Trying to add more product diversity to the CVerse

There are a lot of products (especially after the patches) that have no representation in the CVerse, and several products that have many companies using it, so I was looking for suggestions on how to change it.

Products with more than one company:

Anti-Establishment Hardcore (2): IPW, SNP

Classic Balanced (2): CWA, VWA

Classic Lucha Libre (2): CILL, OLLIE

Classic Southern Rasslin (2): TCW, OCW*

Classic Sports Entertainment (4): 21CW, EWA, SWF, NWF*

Extreme Hardcore (4): DIW, GSW, PSW, PWC*

Family Friendly Pro Wrestling (3): USPW, DSPW*, FEW*

Fast And Furious (6): 5SSW, CZCW, KPW*, L-Ring*, WINNOW*, YEPW*

Golden Age Pro Wrestling (4): MAW, NYCW, KCCW*, RMW*

Guerrilla Warfare (2): ACPW, EX2010

Lucha Libre Entertainment (2): EILL, Kanzen*

PG Rated Sports Entertainment (3): APW, RIPW, BPW*

Respectful Wrestling (2): UEW, CWWF*

Shoot-Style Wrestling (3): ALF*, LWW*, TIER 1*

Wrestling As A Sport (7): BCG, CWW, SAISHO, JCW*, MCPW*, PWMAX*, XWA*

*Yet to open

And products with no company:

Attitude Entertainment, Avantgarde Puroresu, Bar Room Entertainment, Campy Fun, Carnival Days, Cartoon Wrestling, Catch Wrestling, Comic Book Dark, Comic Book Light, Competitive Entertainment, Crash TV, Deathmatch, Deathmatch Lucha Libre, East Meets West, Episodic Entertainment, Episodic Sport, Fast Furious Deadly, Gory Hardcore, Gritty Adult Noir, Hardcore Evolved, High-Flying Hardcore, Historic Lucha Libre, Hokey Southern Rasslin, Junior-Deathmatch Combined, Lighthearted Entertainment, Lucha Libre Burlesque, Lucha Libre Slobberknocker, Lucharesu, Lucharesu Amped Up, Memetic Wrestling, MMA Entertainment, Modern Throwback, Monster Battle, Morality Wrestling, No-Style Style, Performance Art, Pseudo Sport, Psycho Circus, Puerto Rican Hardcore, Risque Adult, Risque Comedy, Ruthless Aggression, Scripted Reality, Skit Based, Slobberknocker-Deathmatch Combined, Soap Opuro, Stoner Entertainment, Strong Puroresu, Stunt Show, Telenovela, Three Ring Circus, Tres Ring Circus, World Fusion, Wrestling Burlesque, Xtreme Adult Filth

My main focus is diversifying it, but any other suggestions for products that would just fit better are also appreciated.

I am in the process of modding my Cverse to just add companies (all as yet to open) and give them some of the different products.

Just took a load of graphics from the modding secton that I liked and went from there

So I have for example Vice City wrestling and gave it Risque Adult. or Grime Wrestling which i think i gave Gritty adult noir.

didn't want to change any of the products of any established Cverse companies, but depending on the yet to open companies, I would probably go in and maybe edited there style and backstory slightly

I think Modern throwback fits MAW more. They have been known for the more innovative modern wrestlers compared to NYCW. I see them as being booked as an old school promotion but with more modern workers.

It has the same product as NYCW but I don’t think you’d see The Awesomeness thriving in NYCW for example.

I am in the process of modding my Cverse to just add companies (all as yet to open) and give them some of the different products.

Just took a load of graphics from the modding secton that I liked and went from there

So I have for example Vice City wrestling and gave it Risque Adult. or Grime Wrestling which i think i gave Gritty adult noir.

didn't want to change any of the products of any established Cverse companies, but depending on the yet to open companies, I would probably go in and maybe edited there style and backstory slightly

I like this idea a lot, actually. I see no issue with multiple companies having the same product if they are in different areas. But sometimes the same area will share same "likes" - lucha libre in Mexico or Puro in Japan.

How do you determine if a product is welcome in an area though? Sports Entertainment might be a tough sell in Japan, for example. (I could swear that there was a screen where you could see the product effects for the region

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53978" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like this idea a lot, actually. I see no issue with multiple companies having the same product if they are in different areas. But sometimes the same area will share same "likes" - lucha libre in Mexico or Puro in Japan.<p> </p><p> How do you determine if a product is welcome in an area though? Sports Entertainment might be a tough sell in Japan, for example. (I could swear that there was a screen where you could see the product effects for the region</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> depending on what you want from your game world, I don't think it matters if a product is accepted. If a company goes bust, just add something else</p><p> </p><p> f the companies I have added, I have left some that can grow and others I have limited their size and added only hire unemployed workers as a rule in a hope so that people in the game get work and have matches and don't sit aroun doing nothing</p>

Bold are the companies I change.

