CWA Championship Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 3, February 2020

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with 7,059 fans in attendance

Opening Match

Singles Match

Fifteen Minute Time Limit

LLDuKry.jpgL47ZXIB.jpg2ildvIu.jpg

Sally Anne Christianson versus Zoe Ammis

Championship Wrestling started with a short, but competitive match in the women’s division. They didn’t have a lot of time for shine-heat-comeback, and with both women being faces anyway, they just came out and had a fast-paced wrestling match. Lots of back and forth action with each woman countering the other as they jockeyed for control and position. Zoe went for a delayed Brainbuster, but SAC was able to wrestle out of it. She went into her Niagara Fall and managed to hold Ammis’ shoulders down for the three count and victory.

In an extremely short match, Sally Anne Christianson defeated Zoe Ammis in 5:27 by pinfall with a Niagra Fall.

Match Rating

F6ShEQl.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

swMOY1Y.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgwOPQanf.jpg

Mr. Lucha III versus Derek Frost

We came out of the opening match into another short match – this one between veteran Derek Frost and OLLIE’s star luchador, Mr. Lucha III. Frost controlled most of the match, using his power to keep Lucha from settling into his offense, but Lucha was able to duck a clothesline and hit a springboard back elbow that opened up the offense and allowed Lucha to use his speed to keep Frost off balance. In the end, Lucha’s Third Strike got him the victory.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Mr. Lucha III defeated Derek Frost in 6:09 by pinfall with a Third Strike.

Match Rating

5ejWPFe.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

gReKDT7.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgbSEqgex.jpg

Mabuchi Furusawa versus Marc DuBois

We go to our third straight match to start the show. This one was a little longer and a little more of a traditional match. Marc DuBois, who is still trying to rebuild his career and show he still has something to offer a mainstream company, worked over Furusawa at the start of the match. He tried to take out Fursawa’s shoulder – since Furusawa uses the Armbar to win most matches if his arms don’t work he can’t keep the armbar locked in. Furusawa fought back and Furusawa’s offense was all hard-hitting strikes and slams that landed DuBois on his shoulders and neck and wore him down. Furusawa hit a particularly nasty Backdrop Driver that he then immediately used to lock in his Furusawa Armbar to get DuBois to submit.

In a decent match, Mabuchi Furusawa defeated Marc DuBois in 9:10 by submission with a Furusawa Armbar.

Match Rating

BEmJ3UF.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

FTUveJL.jpgGjCsfoj.jpgbUCYGpD.jpgztL0c2I.jpghGPmonv.jpg

The announcers say that we are cutting to a pre-recorded scene that is difficult to watch. Aaron Knight was giving a pre-taped promo for some CWA appearances in various Canadian markets – a local market promo, when he was interrupted by The Elite. The audio is grainy because we can see the shotgun/boom mic worker get pushed over and the microphone hit the ground. We do catch Christian Price screaming:

Christian, “You think you’re better than me? You think my loss is funny?” You think it’s funny that I’m not the World Champion?”

The Elite lay into Aaron Knight. He tries to fight back, but he’s vastly outnumbered. They grab one of the standing lights used to light the set. They smash the light over Aaron’s head.

XgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpgI2V53BU.jpg

Jack and Ricky DeColt, along with Donte Dunn coming running onto set. They are in shower shoes and look like they were getting ready for the show. All in all, the attack was short but vicious. Aaron Knight was bloodied with glas sticking out of his head. The Elite scattered away when the calvary arrived. We went back to the announce desk where the announcers explained that Aaron Knight had been taken to a local hospital to have glass pulled out of his skull and they would give an update as soon as they had one.

Angle Rating

eJm3z8G.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

rTjg3Hd.jpg

Sean McFly, the new CWA World Champion comes to the ring. He has the CWA World Title up on his shoulder – in a position of pride. He takes a microphone – something he’s not known for doing often.

McFly, “On Saturday night, I did it. I climbed the mountain here in CWA – here in pro wrestling – one more time. I proved that after twenty-eight years across four decades that I am still one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Christian Price was a hell of a champion, he put up a hell of a fight and I have nothing but respect for his ability. I don’t like the man personally, but I would be lying if I didn’t say that I wasn’t impressed with just how good of a wrestler he is – but that’s the past. I have to look forward to the future and to what it means to be World Champion. I’m going to work my ass off day in and day out to make sure that I’m the best World Champion I can possibly be and that I make each and every one of you who believe in me – who root for me – who cheer for me – proud. I won’t let you down…”

IT4L5pm.jpg

Cameron Vessey, the number one contender thanks to his win over Aaron Knight, interrupts Sean.

