Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

I have not started a game yet, just checking some workers and companies for now.

But first thing first : my man, "The French Phenom", "The Parisian Playboy", "Le Champion", "La Légende Vivante", JC Giroux is back in his homecountry, ready to make N-EW greater than ever. (And without a touring schedule ? Nice !)

Guess I know what company I'm playing first.

This, then AWW.

EDIT : Just saw what happened to Corvis Jones. It makes me legit sad but at the same time I like this. Unfortunate events ar also part of the business and its history. R.I.P., you'll be missed CJ !

I always preferred Chloe over Nina when it came to the Queens of Quebec so clearly this version of the data has proven me right

Ditto, I still need someone to take pity and give her a Team Maple Leaf jacket for future PWI games.

Of course this comes out while I am on vacation! Can anyone tell me what happened to my boy Corbin Trent

Not in the mod. Don't think we ever decided what became of him so he's either dead, being a family man or off on an adventure that may see him come back (but probably not).

Man... Cross tho... It's like all the people I went for in 2016 are either gone, have passed, or are on the verge. Jesus H!

EDIT: However, my eventual Thunder Championship Wrestling dynasty is going to be packed with a great roster!!!

Wow, those new renders are really disorientating, Everyone looks different! Can say something about some of the new names.

I am just 15-20 mins in getting a feel of the game world and already found out that my favorite scumbag/negative influence is gone. Feels bad.

Great job guys. Can't wait to start a game with UPJ.

Still haven't checked out the mod as I am drowned in work so anybody can tell what is my boy Ares upto?

In white -> Kaine Egan (born May 1982) is an American professional wrestler who wrestles as Ares. A native of Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan, Ares is unbelievably tough. Weighing 270lbs despite his short frame, Ares can throw men overhead at a moments notice with explosive suplexes and it was this that made him one of PWSUX's first breakout stars. A falling out with Derrick Moore in 2007 saw the end of Ares's time in Detroit - claims of a breaching of a verbal agreement being made at the time - with a spell in LETHAL following.

While never competing in the most hardcore bouts the company had to offer, Ares again gained a following purely down to his unstoppable barrage and explosiveness. Ares was reportedly offered a contract by the AWF in 2011 but turned it down on the basis that he knew his limited charisma would mean he would always remain a midcard attraction and has been travelling across North America ever since.

In white -> Kaine Egan (born May 1982) is an American professional wrestler who wrestles as Ares. A native of Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan, Ares is unbelievably tough. Weighing 270lbs despite his short frame, Ares can throw men overhead at a moments notice with explosive suplexes and it was this that made him one of PWSUX's first breakout stars. A falling out with Derrick Moore in 2007 saw the end of Ares's time in Detroit - claims of a breaching of a verbal agreement being made at the time - with a spell in LETHAL following.

While never competing in the most hardcore bouts the company had to offer, Ares again gained a following purely down to his unstoppable barrage and explosiveness. Ares was reportedly offered a contract by the AWF in 2011 but turned it down on the basis that he knew his limited charisma would mean he would always remain a midcard attraction and has been travelling across North America ever since.

So he doesn't have a home now!!!!

There's one in the company bio which is how we missed it. We checked the workers very, very carefully!

Another small issue: some of the Italian location names are written in that city's local dialect rather than in standard Italian.

Palermu -> Palermo

Pärma -> Parma

This is my first real foray into ThunderVerse, and I'm loving what I see so far. I chose National Championship Wrestling because of the similarity to the NWA Powerrr era. As such, I had to tweak James Gilmour a bit as he is going to be my Nick Aldis.

James-Gilmour-alt.jpgJames-Gilmour-alt3.jpgJames-Gilmour-alt4.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for alts, but if anyone else is playing as NCW and wants the starting champions with their belts, here they are:

James-Gilmour-alt2.jpgAbraham-Moore-alt.jpgMegan-Ferrell-alt.jpgAnswer-alt.jpgQuestion-alt.jpgMajor-Damage-alt.jpgCrzy-Will-alt.jpg

This is my first real foray into ThunderVerse, and I'm loving what I see so far. I chose National Championship Wrestling because of the similarity to the NWA Powerrr era. As such, I had to tweak James Gilmour a bit as he is going to be my Nick Aldis.

