Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

14 hours ago, beatingstuff88 said:

Maybe just use an alternate thread for those? Because as much as the T-Verse style is iconic, the art style is in my opinion pretty dated and there isnt a lot of alternates/variety

If people want to use an alternate thread to post them in then nobody can't stop them but if it's made, our stance is quite vocally "we're ignoring all of these".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PhenomenalPat said:

ok, apologies for this...it's a bit offtopic, but the 2016 thread is dead, so I thought I'd ask here Since we are dealing with some of the same team.

I was just randomly looking around the boards and was reminded of the excellent From the Depths mod that I really enjoyed.  The links there are dead and the thread itself is too.  So I was wondering if either one of the makers or a TVerse fan here happened to have the old data and pics that I could convert and mess around with in 2020.  It was unfortunately on my old computer which is had a hard drive failure a while back.  So lost it.

Again, I hope it's ok to ask here.  Didn't know where to ask, and figured with some of the same team and it likely having some cross over in players, hopefully someone reading this thread would have it.

Appreciate anyone who reads my rambling, and even more so if anyone is able to hook me up. :)

I still have a copy, I'll leave the ultimate call with jhd since I wasn't a part of the FTD team. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beatingstuff88 said:

Maybe just use an alternate thread for those? Because as much as the T-Verse style is iconic, the art style is in my opinion pretty dated and there isnt a lot of alternates/variety

There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of hours put into creating the images for the ThunderVerse (there are 3,159 worker pictures in the pic file I have to hand and there have been plenty more that have been cut). A number of people have spent a considerable amount of their limited free time to create them, not even beginning to think about the amount of money spent on Daz3D content. The project has brought together a group of people who have worked on this for years (I started it more than 12 years ago!).

Are the images dated? It's a matter of opinion. Some are, but the majority look as good as the renders coming out today just in a different style. I have always found the style to be consistent and of a high quality, but I'm not daft enough to think everyone likes them. Are there not enough alts? I started on this forum as an alt-maker using the likes of GIMP to make things like a Vader mask for Dread or masked alts for random workers. TVerse alting is significantly easier than Cverse, because the pose and sizing is consistent. If people want to have more alts, learning to do so is an incredibly fun (and relatively easy) thing to do.

Will the ThunderVerse pic file ever change? It depends how long the project continues for, and how long TEW continues to appeal to players, but it won't be done by AI. If someone has the time and desire to create 3,159 AI images of ThunderVerse workers then I would question why they're not just making their own universe. I personally don't want to see a ThunderVerse AI thread, but as @Big Roguey said, we can't stop anyone from doing it. It won't get any support from us though, and even if someone found the time to redo 100% of the images, they won't get included as an official ThunderVerse add-on. This also seems as good a place as any to say don't use our images for training AI or for creating new renders by AI in-filling. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, PhenomenalPat said:

ok, apologies for this...it's a bit offtopic, but the 2016 thread is dead, so I thought I'd ask here Since we are dealing with some of the same team.

I was just randomly looking around the boards and was reminded of the excellent From the Depths mod that I really enjoyed.  The links there are dead and the thread itself is too.  So I was wondering if either one of the makers or a TVerse fan here happened to have the old data and pics that I could convert and mess around with in 2020.  It was unfortunately on my old computer which is had a hard drive failure a while back.  So lost it.

Again, I hope it's ok to ask here.  Didn't know where to ask, and figured with some of the same team and it likely having some cross over in players, hopefully someone reading this thread would have it.

Appreciate anyone who reads my rambling, and even more so if anyone is able to hook me up. :)

No problem, Pat. If you get to the point you get FTD working in 2020 feel free to "release" it on the forum; it's unlikely I'll ever get the chance to do it again and we've brought some of it across into the ThunderVerse canon as well which would only confuse me!

If @Big Roguey is happy to send over the files that'll save me looking for them :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Pschmidt2113 said:

Sorry for the bother, but I had found some time ago a THUNDERVERSE: REY DE REYES "Plus" and have lost where I downloaded it from. Does anyone have a link or know if the original post contains this somewhere?

The data link in the second post (not the April 2024 one unless you just really want a mod where everyone is on steroids) is the TVerse+. Made the decision to just make that the main one to make it less confusing.

Or it should be. If it's not, give me a shout.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fady_358 said:

I'm a new TEW Player and I'm trying this verse 

It really looks great but I have a question. Where are the characters from Wrestlex PDF? Like Nuclear waste or Tryvern

They're not characters assigned to anyone in the game, think the idea is that if you want to use them you find a wrestler to hire who could play them, and then copy the bio and select the picture as a WrestleX alter ego for them.

• Like 1