Cameron, “Congratulations! The old warhorse has some miles left in his legs after all. You deserve the praise you’re getting Sean. You do. I’ve watched you most of my life. You’ve been wrestling since I was four years old. I grew up on you, Sean. My dad and uncle gave me tapes of you. Man, you’ve been amazing your whole career. You were a World Champion at twenty-one years old. Your story has been amazing. But your book is the past. It needs to be put up on the shelf. The Book of Cameron is the now. It is the present. Every day we add more to it. On Saturday, I used Aaron’s blood and sweat to write a chapter and Sean… I’m going to do the same with you. I will use your legacy. Your blood. Your sweat. And I will write the chapter of my reclamation of the World Championship. You have three and a half weeks Sean. Three and a half. Enjoy it while you can.”

Angle Rating

8oQ5HVT.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

Ln8qWJm.jpgYYbgHwc.jpgxuZwatk.jpgQmRF6I6.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

2nbfmVB.jpgFxijJjR.jpg

Generation Z w/ Hailey Brooke versus The German Machine

We come to a rematch several weeks in the making. Generation Z and The German Machine. Last time they met, The German Machine won with some help from the Brothers Cain. This time, the German Machine have a little bit more popularity and a little bit more of a name so the crowd was a little more invested. The rumor mill is that Generation Z is going to be sent down to developmental to get some more experience and it showed as to why here. They’re young and talented but they’re just not ready for prime time. Ralph and Lars continue to show why they dominated the European tag team scene for the past eleven years. Lars ended up locking Flip in the Brecher Stretch to get the submission victory.

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, The German Machine defeated Generation Z in 7:35 when Lars Brecher submitted Flip Simkins with a Brecher Stretch.

Match Rating

q83BNGO.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Nu7VjV6.jpglP7r0sB.jpgwqGd4H6.jpgqY3p4iW.jpg

Nadia Snow, the new CWA Women’s Champion, comes out onto the stage flanked by the Queen’s Court. Demelza Wade is wearing the Hand of the Queen pin she debuted at Clash Classic, while Jessica Conroy and Deborah Young are dressed like the Queen’sguard – cementing that they look more like a proper duo. Snow comes to the ring with her group and takes the microphone.

Nadia, “All hail your Queen. The Queen of the North. The Women’s World Champion. Me. Nadia Snow. I did it just like I said I would. I vanquished that cretin Amber Allen and now I stand unchallenged on my throne…”

S5Djl9C.jpg

Amber Allen comes walking out. She does not look happy. She walks most of the way down the ramp but doesn’t get into the ring because of Nadia Snow’s number advantage.

Amber, “You’re right, Nadia. You did beat me on Saturday night. You and Demelza and Jessica and Deborah. It took all four of you to beat me and take the Women’s Championship. You couldn’t do it by yourself because despite what you claim, you’re not as good of a wrestler as me. You’re not a queen of anything. You’re just a pretender to the throne.”

Before Jessica can answer the insult…

S47Jjqq.jpg

Laura Flame comes out. She stands on the stage.

Laura, “Amber, you’ve had your chance. You were Women’s Champion and you lost. You don’t like how you lost? Tough. I’m so over seeing you. It’s time this women’s division got red hot. I beat Lauren Easter at Clash Classic so I should be the number one contender.”

90Yr6HL.jpg

At the mention of her name, Lauren Easter comes walking out. There are referees with her to prevent her from getting too close to Laura, to prevent any physicality. Lauren holds her hand out for a microphone and she gets one.

Lauren, “You’re really going to come out here flapping your gums about how you beat me when you were a replacement wrestler for Brooke and still needed brass knuckles to beat me. Don’t come out here bragging about nothing because you didn’t earn anything.”

It quickly devolves into a bunch of shouting back and forth between all four women as security and the referee core and agents try to regain some control over the show and the announcers hype the chaos that is consuming the women’s division.

Angle Rating

QmSY8C4.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Semi Main Event

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

ZNO80Jm.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgkLpXx4U.png

Mr. Impact versus “The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside ©

We get the World Television Title match next, a rematch from three weeks ago when Sonny Wildside defeated Mr. Impact to win the Television Championship. This match started off with Wildside taking control. He worked with some quick strikes, and a series of dropkicks that sent Mr. Impact careening to the outside of the ring. Mr. Impact did the old-school heel technique of jumping the barricade and walking out into the crowd to take a break. He came back in just before the ten count and he seized control and went to work. He focused on the knee – trying to prevent Wildside from flying. Impact was vicious with the way he attacked the knee. The way he wrenched on it and tried to pull it out of place – trying to dislocate it and make Sonny Wildside unable to walk. Wildside fought back and mounted a big comeback – but his knee gave out on an attempted springboard. Mr. Impact immediately went for the cover and got his feet up on the ropes for extra leverage and Mr. Impact was once again TV Champion.

