[FULL RELEASE] 2020: Before The Fall

hzPLk5r.jpeg

Winter is dying in the year 2020, and the novel coronavirus, Covid-19, has not been unleashed on the Wuhan region of China. Nor has it spread across seven continents, its death toll surpassing 2,000 en route to eclipsing 30,000 one month later.

It is a better world, in which millions of people will keep their lives, lockdowns will not dictate the days of those who survive them, and a year of youth will not be lost to those who come of age in the era of the plague.

It is true that without the unexpected break in snowballing carbon emissions that came with the pandemic, the global climate catastrophe will be advanced by several years, and that much of the life which was preserved by evading the disease is to be taken in the Trumpian Purges following the American President's re-election, but in March of 2020, hope is in the air.

But hope is, by nature, uncertain. Sometimes, in life, our hopes manifest, and our visions reach reality, and sometimes they fall flat. For the world of professional wrestling, that uncertainty is abundant.

The Lay of The Land

The WWE is more financially secure than ever. But going on twenty years of declining ratings, and pay per view buy rates, it feels like something is about to give.

Their offspring, NXT, has recently moved to television, but with that transition came a shocking drop in quality, and now they too, long regarded as the critic's choice in American wrestling, find themselves on a precipice.

Their most established, and respected, competitor, New Japan Pro Wrestling, is attempting to expand overseas. The gold standard of in ring quality finds themselves with limited television at home, will they be saved, or will they be albatrossed, by their attempted American invasion?

And lastly, the fledgling All Elite Wrestling, has opened to a hot start. But other promotions have had early success in competing with the WWE, only to find themselves out of business, or inconsequential, after coming for the king.

The future of each promotion is at a crossroads.

Who is it that finds themselves Before The Fall?

This is the formal release of the 2020: Before The Fall modification of Total Extreme Wrestling.

What The **** Even Is This

Glad you asked! Its a mod set at the beginning of March, 2020, right before the major wrestling companies stopped having fans in the buildings and in some cases changed their story lines drastically to accommodate a new reality. Only this time, due to the magic of TEW not being a Global Pandemic Simulator, and so having no other option, the pandemic never happened.

It is built off the Landxx Modern Day Real World Mod, with changes to the Agers, Alter Egos, Angles, Broadcasters, Broadcasting Deals, Chemistry, Companies, Company Relationships, Contracts, End of Year Awards, Excursions, Pics and Free Pics, Graduates, Hall of Immortals, Halls of Fame, Injuries, Match Types, Media Groups, Narrative, Power 500, Scandals, Stables, Starting Absences, Starting Injuries, Starting Morale, Starting Storylines, Tag Teams, Titles, Title Lineages, Venues, Worker Names, Worker Relationships, plain old Workers, and more. Which is a bad way of saying that I've touched nearly every aspect of this database, and it is not a quick and easy release.

What Was/Is Your Mod Building Philosophy

Wow, what a deep question! You're really smart! My approach for this was to learn from the C-Verse, and then apply my own take on things, more or less within the parameters set by the base game.

What The **** Does That Mean

Good question! What I did was export the C-Verse into Access, transfer it over into Excel and then look at the shape of the data, and try to be informed by that as I distributed skills, popularities, physical condition and all that jazz. Here's an example, this is how the Brawling stat is distributed in the C-Verse for Active Male Wrestlers, sorted by Brawl and by Age:

YEjWgVZ.jpeg

So some things come out of that analysis that I wouldn't have expected: Barely anyone starts the game with a Brawl over 80, it doesn't diminish more than 10ish points on average as people age, and the vast majority of the distribution is in the middle, with relatively few workers at the ends of the spectrum. This informed my skill distribution shown here:

GbyZ9FK.jpeg

They're not twins, but they're clearly related.

So This Is Just The C-Verse With Real Wrestler's Names

No... No, look, it's really not. There's no wrestler that would be same as a worker in the C-Verse, except by occasional coincidence, the promotions aren't the same, its really nothing like the default database except that the macro skill distributions (and stuff like that) learned at the C-Verse's knee.

This has some real benefits! The world is very stable. It has functioned admirably through dozens of 8-12 year sims, and the one 20 year sim I did worked great. Older wrestlers tend to move down the P500 except in some rare cases, while younger wrestlers rise up to replace them.

