CZCW - Road to the Big Leagues

~~~

Lsa1JOE.jpg

Jay Becker looked in the mirror he set up in the garage that served as both his gym and his home, and carefully removed his pricey clothing, folding it and setting it aside. Carl told them you had to spend money to make money, but Becker still had to shake his head at what the clothing cost. He put on his workout clothes then went back to the mirror and taped up a picture of the COTT World Tag Team titles. Growing up, Becker had found that visualizing his goals was not only a way to escape his daily reality but helped him focus on actually achieving them. So looking at it that way, dressing up in those fancy clothes was a way to help him visualize himself as a success? Becker started working the heavy bag in the corner, and thought about how Malik never seemed to have a problem with spending money even before they met Carl, though he had grown up in a family just as poor as Jay's. So why did Becker feel guilty about spending money on luxuries? Becker stopped hitting the bag, realizing he wasn't focused on the task at hand. He walked over to where his finest suit was hanging, the one he would wear when he became champion, and fingered the material. Becker had to admit to himself that a part of him felt good when he looked good, and in this suit he looked damn good...

~~~

qxSoWwf.jpgw35BBUG.jpg

"Let's see. He used to come here, which means that he's going to be here. Now, if I already know that, then I also know when he'll be here. And the 'when' is today, right?" Suddenly aware of the silence surrounding him, Paradox wondered if he had said all that out loud. He sheepishly looked around and felt reassured that only some of his fellow bus passengers were staring at him. "No more than usual, anyway." He definitely said that one out loud. Suddenly they came to a stop at where he felt he should get off, and he paused in front of the bench as he got out to take a mental note to remember this place in the past. Future? Remember it in the future? That sounded right... but also... not right.

"How did you find me? I hate it when you do that! Nevermind, you never make sense anyway. What do you want? Is it that Trios titles thing again? Look, I told you I'm not interested, I've got my own things going on. My ear to the ground, my nose in the air, my eyes on the prize. Maybe Paradigm? I hear he hangs out at that park with all the other hippies. Go bother him!"

Paradox stands with a tilted head, and wonders if he needed to be paying attention to what Paranoia was saying. Did he say that out loud?

Paranoia is still ranting when a bicycle taxi pulls up, interrupting him. Paradox says "My ride was here." Or did he? And gets into the carriage. "To the hippie park!"

~~~

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Fighting Spirit II

Friday, Week 3, February 2020

Attendance: 1000 (Sold Out!) at The Snake Pit

~~~

nkqkrp4.jpgQEoVGs1.jpg83wHUNt.jpg

The Guru stands in the ring next to a table and chair set up in the center to start the show, carrying a mic in one hand and a clipboard in the other. He proceeds to introduce CZCW's newest signing without delay and Aldous Blackfriar comes out to the stage, accompanied by Pablo Rodriguez. He takes his time walking down the ramp and entering the ring, a slight smile on his face as he receives the clipboard from The Guru. Blackfriar pauses, then motions to The Guru that he wants the mic as well. The Guru obliges, and Blackfriar starts to speak. He begins by speaking appreciatively of Pablo Rodriguez and his hospitality, Blackfriar sounding genuinely humble to be in the ring with the Lucha Legend. He calls Rodriguez his "friend and mentor" which causes a strange look to pass on Pablo's face, but Blackfriar seems to take no notice and instead declares that it's time to get down to business. With that, Blackfriar signs the document on the clipboard and hands it off to the Guru.

2G9YX0v.jpgQEoVGs1.jpg83wHUNt.jpg

As he raises the mic to say something else, American Flash interrupts with a mic in hand, saying that he wanted to be the first to properly welcome Blackfriar to the Coastal Zone by challenging him to a match tonight! Aldous seems about to accept, but instead says that he wasn't feeling his best tonight, and he didn't want to disrespect Flash by giving him less than 100% of what he was capable of. "Instead, I offer you this: a match next month at CZCW Genesis, where I promise not only will I give my best, I might even find a way to pry the secret of beating you from my mentor's mind." Rodriguez gives Blackfriar another strange look, and seems about to speak, but Flash interrupts yet again. "Your mentor, huh? Did he teach you to viciously attack my partner Matt? It doesn't matter either way, I'll deal with him once I'm done with you!"

Pablo looks angry at this, and grabs the mic from Blackfriar. "Aldous might not be up to having a match tonight, but I am!" Blackfriar suddenly steps in front of Rodriguez, trying to calm him down and saying things the mic doesn't pick up. Rodriguez reluctantly gives the mic back to Blackfriar, who turns to Flash and says "It's clear you won't listen to reason anymore and this will only be settled in the ring. Do you accept my offer of a match at Genesis?" When Flash nods, Blackfriar continues " Good, then it will be Flash Sparrow versus Aldous Blackfriar and Pablo Rodriguez!" Rodriguez looks confused and starts speaking to Blackfriar, with Aldous once again trying to calm him down.

~~~

nbbPBR3.jpgu6bTvTN.jpgvs UoeSiFA.jpg1Y9nxzI.jpg

The Uprising vs The California Dreams

Kira Lee and Skye Hermosa make their entrance, the young duo playing to the crowd and looking ready for a fight. The reigning 5SSW Tag Team champions are out next and in contrast they don't play to the crowd at all. Instead, Talia Quinzel and Selina Svelte look all-business and they back it up once the match starts, blending a hard-hitting style with technical excellence and slick tag team wrestling. While they are outclassed in the ring, The California Dreams still show a lot of grit and determination as they try to stay in the fight, but eventually Kira Lee falls to the Rising Tide and is pinned by Quinzel. Winners: The Uprising

~~~

nkqkrp4.jpgBczDdKa.jpgoLvClEp.jpg

The Guru stands backstage with Remmy Skye, and speaks a bit about Remmy's history in the Coastal Zone. Remmy, for his part, gently sways and moves to music only he can hear. As the Guru tries to get a word out of Remmy, Deadly Deadshot crashes the party to tell everyone he's going to eliminate Remmy from CZCW, permanently!

~~~

0hkNpM9.jpgzz44Dqz.jpgqxSoWwf.jpgvs SiGkLIn.jpgMEHGncG.jpg9wixvxl.jpgvs 6jJ9N3z.jpg9yfZfS2.jpgdUy2GG6.jpg

Hugh de Aske/JOJI/Paradox vs Kid Fantastic/LA Star #1/LA Star #2 vs Onslaught/Swipe Romero/Zel Quinn

Three-way Trios Elimination

Nine of the Coastal Zone's flashiest young high flyers take to the ring in this match with potential title shot implications. Although there is a lot of raw talent on display, the team of de Aske, JOJI, and Paradox never really look like they're in trouble as they methodically eliminate the members of the other two teams. Winners: de Aske/JOJI/Paradox

~~~

nKYzuYZ.jpgaxQnmTw.jpgYcw9KFj.jpgaReFygC.jpgerWQ42U.jpg

Notorious' music hits and Fro Sure comes out to hype up Barrera and Rivera, giving them a glowing introduction, then the champs themselves come out to the stage. Fro Sure starts talking about their next mystery challenge for the belts when suddenly Waylon Walls and Bullseye rush out and attack Barrera and Rivera. The surprise gives Gangster Nation an advantage and they soon use their environment to beat the champs down. Bullseye grabs the mic from Fro Sure, who clearly wants no part of it, and says "Belts! No belts! We don't care! We just want to kick your asses!"

~~~

oLvClEp.jpgvs BczDdKa.jpg

Deadly Deadshot vs Remmy Skye

Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone Xtreme title

Remmy makes his entrance carrying a ladder to the ring, setting it up and climbing it to pose for the crowd. Next out is the champ, Deadshot, who looks laser-focused on the task at hand. Once the bell rings, Deadshot puts his plan into action, attacking Remmy's legs and back. For his part, Remmy is able to weather the storm and mount a comeback with some death-defying offense, but goes to the well one to many times and misses a splash off a ladder which gives Deadshot enough time to retrieve the title. Winner: Deadly Deadshot

~~~

Lsa1JOE.jpgIyJ5I3M.jpgvs qklJal6.jpgSTgP7jx.jpg

Ice Cold vs Death Row

The sound of motorcycles reving is all the music they need, and the big, bad team of Knuckles and Shady K make their entrance looking mean. Ice Cold are out next with Carl Batch, all three men approaching the ring carefully. As they enter the ring, Carl Batch has a mic and he tells the ref to hold on because he has some business to discuss. He takes the center of the ring, with Ice Cold backing him up, and addresses Death Row by saying he has a business proposition. Batch raises a piece of paper and tells Knuckles and Shady K "There's a number on it, a number that could get you some really nice motorcycle rims. Motorcycles have rims, right? Whatever, with this paper you can invent motorcycle rims if they don't exist already. What I'm saying is you two have an opportunity here; an opportunity to get paid without doing any of the work. All you have to do is walk away!"