In a good match, Mr. Impact defeated Sonny Wildside in 17:43 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Mr. Impact wins the CWA Television title.

Match Rating

QmSY8C4.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

ZNO80Jm.jpg

Mr. Impact celebrates his win, his once again being the World Television Champion. He hops around like it is a monumental achievement. He even goes to jump into the crowd before he thinks better of it and walks to the back.

Angle Rating

C8IJaIG.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Tag Team Match

TV Time Remaining

XgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

WrqOY3e.jpgbxaaSlQ.jpg

The DeColt Boys versus Johnny Bloodstone & Sean Deeley

The main event tag team match was next. With Johnny Bloodstone nearing the end of his career, the Submission Demon was given a fair amount of time in this match to show people what he could still do. He and Ricky DeColt had a particularly good exchange where they went back and forth and Bloodstone ended up getting the better of it. Deeley came in and Bloodstone and Deeley worked as two good submission-based heels. Wrestling heels as they used to be called. With Ricky bearing the brunt of the heat as has become the formula for DeColt tag matches. Ricky made the hot tag to Jack and Jack cleaned house like Jack has been known to do – including several short-arm lariats. In the end, Jack locked Johnny Bloodstone in the End of Days and got the submission victory.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The DeColt Boys defeated Johnny Bloodstone and Shooter Sean Deeley in 14:22 when Jack DeColt submitted Johnny Bloodstone with an End Of Days.

Match Rating

kvA5eEu.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Overall

eJm3z8G.jpg

Quick Results

Sally Anne Christianson def. Zoe Ammis

Mr. Lucha III def. Derek Frost

Mabuchi Furusawa def. Marc DuBois

The German Machine def. Generation Z

TV Title: Mr. Impact def. Sonny Wildside © to WIN the TV Title

The DeColt Boys def. Johnny Bloodstone & Sean Deeley

6uk3pqZ.jpg

Last night, OnDem debuted CWA's new wrestling series Royal Wrestling. Royal Wrestling will be a weekly show aired on Fridays on OnDem and will serve as a supplementary show to the flagship broadcast of Championship Wrestling.

The debut broadcast had the following results:

1. Mabuchi Furusawa def. Chucky Dorrance
  2. Sally Anne Christianson gets a promo
  3. Ariel Breaks def. Honey Badger
  4. Mr. Lucha III has a promo thanking all of the Canadian fans as he prepares to head back to Mexico.
  5. Natalie DeMarco def. Becca Barton
  6. Mr. Impact announces that starting next week on Championship Wrestling, he will be doing an Open Challenge for the World TV Title.
  7. Zoe Ammis def. Sophie Steele
  8. Diabo Duvak def. George Wolfe

8lkFrd2.jpg

I added a B show for CWA' date=' Royal Wrestling, but I'm not going to write it up. I'm trying to treat it like an AEW dark where my lower card has an opportunity to shine, mostly against either other members of the lower card or people in developmental. The goal is, of course, to get them over. I chose OnDem both for the ease of the show requirements but also as an attempt to gain some popularity in places outside of Canada to eventually get some broadcasting deals elsewhere. I will be posting the results like this, as just who beat who and who had promos so you can see who is featured. Occasionally I made add some flare if something happened on them that I feel is of note. [/quote']

nHIbF8W.jpg

PREVIEW for CWA Championship Wrestling

Wednesday, Week Four, February 2020

Wolsely Arts Building, Manitoba, Canada.

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

6HWgLl5.jpgLn8qWJm.jpgYYbgHwc.jpgxuZwatk.jpgQmRF6I6.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

iQonn3Z.jpg7P3m1aI.jpgcwg2iGh.jpg

Skip “The Flow” Beau & Generation Z w/ Hailey Brooke versus Mountie Mann & The Montreal Mafia

Just a good old fashioned six man tag. Skip Beau is looking to rebuild some momentum and he teams with the young tag team Generation Z, who are also looking to build some momentum after their loss last week. Mountie Mann and the Montreal Mafia are also trying to build some momentum and find themselves in the winners' circle, getting the winners' purse.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

