[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

SHIFTING SANDS 2.0

This is a substantial update, hence why I'm officially calling it Shifting Sands 2.0. I won't bang on about what's new and instead let you guys see for yourselves but I think the big headline is that I've added over FOUR HUNDRED workers. As always, I hope you enjoy.

AKNIy4I.png

NVjNZdD.png

Direct Links

Database - Pictures

Grey Dog Software has recently made it very clear that we aren't allowed to link directly to donations on their forums to ensure they're covered if anything was to go wrong, but they've graciously allowed people to do it through third party websites such as social media. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account to simply link people to my (or more importantly my wife's) PayPal account. Please be aware that all my modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy it, but if you would like to give me something in return then it'll be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Link: Click Me

• Like 1

Hey, first of all, thank you for the amazing update !

Since I don't know what is on purpose or not, here's all that I've gathered while looking very quickly :

- There is no narrative for wrestling companies that changes logos : CHIKARA, CMLL, CZW, FCW, GSW, ICW, IWA:MS, IWS, JCW, NOAH, NXT, PWR, RCW, ROH, TNA, WSU, WWE.

- There is no narrative for wrestling companies that changes names : AAA (?), TNA, JCW, NXT, WSU, PWR.

- There is no narrative for wrestling dojos that changes logos : DG Trueborn, NOAH.

- Some school don't have logos with the others versions of the promotions logos (for exemple ROH only has the old ROH logos as a school).

- Agers are mostly not activated.

- Most championships aren't gender restricted, I don't think this a problem for promotion like AJPW but for companies such as WWE, the AI could put the WWE Championship on womens if the championship is vacated. I don't know if this is possible but we never know.

- Few companies are missing their new versions of logos : DDT, EVE, Impact etc.

Also, Martin Casaus has clashing attributes that stop the game from launching (probably Fearless & Risk Taker).

There's also loyalty/contracts problems (Go Shiozaki should be loyal to NOAH or NOAH Trueborn rather than loyal to AJPW) and promotions/wrestlers missing but those seems more like personnal opinions than anything else.

Once again thank you for your work, especially on the attributes, you are the only one that put that much work in there !

But I can't seem to notice that there is no narrative for wrestling companies that changes logos (WWE, Stardom, NOAH etc.) or names (TNA, JCW, NXT) or agers activated.

Is that on purpose ?

Also, Martin Casaus has clashing attributes that stop the game from lauching (probably Fearless & Risk Taker).

Might edit the comment, to add more things.

Urgh. I could have sworn I did a "Data Check" before uploading. My bad. I've now removed the error and reuploaded but if you've already downloaded, it'll probably be a lot easier just to remove the "Risk Taker" attribute from Martin Casaus.

I don't add narratives for stuff like that because I'd rather leave it as a choice for the players themselves. The only reason I've included NWA Cyberspace/Shockwave is because it so happens so close to the start date of the modification, and it was largely already in the pipeline in real life so I felt like I had to.

Some workers have agers (this is predominantly done if their first picture is of them looking particularly young) but apart from that, I've only really used the "Classic" and "Retired" functions of agers. This is largely because there isn't particularly a large difference in most people from 2006 to now, apart from the usual attire changes and such like. As we get further from 2006 in real life, it's probably something I'll revisit. I just didn't feel it was as necessary as it obviously was for Territory Daze.

Urgh. I could have sworn I did a "Data Check" before uploading. My bad. I've now removed the error and reuploaded but if you've already downloaded, it'll probably be a lot easier just to remove the "Risk Taker" attribute from Martin Casaus.

I don't add narratives for stuff like that because I'd rather leave it as a choice for the players themselves. The only reason I've included NWA Cyberspace/Shockwave is because it so happens so close to the start date of the modification, and it was largely already in the pipeline in real life so I felt like I had to.

Some workers have agers (this is predominantly done if their first picture is of them looking particularly young) but apart from that, I've only really used the "Classic" and "Retired" functions of agers. This is largely because there isn't particularly a large difference in most people from 2006 to now, apart from the usual attire changes and such like. As we get further from 2006 in real life, it's probably something I'll revisit. I just didn't feel it was as necessary as it obviously was for Territory Daze.

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick response.

I'll just privately edit this stuff then.

Also I want to point out (since they are a "major" promotion) that NXT UK (and their Championships) is missing aswell (Company logo's already in there).

Since I don't know what is on purpose or not, here's all that I've gathered while looking very quickly :

- Some school don't have logos with the others versions of the promotions logos (for exemple ROH only has the old ROH logos as a school).

- Most championships aren't gender restricted, I don't think this a problem for promotion like AJPW but for companies such as WWE, the AI could put the WWE Championship on womens if the championship is vacated. I don't know if this is possible but we never know.

- Few companies are missing their new versions of logos : DDT, EVE, Impact etc.

There's also loyalty/contracts problems (Go Shiozaki should be loyal to NOAH or NOAH Trueborn rather than loyal to AJPW) and promotions/wrestlers missing but those seems more like personnal opinions than anything else.