His pitch done, Batch hands the paper off to Jay Becker, who boldly walks up to the much larger Knuckles and holds out the paper. After a moment, Knuckles snatches it out of Becker's hand and glances at the number on it. He hands off the paper to Shady K, who looks at it, then their eyes meet and a silent conversation seems to happen in an instant. The ref starts the match and without a word, Death Row leave the ring and head to the back, leaving Ice Cold the winners by count-out. Winners: Ice Cold

~~~

zdYrim4.jpgjSAuiE9.jpgvs NnmskY4.jpgIWvkVxI.jpg

The American Cobras vs The Night Terrors

Britney Hollywood comes out to the stage carrying her phone and yelling towards the ring before The American Cobras' music even starts. Malloy and Spillane hurry after her and don't seem to know what to do. Becker and Cash, along with Carl Batch, head up the ramp and get into a staredown with the Cobras while Hollywood yells at Batch and Batch responds by looking smug. The staredown ends and the Cobras pull Hollywood away and down the ramp, towards the ring. She's still upset, but visibly calming down as she takes a breath and tells the Cobras to pose. As she's set to snap a picture, the lights go out and when they come back up Babau and Moroi are standing in the ring behind Malloy and Spillane who are still posing for Hollywood. She shrugs and takes the pic anyway, then yells at the Cobras to turn around! As they do, The Night Terrors attack and the ref is forced to start the match.

Despite their early advantage, Babau and Moroi are unable to put the Cobras away. Instead, Malloy and Spillane are able to take control soon after the initial assault and turn it into a more even match. Fast-paced and technical, the match is mostly back and forth until the Cobras catch Moroi with a Cobra Strike for the pin. Winners: The American Cobras

~~~

6bEiMeC.jpg0ZiTd1S.jpg7xfM5ht.jpgXALhUV9.jpgr5C9w2F.jpgCXCShuB.jpg

Frankie Perez’ music hits and the champ comes out to the ring, posing with the Coastal Zone Championship. When he’s done, he grabs a mic and calls out Al Coleman, saying that Coleman invited him to hear what he had to say but apparently lost his nerve. "It doesn't matter, though. I've beaten you twice in a row so as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with you and ready for my next challenge!" Suddenly, Al Coleman appears on the big screen to the side of the stage, standing in his gym. He says that he decided to kill two birds with one stone and knock out some training while he and Frankie have a chat. A masked man stumbles into the frame and a young man wearing a bandana flies into him and performs a standing Spanish Fly. Almost immediately, a powerful looking young woman effortlessly picks up the masked man and performs a picture perfect German Suplex, and as the masked man bounces off the mat a large, muscular man picks him up and hits a ripcord lariat. The masked man seems out on the ground, but that doesn’t deter Conner Threepwood from applying a Stretch Plum. As the masked man yells in pain, Coleman removes the mask to reveal a beat-up looking Jonnie Perez! Coleman looks into the camera and says “ We were having so much fun training I forgot all about the chat part! Oh well, come and find me Frankie, and we can have our ‘conversation!’” Coleman then nods and Threepwood lets go, giving Coleman space to slap on the Ankle Brace which causes Jonnie to yell out again. The feed cuts out as suddenly as it came on, and in the ring a worried looking Frankie Perez rushes to the back.

~~~

ZdU5K7d.jpgvs 4Kmfzgn.jpgvs TSTnDHV.jpg

Masked Cougar vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes vs Frantic Ali

Triple Threat Match for a shot at the Coastal Zone Championship

Frantic Ali makes his debut in the Coastal Zone, looking intense and ready for a fight as he makes his way to the ring. Next out is Fernandes with his usual humble demeanor, leaving no clue as to the wild high flyer that lives within. Out last is Masked Cougar, accompanied by Tigre Salvaje Jr and El Jaguar, cockily striding to the ring. The match begins and all three competitors circle each other, looking for openings. Suddenly Ali springs into action with stiff strikes, alternating between Cougar and Fernandes, until Cougar bails to the outside and leaves Fernandes to receive Ali's wrath. Fernandes seems to be overwhelmed, but is soon able to create some distance and hit the ropes to launch himself at Ali, who goes down. Fernandes jumps up to the top rope, but instead of Ali his target is Cougar on the outside of the ring, and Fernandes leaps into a 450 splash onto Cougar. This proves to be a costly mistake as Tigre Salvaje and El Jaguar are there to punish Fernandes for daring to leave the ring. The ref admonishes them but damage is done, and Ali leaves the ring to roll Cougar into the ring for a near fall. From there, the match is mostly between Cougar and Ali with a back-and-forth pitting dangerous striking against high-flying action. While not up to the usual Coastal Zone standard, Ali still has a fair few flashy moves at his disposal and is able to surprise Cougar to take control, but the rest of the Pride has something to say about that as they distract the ref, allowing Cougar to cheat to take back control. Eventually, Fernandes recovers enough to re-enter the mix, leading to a mostly even match until Tigre Salvaje and El Jaguar make their presence felt once again. Cougar gets the win with a quick rollup on Fernandes while his stablemates deal with Ali. Winner: Masked Cougar

~~~

Overall: 59

~~~

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Genesis 1.0

~~~

Frankie Perez vs Masked Cougar vs Al Coleman

Three-way Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone Championship

The champ Frankie Perez has been locked into a blood feud with Al Coleman, especially since Coleman made things personal with Shoot Club's assault on brother Jonnie Perez, so it came as no surprise that Frankie demanded to settle things in the ring one more time. Masked Cougar had other plans, however, winning a match to determine the new #1 contender to Frankie's title and demanding his shot at Genesis. Three of the Coastal Zone's biggest stars collide in a ladder match for the top title!

~~~

The American Cobras vs Ice Cold

COTT World Tag Team titles

The American Cobras have been as focused on building their social media brand as they have their in-ring product, and cracks may be beginning to show. Ice Cold has risen to their first COTT title shot off the backs of their talent and their manager's acumen, and have said they're hungrier than the champs.

~~~

Frantic Ali vs Simon Waves

Coastal Zone original Simon Waves is back to singles competition after a losing a match where the stipulation was that The Beach Boys could never team together again, and has said he feels like he has something to prove. Frantic Ali lost in his debut match and also feels like he has something to prove to himself and to the Coastal Zone. A win here means more than usual for both competitors.

~~~

Notorious vs Gangster Nation

Hardcore Tag Match

After losing a Coastal Zone Tag Team title match to Notorious, Gangster Nation hasn't even slowed down. Driven and brutal, Waylon Walls and Bullseye have continued taking it to the champs outside the ring, leading to this rematch where the titles aren't on the line. Instead, respect will be earned.

~~~

Remmy Skye/Going Coastal vs Kid Fantastic/LA Stars

3 vs 3 Lucha Libre rules

Eager to get back in the win column, Remmy Skye, Frankie-Boy Fernandes, and California Love Machine have accepted the challenge of three young, hungry high flyers. Will there be a changing of the top rope guard, or do the veterans still have what it takes to dominate the sky?

~~~

Pablo Rodriguez/Aldous Blackfriar vs Flash Sparrow

A budding relationship based on mutual respect has turned sour as American Flash and Pablo Rodriguez have apparently fallen victim to the mind games of Aldous Blackfriar. Now, with Blackfriar finally officially under contract with CZCW, he makes his in-ring debut alongside the legendary Rodriguez to take on Flash and his long-time partner Matt Sparrow.

~~~

This Saturday, Week 1, March 2020 At The Snake Pit!

Available on WrestleWorld On Demand!

~~~

American Cobras vs Ice Cold

Remmy Skye/Going Coastal vs Kid Fantastic/LA Stars

Pablo Rodriguez/Aldous Blackfriar vs Flash Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...
Frankie Perez vs Masked Cougar vs Al Coleman (Welcome back! I missed this dynasty while you were away. I think you should hold off on the title change until Welcone to the Coastal Zone in two months.)

American Cobras vs Ice Cold (Death Row interferes, we’ve got new COTT tag champs, and the Cobras start their chase arc.)

Frantic Ali vs Simon Waves (Waves is alright, but Ali is much better right now.)

Notorious vs Gangster Nation (No titles on the line means you’re setting up a trilogy between these two.)

Remmy Skye/Going Coastal vs Kid Fantastic/LA Stars (Remmy can’t pile up losses so soon after returning.)

Pablo Rodriguez/Aldous Blackfriar vs Flash Sparrow (This angle is so interesting to me. I’d like to see a Blackfriar-Rodriguez occult stable form. Anyway, Matt is here to take the pin.)

Thanks so much for the kind words! Hopefully the Blackfriar story continues to intrigue. Also thanks to you, Herrbear, and anyone else who stuck with this dynasty over my unintended hiatus! I got really busy irl, and I don't foresee getting that busy again anytime soon so hopefully I can stick to my self-imposed deadlines to get events written up and posted. I'll just put it out there that I give myself a two week deadline for each event as a way to help hold myself to that.

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Genesis 1.0

Saturday, Week 1, March 2020

22,952 Viewers on WrestleWorld

~~~

2G9YX0v.jpg4riLhAU.jpgQEoVGs1.jpg83wHUNt.jpg

A video package rolls to hype the first match, American Flash and Matt Sparrow start it by talking about how they're going to make Blackfriar and Rodriguez both regret ever stepping foot in a CZCW ring. Pablo Rodriguez and Aldous Blackfriar are next, Blackfriar does the speaking but doesn't look into the camera: "Flash Sparrow, I envy you, you know. So close to the end of your journey, so close to the final mysteries, even if you don't realize it yet. Tonight you face eternity, and if you're lucky, you may find a certain... harmony... even as dusk falls."

~~~

2G9YX0v.jpg4riLhAU.jpgvsQEoVGs1.jpg83wHUNt.jpg

Pablo Rodriguez / Aldous Blackfriar vs Flash Sparrow

American Flash and Matt Sparrow make their entrance, each high-fiving fans around the ring, flipping over the top rope from opposite sides, and then high-fiving each other in the middle of the ring. An EDM remix of a religious song in Latin plays and Blackfriar is out next, a huge smile on his face as he makes his way to the ring. As he steps through the ropes Flash looks like he's going to attack but Sparrow stops him by placing his hand on Flash's chest and saying something. Flash reluctantly backs up to his corner, never taking his eyes off Blackfriar as the latter stands in the middle of the ring with outstretched arms. Finally, the reigning COTT Heavyweight Champion Pablo Rodriguez makes his entrance and goes to the middle rope to pose with the belt for the fans, never quite taking his eyes off of Flash Sparrow's corner. Blackfriar and Flash start the match for their respective teams and once the bell rings Flash launches himself at Blackfriar, but Aldous gets between the ropes and the referee prevents Flash from making contact. Flash backs off at the ref's command and stands in the middle of the ring, making a "Come and get it!" gesture. Blackfriar starts circling, looking for a tie up, but then tags in Rodriguez without warning. Pablo enters the ring and starts circling with Flash, looking for openings. Suddenly they lock up and launch into a dazzling display of chain wrestling. As in their singles match at Revolution 2020, Flash proves to be quicker but Rodriguez has experience as a counter-balance, leading to a mostly even exchange. Sparrow indicates he wants a tag, Flash obliges and Blackfriar then also indicates he wants a tag. Rodriguez shrugs and tags Aldous in which starts the feeling out process in the match again. Blackfriar and Sparrow lock up, and Blackfriar immediately takes control with a side headlock, not letting up control with various maneuvers throughout their exchanges. As the match goes on something seems wrong with Sparrow's performance, his offense consistently misses or is blocked and countered while Blackfriar is apparently charmed in his efforts to cause damage to Sparrow. Suddenly, the match ends as Blackfriar pins Sparrow and Flash seems too surprised to break up the count. Winners: Pablo Rodriguez / Aldous Blackfriar