MVeIXUG.jpg33sMKKh.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

2cKTFxW.jpgZHmrxQ3.jpg

The Griffin Family versus The Brothers Cain

At Clash Classic, the Griffin Family earned themselves a World Tag Team Title shot -- but that doesn't sit well with the Brothers Cain. The two big brothers are looking to stop the Griffins from getting their title shot while the Griffins are looking to get another quality win before they challenge Thunder & Lightning for the World Tag Belts.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

cxflGpQ.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgvVSAhEA.jpg

John Yates versus “Shooter” Sean Deeley

Independent wrestling sensation John Yates, formerly known as Mimic, makes his CWA debut against feared grappler Shooter Sean Deeley. Can the upstart Yates score a big victory against Deeley in his debut? Or will Deeley give Yates a very painful welcome to the national stage?

b6BvNQX.jpg

TV Title Open Challenge

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

EOUMHYy.jpg

bMNwDuo.pngL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

Mr. Impact won the Television Title back last week and he put out an open challenge to defend the World Television Title against anybody who thought they were in his league. This week, veteran Art Reed is accepting the challenge and will be in Manitoba. Can Reed -- who has wrestled all over the world -- use all of his veteran experience and knowledge to score an upset? Or will Mr. Impact find a way to keep the World TV Title?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

LLDuKry.jpg3AeqnB4.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

lP7r0sB.jpgwqGd4H6.jpg

Sally Anne Christianson & Ariel Breaks versus The Queen’s Guard

After losing on the Call to Arms, the Queen's Guard looks to rebound when they take on Sally Anne Christianson and Ariel Breaks. SAC looks to continue to build some momentum and get into the challengers' circle for the Women's Title while Ariel Breaks is still looking to build some good momentum for herself. You can be assured that Nadia Snow will be watching this match closely.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

F4wLsLn.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgNst3wYo.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus Omar Brown

David Stone has yet to suffer a loss in 2020 and he puts that undefeated streak up against veteran street fighter Omar Brown. Brown has made it clear that he's not happy with CWA and how he feels he is being held back so he's looking at making an example out of David Stone, who he feels is getting preferential treatment.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Singles Match

TV Time Remaining

kLpXx4U.pngL47ZXIB.jpg20Uzlb9.jpg

“The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside versus “The Revolution” Cameron Vessey

Sonny Wildside, the protege of Sean McFly, has the biggest match of his career when he takes on number one contender Cameron Vessey. Vessey requested this match to send a message to Sean McFly. Wildside is coming off of losing the TV Title last week and you can bet that he is going to be highly motivated to score an upset.

Quick Predictions

Skip “The Flow” Beau & Generation Z w/ Hailey Brooke vs. Mountie Mann & The Montreal Mafia

The Griffin Family vs. The Brothers Cain

John Yates vs. “Shooter” Sean Deeley

TV Title: “Pure Athlete” Art Reed vs. Mr. Impact ©

Sally Anne Christianson & Ariel Breaks vs. The Queen’s Guard

“The Natural” David Stone vs. Omar Brown

“The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside vs. “The Revolution” Cameron Vessey

Skip “The Flow” Beau & Generation Z w/ Hailey Brooke vs. Mountie Mann & The Montreal Mafia

Quick Predictions

I'm really happy with McFly title win!

Quick Predictions

nHIbF8W.jpg

Wednesday, Week Four, February 2020

Wolsely Arts Building, Manitoba, Canada. 5,000 people in attendance for a SELL OUT

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

6HWgLl5.jpgLn8qWJm.jpgYYbgHwc.jpgxuZwatk.jpgQmRF6I6.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

iQonn3Z.jpg7P3m1aI.jpgcwg2iGh.jpg

Skip “The Flow” Beau & Generation Z w/ Hailey Brooke versus Mountie Mann & The Montreal Mafia

A solid opening contest that used its eight minutes to get the TV audience into the show. Skip was given a lot of time – more time than his partners – to really show we he could do. The veteran Mountie Mann was clearly out there to help make Skip look good and rebuild some momentum for him. Generation Z took all the heat and barely got any offense in – they were there to take bumps and let the heels get the heat so Skip could make the save. Ultimately, Skip got the win after he hit Marc Raisin with the Flow Down.

In a decent match, Skip Beau and Generation Z defeated Mountie Mann and The Montreal Mafia in 8:09 when Skip Beau pinned Marc Raisin with a Flow Down.

Match Rating

ZL2OSVc.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

GjCsfoj.jpg

We cut backstage to a pretape of Christian Price.

