Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

THUNDERVERSE: REY DE REYES RELEASE THREAD

Current Version: See Second Post

(LATEST DATA IS AVAILABLE IN THE THREAD'S SECOND POST)

KoM20uV.png

Created by The ThunderVerse Team*

Based on the original 2010 mod by jhd1 & Shmoe

"In recognition of its extraordinary quality and the massive amount of effort that its creative team put into it, I'm pleased to announce that I and Grey Dog Software are giving the ThunderVerse our official 'seal of approval', the first time we've done this for a fan-made database. I hope this encourages more people to play it and experience this great game world." - Adam Ryland

INTRODUCTION

The ThunderVerse, originally known as the jhdVerse, has evolved over the course of almost a decade of modding, first released in 2012 for TEW2010. This edition marks development for the fourth iteration of the TEW series: ThunderVerse (TEW2010), ThunderVerse Platinum (TEW2013) and ThunderVerse Diamond (TEW2016).

This is the Rey de Reyes Edition of the ThunderVerse. Recreated from the ground up, the TEW2020 edition of the ThunderVerse is the most complete version of the mod ever developed and offers players a fictional universe that feels both fresh yet grounded in reality.

The main idea behind the ThunderVerse is to offer the player choice (and of course fun!), and there should be something for everyone in the universe we have created, particularly as it now spans all eight of the game's regions.

WHAT IS NEW

• With the mod being built from the ground up, there will be vast changes in place that returning players will notice. From changes to previously established canon to workers changing names, this has been done to further establish the Thunderverse as its own standalone universe.

• Promotions with their own unique styles thanks to TEW20’s new promotion system.

• All workers fleshed out with specific attributes to build a unique and interesting playable universe.

• As well as every promotion continuing to have their home location in their bio, the bio style for workers has now changed to a more “Wikipedia” style bio. This means that in most cases, the worker’s real name is now listed at the start of their bio.

• A new art direction that means every worker is now on the same background and all logos have the same look and feel to them, this includes stable logos.

TIPS, TRICKS & NOTES

• Depending on when the next patch goes live, there will currently be a minor issue when playing as LETHAL Steel given their product. This doesn’t affect the game as a whole (and admittedly is a very minor thing!)

• All Become A Star participants from both seasons are graduates of the Become A Star dojo. It is no longer active, but by filtering the dojo page by Retired/Inactive you'll find it. There however is no Return of a Legend dojo.

• Same as with Thunderverse Diamond’s release, some characters from previous editions no longer “exist”, these characters were removed purely because the team felt their journey had came to an end. Whilst we are aware that the Out of Business setting can cover this, we decided that some people just wouldn't make the jump between the last version of the Thunderverse and this version due to the length of time between editions. Rather than bulking out the data with what would be unnecessary additions, we took the decision to use the space to create new characters that will have more longevity.

DISCLAIMER

We would appreciate it if people did not make a mirror of any release of the ThunderVerse - this allows us to keep control of which version is available for download and prevent outdated copies of the mod being linked to users. As I'm sure you understand, a lot of work has gone into this and we would like to retain its control - this also includes porting the mod to other games that are available or will be available in the future.
The Thunderverse will be TEW exclusive.

CREDITS

ThunderVerse Rey de Reyes was created by
jhd1 and MHero
with the help of ThunderVerse team members
Eastwood, james0, licensetochill, MJStark, RareKuma, sebsplex, shmoe and TheEnforcer
. A huge thanks also goes to this version’s testers
Andy_Kobain, BigPapa42, Crym, Dalton, ElWelshie, foolinc, Jon The GOAT, Mark_W, psx, Pteroid
and
TLLK
. Thanks as well to
kanegan
for helping with location stuff in India.

The ThunderVerse and it's sister projects, the LotharioVerse and ROTW, could not have been created without the help of
20LEgend, angeldelayette, Kamchatka, LoNdOn, Tigerkinney, Trell
and, most importantly,
the support of the GDS/TEW community
as a whole.

Finally, a big thank you to
Sockpuppet
for allowing the use of their excellent Injury Mod within the ThunderVerse.

So it's come to my attention that I've maybe made one (1) goof and a slightly outdated version might have gone up. If the version you have has The Spectre with 0 stats, redownload the mod and it'll be fixed. Wouldn't be a ThunderVerse launch if something didn't go wrong. :p

So it's come to my attention that I've maybe made one (1) goof and a slightly outdated version went up. If the version you have has The Spectre with 0 stats, redownload the mod and it'll be fixed. Wouldn't be a ThunderVerse launch if something didn't go wrong. :p

This is why I leave the uploading to you, then if (when) it goes wrong I look like the marginally more professional of the two of us. I need all the help I can get. :p

I have had five minutes to look into this before work and I am already loving what I am seeing. As someone who loved both Mo Pryde's takeover of women's wrestling in America with AWW Ultra and AJJ over in Japan I already know my first game will be aiming at making their partnership dominant in the Thunderverse.

So much more to look into when I have time to but I am already pumped for this.

if you see any bugs, it’s officially not my fault because Hero didn’t include me in the tester list

also, y’all go run wild with my two beloved baby USA promotions, NCW and Ring of Faith

ETA: never mind, bullying works

So cool! Thank you so much guys :cool:

I have a question for jhd1 and MHero: why did you choose the nickname "Rey de Reyes" I´m Spanish so im a little bit curious about it :D

It's mostly a joke for ourselves (jhd may disagree :p) since every time we claim the mod is the best version of the mod (cause it is until we change it). Just having fun with it. :D Also we ran out of Gen 4 Pokemon titles to use. Thunderverse Soul Silver didn't just have the same ring to it really.

if you see any bugs, it’s officially not my fault because Hero didn’t include me in the tester list

dunno what you mean m9, it's in the opening post and the intro screens to the mod. :cool:

I have a question for jhd1 and MHero: why did you choose the nickname "Rey de Reyes" I´m Spanish so im a little bit curious about it :D

Most of the earlier versions of the mod had a precious material assigned (Gold, Platinum, Diamond) but we felt that we needed something new for this version given it was built from the ground up (literally, we started with a blank database in TEW2016 and worked from there).

From an out-of-game point of view, this is the ultimate version of the mod we've ever created; it's the king of all the other versions.

From an in-game point of view, there is a real push this time around for companies to start thinking globally. For each region there is/will be a king (or queen), and the one company that stands about them all, well, they'd be the king of kings.

We're also both huge fans of lucha libre, have always put a huge amount of effort into making that region feel believable (even if our Spanish translations aren't always great!) and so having a mod with a Spanish subtitle, particularly one that describes the world we've created and serves as a nod to an often overlooked area of wrestling, seemed like a good choice.

Hope that helps!

Yo, the Mod looks great guys. Not sure if you're looking for stuff like this here, but Gold Coast Wrestling is set to be based in New South Wales, but the Gold Coast is is Queensland.

Well spotted, we'll get that sorted for 1.1. They probably don't need 17 pop in Tasmania either...