~~~

2G9YX0v.jpg4riLhAU.jpgQEoVGs1.jpg83wHUNt.jpg

Rodriguez looks confused as the ref raises his hand along with Blackfriar's, and soon begins a conversation with Aldous in the middle of the ring. Flash, finished checking on Sparrow, goes to confront Blackfriar by grabbing him by the shoulder and turning him around. Blackfriar puts his hands up in a mock surrender gesture, which seems to enrage Flash further as he loads up a super kick but hits Rodriguez instead when Blackfriar ducks. Stunned and down on one knee for only a moment, Rodriguez pops back up and starts unloading strikes on Flash. Weathering the initial storm, Flash starts giving as good as he gets until Blackfriar intervenes with a chair to Flash's back. Blackfriar holds the chair out to Rodriguez after Flash drops to the canvas clutching his back, and after a split-second hesitation Rodriguez grabs the chair and swings it down onto Flash. Blackfriar encourages Rodriguez to hit Flash again, but Rodriguez just stares at Flash writhing on the ground. Matt Sparrow, having recovered a bit, pulls himself up by the ropes and stumbles towards the scene of carnage, winding up spent and on his knees in front of Rodriguez. All Sparrow can do is spit in Rodriguez' face, a look of disbelief soon replaced by a look of rage as Rodriguez wipes the spit off. He then raises the chair again, turns, and hits Aldous Blackfriar instead! Matt Sparrow apparently recovers in an instant and dives across Blackfriar's body, seemingly to protect Blackfriar from another chair shot. Instead, Rodriguez backs out of the ring, and starts heading to the back, briefly stopping and turning around when he catches out of the corner of his eye Blackfire sitting up and smiling a bloody smile.

~~~

BczDdKa.jpg4Kmfzgn.jpgo3MYojY.jpgvsSiGkLIn.jpgMEHGncG.jpg9wixvxl.jpg

Remmy Skye / Frankie-Boy Fernandes / California Love Machine vs Kid Fantastic / LA Star #1 / LA Star #2

Lucha Libre rules

The LA Stars are out first along with their partner Kid Fantastic, who takes the opportunity to keep declaring how great he is to anyone listening. All three show off a bit in the ring as they warm up and wait for their opponents. Going Coastal and Remmy Skye are out next, California Love Machine playing to the crowd and Frankie-Boy Fernandes his usual reserved self. Remmy dances to the ring and tries to get his partners to join in, CLM happily does so and Fernandes seems too embarrassed to try, but he turns more serious once he enters the ring and comes face-to-face with Kid Fantastic, who tells Remmy he's about to find out exactly how he earned his name. Remmy just nods slowly with a slight smile on his face and goes to his corner.

The match begins and it's clear everyone was trying to one-up each other with spectacular moves, but even among all the amazing feats being performed in and out of the ring Fernandes stands out. It's Remmy, though, who ultimately picks up the win by pinning Kid Fantastic after a Skye Diver off the top rope. Winners: Remmy Skye / Frankie-Boy Fernandes / California Love Machine

~~~

ZdU5K7d.jpgrFxS91e.jpgx3UZCbG.jpg

"Another day, another step closer to cementing my legacy in CZCW!"

Masked Cougar stands backstage with Tigre Salvaje Jr and El Jaguar, and talks again about being the gold standard of the Coastal Zone.

"It doesn't matter how many punks I have to get through to get my title, no one can stop me from fulfilling my destiny! Perez has had the title for too long, and what has he done with it? 'Defended' it against unworthy competition, including Coleman. And Coleman, don't think I forgot you and everyone in your new 'training camp!' In fact, let me address your 'friends' directly: you picked the wrong wrestler to back, and The Wild Cats will make sure you know it if you interfere tonight!"

~~~

axQnmTw.jpgYcw9KFj.jpgvsaReFygC.jpgerWQ42U.jpg

Hardcore rules

Bullseye and Waylon Walls make their entrance, each carrying a trash can full of weapons, and wait for their opponents in the ring. Fro Sure is out next to hype up Notorious, who come running out to the ring before he can finish, but surprisingly don't attack Gangster Nation. Instead, Notorious take the center of the ring and stand there while Bullseye and Walls step up and have a staredown with them. No words are exchanged, and perhaps also surprisingly, all four competitors separate at the ref's command and go to their corners to await the start of the match.

Once the bell rings the brawl is on, with Notorious' experience perhaps giving them the edge over Gangster Nation as they control much of the early match. Carlos Barrera in particular emerges as his team's general, directing his partner in a sequence of slick tag team moves that lead to several near falls, but Gangster Nation is able to fight through and fight back by using Bullseye's disregard for his own safety backed with Walls' muscle. Walls also shows himself to be double-tough as he goes strike-for-strike with both Barrera and Rivera at the same time and is able to give as good as he gets. As the match progresses, both teams come close to winning until finally Gangster Nation is able to put Rivera away with a Sidewinder through a table. Winners: Gangster Nation

~~~

0ZiTd1S.jpg7xfM5ht.jpgXALhUV9.jpgr5C9w2F.jpgCXCShuB.jpg

"What are you doing to me Frankie? I thought we had something special!"

Al Coleman is backstage with Shoot Club standing behind him.

"Tell me something, Connor, who was it that gave Frankie that limp?"

"It was you, Coach!"

"And who was it that saved Frankie when he couldn't beat the Wild Cats?"

"You, Coach!"

"And who was it that beat the hell out of brother Jonnie?"

"...All of.. us... Coach?"

"Oh right! It was all of us! Anyway, my point is this - that overgrown pussy cat shouldn't be anywhere near this match. Frankie, I'm coming for you and it doesn't matter who I have to go through. And that, kitty, is your only warning!"

~~~

TSTnDHV.jpgvstOOTK5S.jpg

Waves makes his entrance with his manager Willow, playing to the crowd and looking fired up! Next out is the intense Frantic Ali who always looks ready for a fight. And a fight he gets once the bell rings as Waves immediately uses his speed advantage to go on the offensive while also dodging some nasty-looking strikes. After a few pin attempts the momentum changes drastically as Ali finally catches Waves with a brutal punch. From there, it seems to be Ali's match to lose as he continues to punish Waves leading to several near-falls. Waves refuses to stay down, however, until Ali finally hits a Death Valley Driver for the three. Winner: Frantic Ali

~~~

zdYrim4.jpgjSAuiE9.jpgLsa1JOE.jpgIyJ5I3M.jpg

A video package rolls in order to highlight the next match: Not content to just be one of the best tag teams in the world, with the international resume to prove it, The American Cobras have turned their talents to conquering avenues of fame outside of the wrestling ring. Under Britney Hollywood's guidance both Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane have raised their profiles considerably in the social media sphere. Apparently unwilling to be outdone in raising profiles, Carl Batch has taken Ice Cold to the next level in the Coastal Zone, giving Jay Becker and Malik Cash the opportunity of a lifetime in the shape of a shot at the COTT World Tag Team titles.

~~~

zdYrim4.jpgjSAuiE9.jpgvsLsa1JOE.jpgIyJ5I3M.jpg

The American Cobras vs Ice Cold

COTT World Tag Team titles

Jay Becker and Malik Cash are out first, wearing new matching ring attire in sparkly gold and green, doing their tandem pose on the stage. Also dressed in his best for the occasion, Carl Batch arrives to the stage and accompanies Ice Cold to the ring, tossing fake $100 bills with his face on them into the crowd. Becker and Cash take to their corner and wait for their opponents, Batch pulling them into a huddle for a last-minute pep talk. Music hits and Britney Hollywood is out first, using her phone to stream the entrance of Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane, both of whom are also wearing new ring attire that appears to be noticeably somehow even more sparkly than Ice Cold's gear. As they make their way to the ring they ham it up for the live stream and pose in the ring with their COTT World Tag Team title belts. The match begins and it's clear that the theatrics aren't quite over as both Hollywood and Batch get involved in the match at various points, but the bout largely is a showcase of the ability of all four competitors with Malloy especially a standout as he tries to one up both Becker and Cash with flashy moves. Mostly even throughout, both teams manage several near-falls until The American Cobras are able to put Becker away with a Cobra Strike. Winners: The American Cobras

~~~

6bEiMeC.jpgpdIPcPu.jpg

Frankie Perez is backstage with The Guru, and starts talking about tonight's main event when something off camera distracts him.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay home."

A beaten up Jonnie Perez walks over on crutches and says "I heard you but you're not my dad."

"No, but I still have to look out for you. You know what, it's probably better you're here within my reach tonight."

"Oh yeah? Maybe I will 'go home.' And on the way I can look for that snake Coleman's gym again!"

"Funny. You're in no condition to look out for yourself right now so I made a decision."

Jonnie scoffs, "So?"

Frankie, perhaps pausing a beat for effect, then says "I'm calling Abuela."

Jonnie seems to grow pale under his bruises. "Frankie, no!"

Frankie gets close to Jonnie, grabs him behind the head with one hand and pulls him in until their foreheads are pressed against each other.

"I have to. And deep down you know it. La Familia sobrevivirá como familia."