Who Do I Blame For This Catastrophe

Me! With help from Bizzo2k who was returning the favor for the help I gave them with their legendary A New Trust: 1934 mod (which you absolutely should play). Also Landxx for giving me permission to use his mod as a base, and Fleisch/Southside_Hitman as Landxx used their mods in turn. And lastly Joemurphy, NoLegsGaming, and Sabin357 for pic contributions! If anyone finds pics of theirs that made their way into the picture pack that they're not credited for, please let me know so I can credit you! Also, if you'd like to have your pics removed from the pack, just let me know and I'm on it!

Database: 2020: Before The Fall v2.0

Pics: 2.0 Pic Pack

Changelog

-Complete overhaul of title prestige to be more in-line with C-Verse, and Not Insane

-Regionalized pop for WWE, AEW, and NXT workers

-Reworked active areas for all workers in WWE, AEW, and NXT

-Roman Reigns has returned!

-Return dates for Sting, and Ronda Rousey shortened

-Many new title pics added, path corrected

-Many superfluous pics removed

-Rescaling of popularity for workers of SHIMMER and SHINE

-AAA and CMLL are at WAR

-AAA should have an easier time meeting TV Azteca's expectations

-DIRECTV no longer has coverage in Mexico

-Sky Mexico is now a subscription cable service

-Rescaled NWA popularity

-AEW's Match Focus is now Ensemble

-AEW's AI Booking Style is now Old School Western

-Rescaled non & retired wrestlers for WWE, AEW, NXT and NXT UK

-Various names updated

-Some of AEW's EVPs and Tony Khan's relationships have changed for the worse

-Many contract lengths updated

-Orange Cassidy has relaxed

-Max Caster gets old

-IWGP Conception Alliance is down to just NJPW and Stardom

-Various overseas talent trading agreements are now excursion agreements

-Hugo Savinovich is now significantly more popular

-JDS and Andrei Arlovski are now, occationally, wrestlers

-The Undisputed Era is now a Faction

-Various cancers can no longer be contracted in-ring

-Sexy Boy has become Indian

-Taylor Made has retired

-Nyla Rose is fluent in english, can no longer speak spanish

-Darius Martin is more injury prone

-Lee Moriarty, Kanji, Nick Wayne, Thekla, Amaris Blair, Ami Miura, Austin Green, Beastman, Big Daddy Rex, Big Daddy Yum Yum, Brooks Jenson, Bull Buchanan, Carlos Aviles, Cole Karter, Haley & Hanna Cavinder, Ice Williams, Justin Fleaux, King Tony, La Bestia, Mazzerati, Peter John Ramos, Pollo Del Mar, Skyler, Takuro Niki, Trajan Horn, Treehouse Lee, Yuuki Mashiro, Kayla Sparks, Katie Arquette, Elijah Dean, Bodhi Hayward, Yulisa Leon, Guru Raaj, Tiffany Stratton, Erica Yan, Dante Chen, Xyon Quinn, Edris Enofe, Kiana James, Fallon Henley, Freddie Prinze Jr, Sloane Jacobs, Solo Sikoa, Nikkita Lyons, Abel Guerrero, and Zoro have been added

-Lash Legend, Harland, Commander Azeez, Tony D'Angelo, and Brutus & Jacob Creed have been reworked.

-Various movesets updated

-Gatoh Move is now more than just a shell

-All active promotions now have owners

-Lots of little changes

-Reworked stats for GCW roster

-GCW is now integrated

-Tidied up GCW stables

-Jorge Masvidal has been added to the game

-Andrei Arlovski has been added to the game

-Junior Dos Santos has been added to the game

-Paige VanZant has been added to the game

-Kayla Harrison has been added to the game

-Hayato Tamura has been added to the game

-Camus has been added to the game

-Baliyan Akki has been added to the game

-Brian Cage has hurt his arm

-Removed two fictional avatars which were left in by accident

-Major broadcaster rework, all companies should now meet broadcaster expectations at game start (exception: when broadcaster is owned by a promotion, or company who owns a promotion)

-Some promotion pop rebalances as part of the broadcaster rework

-Colt Cabana can now colour a commentary

-Brandi Rhodes, Bryce Remsburg, Dana Brooke, Ronda Rousey, and Dasha Gonzales have had their performance skills nerfed