Products with more than one company:

Anti-Establishment Hardcore (2): IPW, SNP

Classic Balanced (2): CWA, VWA

Classic Lucha Libre (2): CILL, OLLIE

Classic Southern Rasslin (2): TCW, OCW*

Classic Sports Entertainment (4): 21CW, EWA, SWF, NWF*

Extreme Hardcore (4): DIW, GSW, PSW, PWC*

Family Friendly Pro Wrestling (3): USPW,DSPW*, FEW*

Fast And Furious (6): 5SSW, CZCW, KPW*, L-Ring*, WINNOW*, YEPW*

Golden Age Pro Wrestling (4): MAW, NYCW, KCCW*, RMW*

Guerrilla Warfare (2): ACPW, EX2010

Lucha Libre Entertainment (2): EILL, Kanzen*

PG Rated Sports Entertainment (3): APW, RIPW, BPW*

Respectful Wrestling (2): UEW, CWWF*

Shoot-Style Wrestling (3): ALF*, LWW*, TIER 1*

Wrestling As A Sport (7): BCG, CWW, SAISHO, JCW*, MGPW, PWMAX*, XWA*

BTW, I also change ELITE and UCW and if I'm playing AltVerse - NOTBPW, CGC, SOTBPW.

Products Without:

Attitude Entertainment or Puerto Rican Hardcore - SNP

I usually decide Attitude for the more Entertainment or Puerto Rican for the cultist "we love it and we'll keep coming back" feels I want from the company. Either or is pretty good. Though if I want to do my own hardcore company I'll make SNP PR Hardcore, so I can steal Attitude Entertainment.

Avantgarde Puroresu - KITSUNE (KPW in base game)

KITSUNE I transform into the DDT of CVerse. While you could say that WLW fills that spot, I feel that Avantgarde Puro and LuchaResu Entertainment isn't exactly the same. I also decide to integrate the roster as well just to add to the identity of it.

Bar Room Entertainment - DIW

I feel like DIW would be one of those places where you go drinking with the guys, while just being plastered and not caring who hears you swear.

Cartoon Wrestling - FEW

FEW's mission statement is that it wants everyone to have a good time for all ages. It feels like AltVerse's KPW and therefore this makes the most sense for them.

Comic Book Dark - SWF

Easy on the body, popular with the sponsors, yet still able to provide a more gritty version of wrestling than USPW. Ruthless Aggression doesn't get as many sponsors hence why I use this instead of that.

Comic Book Light - RIPW

It only makes sense that SWF's developmental area follows a similar style as SWF. Therefore, it makes the most sense to have it be the lighter version of SWF. Now if you feel SWF should be more PG because that would be more fitting, then just swap these two and there you go.

Competitive Entertainment - WINNOW

This allow WINNOW to be very similar to 5SSW's Fast And Furious without stepping on its toes. I figured it would be for the best to follow in the footsteps, but not quite.

Crash TV - CGC

I feel like CGC would be more akin to the old Crash TV style of wrestling. Aimed at key demos and still able to pull in sponsors no matter what. Also, if you have a bad product, Crash TV will hurt you quite a bit and would explain why in the AltVerse it has a rought time.

East Meets West - NOTBPW, CWWF

NOTBPW just feels like it borrows a lot from puroresu and would be the right type of company for this style, I feel. It does mean there is no more technical masterclass, but I feel that the company would more play up the storytelling of the technical work, rather than just have a technical masterclass alone. Due to CWWF's belts and mirroring of NOTBPW, that's why I put it here as well.

Episodic Entertainment - DSPW

Delhi Superstar Pro literally feels like someone from Bollywood one day decided "I'm getting into wrestling". Hence why I give them Episodic Entertainment. Very attractive to sponsors, being episodic means it is easy to get into and I usually do tapings for its TV show (and give them one) so that they feel entirely like that. Also Delhi Superstar Pro just fits better as a TV show title than a wrestling company, so I think they'd use that.

Episodic Hardcore - ELITE

The reason I swap ELITE to this is because they are based and back in Los Angeles. I'm sorry, if that's the case either Gritty Adult Noir or this makes the most sense for them. Why yes, I realize that UCW is Episodic Hardcore. And yeah, well, it isn't anymore.

Episodic Lucha - EILL & SOTBPW

You might question this, but I kind of feel like EILL should be you can tune in and immediately know what's going on. You haven't missed anything. Yet at the same time, if you still around, you get deeper meaning and worth in your show. That's why I leave KANZEN PRO as the Lucha Libre Entertainment company.

Episodic Sport - 21CW

I really think that the top company in the Isles would be more of a sports centric company with some entertainment on the side, rather than trying to be exactly like the States is.

Fast And Furious And Deadly - UCW

UCW's motto is hardcore but with the more modern cutting edge style to it. Well, that simply screams flippy stuff with going through tables if I ever heard it.

