[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

I see Jeff Hardy is signed with WWE despite his TNA contract not ending until summer of '06. I know there were some issues and he didn't appear on live TV that year, but he worked house shows and didn't show up for WWE until August.

Jeff Hardy is unemployed at the start of the game. Yes, he was technically still employed by TNA (until June, I believe) but by this point, he was already suspended and basically seeing out his contract and as there's no way to replicate that, I figured it was easier just leaving him unemployed. If a player wants to bring him back into the fold, they can just sign him up again.

Jeff Hardy is unemployed at the start of the game. Yes, he was technically still employed by TNA (until June, I believe) but by this point, he was already suspended and basically seeing out his contract and as there's no way to replicate that, I figured it was easier just leaving him unemployed. If a player wants to bring him back into the fold, they can just sign him up again.

Oh okay, fair enough. Must've missed WWE signing him then. It caught my attention on my initial sim, especially because he was wrestling as Brother Nero lol.

Mod looks excellent, looking forward to getting stuck in soon, 2 quick notes so far is that I agree with what's already been said in terms of most workers pop and stats being a little too low, although they area at least consistent, for instance 35 year old Christopher Daniels would be someone I would immediately fire based on his stats and his age if I had no idea who he was, with little to no room to grow presumably because of his age, whereas in real life he had what is considered one of the greatest matches in at least modern wrestling history only a few months ago, only other thing of note so far is a lack of set to debut workers but I'm assuming they will come in time as they are probably low on the priority list for obvious reasons, I would like to see all of the major names that debut over the next 10 years or so if possible with a focus on the many talented women wrestlers that debut in that time period, other than the mod looks like the best looking first release of a TEW2020 mod so far and looking forward to any future updates.

Mod looks excellent, looking forward to getting stuck in soon, 2 quick notes so far is that I agree with what's already been said in terms of most workers pop and stats being a little too low, although they area at least consistent, for instance 35 year old Christopher Daniels would be someone I would immediately fire based on his stats and his age if I had no idea who he was, with little to no room to grow presumably because of his age, whereas in real life he had what is considered one of the greatest matches in at least modern wrestling history only a few months ago, only other thing of note so far is a lack of set to debut workers but I'm assuming they will come in time as they are probably low on the priority list for obvious reasons, I would like to see all of the major names that debut over the next 10 years or so if possible with a focus on the many talented women wrestlers that debut in that time period, other than the mod looks like the best looking first release of a TEW2020 mod so far and looking forward to any future updates.

As I've said previously, it's just my own personal tastes that things are "low". I prefer the challenge instead of being able to get high ratings just because. As always though, people are able to change it to suit their own tastes and particularly in TEW20, it's easy to do so.

I think Christopher Daniels is actually a unique example because I think he's a good wrestler who isn't - and never really has been - great. Can he have truly great matches with the right opponent like the example you've referred to? Absolutely. Is he a talented veteran who can get the occasional push on the independent circuit? Yes. But would I rate him any higher than that? Not personally. So yeah, I'm actually happy with where he sits in the modification and I can't make you keep him on your roster but personally, I think he's a quality veteran in any save.

Yeah, there's plenty of names to be added so I think you'll be happy with future updates. :)

Probably nog likely, but any chance of a gif pic pack happening for this fantastic mod?

Maybe. I've already said that I'm hoping to do an alternative picture pack because I know some people don't like it (and some people love it) so I might work on a gif pack at the same time or, alternatively, make the alt a gif pack in itself. I haven't really decided anything yet but I absolutely LOVE the gif style so I'd like to incorporate it into one of my modifications completely but yeah, I haven't come to any concrete decisions. :)

Maybe. I've already said that I'm hoping to do an alternative picture pack because I know some people don't like it (and some people love it) so I might work on a gif pack at the same time or, alternatively, make the alt a gif pack in itself. I haven't really decided anything yet but I absolutely LOVE the gif style so I'd like to incorporate it into one of my modifications completely but yeah, I haven't come to any concrete decisions. :)

I've said it many times before in the previous version for 16' but I genuinely love the pic pack. It looks tremendous and helps make the mod compared to other mods who use similar style pics.

RE: Ophidian

This is the first time I've heard about this, and I can't find anything after a quick search. Do you have any proof, please?

He may have mentioned it on social media at some point, but it's from personal knowledge - I've worked with him several times, so it's come up in conversation. Obviously not a dealbreaker either way, just something I noticed when going through the yet-to-debut workers.

Could argue that TNA have the incorrect product setting. They certainly weren't classic sports entertainment in 2006 and definitely didn't shy away from more adult content both in-ring and out.

I haven't got it open right now but I'll review it next time I take a look. :)

He may have mentioned it on social media at some point, but it's from personal knowledge - I've worked with him several times, so it's come up in conversation. Obviously not a dealbreaker either way, just something I noticed when going through the yet-to-debut workers.