-AJ Lee has neck problems

-Samoa Joe now has a history of concussions

-Jurassic Express, Omega & Page, and The OC now have tag experience

-Various minor corrections and tweaks

-Reworked skills for some members of the ROH, MLW, NWA rosters

-Rebalanced ROH, CMLL, NWA, AEW and MLW workers pop

-Set up MLW starting storylines

-Various personality changes

-CM Punk and Tony Khan no longer have simmering tension

-Trish Stratus' popularity has wained

-BJ Whitmer has retired

-Corrections to CMLL, and CMLLO roster

-Dan Lambert has been added

-Baron Black has been added

-Adam Priest has been added

-SP The Ghost has been added

-Val Malone has been added

-Michael Nakazawa is now an entertainer

-Stephanie McMahon is now prickly

-Awesome Kong now has outside interests, and will consider retirement earlier

-The Private Party are now, simply, Private Party

-Some corrections and additions to AEW W/L records in bios

-Double or Nothing is no longer a season finale

-TNT now wants Professional production

-RAW and SmackDown are now normal focus

-Some modifications on how stables are set up

-Announcers chemistry/talent modified

-Jim Ross now has poor chemistry with Xavier, and good chemistry with Tony Schiavone

-Tons of random tweaks

-Major rework to Active Male Experience

-Semi-major adjustment to top and bottom end psychology

-CM Punk will come out of hiatus earlier, is no longer retired, and is an active wrestler

-Kayla Braxton has been found

-Bar Wresling is now Bar Wrestling, which seems a more accurate description of their product

-Eva Maire is now known as Eva Marie, a step down, it would seem, but who's to say

-In a freak time machine accident, Nyla Rose has aged by 11 years

-Andrade's english has worsened

-Kevin Blackwood has been added, along with his tag team Black Death

-Trevor Aeon has been added

-Rick Steiner finds himself significantly more popular in the nation of japan

-Lots of skill tweaks

-Added new event pics, and associated pics for all NJPW events

-Rick Steiner finds himself significantly less popular in his home country of America

-Bear Beefcake is now properly named Bear Boulder, and has been given a human face

-Matt Hardy is no longer a shadow in AEW

-Daniel Garcia has been added to the mod

-Megan Bayne has been added to the mod

-Reka Tahaka has been added to the mod

-Created intro cards

-Further rebalanced announcers and colour commentators

-Changed Adam Cole's contract end date

-Corrected Pete Dunne's contract, and contract end date

-Bray Wyatt is now based in the South East, is more intense, and has simmering tension with Vince McMahon

-Vince McMahon is now more of a dick when it comes to business.

-Injured Lio Rush's shoulder

-Carlie Bravo is set to debut

-David Ali has joined the game

-Vary Morales has manifested

-Madi Wrenkowski is now out there, somewhere

-Rob Ryzin rises into the game

-Fuego Del Sol has burned into our hearts

-Jake St Patrick has lucked into existence

-D3 has rolled a natural three

-KiLynn King has been crowned a character in the mod

-The Trevor Read chapter of the mod has begun

-Andrew Palace reigns over the mods indies

-Lulu Pencil has been written into the game

-Skye Blue soars into the mod

-Added Free Pics

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yowie wowie, I'm excited to check this out!

Rad, I'm excited for you to check it out, lemme know if you find anything that needs tweaking!

Wow, now that's something. Appreciate the hard work and effort into attempting to translate the real world into the TEW game mechanics the most. I'll take a look at it right now.

Thanks! I didn't figure it would take me over a year to make it :/

Sounds awesome in theory, hope to get some time to check it out.

I hope so too! It sims smooth as silk, only did one 20 year sim, but did dozens of 10 year sims and its very stable.

So I checked a couple things in the editor. First, how do you pick which product fits a certain company the best?

For example, WWE is using PG Rated Sports Entertainment. Why that product and not Classic Sports Entertainment? Why not use Three Ring Circus for AEW, for example? There's pretty much a little bit of everything for everyone in their real life product. With the current product you picked, you can't do any deathmatches or hardcore matches without being penalized. AEW has done a couple of those in real life.