Gritty Adult Noir - GSW

Considering it is live out of the Warehouse Club in LA, I feel like GSW should be a Gritty Adult Noir type of company. Where it is like a TV show more than a wrestling show, though it does have wrestling in it.

Hardcore Evolved - PSW

Considering this is sort of the direct successor to DAVE, it would only make more sense that PSW takes over as hardcore has evolved, wouldn't it? Also the style is named Hardcore Redux before this change, so it only makes more sense.

High-Flying Hardcore or Stunt Show - PWC

I like to play into the name of Pheonix for this one. High-Flying Hardcore if I want it to be more hardcore, or Stunt Show if I want it to be more about what happens wrestling wise.

Historic Lucha Libre - OLLIE

I have no idea why OLLIE is listed as Classic. Original would indicate that it hasn't changed from the old days and so it would make more sense to be Historic than Classic.

Hokey Southern Rasslin - OCW

OCW seems like the more OTT company between TCW and it, so I usually swap it to the more OTT flavoured product. It still puts these two companies in a direct competition against one another as well.

Lucha Libre Slobberknocker - L-Ring

While influenced by Lucha Libre, I kind of think of L-Ring as this like more trying to beat each other up real style, which made me lean more towards this.

Lucharesu - CZCW

CZCW seems to borrow from lucha and from puroresu. Therefore, Lucharesu makes the most sense. It also is very easy on the body and would explain why a lot of Luchadors and Strong-Style guys like coming to their company. Considering WLW moves to the Entertainment version, it is kind of nice having someone fill in that need as a Lucharesu type.

Lucharesu Amped Up - EXODUS

The problem with EXODUS is that we've ran out of high flying companies that are not entertainment based. My only choices are to make this either Stunt Show or Lucharesu Amped Up. I picked Amped Up simply to retain that technical prowlness that is associate with Japanese wrestling.

MMA Entertainment - TIER1 (TIER 1)

Game needs a UFC, except staged, so here it is. That's why it is MMA Entertainment. Also the entire inspired thing by ALPHA screamed to me "oh, this totally what someone from NA would do". So that's how we get it here. Depending on how I feel, US or Canada.

Modern Throwback - MAW, KCCW

MAW just feels like it should be updated, but still retain what got it to us in the first place. Old School Wrestling, just updated with the times of today. KCCW also I think fits in more in this slot than elsewhere.

Pseudo Sport - BPW, CWW

With British Pro Wrestling, I like to make them have less glamour than 21CW, and considering I made them Episodic Sport, Pseudo Sport seemed like the best idea. The other reason I make them Pseudo Sport is because their titles really give off that image, therefore to me it makes the most sense to do that. I also feel that CWW more falls in line here.

Ruthless Aggression - NWF

It especially has a much more interesting place in the Isles if you go Ruthless Aggression. And yes, it would put them in direct competition with SNP if SNP is Attitude Entertainment and that's precisely the point.

Soap Opuro - MGPW

Mumbai GP stress that they are very steep in puroresu, but I believe they'd be Soap Opuro because of the Bollywood influences. So go all in on this and viola. Also, just like Delhi Superstar Pro, I feel like they'd go for a more TV sounding company name, hence why I call them Mumbai GP. Also you can play the two up as eternal rivals that way and put them on like competing TV slots and media companies.

Strong Puroresu - JCW, LWW

JCW follows in Kitozan's footsteps. Meaning that its wrestling needs to be between Wrestling As A Sport and MMA. As that's what Kitozan was promoting back in his day. BTW, shout out to willr0ck for the updated belts, logo and banner for JCW. LWW gives the same type of company feel, so therefore I put LWW here as well.

Three Ring Circus - CWA

Trying to find a happy marriage between the styles and not doing well is why CWA struggles. So this being its style makes sense. Now before you wonder why exactly lucha should be included, I like to think they also are trying to be the one stop shop of wrestling. You want entertainment, here you go. You want technical wrestling, here you go. You want high flying, here you go. Hence, Three Ring Circus makes the most sense.

World Fusion - PWMAX

While PWMAX has their motto of following the Japanese culture, I tend to tweak this company to be a melting pot of all wrestling styles, considering the name has MAX it should be every wrestling style to the MAX. If I leave it in the US, I usually move the company to the North West or Great Lakes to get out of CZCW's shadow. Most times I move the company to Canada, as Canada can use a few more new companies.