Okay, brilliant. I'll take your word for it and change him to Hispanic. :)

As far as I know, she hadn't worked outside of Germany at this point, with the exception of a couple of other European countries so I thought maybe she didn't know any English yet. If you know better, I'm happy to change it. I've added a relationship with Masahiro Chono though and passable Japanese as I'm sure she learnt a bit from him. This is actually the first time I heard this but I looked it up and judging by the age of her brother and sister, I'm happy to go along with her mother having already met Chono by this point in time.

If I remember correctly Germans have to learn English in school

If I remember correctly Germans have to learn English in school

Yup. Although atleast in the past French was also a option instead. Eastern Germany has also a fair amount of people with Russian as a secondary language. Not that it matters too much, but pretty much every Central and Scandinavian European worker would have English at Passable or better realistically

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Satyr24" data-cite="Satyr24" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53211" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I remember correctly Germans have to learn English in school</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53211" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yup. Although atleast in the past French was also a option instead. Eastern Germany has also a fair amount of people with Russian as a secondary language. Not that it matters too much, but pretty much every Central and Scandinavian European worker would have English at Passable or better realistically</div></blockquote><p> <span>http://38.media.tumblr.com/91359c13d6c851808aeb192845796a8b/tumblr_n7cvk7TDaR1smcbm7o1_500.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> In that case, I'll make her English passable.</p>

Indeed, in Germany we learn english as secondary language. We can chose between french and spanish, sometimes russian as third language.

And man, here in the States it's not even mandatory to take a second language...Well that's dumb. My high school was tiny and only offered Spanish and German as electives, but I had no interest in either. Some schools offered Japanese and Mandarin. Would have loved to take either of those.

Indeed, in Germany we learn english as secondary language. We can chose between french and spanish, sometimes russian as third language.

Also Latin or (old) Greek. Latin helped me to understand French & Spanish a tiny bit, while making learning Italian easier

Brother... This Mod is simply fantastic. I loved it before, and I love this version just as much.

I do ask one thing though being that it's always my pet project when playing real world mods prior to 2008. Mike Awesome. I've looked, and I can't seem to find him. Could it be a thing to add him to your list of workers to be added. Much appreciated either way for the work you've put into this mod my dude.

After going through every worked in the database in my save I think TNA being able to sign The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg & Chris Jericho at their current level is a little too unrealistic and may need looked at, on a positive note every mod I've ever played for TEW has been late 90's to late 00's and there's a good amount of workers I've never heard of before that look interesting especially the womens wrestlers so kudos on that.

After going through every worked in the database in my save I think TNA being able to sign The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg & Chris Jericho at their current level is a little too unrealistic and may need looked at, on a positive note every mod I've ever played for TEW has been late 90's to late 00's and there's a good amount of workers I've never heard of before that look interesting especially the womens wrestlers so kudos on that.

They were able to sign guys like Sting, Christian, and Angle. Also, Brock was in ligament negotiations with TNA by 2007. Rock is probably too big, but Jericho and Lesnar seem completely reasonable to me personally.

They were able to sign guys like Sting, Christian, and Angle. Also, Brock was in ligament negotiations with TNA by 2007. Rock is probably too big, but Jericho and Lesnar seem completely reasonable to me personally.

Never knew about Brock negotiating with TNA as I started watching around 08/09 but have seen a lot of the classic stuff, now knowing that, Jericho & Lesnar are probably passable but should demand absurd contracts if possible, The Rock for sure shouldn't be available and Goldberg should maybe be set to out of the business at this point?

Never knew about Brock negotiating with TNA as I started watching around 08/09 but have seen a lot of the classic stuff, now knowing that, Jericho & Lesnar are probably passable but should demand absurd contracts if possible, The Rock for sure shouldn't be available and Goldberg should maybe be set to out of the business at this point?

If he’s out of the business, there is no bringing him back. He could have easily returned at any time with enough money thrown at him.

Brother... This Mod is simply fantastic. I loved it before, and I love this version just as much.

I do ask one thing though being that it's always my pet project when playing real world mods prior to 2008. Mike Awesome. I've looked, and I can't seem to find him. Could it be a thing to add him to your list of workers to be added. Much appreciated either way for the work you've put into this mod my dude.

Thanks, man. I can confirm Mike Awesome is already on my list. I think it was probably you who suggested to add him previously. xD I just haven't got 'round to adding anyone yet but yeah, he's definitely on there. :)

If anything The Rock should maybe have WWE Loyalty so he's just unwilling to sign for anyone besides them.

Unrelated: Is it just me or is the Money in the Bank just not in database? I went to add it just so I could keep track of who held it year to year and there's not even a photo for it in the pack. Not a huge deal cause I can just add it myself but it seemed weird that it's not there at all.