Jonnie lets out a breath and seems to relax in his brother's hand, literally and figuratively.

~~~

6bEiMeC.jpgvsZdU5K7d.jpgvs0ZiTd1S.jpg

Three-Way Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone Championship

Al Coleman makes his entrance along with Shoot Club, wearing a hooded robe that he removes before he enters the ring to reveal new MMA-inspired ring gear complete with fingerless gloves. Next out is Masked Cougar with El Jaguar and Tigre Salvaje Jr, all three wrestlers start jawing with Shoot Club outside the ring but no one takes the bait so Cougar enters the ring and poses. Last out is the champ, 'Buzzsaw' Frankie Perez posing for the crowd with his title. As he enters the ring, it's clear he realizes the predicament he might be in as he surveys the two groups surrounding the ring, but ultimately he seems to decide to pay no notice and continues posing for the fans.

The match begins with a short feeling out process, not one of the three competitors apparently willing to commit this early in the match, but soon and unspoken alliance is created when Coleman and Cougar both decide to go after the champ. Perez is able to initially hold his own but he soon gets overwhelmed and thrown out of the ring for Shoot Club to start laying boots to him while Coleman and Cougar distract the ref. Perez is able to fight back to his feet and lay out several Shoot Club members with stiff strikes, then re-enter the ring where Coleman and Cougar again wordlessly fall on the same page of punishing Perez. They eventually throw him out of the ring again, this time where the Wild Cats are waiting to take advantage, but Jonnie Perez comes out with his crutches, hobbling as fast as he can to save his brother from the double-team of El Jaguar and Tigre Salvaje Jr. This time, the ref catches sight of what's going on outside the ring and decides to eject everyone not currently competing in the match. Coleman goes ballistic and starts blaming Masked Cougar for losing their respective backup, leading to Cougar breaking the alliance by attacking Coleman. Frankie Perez takes a breather on the outside of the ring, but soon enters the mix to get his shots in on his challengers. From there, the match is mostly even until the end where all three are up on a ladder under the championship slugging it out until Perez manages to drop both Coleman and Cougar off the ladder with stiff strikes and grab the title. Winner: Frankie Perez

~~~

Overall: 66

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Fighting Spirit III

Reaching For The Gold...

~~~

Storm Spillane vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes

Reach 4 The Gold Qualifier

The long history between The American Cobras and Going Coastal could fill a book, and the next chapter will be written with this match as Spillane and Fernandes battle it out for a spot in the Reach 4 The Gold 4-way ladder match at Uprising. At stake in that match is a shot at the Coastal Zone Championship.

~~~

The Pride vs Hugh de Aske/JOJI/Paradox

Coastal Zone Trios title match

In this first challenge for the new Coastal Zone Trios titles, the challengers have pointed out that The Pride have been focused on the Coastal Zone Championship scene lately and may not see what's in front of them in this match. The Pride have said that no one is on their level, and they look forward to proving it.

~~~

Marvel Malloy vs Deadly Deadshot

With both of the American Cobras receiving spots in the qualifiers for the Reach 4 The Gold match at Uprising, chances are good for someone on the team to walk away with the whole thing. The first obstacle is the formidable Coastal Zone Xtreme champion, Deadly Deadshot, who is just as driven to improve his profile as the Cobras are.

~~~

Frantic Ali vs Malik Cash

Another qualifier match for a shot at becoming the #1 contender for the Coastal Zone Championship, the former 5-time IPW champion Frantic Ali takes on Malik Cash of Ice Cold in a rare singles match for the latter. Ali has looked strong in the ring since arriving in CZCW, but Carl Batch and Jay Becker being in Cash's corner may make all the difference.

~~~

The Uprising vs Red Alert

Reigning 5SSW tag champs Selina Svelte and Talia Quinzel continue their CZCW tour with a match against the young duo of Air Raid Syren and Juliet Balconi.

~~~

Remmy Skye vs Babau vs Simon Waves vs Heartbreaker

Reach 4 the Gold Qualifier: Ladder match for the Wild Card

Drawn from a lottery consisting of all available CZCW roster members, this 4-way match is somewhat of a preview of Reach 4 the Gold itself as the competitors attempt to grab the Wild Card hanging from the rafters. With his ladder match experience Skye is an obvious favorite, but he faces the bizzare Babau of The Night Terrors, the hungry-for-a-win Simon Waves, and the lucha veteran Heartbreaker.

~~~

This Friday, Week 3, March 2020 at The Snake Pit!

Available on WrestleWorld On-Demand!

~~~

~~~

j2f87BV.jpgAo0f5aM.jpgseDuG2S.jpg

It had been a long drive to Los Angeles. Teresa Perez adjusted the rearview mirror before she backed out of the small 'parking lot' that served the apartment complex her cousin Marc lived in. She briefly studied him as the mirror caught a full view of his mask as he was settling into the backseat and Teresa found herself remembering the first time she held him as a baby. She was just 10 years old and it was such a vivid memory because it was the first time she had held a baby on her own, without help. That was 20 years ago, and now young adult Marc Perez had entered the family business as Shooting Star Perez, carrying the family name proudly among the newest generation of wrestlers.

"Hold on."

"I see them."

Teresa brought her attention to her other cousin, Pinky Perez, sitting in the passenger seat as she waited for the other car who wanted to pull into the 'parking lot.' She smiled as she remembered Pinky gazing in wonderment as they entered Los Angeles on her first visit to the massive city, apparently expecting to catch sight of a movie star or two on their way to pick up Marc. She brought her attention back to the car trying to get in, and noticed the driver staring at Teresa's passengers as they squeezed by. Pinky was from an old-school part of Mexico and always wore her mask in public. Teresa wasn't sure why Marc was wearing his.

Their next stop was cousin Frankie's place, and Teresa thought about her older cousin. Not just an excellent pro wrestler, Frankie had high family expectations placed on his shoulders at an early age since he was the first grandchild to be born, and to his credit it seemed he was living up to those expectations and even thriving as he did so. She wondered if Jonnie would be there. She let herself smile as she finally pulled out into the street. Jonnie was the same age as Teresa so they had practically grown up together, albeit across many familial visits both ways over the US-Mexico border. Jonnie was her first crush, and although she was long over it she still delighted in playing it up and making Jonnie squirm.

"So what's the plan?" Marc asked.

Pinky and Teresa exchanged looks, as neither wanted to be blunt about it, but it also didn't feel right to sugar-coat it.

"Abuela said to help out Frankie and Jonnie, so that's what we're going to do."

Seemingly satisfied by Teresa's answer, Marc went back to checking out his phone. It had been a long drive to Los Angeles, and that battle won it was time to finish the war.

~~~

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Fighting Spirit III

Friday, Week 3, March 2020

21,580 viewers on WrestleWorld

~~~

nkqkrp4.jpg83wHUNt.jpg

The Guru is standing in the ring to start the show, and introduces the COTT World Heavyweight champion Pablo Rodriguez for an interview. The Lucha Legend makes his entrance and heads to the ring to pose for the fans with his title. When he's finished, he goes to stand next to The Guru, who starts by asking Rodriguez about what happened at the end of his tag match at Genesis. Rodriguez starts to speak, but is interrupted by Aldous Blackfriar appearing on the screen above the stage.

QEoVGs1.jpg

"Faith... it's everything you know. Even in our moment of doubt, even at our lowest point, even when we think we've lost it all... no one can really take it away. You can only give it up. Pablo, I have to say, you're everything I believed you to be... and more. When I began my path to this point I wasn't really sure if I could make it all work, after all no one ever laid it all out in black-and-white, but some reflection since Genesis shows those many hours I spent studying did indeed prove to be fruitful. You gave in, Pablo! Even if it was just for a moment, that moment was a full expression of your glorious potential and I want to say... you're welcome. You. Are. Welcome. I'm really excited for what's to come! Knowing what I know about you I made sure to have backup plans. And backup backup plans. And backup backup backup... well, you get the idea... 'The Empty Heart is the Vessel of Truest Expression - So Rings Out the Harmony of Dusk!'"

83wHUNt.jpg2G9YX0v.jpg4riLhAU.jpg

The screen goes black as a hooded figure slides into the ring behind Rodriguez, and it's The Guru who tips Rodriguez off and then beats a hasty retreat as Pablo turns to face the newcomer. The hooded figure stops in their tracks, and it's almost too late once Rodriguez notices the other hooded figure entering the ring from the opposite side. Both hooded figures attack Rodriguez at the same time but he's somehow able to fend them off long enough to rip the hood off of one of them to reveal American Flash! Rodriguez is shocked long enough for the two attackers to finally overwhelm him and beat him down into the canvas. Their work apparently complete, the other figure removes their hood to reveal Matt Sparrow, and the team of Flash Sparrow proceeds to high five over the crumpled up body of Pablo Rodriguez laying in the center of the ring.

~~~

BczDdKa.jpgvsNnmskY4.jpgvstOOTK5S.jpgvsXNO1XZ2.jpg

Remmy Skye vs Babau vs Simon Waves vs Heartbreaker

Reach 4 The Gold Qualifier: 4-Way Ladder Match for the Wild Card

Heartbreaker is out first, carrying his single rose, and as he passes the ladder on the stage he gives a worried look. Soon enough the bravado returns and Heartbreaker climbs the ladder halfway and makes a show of looking out into the audience. By the look on his face he's seen something he likes so he proceeds to climb back down and give his rose to a woman in the crowd. Simon Waves is out next accompanied by Willow, and he grabs the ladder on stage then takes it to the ring and sets it up right under the Wild Card hanging from the rafters. He motions to the crowd that he's going to try quickly running up the ladder as soon as the match starts. Suddenly, the lights go out for several moments, and when they come back up Babau is on top of the ladder that Waves set up, twitching and moving jerkily as he gazes down at his opponents before climbing down and waiting in his corner. Finally, Remmy Skye arrives to survey the scene and dance his way to the ring.

When the match starts, true to his word Simon Waves rushes to try and climb the ladder first but gets caught by the other three and pulled down. Unwilling to give up so easily, Waves launches his offense against whoever he can reach and tries to scramble up the ladder again. Once again, he's stopped by the other three, and the match continues with all four competitors pulling out all they have in an attempt to grab the Wild Card. As predicted by many, Remmy Skye has a particularly good showing in his specialty match, and comes close to winning until Kid Fantastic comes out of the crowd to knock the ladder over, dumping Skye over the top rope and onto the floor. Then, taking to the top rope, Kid Fantastic performs a perfect Skye Diver onto Remmy laying on the floor below. Meanwhile, Heartbreaker and Waves have resorted to striking each other as they climb opposite sides of the ladder, hoping to be the last man climbing once the top is reached. Babau, however, has other plans that he enacts by shaking the ladder and forcing his two remaining opponents to jump off lest they fall. Neither Heartbreaker or Waves have particularly good landings which gives Babau the time he needs to reach the top of the ladder and grab the Wild Card. Winner: Babau

~~~

6bEiMeC.jpgpdIPcPu.jpgj2f87BV.jpgAo0f5aM.jpgseDuG2S.jpg

Frankie and Jonnie Perez are standing backstage with three other people, who are introduced as cousins Teresa Perez, Pinky Perez, and Shooting Star Perez. Frankie does the talking, mentioning how the bonds of family are stronger than the cult of personality of both The Pride and Shoot Club. He says that now he has people he can trust watching his brother's back and he can fully focus on his next challenge. "And while the next #1 contender for the Coastal Zone Championship is still being decided, La Familia Perez is putting out an open challenge to anyone in the world: singles match, tag match, trios... La Familia has you covered, and will show you the strength of the blood running through our veins!"