Christian, “I’ve been told by CWA management that the behavior of The Elite last week was unacceptable. We’ve been fined and we’ve even been banned from the building for tonight’s show. We’ve been threatened with further legal action in regards to our contract if we repeat that behavior. I don’t know why everyone is so upset. This is pro wrestling and Aaron Knight was running his mouth and that’s what happens when you run your mouth. As far as I’m concerned, Aaron, you got what was coming to you and if your friends hadn’t been so quick to come to your aid we might have done everyone a favor and just put you out of pro wrestling. I’ve lost my World Championship – and that is something I can’t let slide. I’m going to get it back but first, I’m going to do everyone a favor and The Elite is going to take care of Aaron Knight. And DeColts and Donte – if you want to stick your noses in where it doesn’t belong, well maybe we’ll just get rid of you all too.”

Angle Rating

Vhw0ZtB.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

20Uzlb9.jpg

We go from the pretape to Cameron Vessey in front of a CWA backdrop.

Cameron: “Tonight, we write another chapter. As The Book of Vessey continues to grow, continues to evolve, I continue to prove that I am what pro wrestling is. I am the catalyst for change. I am the Revolution. Sean McFly is the old guard. He’s a vestige of a time gone by and I’m going to do the whole world a favor when I put him out of his misery. Tonight though, tonight I take on his protege. Sonny Wildside. Sonny, they say you have no fear. That’s fine. You don’t have to be afraid to be hurt – and I will hurt you. I have to hurt you. I have to make an example out of you. I have to send Sean a message and I’m going to use your blood to write that message. Tonight is going to be painful for you – but it will be worth it because you will get your name in The Book of Vessey and your name will be etched into the bedrock of this sport’s revolution..”

Angle Rating

jXHphBX.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

MVeIXUG.jpg33sMKKh.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

2cKTFxW.jpgZHmrxQ3.jpg

The Griffin Family versus The Brothers Cain

In a decent match, The Griffin Family defeated The Brothers Cain in 10:44 when Robby Griffin pinned Luke Cain with a Flying Fist Drop.

Match Rating

6lnADbi.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

cxflGpQ.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgvVSAhEA.jpg

John Yates versus “Shooter” Sean Deeley

In a decent match, Shooter Sean Deeley defeated John Yates in 13:26 by pinfall with a German Suplex.

Match Rating

kvA5eEu.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

TV Title Open Challenge

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

EOUMHYy.jpg

bMNwDuo.pngL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

“Pure Athlete” Art Reed versus Mr. Impact ©

In a decent match, Mr. Impact defeated Art Reed in 19:27 by pinfall with a Crying Game. Mr. Impact makes defence number one of the CWA World Television title.

Match Rating

BEmJ3UF.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

ZNO80Jm.jpg

After successfully defeating Art Reed, Mr. Impact celebrates in the ring, jaw-jacking with fans about how he is the dealer of the World Television Champion. The crowd booed and we got to see how Mr. Impact is really developing into his own.

Angle Rating

Vhw0ZtB.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

We get a simple hype video over the new World Tag Team Champions.

Angle Rating

TxZdxnq.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

LLDuKry.jpg3AeqnB4.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

lP7r0sB.jpgwqGd4H6.jpg

Sally Anne Christianson & Ariel Breaks versus The Queen’s Guard

In a poor match, Deborah Young and Jessica Conroy defeated Sally Anne Christianson and Ariel Breaks in 7:29 when Deborah Young pinned Ariel Breaks with a Sit-Out Powerbomb.

Match Rating

vF5B8kW.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

FTUveJL.jpgI2V53BU.jpgXgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpg

We go backstage to where Aaron Knight, The DeColts, and Donte Dunn are standing around the CWA banner. They are all wearing matching shirts that say “The Golden” in the same script that was common on CGC merchandise. All of them were CGC stand outs and it looks like they have united.

Aaron, “Christian… I knew you were a scumbag, but I didn’t know you would stoop as low as you did. You attack me with your goons before the show last week? You attack me when I’m promoting CWA Live events? For what? For recognizing that you’re the former World Champion? That’s why you gang upped on me, four on one? You left me laying and if it wasn’t for my friends.. My brothers in The Golden, the people carrying on the legacy of what it means to be Golden, who knows what you would have been able to do to me. But I’m telling you this, Christian. You and all your boys. Your Elite… We’re going to get even with you. You’ve initiated gang warfare and all that entails. So I hope you’re ready.”

Angle Rating

Vhw0ZtB.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

F4wLsLn.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgNst3wYo.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus Omar Brown

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, David Stone defeated Omar Brown in 9:37 by pinfall with a Stone Cutter.

Match Rating

5ejWPFe.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Singles Match

TV Time Remaining

kLpXx4U.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/L47ZXIB.jpg[/img20Uzlb9.jpg

“The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside versus “The Revolution” Cameron Vessey

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Sonny Wildside defeated Cameron Vessey in 14:09 by pinfall with a Fear Factor after a distraction from Sean McFly.

