Christmas Traditions

Do you guys do anything special for the Christmas episodes/events in your TEW games?

I play a lot of CGC, and I like to book the Sunday Week 3 December episode of 'Title Bout Wrestling' as my Christmas show. Usually that just means a 'Candy Cane on a Pole' or 'Christmas Tree of Doom' match for whatever feud in going on at the time. Or I'll trot the comedy acts or women out for a match involving dress up. My favourite was back in TEW 2010, with Santa Claus himself (ably played by American Buffalo) scheduled to take on the leader of the evil heel stable; The Elite, in the main event. Every match on the undercard added someone to the match. The babyface wins? He joins Team Santa. The heel wins? He joins Team Elite. Santa ended up outnumbered 3-on-2, but through the power of Friendship and Christmas Spirit managed to pull off the victory. Thus saving Christmas.

I'm plotting out the November/December/January cards for my current game (CGC in 2002) and I'm thinking I'll headline that episode with a Big Santa Brawl. A supplements company are looking to cast a new 'Santa Claus' to advertise their new product, and CGC's finest are going to audition by fighting it out dressed as good ol' Saint Nick. It's not exactly magical, and it's a bit weird how they wouldn't cast Santa before the Holiday Season, but it's mostly an excuse to get all of the big, bearded members of my roster (Steve DeColt, Larry Wood, Dan DaLay, Moose Mulder, 128Mb RAM) to play dress up.

I usually change the TV tapings to 2 shows at once the week before and give (almost) everyone a week off, if that counts lol

I honestly love that one. Now I feel like a jerk for making my guys work Christmas. They do get New Year's Eve off though. I always tape two shows a taping.

I’ve since moved on from my C-verse save, but when I was booking PSW I set up an annual charity show for the 21st December called The PSW Toy Drive Christmas Special. Show had to take place in Pittsburg and benefitted whatever local equivalent the CVerse universe has to Toys 4 Tots. Fans could get their tickets in advance by donating toys to the charity at a drop off point or by turning up at the door on the night with toys in hand. Of course I could only simulate this by lowering ticket prices to zero.

I envisioned a bunch of usually rowdy, bloodthirsty yinzers lined up in the street getting in the spirit wearing Santa hats and clutching toys, waiting to get in for a chilled, fun show.

Naturally it was a throwaway show to reflect the mood and so nothing impacted the regular booking. All matches set so workers kept it safe and took no risks. No one needs to be injuring themselves for charity four days before Christmas! More segments than usual, all comedy based and Christmas themed. I wish I’d considered Candy Cane on a pole match - that’s genius!

I’ve actually got an event logo I created for it too which went for overly festive and traditional opposed the grittier more hardcore looking logos I used for the rest of the shows.

Had I carried on with the save, I was considering doing a theme/story for each show that parodied a famous festive movie. Had an idea to spoof It’s a Wonderful Life where one of the mid card guys gets his spirit destroyed at the start of the show, but is then saved by an upper carder who helps him take on one of the top heels; eventually leading to the entire roster coming out to cheer him on to victory when all hope seems lost. The show naturally would have featured a segment with him running around the arena screaming Merry Christmas to all the wrestling related inanimate objects he can find! :D

I have a Christmas Eve PPV. Which I would never do in real life (be home with your families) But Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the year so I like to do special things.

My Star Wars action figure fed had a supershow (no PPV) when I was a kid so I carried on in TEW.

not to derail the topic but who was the "John Cena" of your Star Wars figure fed? I mean they were both heels in mine but the Gamorrean and Bossk were basically undefeated for me. The Gamorrean was essentially Yokozuna

not to derail the topic but who was the "John Cena" of your Star Wars figure fed? I mean they were both heels in mine but the Gamorrean and Bossk were basically undefeated for me. The Gamorrean was essentially Yokozuna

LOL. I was doing it in the mid 80s. Hence no John Cena. It was modeled after local NWA territories so Greedo was my main face (not really Ric Flair but a charismatic technical wrestler, no Space Mountain). Darth Vader was a manager. Luke Skywalker was the "Alliance" World champion who travelled all the territories (I only did mine). Boba Fett & Bossk were my main team. The Gammorean Guard was a beast. I know Han, Lando, Chewie etc. played roles as faces. IG-88 was a villain. That's pretty much all I remember.

I didn't get far because I would stage the TV shows on the hour for a full hour (I'd just relax when a commercial came on). It would also be on the day (or at least the week) it was in real life. For Christmas Eve I probably did it earlier in the week.

I did something similar with dominos. I would sign people that weren't on TV (though I missed gimmick changes / wrestlers under new roles) or smaller feds. If they later signed with a big fed I let myself keep them unless they got a big role.

Anyway memory lane trip done. Hopefully the off topic was OK with everyone....