It does leave me with the following:

Campy Fun, Carnival Days, Catch Wrestling, Crash TV, Deathmatch, Deathmatch Lucha Libre, Gory Hardcore, Junior-Deathmatch Combined, Lighthearted Entertainment, Lucha Libre Burlesque, Memetic Wrestling, Monster Battle, Morality Wrestling, Performance Art, Psycho Circus, Risque Adult, Risque Comedy, Scripted Reality, Skit Based, Slobberknocker-Deathmatch Combined, Soap Opuro, Stoner Entertainment, Stoner Hardcore, Telenovela, Tres Ring Circus, Wrestling Burlesque, Xtreme Adult Filth

And that's how I divy things up. I feel like this gives the best out of everything possible. Some do still end up in the same category because you can't really fit everyone into all different ones, but that's the best I can I do, I feel.

Here are some companies that I usually add to the game or set up with an owner and let them have fun.

Slobberknocker-Deathmatch Combined - Bushido Blood Puroresu

Two divisions, titles to each one and away we go. I feel like making CyberAgent or whatever it is called with Bushido, KITSUNE and one more company and having fun with it.

Telenovela - Lucha EXOTIC

A good telenovela gets people to sit down and watch and that's what I like doing with the first luchadora company in Mexico. The only thing is trying to figure out how to make a season for it so that there's time off for wrestlers and such. I never remember how I get it to work.

Slightly off topic, I also set up the worker generation from 2018 (AltVerse) or 2020 (base game) so that the types of wrestlers in an area more or less match the types of companies as well.

Slightly more off topic. The more I thought about the India situation the more I really started thinking out a scenario for it. Why do I think this stuff up in the middle of my bloody night?

That said, I hope you enjoy my ideas and take some inspiration from it. Or just be amused when looking at some of them and going "oh no, this is totally wrong".

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

So here's what I have so far:

BPW -> Pseudo Sport (inspired by this thread)

CWW -> Catch Wrestling (seemed like the most fitting one to give it to)

DIW -> Hardcore Evolved (it's not a perfect fit, but I thought it made the most sense of any of the hardcore alternatives)

DSPW -> Campy Fun

ELITE -> Xtreme Adult Filth (I thought it fit the description and that freed up Stoner Hardcore to give to someone else)

MAW -> Modern Throwback (inspired by this thread)

OCW -> Hokey Southern Rasslin (inspired by this thread)

OLLIE -> Historic Lucha Libre (inspired by this thread)

PSW -> Gory Hardcore (helps distinguish the hardcore US feds, and this one just felt like it fit better)

PWC -> Fast, Furious, Deadly (just felt fitting)

RMW -> Carnival Days (the description mentions "old-school", face vs heels, and traditional, so this makes sense to me)

SAW -> Skit Based (this doesn't actually add diversity, but it made sense to me)

SNP -> Stoner Hardcore

SWF -> Attitude Entertainment and RIPW -> Episodic Entertainment (the big names needed some more distinction)

TIER 1 -> MMA Entertainment (inspired by this thread)

VWA -> No-Style Style (the description talks about "anything goes")

WINNOW -> Competitive Entertainment (inspired by this thread)

YEPW -> Stunt Show

Still looking for any other ideas people have, or feedback on the ones I've thought about so far.

On 8/3/2023 at 5:45 AM, awesomenessofme1 said:

So here's what I have so far:

BPW -> Pseudo Sport (inspired by this thread)

CWW -> Catch Wrestling (seemed like the most fitting one to give it to)

DIW -> Hardcore Evolved (it's not a perfect fit, but I thought it made the most sense of any of the hardcore alternatives)

DSPW -> Campy Fun

ELITE -> Xtreme Adult Filth (I thought it fit the description and that freed up Stoner Hardcore to give to someone else)

MAW -> Modern Throwback (inspired by this thread)

OCW -> Hokey Southern Rasslin (inspired by this thread)

OLLIE -> Historic Lucha Libre (inspired by this thread)

PSW -> Gory Hardcore (helps distinguish the hardcore US feds, and this one just felt like it fit better)

PWC -> Fast, Furious, Deadly (just felt fitting)

RMW -> Carnival Days (the description mentions "old-school", face vs heels, and traditional, so this makes sense to me)

SAW -> Skit Based (this doesn't actually add diversity, but it made sense to me)

SNP -> Stoner Hardcore

SWF -> Attitude Entertainment and RIPW -> Episodic Entertainment (the big names needed some more distinction)

TIER 1 -> MMA Entertainment (inspired by this thread)

VWA -> No-Style Style (the description talks about "anything goes")

WINNOW -> Competitive Entertainment (inspired by this thread)

YEPW -> Stunt Show

Still looking for any other ideas people have, or feedback on the ones I've thought about so far.

I think Anti-Establishment Hardcore would fit better for PSW. They seem like they'd be on the verge of turning into something like AEW soon and abandoning the hardcore label.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vortex_13 said:

I think Anti-Establishment Hardcore would fit better for PSW. They seem like they'd be on the verge of turning into something like AEW soon and abandoning the hardcore label.

I don't have a ton of knowledge of the small hardcore companies, so I was mostly picking kinda at random just to get some different products there. I'll look at it.