Once again thank you for your work, especially on the attributes, you are the only one that put that much work in there !

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick response.

I'll just privately edit this stuff then.

Also I want to point out (since they are a "major" promotion) that NXT UK (and their Championships) is missing aswell (Company logo's already in there).

That's fair enough, I'll add the updated logos to dojo backgrounds.

I haven't changed the titles in terms of genders for a while and I haven't been told that it's been a problem, so I'm happy leaving it as it is - especially as many of the titles actually have had women win the belt at different times. If I hear about it being a problem though, I'll revisit it.

I'll look the logos over, but I don't think there's that many missing.

Go Shiozaki has now been fixed. I don't know how I missed that, to be honest. xD

I have no plans to add NXT UK as a company as of right now. If I was doing a modern modification, I wouldn't add them as a company then either to be honest because I think it would work better as a brand. I have included the logo though just in case people wanted to add it themselves, and I'll add a picture of the belts before the next update to ensure people can add them too if they so feel like it.

Thank you for the feedback. It's a huge help. And thank you for the comment in regards to attributes because I honestly think they're the best feature Adam has added in years, and I think it's such a shame that some modifications don't use them to their full potential. So yeah, it means a lot when people like yourself notice that I put so much effort into them. :)

<p>This is minor but Zero-1 should have the "AWA" Title around this time. It is exactly the same as the old AWA belt but it was run by a weird pseudo AWA successor that WWE put out of business for trademark infringement. Corino was champ at the start of this mod. </p><p> </p><p>

IRL Corino travelled around with it but since it wouldn't really ever leave a Japanese performer again 'til ZERO-1 ended their affiliation with the AWA in 07 I don't think it'd really warrant being an alliance title in the mod or anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="outb0undflight" data-cite="outb0undflight" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53211" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is minor but Zero-1 should have the "AWA" Title around this time. It is exactly the same as the old AWA belt but it was run by a weird pseudo AWA successor that WWE put out of business for trademark infringement. Corino was champ at the start of this mod. <p> </p><p> IRL Corino travelled around with it but since it wouldn't really ever leave a Japanese performer again 'til ZERO-1 ended their affiliation with the AWA in 07 I don't think it'd really warrant being an alliance title in the mod or anything.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yeah, that's a complicated one which is why I ultimately decided against adding it. I don't believe ZERO1-Max ever owned it and it was actually promoted by Wrestling Superstars Live, which obviously aren't part of the modification. Corino - as you say - did tour with it and defended it in Japan (and ultimately lost it in Japan), but I'd feel uncomfortable giving it to ZERO1-Max because there's no way of stopping the AI promoting it as a normal title. As it's not the original or "proper" AWA World Heavyweight Championship, I wouldn't give it very much prestige anyway so I don't think Corino is losing much by not having it in the modification.</p>

Edge's MitB win is missing in the newest update. Easy enough to add, but figured I'd chime in so others can fix it.

He's set to the current champion. I always thought that if someone was set to the current champion, it'll automatically add them to the list of previous champions after someone else won the "title" but I just tested it and that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll add him as a title lineage instead for the next update. Thank you.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="macca87" data-cite="macca87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53211" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey Mammoth not sure if it's been mentioned but the AJPW Jr Heavyweight belt is set for AAA instead of AJPW.</div></blockquote><p> Sonofa...</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the heads up. I'll update the modification later tonight and reupload because that's very annoying. xD</p>

Thanks for the mod and latest update Mammoth! Is Chyna anywhere in this update? I can't seem to find her under her usual names.

She hadn't wrestled since 02 and didn't wrestle another match until 2011. Even then it was a one off and she sucked in that. She was effectively done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Any chance of adding Shanna in the next update as I can't seem to find her and she apparently debuts in 06, thanks in advance.

Hey, no Rex Steiner in the future workers?

Both been added to my "To-Do List". :)

My apologies for not replying sooner nor doing any further updates to this but I've been working on a brand new modification (which is why I've largely been silent on the boards) but I'll hopefully be able to announce that soon and reintegrate myself. I hope you're all still enjoying the modification.

• 6 months later...

Love this mod but I wish WWE wouldn't raid TNA at the start of the game. They weren't interested in Bubba, Christian and Rhyno so not sure why they come in for them every time. There was a lot of talk about Samoa Joe at the time so I accept that they go for him. Just find them raiding a little immersion breaking. 

45 minutes ago, jean-vic said:

Love this mod but I wish WWE wouldn't raid TNA at the start of the game. They weren't interested in Bubba, Christian and Rhyno so not sure why they come in for them every time. There was a lot of talk about Samoa Joe at the time so I accept that they go for him. Just find them raiding a little immersion breaking. 

Change Vince's roster size in the editor. More of a band aid than a cure, but it does help.

• 1 month later...

They're generally low, so it's not just you. 😛 It's just the way I prefer my modifications as I prefer to have a challenge and I've always felt inflated star quality makes things too easy. As always, you're welcome to adjust statistics to however you prefer to play.

• Like 1