Also, why World Fusion and not Mainstream Puroresu for New Japan?

So I checked a couple things in the editor. First, how do you pick which product fits a certain company the best?

For example, WWE is using PG Rated Sports Entertainment. Why that product and not Classic Sports Entertainment? Why not use Three Ring Circus for AEW, for example? There's pretty much a little bit of everything for everyone in their real life product. With the current product you picked, you can't do any deathmatches or hardcore matches without being penalized. AEW has done a couple of those in real life.

Also, why World Fusion and not Mainstream Puroresu for New Japan?

Good questions! Obviously this is all subjective, and it's an easy change in the editor if someone wants to disagree, but here's the reasoning behind the products:

WWE is using PG instead of Classic SE because that's the best representation for their product in flavour, and there's strengths, and weaknesses, both ways from a technical standpoint.

WWE is essentially a kids show, with the exception of Roman Reigns' current story lines, which in March of 2020, haven't happened yet. The Fiend, R-Truth, King Corbin, on and on, they all fit the mold of child oriented PG programming, even if the actual audience watching is 50+, by and large.

As for the TEW simulation, the strengths of PG are a 10 minute cap on great matches as opposed to a 15, which accurately simulates the expected run time of matches in WWE, where a typical RAW match runs between 2-4 minutes. Also the sensitivity to scandal is real, as they are a publicly traded company, and (while it is a few months away) they did end up releasing the wrestlers involved in the speaking out scandal, even though it's obvious nobody there would have been bothered about those kinds of accusations 15 years ago.

The arguments for Classic are exclusively from an in game perspective. Those arguments, as I see them, are that Classic requires gimmicks and storylines. Personally I think it's strange that PG doesn't require those things, but it is what it is. Storylines aren't a big loss, as WWE storylines essentially never have any internal, long term logic (until the Roman stuff, which again is in the future, and will be a major departing from WWE's content over the past 20 years, when it happens), and they frequently end up being dropped without conclusion. As such, the argument that storylines don't really matter in WWE, and that the remaining fan base is mostly just interested in seeing good wrestlers have inconsequential, but fun, matches, seems more accurate to me. The gimmicks is clearly a concession, but given the strengths that PG brings to representing the company, not one that moves me to make the change.

Ultimately, if someone wanted to argue that WWE was PG, and transferred to Classic at Summerslam when the Roman stuff happened, I could see where they were coming from. But I, personally, wouldn't RP it that way.

Honestly, if this was a March 2021 mod, I would use Three Ring Circus for AEW. I think you're 100% right in that it better captures the current AEW product, as compared to Modern Throwback. But I am unconvinced that was the case in March of 2020.

From a flavour perspective, there really is only one choice. The brand for AEW at the time was, and to some extent still is, decidedly Modern Throwback. The whole concept was "If you liked WCW, if you liked 80s Territorial wrestling, you need to check out what we can do with those principals now that modern work rate is through the roof".

From an in-game perspective, while AEW would eventually become much more Three Ring Cirucs-y, as of March 2020 they had only done one deathmatch, and they had never done one on television. (The Janela/Omega Lights Out Match was really just a standard no holds barred match) And the Moxley/Omega Lights Out Match was not particularly well received by much of AEW's early fanbase. I remember I had a decent sized crowd over for that show, maybe 15-20 people, and everyone just left part way through the main event. We ended up all meeting up at the bar, and I had to watch it myself later. AEW didn't start leaning heavily into the deathmatch-y stuff until, at the earliest, Kingston's debut with the thumbtacks. At that point, you could claim they made the product change, but I don't think they committed to the really gross stuff until 2021.

I doubt you need me to, but I'll bolster your argument for Three Ring Circus as AEW's current product, in that it allows comedy main eventers, and that's central to modern AEW. Omega has essentially been a mid-card comedy act with the world title. To simulate that properly, you pretty much need to switch away from Modern Throwback. But, in reality, that's exactly what they did: It was a serious promotion where the main event was serious business, right up until Stadium Stampede, which would not have happened without the pandemic, the entire principal behind the mod. And even then it was a slow shift to the Omega run. Now, you could argue they would have done Blood and Guts instead of Stadium Stampede, and that would have been so brutal that you could have argued for the product change anyway, but I'm not totally sold on that in game, or irl, as the 2020 Blood and Guts could easily have been toned down compared to the one we ended up seeing in 2021, after several philosophical changes.