Match Rating

0yUdgRK.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

rTjg3Hd.jpg20Uzlb9.jpg

Sean McFly stands on the ramp and just smiles at Cameron Vessey in the ring. Vessey looks incredibly frustrated and annoyed at McFly for costing him the match and we go off the air with the two men staring at each other.

Angle Rating

XlfR3oE.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Overall Show Rating

Vhw0ZtB.jpg

Quick Results

Skip Beau and Generation Z defeated Mountie Mann and The Montreal Mafia

The Griffin Family defeated The Brothers Cain

Shooter Sean Deeley defeated John Yates

TV Title: Mr. Impact © defeated Art Reed to Retain

The Queensguard defeated Sally Anne Christianson and Ariel Breaks

David Stone defeated Omar Brown

Sonny Wildside defeated Cameron Vessey

6uk3pqZ.jpg

Royal Wrestling Results

1. Mabuchi Furusawa & Mr. Lucha III def Chucky Dorrance & Princeton Pryce
  2. Natalie DeMarco, Sally Anne Christianson, & Sandra Shine def. Becca Barton, Sophie Steele, & Honey Bdager
  3. Diablo Duvak & Generation Z def. Marc DuBois & The Brothers Cain

nHIbF8W.jpg

PREVIEW for CWA Championship Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 1, March 2020

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Opening Match

8nCJtHM.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgS47Jjqq.jpg

“Ice Cold” Claire Winters versus “Red Hot” Laura Flame

Championship Wrestling will start off with what could be the match of the night. Fire versus Ice. Both women are incredibly hard hitting and both want to raise their stock in the women's division even further. Laura Flame looks like she's headed for an opportunity for the World Women's Championship and Claire Winters badly wants in that conversation. With so much on the line, who is going to get the victory?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

qjOyrKG.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgAk5Ox62.jpg

Natalie DiMarco versus Nina Cacace

Natalie DiMarco and Nina Cacace have both been treading water so far in 2020 and both women would like to change that. What better way than a victory on CWA's flagship broadcast?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Eight Man Tag Team Match

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpgMVeIXUG.jpg33sMKKh.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

7P3m1aI.jpgcwg2iGh.jpg2nbfmVB.jpgFxijJjR.jpg

Thunder & Lightning and The Griffin Family versus The Montreal Mafia and The German Machine

The Griffin Family and Thunder & Lightning are headed for a match at WrestleFestival 3 for the World Tag Team Titles, but before they get there they have to team up to take on The Montreal Mafia and The German Machine. Can the Griffins and Thunder & Lightning co-exist and get the victory? Or will they falter and allow The Montreal Mafia and German Machine to get a big victory?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

F4wLsLn.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgYrJCmC6.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus “White Lightning” Jamie Atherton

David Stone continues to surge in 2020 -- he has not yet been defeated in singles competition. Will the new signing, talented wrestler Jamie Atherton put a stop to David Stone's streak in his own debut? Or will David Stone continue to be unbeaten?

b6BvNQX.jpg

TV Title Open Challenge

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

iZloxef.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

Diablo Duvak versus Mr. Impact ©

Last week, veteran Art Reed took on Mr. Impact for the World Television Championship. This week, Diablo Duvak looks to challenge for the belt. Can the daredevil Diablo Duvak get his first taste of CWA gold or will Mr. Impact continue to prove that the World Television Title is his domain?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event[

Six Man Tag Team Match

TV Time Remaining Time Limit

Johnny Bloodstone Retirement Match

rTjg3Hd.jpg8JBhWio.jpgkLpXx4U.png

L47ZXIB.jpg

20Uzlb9.jpgvVSAhEA.jpgWrqOY3e.jpg

Sean McFly, Erik Strong, and Sonny Wildside versus Cameron Vessey, Sean Deeley, and Johnny Bloodstone

Johnny Bloodstone will be stepping into a CWA ring for the last time on Championship Wrestling before he heads off into the sunset to enjoy retirement. Will he, and his teammates, be able to score a big victory? Or will World Champion Sean Mcfly -- one of Johnny Bloodstone's oldest rivals, prevent Bloodstone from getting the victory in his last match?