James-Gilmour-alt.jpgJames-Gilmour-alt3.jpgJames-Gilmour-alt4.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for alts, but if anyone else is playing as NCW and wants the starting champions with their belts, here they are:

James-Gilmour-alt2.jpgAbraham-Moore-alt.jpgMegan-Ferrell-alt.jpgAnswer-alt.jpgQuestion-alt.jpgMajor-Damage-alt.jpgCrzy-Will-alt.jpg

I was about to suggest that maybe MHero or someone create a thread for alts of the T-Verse characters and maybe it could get pinned to the top alongside the other pins given the overwhelming popularity of the mod.

Good work on the alts already, fella.

Hey, hoping something like this hasn't already been asked but I have a question.

I started playing TEW with this release, so I've never played the Thunderverse before. I downloaded the data and it all seems interesting, but I'm wondering if any of you could provide recommendations for a company to play as, and maybe some good wrestlers in it.

I normally play as PGHW or a smaller American Indie in the C-Verse, typically one of the ones that are more wrestling focused and less promo focused, so is there any obvious comparisons to those in the mod?

Hey, hoping something like this hasn't already been asked but I have a question.

I started playing TEW with this release, so I've never played the Thunderverse before. I downloaded the data and it all seems interesting, but I'm wondering if any of you could provide recommendations for a company to play as, and maybe some good wrestlers in it.

I normally play as PGHW or a smaller American Indie in the C-Verse, typically one of the ones that are more wrestling focused and less promo focused, so is there any obvious comparisons to those in the mod?

I've not really played the Cverse much this time around so I can't remember what size PGHW have ended up. DIASPORA are move junior-focused that PGHW, but you could easily rebuild their heavyweight division and you'd probably be relatively close.

For smaller American indies, it depends really on the style of product you're after. GWS are the most "indy" company there is, but there are other options like BCW if you want old school, WrestleX for comedy, HoH for hardcore/deathmatch/an awful backstage.

Nice. By the way, does MHero still have a link to the GDS Discord?

I would imagine so. I've never used Discord but he seems to be a regular :D

Guys, am I missing something? The picture folder doesn't have anything in the broadcasters or events folders?

-

I'm looking at stuff now, I am hyped!

I think there's been a a small miss on the description of MODEL Trigger (last word).

Another small typo noticed on the PWI storyline, An International Education, wrestling > wrestler

I figure the reference to Life Without Fear on Jesse Mills bio should have a capital W.

Possible typo on the last sentence of the Justice Supreme bio? Gary instead of Gant?

These really are small typos, so the quality is high.

Guys, am I missing something?

The picture folder doesn't have anything in the broadcasters or events folders?

No, you're not missing anything, I've just not done them yet. The broadcaster logos are in progress and will be drag and drop once they're released (i.e. the images have been assigned already so they'll automatically appear in existing saves). Event logos is something that I might never get around to doing, simply because there are so many of them and they don't tend to lend themselves to a square image very easily.

EDIT: Well spotted on the MODEL Trigger bio, I wonder if it is over the character limit. We'll get that fixed.

No, you're not missing anything, I've just not done them yet. The broadcaster logos are in progress and will be drag and drop once they're released (i.e. the images have been assigned already so they'll automatically appear in existing saves). Event logos is something that I might never get around to doing, simply because there are so many of them and they don't tend to lend themselves to a square image very easily.

EDIT: Well spotted on the MODEL Trigger bio, I wonder if it is over the character limit. We'll get that fixed.

Fair enough, thanks for the quick reply. Completely understood.

I would imagine so. I've never used Discord but he seems to be a regular :D

Okay then, since he's probably reading this thread right now, he can give me a link to the Discord via PM whenever he can; I went out of the server since all the good mods hadn't been released yet, but that isn't the case now, between the Thunderverse and the 1997 mod. :p