Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

On 7/12/2023 at 8:11 AM, Mammoth said:

I've got to admit, it really does bring the world alive. I'm not as big a player of TEW as I am a modificator (it's a word, shut up!) but I've always admired the ThunderVerse and have had a couple of decent play throughs - but having tested it last night, seeing all these pictures all of a sudden as you go through the dates does just bring it to life. Give me a few months off to recover (I'm going to focus on my modifications and leave graphics for a little bit), and I may have to take a look at broadcasters just complete the set. 😛

Mod-Maker or Modder. You’re trying to make it sound so fancy, bud 😅

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends

Just a quick one from me, with PWS getting Workshop support for Steam now please no one convert this to PWS (or any other booking sim) without contacting myself. My inbox on here is fairly clear (although I might take ages to respond work permitting!) so you shouldn't have any issues sending over a message. 

Thank u all in advance

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheSmoothLefty said:

Just found this now, am a new TEW player. Wanting to blog my saves can I use this file and graphics and post the save on here?

Yes, that would be fine. If you're blogging somewhere other than the GDS forums, might be worth linking back here so people can find it if they want to.

• Like 1

Yeah, as jhd said the only thing would be to link here. We've no issues with blogs/saves/diaries/full motion videos etc using the mod but just ask that for anyone porting to another game or thinking about doing any mod work to contact us first to pitch and then go from there. Without meaning to sound all big headed, this has been jhd's child for over a decade now (and I'm surely coming up to the big double digit mark now too!) so we do like to keep creative rights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Roguey said:

Yeah, as jhd said the only thing would be to link here. We've no issues with blogs/saves/diaries/full motion videos etc using the mod but just ask that for anyone porting to another game or thinking about doing any mod work to contact us first to pitch and then go from there. Without meaning to sound all big headed, this has been jhd's child for over a decade now (and I'm surely coming up to the big double digit mark now too!) so we do like to keep creative rights.

4 hours ago, jhd1 said:

Yes, that would be fine. If you're blogging somewhere other than the GDS forums, might be worth linking back here so people can find it if they want to.

Thanks guys, looking forward to giving this a go shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skywalker1976 said:

Quick question, what happened to the company Hollywood Championship Grappling, which was meant to be the 3 largest company in the US. Cant find it...

Saul Keaton bought and closed it while he was expanding NCW. There's a bit about it in Jerry King's bio, and somewhere there's a doc that Roguey put together with bios for all the closed promotions, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edit: Here it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQ-qoLS1-qCCz5sqW3zT9itS1gID6cJr/view

Edited by Markw

9 hours ago, Markw said:

Saul Keaton bought and closed it while he was expanding NCW. There's a bit about it in Jerry King's bio, and somewhere there's a doc that Roguey put together with bios for all the closed promotions, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edit: Here it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQ-qoLS1-qCCz5sqW3zT9itS1gID6cJr/view

Thanks! Appreciate your help!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Absolutely unequivocally no on that. I'd rather the mod self explode on download than use AI art for renders.

I'm going to expand on this before I get settled into work and add that using AI art will never be in consideration for inclusion with this mod be it officially or renders made by someone to fill a gap in the new pictures pool.

Both jhd and I have the presets if people want to render in the style and we can give tips (jhd more than me) on people wanting to learn how to render but we're both not going to spit out prompts for one of the ten thousand websites that generate the same looking images ad nauseam to do the work.

• Like 11

On 1/11/2024 at 3:17 AM, Big Roguey said:

Absolutely unequivocally no on that. I'd rather the mod self explode on download than use AI art for renders.

I'm going to expand on this before I get settled into work and add that using AI art will never be in consideration for inclusion with this mod be it officially or renders made by someone to fill a gap in the new pictures pool.

Both jhd and I have the presets if people want to render in the style and we can give tips (jhd more than me) on people wanting to learn how to render but we're both not going to spit out prompts for one of the ten thousand websites that generate the same looking images ad nauseam to do the work.

LATE TO THE PARTY! This would be spitting in the face of all the work that has gone into the render set over the years too.

ok, apologies for this...it's a bit offtopic, but the 2016 thread is dead, so I thought I'd ask here Since we are dealing with some of the same team.

I was just randomly looking around the boards and was reminded of the excellent From the Depths mod that I really enjoyed.  The links there are dead and the thread itself is too.  So I was wondering if either one of the makers or a TVerse fan here happened to have the old data and pics that I could convert and mess around with in 2020.  It was unfortunately on my old computer which is had a hard drive failure a while back.  So lost it.

Again, I hope it's ok to ask here.  Didn't know where to ask, and figured with some of the same team and it likely having some cross over in players, hopefully someone reading this thread would have it.

Appreciate anyone who reads my rambling, and even more so if anyone is able to hook me up. :)