Quick Predictions

Claire Winters vs. Laura Flame

Natalie DiMarco vs. Nina Cacace

Thunder & Lightning and The Griffin Family vs. The Montreal Mafia & The German Machine

David Stone vs. Jamie Atherton

TV Title: Diablo Duvak vs. Mr. Impact ©

Johnny Bloodstone Retirement: Sean McFly, Erik Strong, & Sonny Wildside vs. Cameron Vessey, Sean Deely, & Johnny Bloodstone

Thunder & Lightning and The Griffin Family vs. The Montreal Mafia & The German Machine

Johnny Bloodstone Retirement: Sean McFly, Erik Strong, & Sonny Wildside vs. Cameron Vessey, Sean Deely, & Johnny Bloodstone

nHIbF8W.jpg

Wednesday, Week 1, March 2020

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 7,075 in attendance

Opening Match

8nCJtHM.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgS47Jjqq.jpg

“Ice Cold” Claire Winters versus “Red Hot” Laura Flame

This week’s Championship Wrestling started off with a very physical match between two of the most physical female wrestlers in North America. This was a big strike fest with both women really pummeling each other. They didn’t have a lot of time but they made up for it with the physical nature and the pace they cut. Claire Winters went for a big German Suplex, but Laura Flame flipped over her and landed behind her. Flame immediately went into her Flame Fire Kick and made pin to get the victory.

In a decent match, Laura Flame defeated Claire Winters in 7:47 by pinfall with a Flame Fire Kick.

Match Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

We cut from the ringside area to backstage where Amber Allen is standing by with a backstage interviewer who primes her with a question about the Women’s Championship. Amber Allen goes into her bit about how being CWA World Women’s Champion was the greatest achievement of her professional career and she looks forward to regaining her championship. She believes she’s the best women’s wrestler on the planet but she knows to be the best she’s got to be champion and that means at WrestleFestival 3 she is going to have to overcome Nadia Snow, Lauren Easter and Laura Flame to get back the richest price in the game.

Angle Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

qjOyrKG.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgAk5Ox62.jpg

Natalie DiMarco versus Nina Cacace

We come back from a commercial break with our second women’s match of the night. Natalie DiMarco and Nina Cacace are both trying to move up in the women’s division and they wrestled like it. This was a competitive match with Natalie DiMarco really shining early on. Nina Cacace’s heat was simple but effective and ultimately Nina won with her Fireman’s Carry Slam.

In a poor match, Nina Cacace defeated Natalie DiMarco in 10:26 by pinfall with a Fireman's Carry Slam.

Match Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

Nu7VjV6.jpgqY3p4iW.jpglP7r0sB.jpgwqGd4H6.jpg

We go backstage to where the World Women’s Champion, Nadia Snow, is standing with her whole Queen’s Court. Nadia goes into her spiel about how she doesn’t care who they put in the ring with her at WrestleFestival 3 – whether it’s Amber Allen or Lauren Easter or Laura Flame, they all will bend the knee to the Queen of the North.

Angle Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

Eight Man Tag Team Match

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpgMVeIXUG.jpg33sMKKh.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

7P3m1aI.jpgcwg2iGh.jpg2nbfmVB.jpgFxijJjR.jpg

Thunder & Lightning and The Griffin Family versus The Montreal Mafia and The German Machine

We went from another break into the big eight man tag match. Throughout this match, Thunder & Lighting and The Griffin Family were unable to get along – that was the story of it. The champions and the challengers just couldn’t get on the same page and ultimately it cost them when a shoving match between the two teams allowed Lars Brecher to get the Brecher Stretch locked in and get the submission.

In a decent match, The German Machine and The Montreal Mafia defeated Thunder & Lightning and The Griffin Family in 12:36 when Lars Brecher submitted Robby Griffin with a Brecher Stretch after a bad miscommunication between Robby Griffin and Lightning Lomas.

Match Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

rTjg3Hd.jpg

We go from the match to the CWA World Champion Sean McFly. McFly spends his promo hyping his match with Cameron Vessey at WrestleFestival 3. McFly has wrestled all of the best wrestlers of the past thirty years. He’s been in the ring with Immortals and legends. He knows that one day Cameron Vessey will be in that category but that day isn’t today and Sean McFly isn’t ready to ride off into the sunset.

Angle Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

GjCsfoj.jpg

We then go to former CWA World Champion, Christian Price. Price is suited and buited but he is without his stablemates in The Elite. He went into a promo hyping a match next week with Jack DeColt. Christian Price says he’s tired of the narrative that the DeColts are Canadian wrestling. He’s tired of the story being told about them. He can’t stand the DeColts. He didn’t like George. He didn’t like Alex. He doesn’t like Steve or Jack or Ricky and next week he’s going to show the whole wrestling world that when he finally puts Jack DeColt down and hopefully runs him out of pro wrestling.

Angle Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

F4wLsLn.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgYrJCmC6.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus “White Lightning” Jamie Atherton

David Stone was in action next against new CWA wrestler Jamie Atherton. Atherton has been a big deal in ACPW for the past several years – including being a three time ACPW Junior Heavyweight Champion. It was a good test for the young David Stone, who had to take on the very talented junior heavyweight in a good back and forth battle, but ultimately David Stone and his Stone Cutter got the victory.