The correct way to simulate AEW is to start at Modern Throwback, and change products to Three Ring Circus at some point over the next year, and suffer any consequences for that, as I believe AEW has done.

And lastly NJPW! The reasoning behind their product is essentially the inverse of the other arguments, as they are clearly on the other end of a product change at the time of the mod. I assume you're suggesting Classic MS Puro, and I think that really captures NJPW up until somewhere between the start of the Bullet Club and AJ's winning the championship. From that point on nWo-style schmoz finishes have become more and more common, to the point where you just can't simulate modern New Japan without the Bullet Club interference on almost every show. In reality they changed their product, suffered the consequences, as many people are turned off by the BC interference, but traded those viewers in for a western audience and a hope at expansion. Thus, World Fusion.

But again, it really won't break the mod if anyone wants to change a product to what they feel suits any company better, so edit away if you disagree!

Good questions! Obviously this is all subjective, and it's an easy change in the editor if someone wants to disagree, but here's the reasoning behind the products:

WWE is using PG instead of Classic SE because that's the best representation for their product in flavour, and there's strengths, and weaknesses, both ways from a technical standpoint.

WWE is essentially a kids show, with the exception of Roman Reigns' current story lines, which in March of 2020, haven't happened yet. The Fiend, R-Truth, King Corbin, on and on, they all fit the mold of child oriented PG programming, even if the actual audience watching is 50+, by and large.

As for the TEW simulation, the strengths of PG are a 10 minute cap on great matches as opposed to a 15, which accurately simulates the expected run time of matches in WWE, where a typical RAW match runs between 2-4 minutes. Also the sensitivity to scandal is real, as they are a publicly traded company, and (while it is a few months away) they did end up releasing the wrestlers involved in the speaking out scandal, even though it's obvious nobody there would have been bothered about those kinds of accusations 15 years ago.

The arguments for Classic are exclusively from an in game perspective. Those arguments, as I see them, are that Classic requires gimmicks and storylines. Personally I think it's strange that PG doesn't require those things, but it is what it is. Storylines aren't a big loss, as WWE storylines essentially never have any internal, long term logic (until the Roman stuff, which again is in the future, and will be a major departing from WWE's content over the past 20 years, when it happens), and they frequently end up being dropped without conclusion. As such, the argument that storylines don't really matter in WWE, and that the remaining fan base is mostly just interested in seeing good wrestlers have inconsequential, but fun, matches, seems more accurate to me. The gimmicks is clearly a concession, but given the strengths that PG brings to representing the company, not one that moves me to make the change.

Ultimately, if someone wanted to argue that WWE was PG, and transferred to Classic at Summerslam when the Roman stuff happened, I could see where they were coming from. But I, personally, wouldn't RP it that way.

Honestly, if this was a March 2021 mod, I would use Three Ring Circus for AEW. I think you're 100% right in that it better captures the current AEW product, as compared to Modern Throwback. But I am unconvinced that was the case in March of 2020.

From a flavour perspective, there really is only one choice. The brand for AEW at the time was, and to some extent still is, decidedly Modern Throwback. The whole concept was "If you liked WCW, if you liked 80s Territorial wrestling, you need to check out what we can do with those principals now that modern work rate is through the roof".

From an in-game perspective, while AEW would eventually become much more Three Ring Cirucs-y, as of March 2020 they had only done one deathmatch, and they had never done one on television. (The Janela/Omega Lights Out Match was really just a standard no holds barred match) And the Moxley/Omega Lights Out Match was not particularly well received by much of AEW's early fanbase. I remember I had a decent sized crowd over for that show, maybe 15-20 people, and everyone just left part way through the main event. We ended up all meeting up at the bar, and I had to watch it myself later. AEW didn't start leaning heavily into the deathmatch-y stuff until, at the earliest, Kingston's debut with the thumbtacks. At that point, you could claim they made the product change, but I don't think they committed to the really gross stuff until 2021.