~~~

nbbPBR3.jpgu6bTvTN.jpgvsLntFaAa.jpgtRXgG2j.jpg

The Uprising vs Red Alert

Juliet Balconi and Air Raid Syren are all smiles and waves as they make their way to the ring, the young duo clearly happy to be there. In contrast, the 5SSW Tag Team champs Selina Svelte and Talia Quinzel are laser-focused on the ring with no crowd interaction as they make their entrance. Syren starts the match for her team, and she stops Quinzel from locking up once the bell rings so she can start dancing. Quinzel watches for a moment, then launches into a lariat, leading to a punishing series of strikes. Looking out of it and ready for a pin, Syren is instead thrown to her corner by Quinzel where Balconi hesitantly tags in. Quinzel quickly goes on the attack and gains a firm advantage, leading to a near-fall that is only broken up because Quinzel stops it herself by pulling Balconi up before the ref can count the three. Apparently done for now with her prey, she tags in her partner Svelte, who immediately applies the Prawn Armlock on Balconi for a quick tap out. Winners: The Uprising

~~~

TSTnDHV.jpgnkqkrp4.jpgIyJ5I3M.jpgLsa1JOE.jpg

Backstage, Frantic Ali and Malik Cash are being interviewed by The Guru about their match but before Ali can get a word in Carl Batch interrupts. Batch is holding a piece of paper and tells Ali that there's a number on it, and number that should make him very happy. "And all you have to do tonight is walk awayrrgh..." Batch trails off into choking noises as Ali grabs him by the throat! Ice Cold quickly separate the two and Batch goes to stand behind them, breathing heavily and trying to recover. "You just made the worst mistake of your life!" Batch yells, in-between coughing fits.

~~~

TSTnDHV.jpgvsIyJ5I3M.jpg

Frantic Ali vs Malik Cash

Carl Batch looks furious as he enters the stage behind Malik Cash, grabbing at his neck instead of throwing fake $100 bills into the crowd as they make their way down the ramp. Cash looks hyped and ready for his match as he poses in the ring. Next out is Frantic Ali, and as Ali makes his way down the ramp Jay Becker runs up behind him and attacks! Ali quickly reverses however and manages to hit the Death Valley Driver on Becker, slamming him down onto the ramp. Ali survey his handiwork briefly before continuing his stride to the ring.

After watching what Ali did to Becker, Cash looks significantly less confident as the match starts. Still, Cash's speed wins him the initial exchanges, and Batch's periodic interference keeps Ali from generating any momentum when he does get the advantage, leading to a good overall showing for Malik Cash in this match. The ending comes when, during yet another ref distraction by Batch, Cash wraps his gold chain around his fist and swings at Ali... and connects! But Ali is able to shrug it off after a few long seconds and hoist Cash up for a Death Valley Driver and the pin. Winner: Frantic Ali

~~~

nKYzuYZ.jpgaxQnmTw.jpgYcw9KFj.jpgaReFygC.jpgerWQ42U.jpg

Fro Sure is out to hype up the Coastal Zone Tag Team champs Carlos Barrera and Miguel Rivera, but the duo come out to the stage before he can finish and Barrera grabs the mic from him. Notorious proceeds to say that there would be no open challenge because they had unfinished business with Gangster Nation. Sure enough, as soon as they are mentioned, Bullseye and Waylon Walls come out to hear what the champs have to say. Barrera starts by congratulating Gangster Nation on their win at Genesis 1.0...

nbbPBR3.jpgu6bTvTN.jpg

Suddenly The Uprising's music hits and Talia Quinzel comes out carrying a mic accompanied by her partner Selina Svelte. "Hey boys, sorry for interrupting your 'respect party' or whatever this is, but we wanted to put the champs on notice that the best tag team in the world are here for those titles! Not just the best female tag team, but the best tag team in the world, period! So when you're done 'respecting' each other, give us a shout so we can take those titles off your hands!" With that, The Uprising leave the stage and leave five perplexed men looking at each other.

~~~

zdYrim4.jpgvsoLvClEp.jpg

Marvel Malloy vs Deadly Deadshot

Deadly Deadshot makes his entrance with his Coastal Zone Xtreme title belt slung over his shoulder, and does his finger guns pose at the camera from the center of the ring. Marvel Malloy, accompanied as usual by Britney Hollywood, makes his entrance and plays to the cameras. Flips on his way down the ramp, parkour into the ring, and finally poses for Hollywood in the center.

The match begins and tells the story of a laser-focused competitor versus someone who wanted to be talked about long after the match was over. Deadshot is able to ground Malloy for much of the match, still Malloy never seems to give up on hitting spectacular moves and one of those landing is all it takes for Malloy to take control and soon win with a Marvel Breaker. Winner: Marvel Malloy

~~~

zdYrim4.jpgjSAuiE9.jpgi74dHP5.jpgo3MYojY.jpg4Kmfzgn.jpg

Storm Spillane comes out after the match to celebrate with his partner, and Britney Hollywood grabs a mic to hype up the American Cobras and run down Spillane’s opponent later tonight. "Listen, never-was... The American Cobras are the most dominant duo in Coastal Zone history, and they're just getting started! One of the Cobras is taking home the Coastal Zone Championship soon, and the good news for all you little people is you can get a taste by living vicariously through us when you take part in our new venture. We are launching an exclusive on-line multimedia..."

Britney trails off when Going Coastal's music hits, and she waits angrily for Frankie-Boy Fernandes and California Love Machine to say what they have to say. After he plays to the crowd, CLM picks up a mic and tells Hollywood that no one cares about any of that, all they care about was seeing Fernandes tear the house down later tonight against Spillane. "We've all had our battles, so you know what Frankie-Boy can do... which means you also know you're never really ready for him once the bell rings. Once the adrenaline hits... well I don't have to tell you Storm. You already know. Win or lose, Frankie-Boy is going to bring it, and Storm I just don't think you're going to make it out of there the same man! If you make it out at all."

~~~

ZdU5K7d.jpgrFxS91e.jpgx3UZCbG.jpgvs0hkNpM9.jpgzz44Dqz.jpgqxSoWwf.jpg

Masked Cougar / El Jaguar / Tigre Salvaje Jr vs Hugh de Aske / JOJI / Paradox

Coastal Zone Trios titles

Hugh de Aske, JOJI, and Paradox all enter the stage together, but it's also there that the show of unity is immediately in peril as JOJI nearly knocks over a swaggering de Aske as he runs to the ring to attack turnbuckles. de Aske has a dark look on his face as he follows JOJI, while Paradox seemed to be ignoring everything going on around him in favor of the conversation he was having with himself. Masked Cougar, El Jaguar, and Tigre Salvaje Jr soon rush out from the back to attack their opponents and de Aske, at least, seems ready for them... by beating a hasty retreat to the other side of the ring. Jaguar and Tigre soon surround Paradox, still obliviously talking to himself, and attack simultaneously. Somehow Paradox is able to dodge everything The Wild Cats try to throw at him and still appears to be having a conversation with himself. In the ring, JOJI is running the ropes but sees Masked Cougar stalking him so he does what any sane Wild Man would do and launches himself over the top rope onto Cougar. Apparently having had enough of not hitting Paradox, Jaguar and Tigre go after JOJI instead, leaving Paradox sitting on the ramp talking to himself. They double-team JOJI, and when he's down they take the time to check on Cougar, who angrily gets up while they try to help. He pushes them off, then grabs JOJI and rolls him into the ring.

Masked Cougar gets in the ref's face and forces him to start the match, then hits a Cougar Pounce on JOJI and goes for the pin but de Aske is there to break it up. Apparently the ring bell brought Paradox back from wherever he was and he soon joins de Aske at their corner. As the match progresses, Tigre Salvaje Jr attempts a move but soon falls to the mat while clutching his leg. The ref checks on him and throws up the "X" indicating a serious injury. The match continues though as Tigre is helped to the back by CZCW staff, and Masked Cougar is soon able to pin Paradox after a Cougar pounce. Winners: The Pride

~~~

ZdU5K7d.jpgrFxS91e.jpg0ZiTd1S.jpg7xfM5ht.jpgXALhUV9.jpgr5C9w2F.jpg

Masked Cougar stays in the ring after the match and asks for a mic. He addresses Frankie Perez directly, saying it must be fate that Perez is handing out open challenges and Cougar wanted a match one-on-one for the Coastal Zone Championship. He argues that the three-way match at Genesis 1.0 shouldn't count as his true shot at the title. Shoot Club's music interrupts Cougar and the group comes out to the stage. Al Coleman has a mic and says that he'd be the champ right now if it wasn't for Cougar's involvement, so he wanted to get some payback by having Shoot Club take the Coastal Zone Trios titles! "So while you might have a point about getting a one-on-one match for the Coastal Zone Championship, you're missing the fact that you aren't going to make it to that match, or any other, until I'm done with you!" With that, Coleman nods and Shoot Club rushes the ring to fight Cougar and El Jaguar, soon beating down the Trios champs due to their numbers advantage.

~~~

jSAuiE9.jpgvs4Kmfzgn.jpg

Storm Spillane vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes

Going Coastal's music hits and Frankie-Boy Fernandes makes his entrance accompanied by California Love Machine. CLM plays to the crowd as Fernandes makes his way down the ramp, seemingly focused completely on the ring. Next out are The American Cobras with Britney Hollywood, Malloy and Hollywood both carry phones that they point at Storm Spillane as he does his strut down the ramp and poses in the ring.

