Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

I've been browsing through the DB for more than an hour. SO MUCH to take in. I must admit I was bummed that Dragon, The Club and HONOUR closed down as they were some of my favs in 2016... but the amount of new things are great. I still can't decide on what promotion to play. AWF, CLLM and GWS are tempting... Thanks for the great work!

OH YEAH! I completely forgot to mention it in the OP. I've got a document with the bios of all the closed promotions so you can see what style they would have had/when they closed etc. I'll upload it in pdf form over the next day or so, thinking I might just take tonight off.

Thunderverse passed me by completely on previous iterations, but after reading the excitement of people in the hype thread I'm very eager to give it a download and have a poke around!

Judging by your username I'd definitely have a look. While I like cverse it has taken mods like alternate cverse and women's revolution to make playing a mixed fed or women specific fed fun.

Thunderverse has always had a well rounded experience (so definitely not just for the ladies, I am just highlighting them here because it's my area) but this one is already my favourite iteration. In the 2016 mod two women's wrestling companies were at war with each other in America while Japan's main fed were bringing in two younger guns into their golden four. Now one of the American companies is the second biggest fed in America and looking to challenge for supremacy and they are partnered with the Japan fed whose golden four are now past it with their bright hopes from 2016 not drawing the eyes they need to.

So running both you have a dogfight in America while in Japan you have a rebuilding exercise in effect, getting both right in one save is going to be a pretty good challenge.

is The Ghost Rider in this, i can't find him

Yes but also no. The original Ghost Rider isn't in the mod but he did pass the gimmick down. It's Duke Dynamite now.

How you guys gonna do Corvis Jones like that?!

When he got mentioned in the countdown hype, it took everything I had not to be like "oops". :p

Not sure if it's meant that way but he's not in the database at all. I had to do a hard search that brought up Bryce's bio up explaining what had happened. I was shocked. :eek:

Yeah, it's by design this one. So I mentioned it in the OP a little but rather than having the worker entries of the guys we killed off (or just had leave the business like wrestlers do) we decided to go with some nods in bios and for other guys it'll be like they never existed unless they're in title histories and such. The handful of guys who are set to left the business (or deceased) at the start of a save is the maximum we were going for because there is no real benefit to them being in the game if you can't use them.

On that note, please do not necromancy the dead wrestlers. It may not end well. :D

Mod looks great, I noticed the surname Battaglia is spelled Battalgia a few times in IWF-related bios, nothing serious though. I snorted at the mention of Sassuolo, since it's a very small town whose only claim to fame might be its overachieving (for a town that small, at least) football team. :D

Mod looks great, I noticed the surname Battaglia is spelled Battalgia a few times in IWF-related bios, nothing serious though. I snorted at the mention of Sassuolo, since it's a very small town whose only claim to fame might be its overachieving (for a town that small, at least) football team. :D

Just double checked the mod and I can't see any Battalgia's, where did you see them? :)