I doubt you need me to, but I'll bolster your argument for Three Ring Circus as AEW's current product, in that it allows comedy main eventers, and that's central to modern AEW. Omega has essentially been a mid-card comedy act with the world title. To simulate that properly, you pretty much need to switch away from Modern Throwback. But, in reality, that's exactly what they did: It was a serious promotion where the main event was serious business, right up until Stadium Stampede, which would not have happened without the pandemic, the entire principal behind the mod. And even then it was a slow shift to the Omega run. Now, you could argue they would have done Blood and Guts instead of Stadium Stampede, and that would have been so brutal that you could have argued for the product change anyway, but I'm not totally sold on that in game, or irl, as the 2020 Blood and Guts could easily have been toned down compared to the one we ended up seeing in 2021, after several philosophical changes.

The correct way to simulate AEW is to start at Modern Throwback, and change products to Three Ring Circus at some point over the next year, and suffer any consequences for that, as I believe AEW has done.

And lastly NJPW! The reasoning behind their product is essentially the inverse of the other arguments, as they are clearly on the other end of a product change at the time of the mod. I assume you're suggesting Classic MS Puro, and I think that really captures NJPW up until somewhere between the start of the Bullet Club and AJ's winning the championship. From that point on nWo-style schmoz finishes have become more and more common, to the point where you just can't simulate modern New Japan without the Bullet Club interference on almost every show. In reality they changed their product, suffered the consequences, as many people are turned off by the BC interference, but traded those viewers in for a western audience and a hope at expansion. Thus, World Fusion.

But again, it really won't break the mod if anyone wants to change a product to what they feel suits any company better, so edit away if you disagree!

Wow, man. I wasn't exactly disagreeing with you, just questioning your choices. But man, you ended up convincing me. It all makes sense. I really appreciate your commitment to the mod and your for taking time to explain these things to me.

And with that you have convinced me even more to download in the morning

I disagree with the Mox/Omega match (the barb wire one not the sparkler one) not being well received. Everyone I personally talked to loved it, and the only ones I've seen not like it are the ones that would not like AEW until they changed their initials to WWE.

Not to disagree on the product, I think they've morphed a few times over the past years but I think it was always 3 ring circus/No-Style Style. Orange Cassidy has always been over, and he's not a workrate guy. Jericho is somehow still over, despite being unable to work well for 5-10 years and actually being boring on the mic. Jungle Boy is a hit, he's not a workrate dude. Same goes for Marko Stunt. None of AEW's women standout compared to the women around the world (or in WWE alone). Cody could never be confused for a workrate guy.

AEW's philosophy has basically been No-Style Style, they just haven't leaned into certain parts of it at times. If you do something well, they bring you in to do that well. They don't have a "match style" like WWE has. Darby Allins matches will feel entirely different to Orange Cassidy matches which will feel different than Archer matches, unlike WWE where you generally know that everything will look kinda the same because they have their WWE style.

Neither here nor there really, not complaining about the mod at all - just got interested by the take.

Wow, man. I wasn't exactly disagreeing with you, just questioning your choices. But man, you ended up convincing me. It all makes sense. I really appreciate your commitment to the mod and your for taking time to explain these things to me.

Oh god! Sorry if I over responded :o I guess I've kinda been in my own head about the mod for a year plus, so I may have over explained. I'm glad it made sense!

And with that you have convinced me even more to download in the morning

I'm happy my ADHD hyper-focus has been a boon to someone! Please let me know if you find any errors!

I disagree with the Mox/Omega match (the barb wire one not the sparkler one) not being well received. Everyone I personally talked to loved it, and the only ones I've seen not like it are the ones that would not like AEW until they changed their initials to WWE.

Yeah, I can totally see it going over differently in different bubbles. But I assure you, I've been praying to the wrestling gods for WWE's fall since about 2005, and have never missed an episode of Dynamite. So, while I may have my biases like everybody else, it definitely isn't the pro-WWE one!

Not to disagree on the product, I think they've morphed a few times over the past years but I think it was always 3 ring circus/No-Style Style. Orange Cassidy has always been over, and he's not a workrate guy. Jericho is somehow still over, despite being unable to work well for 5-10 years and actually being boring on the mic. Jungle Boy is a hit, he's not a workrate dude. Same goes for Marko Stunt. None of AEW's women standout compared to the women around the world (or in WWE alone). Cody could never be confused for a workrate guy.

