Booking advice re Unified title WWE

I have reigns as unified champion but I want to split the belts. The only storyline I can think of is Rhodes who has won MITB says he wants the wwe title as thats all that matters to him and books a title match at a big PPV. Thinking survivor series. I'm at July.

But he's no where near over enough to beat reigns, he is 65 reigns is like 80s. And has said he wouldn't put him over.

What's my options here? Can I get Rhodes that high up in a couple of months? Do I just do it and anger reigns? Do I make it a finish that doesn't hurt reigns as much?

My other option is wait till wrestlemania to give me more time but i dont want to only have 1 title till then and can't think of another scenario to split the titles.

Any suggestions?

I have reigns as unified champion but I want to split the belts. The only storyline I can think of is Rhodes who has won MITB says he wants the wwe title as thats all that matters to him and books a title match at a big PPV. Thinking survivor series. I'm at July.

But he's no where near over enough to beat reigns, he is 65 reigns is like 80s. And has said he wouldn't put him over.

What's my options here? Can I get Rhodes that high up in a couple of months? Do I just do it and anger reigns? Do I make it a finish that doesn't hurt reigns as much?

My other option is wait till wrestlemania to give me more time but i dont want to only have 1 title till then and can't think of another scenario to split the titles.

Any suggestions?

Write Reigns off with an injury or suspension for something vile.

The unified title goes up for grabs in some kind of multi-man match, and there's a wacky finish with two winners. If it's a Royal Rumble, the final two fall out at the same time. If it's first pinfall, two referees count two different pins at once. If it's a ladder match, both men pull the belt down at the same time.

Controversy! Arguments! Promos! The two winners will fight! Winner takes all, and... it ends in a draw. Big rematch, another draw. Huge gigantic third match, and even though there's still no winner, their battle causes so much destruction that WWE officials just have to separate them. It's causing too much damage, and fans could get hurt. So they split them onto separate shows and call both champion.

You could even literally break the belt into two pieces in the final match.

Later, Roman returns, his 'injury' healed or suspension lifted, looking for his belts back.

Write Reigns off with an injury or suspension for something vile.

The unified title goes up for grabs in some kind of multi-man match, and there's a wacky finish with two winners. If it's a Royal Rumble, the final two fall out at the same time. If it's first pinfall, two referees count two different pins at once. If it's a ladder match, both men pull the belt down at the same time.

Controversy! Arguments! Promos! The two winners will fight! Winner takes all, and... it ends in a draw. Big rematch, another draw. Huge gigantic third match, and even though there's still no winner, their battle causes so much destruction that WWE officials just have to separate them. It's causing too much damage, and fans could get hurt. So they split them onto separate shows and call both champion.

You could even literally break the belt into two pieces in the final match.

Later, Roman returns, his 'injury' healed or suspension lifted, looking for his belts back.

That's not bad, but I would have an authority figure (preferably a face one...a Mick Foley or Steve Austin being brought back as a commissioner type) orders the suspension (you could even have Reigns, through Heyman, try to argue him down). Said commissioner then says that it's time to split the unified title up and at MITB (just spitballin') have the two contract matches be for the titles. Instead of winning MitB, have Cody win the WWE title and a heel (Happy Corbin?...*hears the boos and shouts and curses...and giggles maniacally*) win the Universal title. Then, do your draft. Put Omos, Edge, Rollins on Raw to pursue Rhodes and the WWE Championship, and put McIntyre, Lashley (who I'm guessing is a face in your save), Styles, and Nakamura on SD to pursue the Universal title. Personally, I'd build to face IC Champion Nakamura going against heel Universal Champion Corbin to finally give Nakamura a world title reign in WWE, but that's just me. I'd give Cody a long run with the WWE Championship. Maybe have him carry it all the way to Mania.

"Cody Rhodes is money. Strap a rocket to the kid." - Advice given to me by Steve Austin

St.T

No need to overcomplicate it.

Build up Cody as a serious challenger on a winning streak. At the same time, build up a second challenger on your other show. Roman has to defend two belts in one night in two separate matches, and leaves the show having lost both. Now you've got a frustrated and humiliated Reigns who's been sent to the back of the line, two fresh champions, and the ready-made story of Reigns going on the warpath to restore his name.

No need to overcomplicate it.

Build up Cody as a serious challenger on a winning streak. At the same time, build up a second challenger on your other show. Roman has to defend two belts in one night in two separate matches, and leaves the show having lost both. Now you've got a frustrated and humiliated Reigns who's been sent to the back of the line, two fresh champions, and the ready-made story of Reigns going on the warpath to restore his name.

I like this idea. Depending you could also do the following

1) Have Heyman screw him in the first title match, Heyman aligns with his new client. This way, you have Roman going after Heyman and new talent. Cheap? Yes. But WWE does a lot of cheap heat sometimes.

2) Have the USO's turn on him.

3) Personally, I would build Cody up.