. He could still hit the catchphrases but he'd often stumble over his words at this point, and he didn't command a room like he used to either. 
  • John Cena - He's at 82 in 'Charisma', which I'm comfortable with. And he's only 29, so still has time to develop. This was just before he became the mega star so he's right on that precipice but hasn't yet become the John Cena that we know of now in hindsight. I'm comfortable with that.
  • Batista - You think Batista warrants more? He was never the best on the microphone and instead relied on his 'Charisma', 'Star Quality' and obviously his look. Without WWE's scripts, I could totally see him doing a Scott Steiner promo. 
  • Randy Orton - That's another fair one. If I recall, I was really down on Orton at the time I made him because he'd just done something stupid but he's grown on me since he's matured and I like the new veteran Randy, so he definitely warrants an increase now I'm not biased against him. 😆
  • CM Punk - Yeah, I'm comfortable with that, to be honest. Especially at this point in his career. You'd see 50 people who looked just like Punk at any skate park in 2006. He did eventually lean into that 'Star Quality' in his career but it certainly wasn't something he was born with, and it's not really something that got him over in my opinion.
  • Bryan Danielson - He has 84 'Technical' so you must have got a bad variance. 'Psychology' could definitely do with upping though. I think I was afraid of overpowering him at this point in his career but when you go back and watch his matches from this time period, he was still a total ring general so it would be wrong of me to ignore that.

Chris Jericho has always been one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the world and Edge was really at the top of his game in 2006, so both are naturally higher. It's not a sign that the rest are undervalued.

Thank you for getting in touch. I hope you give the modification an actual playthrough or, alternatively, change it to meet your own desires. I just want people to enjoy what I put out, however that enjoyment may come. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mammoth said:

(I do experience differently to almost everyone else I've seen)

Hey Mammoth, I'm always interested in your insight and explanations. I'm just curious about this part: could you elaborate on how you do Experience compared with everyone else?

As an aside, Shifting Sands is my all-time favourite mod, I can't say it enough. So thank you for your ongoing efforts, they are greatly appreciated!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Almaida said:

Hey Mammoth, I'm always interested in your insight and explanations. I'm just curious about this part: could you elaborate on how you do Experience compared with everyone else?

As an aside, Shifting Sands is my all-time favourite mod, I can't say it enough. So thank you for your ongoing efforts, they are greatly appreciated!

Sure. It's not a secret, nor is it particularly special or interesting. 😆 

Essentially, like all the other statistics, I'm a lot stricter on it. Whilst nearly every modification I've ever seen would give, say, Triple H between 80-90 for 'Experience' if he's been wrestling for ten years, I'd give him around a 60 as that equates to a "C". For me, that separates ten year "veterans" from those who have done it for twenty+ years, which is commonplace for a lot of wrestlers. It just means there's a bigger difference between workers who have wrestled for a few years and those that have wrestled for decades as otherwise nearly everyone is incredibly experienced, as I've found in almost every other modification I've played. It's almost felt like rather than a full 0-100 scale, some modifications have had a 50-100 scale which made the games very easy to play. 

Thank you very much for your appreciation. It truly means a lot! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Thank you for getting in touch. I hope you give the modification an actual playthrough or, alternatively, change it to meet your own desires. I just want people to enjoy what I put out, however that enjoyment may come. 👍

You know what? This evening I will set up a new game and do some changes to WWE and adjacent and post my thoughts nad changes in here with your reasoning in mind :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

V1 Changes

So I'm going to use bold text or else this would be unreadable. I will look at some of the top workers of the US in some of the skills to kinda balance it out with how you do things. Idk if that will be helpful at all to you, but I think it might make the mod more fun for me. So here are the benchamrks:

Brawling: 80 - Brock Lesnar

Technical: 90 - Chris Benoit

Aerial: 82 - Rey Mysterio

Psychology: 92 - Hulk Hogan

Charisma: 90 - Edge and Shawn Michaels

Microphone: 93 - The Rock

Star Quality: 87 - The Rock

Okay, let's look at selected workers:

Batista:

While he isn't the greatest talker of all time, he is currently sitting around people like Juventud or RVD. I would at least get him up to Big Show levels. Other than that, maybe his basics and selling are a bit low but I leave them for now.

Microphone: 44 -> 57

Big Show:

Pretty Straightforward, I think he has shown he is charismatic when allowed to be.

Charisma: 62 -> 65

Edge:

Don't kill me, but I think you overrated him a little. Sure he is charismatic and great on the Mic, but I wouldn't say he is on The Rock's level.

Charisma: 94 -> 85

Microphone: 89 -> 84

Eric Bischoff:

Charisma: 66 -> 70

Joey Styles:

Maybe reverse his Announcing and Colour?

John Cena:

Star Quality: 76 -> 80

Kane:

Star Quality: 81 -> 72

Kurt Angle:

Come on, Kurt wasn't that bad on the mic in 2006.