Hey, an argument for the Three Ring might just be that you and I are both AEW fans (at least that's the impression I get), and we have nearly opposite takes on their roster's strengths and weaknesses! Being able to appeal to people who see such different things in talent is a sign that you're giving a wide array of people a hook! But I do agree that Orange is over, and that Jericho has declined dramatically in the past 9 months.

AEW's philosophy has basically been No-Style Style, they just haven't leaned into certain parts of it at times. If you do something well, they bring you in to do that well. They don't have a "match style" like WWE has. Darby Allins matches will feel entirely different to Orange Cassidy matches which will feel different than Archer matches, unlike WWE where you generally know that everything will look kinda the same because they have their WWE style.

Fair take. Although I do think the diversity of style exists in every major wrestling promotion except possibly CMLL and WWE, so it would take more than just a broad range of traditions to convince me on No-Style for any promotion. But I do see where you're coming from on this.

Neither here nor there really, not complaining about the mod at all - just got interested by the take.

Totally, I love talking about wrestling, and there's more to say when people have different vantage points. Hope I'm not coming off as overbearing, as evidenced in an earlier response, I can be guilty of belaboring the point. :/

Testing this over next few days!

Small detail I caught before I started :) think you forgot to include Matt Hard picture. Or just not selected it :D

EDIT

I think its just on the AEW Gimmick.

Fantastic catch! I'll fix that right now! Thank you!

Yeah. If you can and are willing to provide that much detail to an answer it suggests that there is a strong level of dedication and effort put into the mod and I've wanted to play one since the earlier days of AEW.

Will be giving this one a spin, my friend.

Thank you so much! If you find anything is amiss, please let me know!

Any updates coming soon? Just to know if it's safe to start a long-term save with New Japan.

I'm gonna put one out today fixing the Matt Hardy picture, and maybe adding an indy wrestler or two, but there won't be any major updates for the next while unless someone finds a screw up I need to fix!

I'm gonna put one out today fixing the Matt Hardy picture, and maybe adding an indy wrestler or two, but there won't be any major updates for the next while unless someone finds a screw up I need to fix!

Fair enough. I'll start a save with New Japan when it's out. How's their schedule by the way? You made it of tours and events?

Fair enough. I'll start a save with New Japan when it's out. How's their schedule by the way? You made it of tours and events?

It's currently set to events, with 139 active events. This is mostly inherited from Landxx's mod, as I don't consider Japanese event schedules to me my area of expertise. As such, if you (or anyone else here) has thoughts about the ideal way to simulate NJPW's schedule lemme know, I'm done what I had planned for the next version, but if I see a change suggestion that seems feasible, I'd be happy to update that too.

It's currently set to events, with 139 active events. This is mostly inherited from Landxx's mod, as I don't consider Japanese event schedules to me my area of expertise. As such, if you (or anyone else here) has thoughts about the ideal way to simulate NJPW's schedule lemme know, I'm done what I had planned for the next version, but if I see a change suggestion that seems feasible, I'd be happy to update that too.

Just checked. Schedule seems okay to me. By the way, the BOSJ events and many more in New Japan have no pictures set. Stables pictures are wrong too and don't match the others' styles. For example, Chaos, Suzuki-gun and Taguchi Japan have a specific picture style when the generic logos are in the pack.

I've had a brief cursory glance through the data just in 30mins I had spare. One thing I did notice is that a largely inactive for the past 15 years Rick Steiner has more popularity than a reasonably active Scott Steiner by about 5 points with both in the 40's.

I'll list more as and if I find any when I get round to playing but that was a minor one.

Just checked. Schedule seems okay to me. By the way, the BOSJ events and many more in New Japan have no pictures set. Stables pictures are wrong too and don't match the others' styles. For example, Chaos, Suzuki-gun and Taguchi Japan have a specific picture style when the generic logos are in the pack.

Good catch! I'm half way through adding the pics. This will be solved in 1.1!

I've had a brief cursory glance through the data just in 30mins I had spare. One thing I did notice is that a largely inactive for the past 15 years Rick Steiner has more popularity than a reasonably active Scott Steiner by about 5 points with both in the 40's.

That is definitely an error, I'll fix that up!

Ooook, you caught my atention my good sir!

Fantastic news! Don't hesitate to let me know if you find anything amiss!