Creating a Trios Division

I'm contemplating on creating a Trios Championship in my TCW save, first time I ever created one in any of my saves. I have a lot of stables/alliances in this save, so as the roster bulks up, I figured...what better time?

Just wanted to ask other's experience with a Trios Division. What is worth the time and effort? Any advice on making it a success?

I have a trios division in my save which I introduced 6 or 7 years in. I rely a lot on rematches as well as face vs. face and heel vs. heel matches because it's just hard having enough trios. Still, it works with my large roster and allows me to rotate stable members from division to division so that everyone has something to do at all times.

You definitely just wanna make sure you have a big enough roster and enough star power before you commit to it. Otherwise, you might just end up depleting your other divisions and running out of matchups quickly.

Edit: It's also a good way to give aging low stamina stars a title reign when they're no longer able to run singles or tags of decent lengths.

I personally don't like a trios title. I've tried it before and it just felt like it was something to do with very little prestige. Some workers who would never have been anywhere near even a midcard title by necessity become trios title contenders. Even with a large roster, it's very difficult to have enough trios to make the division exciting. It's just the same few teams trading the title. Another thing I found was that with more workers per match, the risk of injury leading to vacating the title was much higher.

I also have a large roster with a lot of stables and alliances in my current save, and I run quite a lot of trios matches but just not for a title. I have a yearly trios tournamant for a trophy instead, which gives the trios something to fight for, but doesn't have to be defended regularly.

I like combining it with having a company that has lucha basis, and so booking trios matches under the lucha libre rules.

It helps makes matches feel different and more distinctly their own thing.

That said I am SO tag team heavy that trios as a specific division feels a combination of redundant and overdoing it. the tag division is hyper competitive so trying to add in extras would be overload (and I already run into problems with PPVs being too long).

When I booked OLLIE, I focused heavily on having be distinctive stables and alliances so that all the competitors felt like actual units with a reason to be there as opposed to just random groups who are there because the trios belt is there. It was moderately successful, but you do have to put a lot into building up different combinations as credible without all the feuds just being incidentally splashing the trios title into other storylines. Also does require you investing in your talent pool and depth since for the trios not to just be an accessory, some groups do have to be a trio first, not like, a tag team and their buddy. or three members of a big stable (unless they came as a package deal to begin with)

I've introduced one in my 1980 save since I had a ton of stables throughout but I often think it does find the back burner when those stables disband and not a lot is going on.

For example,

I brought the title back because I have

The Elite (Hogan, Nasty Boys)

The Free Birds (Buddy Roberts, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy)

The Varsity Club (Rick Rude, The Steiners)

The Macho Men (Savage, Hall, Patera)

The Samoans (Samu, Fatu, Kokina)

The Von Erich Express (Kerry, Kevin, and David Von Erich)

Demolition (Crush, Ax, Smash)

Legion of Doom (Road Warriors and Paul Ellering)

The Hart Foundation (Bulldog, Bret Hart, Dean Hart, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart)

I will admit, I do a poor job with the belt and it is typically traded between factions.

I typically enjoy the trios title concept. When I play as a company in the COTT, I always add a world trios/six man title that can be defended in all of the companies, but it is a title that is defended with the least amount of regularity, but I am a sucker for old Mid Atlantic and I loved the World Six Man titles then so they have a soft spot in my heart.

I planned a Trios Division in an SWF save in the past when I was testing a Faction Warfare save.

Unleashed Awesomeness (Randy Unleashed, Jefferson Stardust and Huey Cannonball)

Rat Pack (Paul Huntingdon, Monty Trescarde, Justin Sensitive)

United We Stand (Masked Patriot, Marty Faith, American Machine)

Deadly Sinners (John Greed, Avalanche, Bekowski)

Down Under (Kian Owens, Will Beaumont, Nicky Gilbert)

Platinum (James Prudence, Dominic Desousa, Frederique)

Big Dancing Ballers (Robbie Retro, Oliver Kobb, Brett Biggins)

I tried a Trios division in a QAW save using the Women's Revolution mod by @willr0ck, and while I did scrap it, it did lead to one of my favorite gags. I partnered up Ursula Saez with the kid's Talia Neema and Urena Frost, and the 3 of them represented the great pyramid building cultures- the Mayans, the Egyptians, and... uh, the Finns.

I tried a Trios division in a QAW save using the Women's Revolution mod by @willr0ck, and while I did scrap it, it did lead to one of my favorite gags. I partnered up Ursula Saez with the kid's Talia Neema and Urena Frost, and the 3 of them represented the great pyramid building cultures- the Mayans, the Egyptians, and... uh, the Finns.

What a great trio. I'm a big fan of Neema and Frost from the mod. I think they're great. I could be biased though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had plans to introduce them since I started my main save, but they have been kept on the back burner every time. I have a large enough roster and stables, but I always worried about hurting my other divisions, and I already feel like I have too many titles. For example, my tag division has world and TV titles, on top of there being a women's tag division I just started.

ROH just started losing lots of money when they went up to medium size, and I already know I won't let them go out of business completely. They get a set of trios at some point... maybe a brand split or player-booked dev company