In a decent match, David Stone defeated Jamie Atherton in 10:45 by pinfall with a Stone Cutter.

Match Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

XgNJHAh.jpg

We go backstage to Jack DeColt who had all of his trademark fire in his promo about his match next week. He said that he has spent twenty-fire years of his life proving that the DeColt name matters and that the DeColts are pro wrestling in Canada. He has bleed and sweat and paid all of the price. He has made all of the sacrifices and next week he’s going to show Christian Price what it means to be Golden.

Angle Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

We went to Cameron Vessey’s locker room where he was standing with Johnny Bloodstone and Shooter Sean. Vessey did all of the talking as he hyped up that tonight was the night that Johnny Bloodstone wrestled his last match. He said that he and Shooter Sean were going to make sure that Johnny Bloodstone got sent out and style and in the process that they humiliated Sean McFly and his rag tag group of losers..

Angle Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

TV Title Open Challenge

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rP8YqwH.jpg

iZloxef.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgZNO80Jm.jpg

Diablo Duvak versus Mr. Impact ©

Next up was the World Television Championship. Diablo Duvak and Mr. Impact really put on a good classic match. It had plenty of time with lots of back and forth action but also a good heat stretch where Mr. Impact got to show how vicious he can be. He got to show that he’s not afraid to get physical or cheat and Duvak got to show what made him such a big deal in ACPW. Ultimately, it was Mr. Impact using the ropes on a roll up to get the victory and his second defense of his second reign as TV Champion.

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Mr. Impact defeated Diablo Duvak in 18:54 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Mr. Impact makes defence number two of the CWA World Television title.

Match Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event[

Six Man Tag Team Match

TV Time Remaining Time Limit

Johnny Bloodstone Retirement Match

rTjg3Hd.jpg8JBhWio.jpgkLpXx4U.png

L47ZXIB.jpg

Sean McFly, Erik Strong, and Sonny Wildside versus Cameron Vessey, Sean Deeley, and Johnny Bloodstone

The main event was Johnny Bloodstone’s last match and the Submission Demon got a lot of shine throughout the match. Despite not being the wrestler he once was, Bloodstone had some really good exchanges with Strong and Wildside and even a good back and forth with his old rival Sean McFly. Bloodstone and McFly had several classic matches in NOTBPW that they built on here. Two veterans, two warriors of the mat and the crowd gave them all the respect in the world – but ultimately it was Cameron Vessey who got the win when he hit the Vessey Driver II on Wildside for the pinfall while Bloodstone and McFly went at it on the outside of the ring.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Cameron Vessey, Shooter Sean Deeley and Johnny Bloodstone defeated Sean McFly, Erik Strong and Sonny Wildside in 14:04 when Cameron Vessey pinned Sonny Wildside with a Vessey Driver II.

Match Rating

b6BvNQX.jpg

Overall

Quick Results

• Laura Flame defeated Claire Winters
  • Nina Cacace defeated Natalie DiMarco
  • The German Machine and The Montreal Mafia defeated Thunder & Lightning and The Griffin Family
  • David Stone defeated Jamie Atherton
  • TV Title: Mr. Impact © defeated Diablo Duvak to RETAIN
  • Cameron Vessey, Shooter Sean Deeley and Johnny Bloodstone defeated Sean McFly, Erik Strong and Sonny Wildside

nHIbF8W.jpg

Quick Predictions for Championship Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 2, March 2020

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Jack DeColt versus "The Stud" Christian Price

Singles Match

"The Man Without Fear" Sonny Wildside versus "The Triple Threat" Davis Wayne Newton

Singles Match

Jayson "The Sensation" Van Pelt versus "Shooter" Sean Deely

Eight Woman's Tag Team Match

Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Sally Anne Christianson and Claire Winters versus The Queen's Court

Singles Match

John Yates versus "Big Bad" George Wolfe

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Golden versus Chucky Dorrance, Princeton Pryce, and Jamie Atherton

Opening Match

Singles Match

Mabuchi Furusawa versus Omar Brown

Special Note: Mr. Impact sustained a minor injury and will not be defending the World's Television Title on this episode because he is not medical cleared but will be cleared before thirty days.

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

"The Man Without Fear" Sonny Wildside versus "The Triple Threat" Davis Wayne Newton

Singles Match

Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Sally Anne Christianson and Claire Winters versus The Queen's Court

Singles Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Quick Predictions for Championship Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 2, March 2020

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match