The match begins and there is no feeling out process for these old foes, Spillane immediately closes in on Fernandes and uses his mat skills to keep him on the ground, peppering him with stiff strikes whenever the opportunity presents. Fernandes has a few technical tricks of his own, however, making the exchanges less one sided than Spillane would prefer, and eventually Fernandes is able to create enough space to start working his aerial offense. Spillane is able to keep up much of the time, but Fernandes seems to feed off the thrill and grow bolder. Perhaps out of desperation, Spillane manages to throw Fernandes out of the ring to where Malloy is waiting. Perhaps expecting something like this, CLM arrives on the scene before Malloy can do anything to Fernandes, allowing Frankie-Boy to re-enter the ring on his own terms. As the match continues, Spillane's excellent fundamentals continually get stymied by Fernandes' need for speed, and with CLM neutralising Malloy it seems like Frankie-Boy's match to lose. Sure enough, Fernandes hits the Dirt Nap on Spillane for the win. Winner: Frankie-Boy Fernandes

~~~

Overall: 59

Saturday, Week 3, March 2020 - For immediate release:

- Tigre Salvaje Jr suffered a torn ACL during his match at Fighting Spirit III. Originally supposed to be out for a year, the recovery time has been halved to 6 months after successful surgery. Neither COTT or CZCW has commented yet about one of the Trios champs being out for so long, but we expect a resolution one way or the other by CZCW Uprising 2020 less than a week away.

- Tony DeWonderful, recently a part of Shoot Club, shattered his knee in a dark match at Fighting Spirit III. Unfortunately, in a huge blow for the young wrestler, complications arose during surgery and DeWonderful is expected to be out of action for around 16 months. Al Coleman is said to be on the hunt for a suitable replacement for his training camp.

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Uprising 2020

~~~

Frankie Perez vs Masked Cougar

Coastal Zone Championship

Apparently having been swayed by Masked Cougar's claim for a one-on-one match for the Coastal Zone Championship, 'Buzzsaw' Frankie Perez will take on the leader of The Pride with the title on the line. Cougar is looking for his fourth reign with the title, while the Buzzsaw is just 6 weeks shy of one full year as champ.

~~~

Marvel Malloy vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes vs Frantic Ali vs Babau

Reach 4 The Gold: 4-way Ladder Match for a shot at the Coastal Zone Championship

Almost mirror images of each other, Malloy and Fernandes have one-uping each other in the Coastal Zone for years as their respective tag teams battled over tag division supremacy. Now, they are joined by the dynamic Frantic Ali and the bizarre Babau, neither strangers to holding titles, in this 4-way ladder match intended to showcase the best of the best on their quest for a shot at the Coastal Zone Championship.

~~~

Deadly Deadshot vs Kid Fantastic

Coastal Zone Xtreme

Always contested under no-DQ rules, the Coastal Zone Xtreme title is up for grabs as the cocky Kid Fantastic gets a chance to back up his words in the ring against the calculating Deadly Deadshot.

~~~

Hardcore Rules for the Coastal Zone Tag Team titles

Carlos Barrera and Miguel 'Bullet' Rivera have been fighting champs, albeit on their own terms, since last July. Bullseye and Waylon Walls have been taking it to the champs and show no signs of slowing down. With each team having a recent win over the other, this third match may be the final battle in this war for respect.

~~~

Connor Threepwood / Ellie de Grazia / Eureka LaBelle vs Jonnie Perez / Pinky Perez / Teresa Perez

Frankie Perez' open challenge on behalf of his family has been met by Al Coleman's number two in Shoot Club, the gifted technician Connor Threepwood. Joining him will be the 'Queen of the Suplex' Ellie de Grazia and the speedy Eureka LaBelle in this proxy battle in the war between two of the Coastal Zone's biggest stars.

~~~

JOJI vs Hugh de Aske

Attend me, oh gentlemen and gentlewomen and gentlenonbinaries, for 'The Dread Pirate' Hugh de Aske, Terror of the Seven Seas, Survivor of Davey Jones' Locker, Master of the Commander, etc. cordially invites you to an in-ring tete-a-tete between the aforementioned Scourge of the Coastal Zone and JOJI, an apparent 'Wild Man,' this coming Friday aboard the goode ship CZCW Uprising 2020.

~~~

Plus: American Flash took to social media to claim it wasn't him attacking Pablo Rodriguez with Matt Sparrow at Fighting Spirit III, and has asked for time at Uprising to plead his case in front of the world.

Also: An injury suffered by Tigre Salvaje Jr at Fighting Spirit III will leave him out of action for an extended amount of time, throwing the immediate future of both the COTT Trios and CZCW Trios titles into uncertain territory. A representative of CZCW is scheduled to shed some light on the situation.

~~~

This Friday, Week 4, March 2020 at The Snake Pit!

Available on WrestleWorld On-Demand

~~~

FYI to those it may concern; I'm all caught up on the shows I had booked in advance of starting this dynasty

Shoot Club vs La Familia

JOJI vs Hugh de Aske

Frankie Perez vs Masked Cougar (Cougar is great, but the build isn’t there for him to beat Frankie.)

Marvel Malloy vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes vs Frantic Ali vs Babau (Marvel and Babau are good workers, but they’re both tag team guys imo. Also, I don’t like the faux-influencer shtick you’ve got the Cobras doing; that gimmick has worked precisely once ever, and it was Tyler Breeze. Frankie-Boy is a good prospect, but I don’t think it’s his time yet. He needs a definitive singles feud before he’s ready for a high-profile singles match like this. Meanwhile, Frantic Ali is in the upper tier of overness, has a distinct style from most of the roster, and you could lean into the ‘Weat Coast Wars’ tension between IPW and CZCW by having him face Frankie Perez.)

Deadly Deadshot vs Kid Fantastic (Again, Kid is a good pick for the future of the company, but right now DD is more well-rounded.)

Notorious vs Gangster Nation (This rivalry could be an evergreen story for you. Gangster Nation needs a big win to mark themselves as a major act in the tag team ranks.)

Shoot Club vs La Familia (Coleman’s underlings need a strong showing against some wrestlers that are roughly on the same level to show that his training works.)

JOJI vs Hugh de Aske (Both of these men could use a win after the setbacks they’ve encountered the past few weeks. Right now I think JOJI’s wild ways cost him the first match, but he may even the score later.)

Thanks, as always, for your predictions and comments. It's definitely disappointing to hear you aren't enjoying something I'm enjoying writing, specifically my version of the Cobras, but I really do appreciate you bringing it up!

If I could springboard into something I'd like to say to everyone reading the thread: As a relatively new dynasty writer my main goals were to have an outlet for creative expression and to have fun with it. I'm really not sure why I decided to post publicly here on the forums but I'm glad I did because I found out I enjoy entertaining others. Since I don't have gates, or merch sales, or ppv numbers to give me any feedback on how I'm doing at that it's really engagement by readers that is the lifeblood of the thread, even if it's something I don't like hearing.

So we come to the point - saying you like or dislike something not only keeps me going but can definitely influence what I'm doing here because without you I wouldn't be doing it. Predictions, comments, DMing me to tell me I suck, I hope every reader realizes that they can have a voice in this dynasty if they choose, at any level they're comfortable with. [/sHOOT]

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Uprising

Friday, Week 4, March 2020

Attendance: 1379 in Reno, NV

24,961 viewers on WrestleWorld

~~~

nkqkrp4.jpg

The show starts with The Guru standing in the ring with a mic, next to two CZCW security personnel. He says that there's important business to handle before the show can properly start, namely the future of the Trios titles, and he's been given instructions by both CZCW and the COTT regarding the matter. "First, the Confederation of the Territories would like to thank their inaugural COTT Trios champions for their contributions, but also point out that it is policy to vacate titles that can't be defended once a suitable match for new champions can be determined..."

ZdU5K7d.jpgrFxS91e.jpgwTkKugT.jpg

The Pride's music hits and Masked Cougar and El Jaguar come out to the stage with their Trios titles and a mic. Masked Cougar continues to interrupt by laughing into the mic. "So let's hear it, huh? Let's hear how you plan on taking these belts from us... actually, I have a better idea. Let's see you go back to your masters and tell them that not only are we keeping these titles, we've got a plan to keep defending them! What happened to Tigre Salvaje Jr was tragic, but not the end of the road for us, not by a long shot! Our little group has new blood! At this time... I would like to introduce Tigre's replacement as Trios champion... but I'm sure you all already know him... Silver Tiger!" With that, the OLLIE star makes his debut in the Coastal Zone, carrying one-third of the COTT Trios and CZCW Trios belts, and he goes to join Masked Cougar and El Jaguar in defiantly standing at the top of the ramp. All three start slowly moving towards the ring in unison.

The Guru, pausing for several moments as he nervously watches The Pride approach, continues: "On a personal level I'd like to welcome Silver Tiger to the Coastal Zone, and I for one certainly have no problem with your plan, but I'm not authorized to do anything except repeat the information I've been given. On that note, I'd like to turn to relaying CZCW's position on the matter." The Guru speaks faster the closer The Pride get to the ring, until he's barely intelligible. "Similarly to the COTT, CZCW would like to thank the first Trios... champs..." The Guru stops as The Pride enter the ring and go to stand in front of him, and he backs up a bit to allow the two security guards to stand between him and Masked Cougar. El Jaguar and Silver Tiger attack in unison, dropping the security guards to the mat and allowing Masked Cougar to get uncomfortably close to The Guru. "A tournament! There's going to be a trios tournament! Fifteen teams drawn from all across the COTT and from around the world and The Pride is invited! In fact, there's only fifteen because you have a first round bye! There's a Cup!" The Guru suddenly stops as Masked Cougar grabs him by the shirt and pulls him in until they are nearly touching noses... slowly a smile spreads across Cougar's face and he releases a grateful Guru to scramble out of the ring.