Psychology: 73 -> 80

Charisma: 74 -> 82

Microphone: 69 -> 78

Star Quality: 66 -> 75

Mick Foley:

Charisma: 69 -> 82

Randy Orton:

Charisma: 59 -> 70

Microphone: 64 -> 66

Triple H:

Feel like both his entertainment value and in-ring skills are somewhat undervalued. Also, why does he have way less experience than Big Show when Triple H is longer in the business?

Psychology: 78 -> 85

Experience: 53 -> 70

Charisma: 69 -> 84

Microphone: 74 -> 82

Star Quality: 71 -> 78

William Regal:

Charisma: 64 -> 70

Chris Jericho:

As much as I like Jericho, he should be a bit lower.

Charisma: 89 -> 87

Microphone: 94 -> 88

Star Quality: 81 -> 76

Experience: 63 -> 73

Bryan Danielson:

Psychology: 68 -> 77

Edited by Version1

35 minutes ago, Version1 said:

V1 Changes

So I'm going to use bold text or else this would be unreadable. I will look at some of the top workers of the US in some of the skills to kinda balance it out with how you do things. Idk if that will be helpful at all to you, but I think it might make the mod more fun for me. So here are the benchamrks:

Brawling: 80 - Brock Lesnar

Technical: 90 - Chris Benoit

Aerial: 82 - Rey Mysterio

Psychology: 92 - Hulk Hogan

Charisma: 90 - Edge and Shawn Michaels

Microphone: 93 - The Rock

Star Quality: 87 - The Rock

I have no problem with you doing this if it helps you work out where you want certain statistics but just for the record, I do not use "benchmarks" when I'm working on my modifications. To do so would just give me a headache. 😆 Every single worker is done individually (except occasionally sibling tag teams) so the statistics of other workers have no bearing on another. If a worker is rated higher or lower in one statistic than another, it's purely because that's where I thought they should have been at the time I made them.

39 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Batista:

While he isn't the greatest talker of all time, he is currently sitting around people like Juventud or RVD. I would at least get him up to Big Show levels. Other than that, maybe his basics and selling are a bit low but I leave them for now.

Microphone: 44 -> 57

I'd argue Big Show has always been a consistent and underrated talker. Sitting around Juventud Guerrera and Rob Van Dam doesn't surprise me or annoy me whatsoever. Maybe I'm just not Batista's biggest fan? 😆

41 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Big Show:

Pretty Straightforward, I think he has shown he is charismatic when allowed to be.

Charisma: 62 -> 65

I think we agree on this? 65 is still a C. Granted, with the right variance, it's much easier for him to move into that C+ region but he can also hit it from where I've situated him. I certainly wouldn't rate him any higher as a lot of his 'Charisma' can easily be associated with his look.

44 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Edge:

Don't kill me, but I think you overrated him a little. Sure he is charismatic and great on the Mic, but I wouldn't say he is on The Rock's level.

Charisma: 94 -> 85

Microphone: 89 -> 84

DIE! DIE! DIE! 😛 Over long periods of his career, I'd agree with you. But at this point in time, he was one of the hottest things in professional wrestling, and he was tearing it up on a weekly basis with the microphone. I'd argue that he could have easily held his own with The Rock at this point had it been one of the times Rocky returned. In contrast to Batista... maybe I'm just an Edge-head. 😂

47 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Eric Bischoff:

Charisma: 66 -> 70

Again, 70 is still a C+ so we're essentially agreeing anyway.

48 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Joey Styles:

Maybe reverse his Announcing and Colour?

No, I think he was always a better Colour Commentator than an Announcer - even though he did the latter far more than the former. When you're more famous for screaming "OH MY GAWD!" than actually calling the matches, I think it's fair to say you're stronger adding Colour. If you disagree however, then you're more than welcome to change it up, obviously.

51 minutes ago, Version1 said:

John Cena:

Star Quality: 76 -> 80

Another one where we essentially agree as that isn't going to make much of a difference. Also, I'd refer you to my earlier post to remind you that John Cena is still perfectly capable of developing as he's only 29 years of age. It all depends on your destiny roll, but he's more likely than not to reach Super-Cena levels. I may even ensure this as Cena was basically already on the road to superstardom in January, 2006 by taking out the randomness of his potential in key areas like "Performance Skills" and "Mental Skills". I might look into that one.

54 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Kane:

Star Quality: 81 -> 72

This is one of those instances where I wish you could alter certain skills with an alter ego. Whilst I totally agree with you that he should be dropped in line with his unmasking, I'd argue he's still a solid B when he puts the mask back on. If I could do one skill for masked and one for unmasked, I'd be singing and dancing. I may find a happy middle ground. Another one I'll have to think about.

57 minutes ago, Version1 said:

Kurt Angle:

Come on, Kurt wasn't that bad on the mic in 2006.