~~~

zz44Dqz.jpgvs0hkNpM9.jpg

JOJI vs Hugh de Aske

JOJI's music hits and the 'Wild Man' of the west coast himself comes running out to the stage, down the ramp, and into the ring. As JOJI runs the ropes, Hugh de Aske suddenly appears from the crowd and slides into the ring behind him, catching JOJI up on his shoulders on the rebound and hitting a Cut Throat Driver. de Aske forces the ref to start the match and immediately goes for a cover on JOJI, but JOJI manages to kick out due to sheer instinct! Open disbelief on his face, de Aske lifts JOJI up into another Cut Throat Driver but JOJI is able to counter and escape. de Aske continues to press his early advantage, however, and retains control of the match thanks to his sneak attack as well as periodic cheating whenever possible. Eventually, JOJI is unable to counter the Cut Throat Driver and de Aske gets the pin. Winner: Hugh de Aske

~~~

2G9YX0v.jpg

The Guru is standing backstage with American Flash, and tells him that this is the time he requested and the floor is his. Flash grabs the mic and takes a few moments. "I thought a lot about what I should say tonight, and figured the answer was in front of me the whole time. Just start by telling the truth, that I sat at home alone recovering from a couple of chair shots and watching an event I should have been wrestling on when suddenly I saw myself beating up Pablo Rodriguez. At first, I thought I was dreaming because to be honest again I had been daydreaming about taking it to Rodriguez in the ring... but not like that. Never like that. Pablo, I know you have no reason to believe me, but I will say it straight to you. I did not attack you at Fighting Spirit III. I still plan on kicking your ass one day but when I do it'll be in a match, preferably for the COTT World Heavyweight title. But that can wait. What can't wait is Aldous Blackfriar and... Matt. Honest moment again, I've gone back and forth about it. Hours on the road, hours in the gym, hours... just hanging out. Does all the time we spent together over the years mean anything to you? I'm not sure what's gotten into your head and how exactly Blackfriar is involved and honestly, I might be too angry and too sad to care. Matt, one thing I think I understand about all this is that it's all leading to one place: me beating the hell out of you and then beating the hell out of Aldous Blackfriar so let's skip all the rest and get right to it. Anytime, anywhere, any match, Matt. You know my number."

~~~

pdIPcPu.jpgAo0f5aM.jpgj2f87BV.jpgvs7xfM5ht.jpgr5C9w2F.jpgXALhUV9.jpg

Jonnie Perez / Pinky Perez / Teresa Perez vs Connor Threepwood / Ellie de Grazia / Eureka LaBelle

Shoot Club makes their entrance accompanied by their coach Al Coleman, who is carrying a clipboard, and they look like a unified front with their similar Shoot Club-branded, MMA-inspired gear. They warm up in the ring as La Familia Perez makes their entrance accompanied by cousin Shooting Star Perez, and all four are fired up! They pose for the fans, and the match begins with Teresa Perez and Connor Threepwood. Both excellent technicians, an exchange of holds and counter holds follows until Threepwood is able to gain an advantage by cheating. As he tries to apply the Stretch Plum for an early submission, Teresa is able to counter and tag in Jonnie. Threepwood considers for a moment, then tags in the muscular Ellie de Grazia, and Jonnie soon finds out why she's called the 'Queen of the Suplex' as she starts ragdolling him and throwing him to the mat at will. After a particularly beautiful, but punishing, German Suplex, Jonnie somehow lands near enough to his corner for Pinky to tag herself in. As Pinky approaches de Grazia, the latter tags in the smallest member of Shoot Club, Eureka LaBelle. Pinky circles with LaBelle, and launches into several flashy moves that give her team a clear advantage for the first time in the match. LaBelle looks outclassed by Pinky, and needs to be rescued from a pin attempt by Al Coleman himself jumping up on the apron to distract the ref. Pinky has done her job well, however, and LaBelle is still ready to be picked off, when suddenly Jonnie demands to be tagged in. Pinky shrugs, then tags him in, and instead of going for a pin Jonnie takes to the top rope and tries to frog splash LaBelle, but LaBelle moves at the last second and tags in de Grazia. Again, Jonnie is ragdolled, and finally submits to Threepwood's Stretch Plum as the rest of Shoot Club swarms Pinky and Teresa. Winners: Shoot Club

~~~

0ZiTd1S.jpg

Al Coleman has a mic in his hand as he enters the ring to congratulate Connor and Ellie, clear disapproval on his face when he looks at Eureka, and after a moment he begins to speak. "What strange times we live in. Frankie Perez still walks this earth on two good ankles as he faces a giant kitty for my Coastal Zone Championship. Meanwhile, Shoot Club gets even further from the recognition we deserve as a shot at the Trios champs is snatched from us in the form of some kind of tournament? And Tony, poor Tony... but I digress. Shoot Club isn't about worrying over things we can't control; Shoot Club is about making the most with what we can control. And since I control Shoot Club, I'm officially opening up tryouts to join the premiere training camp in combat arts today; striking specialists preferred, but other skill sets considered pending future personnel evaluations..." Al Coleman gives a look to Eureka LaBelle as he says the last bit, and a dejected looking LaBelle follows the rest of Shoot Club to the back.

~~~

axQnmTw.jpgYcw9KFj.jpgvsaReFygC.jpgerWQ42U.jpg

Coastal Zone Tag Team titles - Hardcore rules

Bullseye and Waylon Walls make their entrance, each carrying a trash can full of weapons, and look ready for violence! Fro Sure comes out to hype up the champs, and before he can finish the champs come running out and hit the ring. As in their last match, Notorious and Gangster Nation have a staredown in the center of the ring, no words need be exchanged between these bitter rivals, and they separate to their respective corners at the ref's command. Once the bell rings, however, both teams clash together in a wild brawl that spills out all over the venue. There seems to be no give on either side, despite the punishment being dealt out, until finally Waylon Walls is put away with a Drop Off through a table and pinned by Barrera. Winners: Notorious

~~~

nKYzuYZ.jpgaxQnmTw.jpgYcw9KFj.jpgaReFygC.jpgerWQ42U.jpgu6bTvTN.jpgnbbPBR3.jpg

Notorious are celebrating when The Uprising's music hits and Talia Quinzel comes out to the stage carrying a mic along with her partner Selina Svelte. They head towards the ring as Quinzel speaks. "You boys didn't forget us did you? Sorry to ruin your moment, but Uprising is our show and we thought we should remind everyone that we're the best tag team in the world, and we're here to prove it!" The Uprising enter the ring to get in Notorious' faces, and as they step through the ropes Barrera and Rivera attack, soon enough Bullseye and Waylon Walls join in! As Notorious and Gangster Nation work together, Barrera grabs a mic and says "You come to our turf and act like you're here for a fight, so get up and fight! Fight damn you!" But the numbers are too much and The Uprising are beat down until CZCW officials intervene to separate everyone.

~~~

oLvClEp.jpgvsSiGkLIn.jpg

Coastal Zone Xtreme title - No DQs

"You know who I am! You know what I do!" Kid Fantastic makes his entrance and immediately starts yelling at the crowd about how great he is as he makes his way to the ring. He does a twist flip over the top rope and sticks the landing in a pose, then starts telling the ref how great he is at ring entrances. Deadly Deadshot makes his entrance and is laser-focused on the ring, never taking his eyes off his opponent even as he does his finger guns pose.

BczDdKa.jpg

As Deadshot is posing, Remmy Skye comes out to the stage, apparently wanting to watch the match. Kid Fantastic notices Remmy and starts yelling out that Remmy should get a close look at what's about to happen. The match starts and Kid Fantastic immediately kicks it into high gear, leading to an near-fall before anyone seems to realize what's happening, but Deadshot kicks out at one and rolls out of the ring to regroup. Kid Fantastic follows him by flinging himself over the top rope into a twisting body block and nailing Deadshot on the outside. Kid Fantastic pops up and yells out to Remmy that he might learn a thing or two, but he spends too much time taunting Remmy, giving Deadshot time to recover. Unnoticed by Kid Fantastic, Deadshot looks to be grabbing something from under the ring, and we find out it's a chair as Kid Fantastic turns his attention back to the match and Deadshot jabs the chair into his midsection. This proves to be the turning point as Deadshot is able to shortly clinically dismantle Kid Fantastic and hit the Dead Drop for the pin as Remmy Skye slowly applauds. Winner: Deadly Deadshot

~~~

83wHUNt.jpg

Pablo Rodriguez comes out to the stage with no music, then heads down the ramp to pose with his title in the ring. He's carrying a mic and begins to speak. "I'm sorry to anyone who's time I'm taking but you should understand that I can't seem to get a word out lately without being interrupted. It's time for me to be heard. I listened to everything American Flash had to say earlier, and considered it carefully... and decided it doesn't matter if it was him. I've been in this business a long time and I'm used to having a target on my back, so come after me if you dare, American Flash or not. I will tell you this Flash: you need to get in the back of the line, not only for another shot at this title but a for shot at Blackfriar. You can have Matt Sparrow first if you insist, but only because I want to focus all my attention on our friend Aldous. Like I said, I've been in this business a long time and I haven't gotten this far without trusting my instincts and they tell me that Blackfriar needs to be put down, before the corruption spreads further... I'm not sure why fate has put me in the right place at the right time to do just that but I have to trust that I still have what it takes to exorcise this evil. So, Blackfriar, one thing I agree with American Flash on is this: it's obvious this ends in one way only. Face me, in the ring, and let's see how strong your inner demons really are!"

~~~

zdYrim4.jpgvs4Kmfzgn.jpgvsTSTnDHV.jpgvsNnmskY4.jpg

Reach 4 The Gold - Ladder match

The lights go out for several moments, and when they come back up The Night Terrors are twitching in the ring. Babau silently takes his place at his corner while Moroi goes to stand outside, both of them periodically letting out a twitch but otherwise seemingly completely focused on the entrance to the stage. Next out is Frantic Ali, looking intense and ready for a fight, he grabs a ladder on his way down the ramp and throws it into the ring. Babau noticeably doesn't react in any way other than to let out another twitch. Ali ignores Babau in turn while he poses on the middle rope. Going Coastal's music hits and Frankie-boy Fernandes comes out with California Love Machine, CLM doing his best as usual to hype up the crowd while Fernandes makes his way to the ring. Finally, the lights go out once again but are soon replaced by a light show as The American Cobras make their entrance with Britney Hollywood streaming from her phone. They're carrying their own ladder that is covered in golden glitter and has 'Marvel Malloy - Reach 4 the Gold Winner' imprinted many times on it. They set up the ladder in the ring, and climb it to do their poses for Britney standing on the mat below.