Psychology: 73 -> 80

Charisma: 74 -> 82

Microphone: 69 -> 78

Star Quality: 66 -> 75

A 69 isn't "bad" by any means. And if you chuckled at that, get your mind out of the gutter, people. 😛 I think he did well in the heavily scripted 'E and would gladly have upped him but when he went to TNA, I think he proved that he was more of a slightly above average talker only. I think it's why he relied more on his "Wrestling Machine" gimmick during this period which really excelled due to his obvious in-ring skills and his intense charisma.

I've upped his 'Psychology' because that appears to be an oversight, but I'm happy with everything else for my own database preferences.

1 hour ago, Version1 said:

Mick Foley:

Charisma: 69 -> 82

Mick Foley is such a hard case. I wouldn't say he was more charismatic than where I've positioned him and yet he's hugely likable which has made him one of the biggest stars of a generation. I'm not going to change him because I'm comfortable where he sits, but it almost makes me wish there was an "X Factor" statistic that explains why someone like Foley resonates even though there isn't really a way to explain it. 😆

Randy Orton:

Charisma: 59 -> 70

Microphone: 64 -> 66

I've already increased his 'Charisma' to 69 on my own database, I don't think I'll be moving his 'Microphone' though. He's always been competent but I wouldn't say he was above average. However, he's only 26 so can develop should a user get a good destiny roll.

Triple H:

Feel like both his entertainment value and in-ring skills are somewhat undervalued. Also, why does he have way less experience than Big Show when Triple H is longer in the business?

Psychology: 78 -> 85

Experience: 53 -> 70

Charisma: 69 -> 84

Microphone: 74 -> 82

Star Quality: 71 -> 78

Big Show is the oversight. As I tend to start my modifications with the larger companies and work through their rosters alphabetically, the chances are Big Show was one of the first names I entered and, therefore, I probably hadn't worked out where I wanted every one to sit yet. This will definitely be fixed.

As I said in my previous post, I've increased his 'Charisma' and 'Microphone' but I'm happy with everything else, personally.

William Regal:

Charisma: 64 -> 70

I'm happy with him sitting in the 60s. I wouldn't say he was more charismatic than that at any point in his career. He always got over by other means.

Chris Jericho:

As much as I like Jericho, he should be a bit lower.

Charisma: 89 -> 87

Microphone: 94 -> 88

Star Quality: 81 -> 76

Experience: 63 -> 73

Another one I'm happy with, but please feel free to use your own preferences. 👍

Bryan Danielson:

Psychology: 68 -> 77

I've actually changed his 'Psychology' to 78 in my database. :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Have just started up a game with this and although only a couple of weeks in, its pretty enjoyable. Suitably challenging I would say, which sort of matches the era.

Excellent explanations of where stats are at above aswell, just going through them now and updating in game .

I would add though in terms of updates, Jeff Hardy was signed to TNA at the start of 2006 but was suspended

Edited by s7eve_s
  • Thanks 1

I do agree with this, it can be tough but I do like that there is a mod that is more strict and where you can tell a lot of work went in. It makes it stand apart and know that if you want to work hard even as the WWE, there is this mod.

I really found myself being forced to use the right wrestlers for a better rating where I can usually mostly do however I want. 

• Like 3

It's important to remember that skills change and develop as you play. I had a ROUGH start to my save with WWE due to everyone's stats, but I powered through it and am now 4 years deep and have developed some of these guys (and even some midcard guys who never got a big break in reality) into proper main event mega stars. Most of the fun with this mod for me has been having to actually think about where on a card and who I should book people against if I want them to get better. I'd lost that touch playing CV or other mods where it was much easier to just cheese ratings and become unbeatable. 

By far my favorite real world mod; and glad I've been able to give Mammoth some help with a couple workers here or there or shouted out names for him to add to the database. (Thank you so much for adding Jamie 😝!)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, Shianne_EB said:

It's important to remember that skills change and develop as you play. I had a ROUGH start to my save with WWE due to everyone's stats, but I powered through it and am now 4 years deep and have developed some of these guys (and even some midcard guys who never got a big break in reality) into proper main event mega stars. Most of the fun with this mod for me has been having to actually think about where on a card and who I should book people against if I want them to get better. I'd lost that touch playing CV or other mods where it was much easier to just cheese ratings and become unbeatable. 

By far my favorite real world mod; and glad I've been able to give Mammoth some help with a couple workers here or there or shouted out names for him to add to the database. (Thank you so much for adding Jamie 😝!)

Any chance you can show a screengrab of one of your top stars currently? Would love to see how stats and pop have developed?

First 100 rated segment!!

100.png

Edited by s7eve_s
added info
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 2:51 PM, s7eve_s said:

Any chance you can show a screengrab of one of your top stars currently? Would love to see how stats and pop have developed?

First 100 rated segment!!

100.png

Sure, here's John Morrison, Great Khali & Big Show as of June 2010 in my save. They aren't the greatest stat wise, but each have come a fairly long way from the beginning of the save.

JohnMorrisonStats.png

KhaliStats.png

BigShow.png

Edited by Shianne_EB