The match begins and Frantic Ali makes an immediate impression, using brutal strikes and the occasional throw or rana to control the center underneath the golden ring hanging high in the rafters. The other three competitors soon figure out that they need to work together to neutralize Ali, leading to a successful three-on-one that leaves Ali on the outside in need of some recovery time. Fernandes, Malloy, and Babau launch into a dazzling display of three-way chain wrestling in the ring with the occasional flashy move thrown in for good measure, while on the outside Carl Batch comes out to the ring accompanied by GSW star Cali Slick!

TSTnDHV.jpgxahs4bP.jpg

Ali finally notices Batch and Slick, and goes to confront them, leading Batch to hide behind Cali Slick and egg the confrontation on. Cali Slick violently shrugs Batch off of his arm, then pushes his sunglasses down with one finger to take a look at Ali. Apparently having had enough of a look, he pushes his sunglasses back into place, nods a few times with a smirk, and starts heading to the back. Confused, Carl Batch quickly follows after him once he realizes nothing is between him and Ali. Back in the ring, Frankie-Boy has felt the need for speed and Malloy has felt the call of fame leading both back to their old game of one-upsmanship as they both pull out all the flashy stops in an attempt to grab the golden ring. As they square off, CLM and Spillane are pulled into the fight and The American Cobras once again war with Going Coastal. Babau senses his opportunity and starts scrambling up the ladder only to be caught by Frantic Ali, who picks Babau up in a Death Valley Driver to the mat from halfway up the ladder. Moroi rushes the ring only to meet a Death Valley Driver of his own, and soon The American Cobras and Going Coastal pause their match-within-a-match in order to deal with Ali as Britney Hollywood is able to give out the warning. CLM, Spillane, Malloy, and Fernandes is the order that hits the ring, the order that gets lifted up into a Death Valley Driver and dropped to the mat, and perhaps the order of who receives medical attention after the match. Bodies scattered around the ladder, Ali is clear to start climbing and grab the golden ring. Winner: Frantic Ali

~~~

6bEiMeC.jpgZdU5K7d.jpg

A video package rolls to hype the main event between Masked Cougar and the 'Buzzsaw' Frankie Perez. Both well decorated veterans of the Coastal Zone, Masked Cougar looks to add to those accolades with his fourth reign while the Buzzsaw approaches a record-breaking second run with the title as he nears the one year mark. Perhaps poetically, it's Perez' former tag partner Mikey James who currently holds the record of 365 days. Cougar and Perez are both portrayed as skilled competitors with the drive to win.

~~~

6bEiMeC.jpgvsZdU5K7d.jpg

Coastal Zone Championship

Masked Cougar makes his entrance with El Jaguar and Silver Tiger, all three wearing both sets of Trios belts, and they pose on the stage. Surprisingly, Cougar tells Jaguar and Tiger to head to the back before he makes his way down the ramp to the ring. Frankie Perez comes out for his entrance with the Coastal Zone Championship around his waist, and heads to the ring to pose for the fans. As the match starts, it's clear these two are very familiar with each other as it's almost as if they're picking up where their last match left off. Still, it's been a while since they last faced each other and apparently old cats can learn new tricks because Cougar soon aggressively takes control of the match with an eye rake, then putting on an aerial clinic that keeps Perez off-balance and unable to mount a sustained offense in answer. One opening is all it takes, though, and Perez is soon able to turn the tide with his stiff strikes and chain wrestling. Still showing a new mean streak, Cougar goes after Perez' eyes with his fingers again, earning a warning from the ref as well as control of the match. Cougar starts sensing the kill and goes for pin attempts, earning some near-falls before Frankie is able to mount a comeback. Fighting like a man possessed, Frankie surprises Cougar with strikes that he has no answer for until Cougar bails to the outside of the ring to escape, leading to another surprise as Frankie flies through the middle ropes into Cougar.

From there, Perez starts racking up his own near-falls as Masked Cougar receives punishing strikes and holds, but Cougar's legendary resilience keeps him in the fight far longer than most. Eventually, Frankie goes for the P-Clutch but Cougar has it scouted and is able to reverse it on Frankie, but Frankie is able to continue the reversal into a Perfect Parity for the pin. Winner: Frankie Perez

~~~

Overall: 65

~~~

jxurEmJ.jpgxahs4bP.jpg

Carl Batch waited until he was far enough from the crowd to hear an answer before asking Cali Slick "What the hell just happened?"

Cali Slick kept walking backstage as he said "You didn't say anything about there being a title shot on the line in his match."

"What difference does that make?"

"You didn't pay me enough to mess with a working man's title shot opportunity."

"A working man's title shot...? What about me? I'm a working man! I worked hard for that money I paid you to split Ali's skull!"

Slick stops in his tracks as the crowd roars, leading to Batch almost running into him, and pushes his sunglasses down to look at Carl. "I never said I was going anywhere. Consider it a down payment. So is this..." Slick grabs one of Batch's cigars from his jacket's front pocket, and runs it under his nose, then puts it right back where he found it. "You owe me a good cigar. In the meantime though... where is catering?" Slick pushes his sunglasses back into place and continues his trek around the backstage area with an angry-looking Carl Batch silently following.

~~~

Tuesday, Week 1, April - The Confederation of the Territories has officially vacated the COTT Trios titles and is expected to soon announce the participants in the match to crown new champions. The COTT would like to thank their inaugural trios champions Masked Cougar, El Jaguar, and Tigre Salvaje Jr for their contributions to the sport of pro wrestling, and further wish Tigre Salvaje Jr a speedy recovery and return to the ring. The former champs are assured that every effort possible will be made to accommodate them in a match for the titles at a future date.

In related trios news, CZCW has issued a statement saying that Silver Tiger will be allowed to replace Tigre Salvaje Jr as one third of the Coastal Zone Trios champs on the condition that The Pride accepts their spot in the yet-unamed CZCW Trios Tournament, and further that they defend their titles in every tournament match they participate in. CZCW has offered The Pride the number one seed in the tournament as well as a first-round bye, meaning they automatically advance to Round 2. Should they accept, a new Trios title reign will be acknowledged by CZCW for the purposes of record keeping.

CZCW also revealed that their trios tournament has already generated commitments from several promotions to field teams. Already on board are MAW, QAW, and IPW from the USA, OLLIE from Mexico, and WLW from Japan. The tournament will be held under single elimination rules with seeded brackets, and is expected to be held throughout the summer but due to the complexity of holding such a large tournament CZCW declined to say when they expect the final match to be held.

~~~

CZCW Presents:

Spring Break Bash '20

~~~

Welcome To The Coastal Zone is just a month away, but we can worry about that next week because spring is here, school is out, and the waves are gnarly so hit the beach with CZCW as the Coastal Zone blows off some steam before the biggest event of the year!

~~~

Masked Cougar vs Frantic Ali

After his loss to Frankie Perez at Uprising, Masked Cougar has pointed out that he has more than nine lives and that he has what it takes to beat the new #1 contender and take his spot. Ali, never willing to back down from a challenge, readily agreed to have this match where the main event of the biggest event of the year is on the line!

~~~

American Flash / Pablo Rodriguez vs The American Cobras

Neither Aldous Blackfriar or Matt Sparrow have responded to their respective challengers leading to this experiment to find out if American Flash and Pablo Rodriguez can co-exist in the ring. Flash has said he has something to prove to Rodriguez, while Rodriguez notes he'd rather have Flash at his side than behind his back. Britney Hollywood has accepted this match on behalf of the Cobras, saying that Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane will gladly take this 'free win' over the legendary 'Pancho Rodrigo'. And 'the other guy' too.

~~~

Deadly Deadshot vs Pinky Perez vs LA Star #2

Coastal Zone Xtreme title: No DQ's

Two of the Coastal Zone's best high flyers have impressed enough in recent matches to be given a shot at the Coastal Zone Xtreme title against the calculating Deadly Deadshot.

~~~

Notorious vs ???

Open Challenge for the Coastal Zone Tag Team titles: Hardcore rules

Carlos Barrera and Miguel 'Bullet' Rivera have brought back their open challenge, where any team in the world can step up to Notorious on their own turf and take the tag titles, if they can.

~~~

Connor Threepwood vs Simon Waves

Shoot Club tryout

Surprising many, Simon Waves is the first to step up to meet the challenge of joining Al Coleman's Shoot Club and has received this tryout with Coleman's number 2, the gifted technician Connor Threepwood. Waves will have just 5 minutes to impress Coach Coleman enough to earn a spot in his training camp.

~~~

Flash Savage / Ozzie Goldstein / Raphael vs Mr Lucha III / Electric Dreamer / Extraordinario Jr vs The Tic / Little Dragon / Katoh Freak

3 vs 3 vs 3 - Single Elimination Rules

Although the final brackets are still being worked out, the road to trios tournament glory officially begins in this match between three teams with an international flair. A team of Canadians take on representatives from OLLIE in Mexico and WLW in Japan in order to determine their respective seeding in the tournament.

~~~

Remmy Skye / Frankie-Boy Fernandes / California Love Machine vs Acid / Babau / Moroi

It's been 15 years since the mysterious Acid last had a match on US soil, the ground-breaking veteran of DaVE and WLW finally returns to team with the bizarre Night Terrors against Remmy Skye and Going Coastal. With spots in the trios tournament rapidly filling up there's extra pressure on both teams to have a good showing.

~~~

This Saturday, Week 1, April 2020 in Long Beach, CA!

Available on WrestleWorld On-Demand

~~~

And it's vacation time! I doubt I'll work on this much over the next week fyi. Have a great Fourth if you celebrate it!

Notorious vs ???

Canadian Blondes / Raphael vs Team OLLIE vs Team WLW

Remmy Skye / Going Coastal vs Acid / The Night Terrors

Notorious vs ???

Really a nice start to this diary. I am enjoying it

Thinking Ali is going to get a push upwards

Really a good twisting story with Blackfriar. I’ve often used his character sort of like Kevin Sullivan back in his Florida days (showing my age). The Cobras get the win after a distraction or interference by Blackfriar and Sparrow

Will go with Deadshot here over Pinky and a tag team specialist

Notorious vs ???

Interested to see who is coming in this match

Application is rejected, sorry Simon