[2022 RELEASE] Wrestling at War - What If?

I sent a bunch of ppl to rehab and suspended a bunch. I also fired some people too. It isn't as bad now. I hired Harley Race and a few others I can't think of that keep people in check. Theres still a few slip ups every month, not the long list of 4-8 or whatever it is when you start :D

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one having fun cleaning up the locker room :D

I like how y’all respect the drug testing for the lore

Of course, don't want to make it too easy

• 1 month later...
I'd like to make a suggestion, which is for you to change worker popularity to a little higher. I said that because it is hard to create major stars as i started to drift from the mod (no hate at all). WSW still has an attendance penalty when i pre book all the storylines into matches even if the scheduled date is changed. and it started to make wrestling fans in game focus more on celebrities. So I suggest popularity to increase for the actual wrestlers is what I'm saying.

No idea if anyone's brought this up, but you should make the celebrities non-wrestlers rather than wrestlers. There are a lot of celebrities in this database and they clutter the list of talent when trying to hire people. By making them non-wrestlers, it's more realistic and gives a way to filter them out of the list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had my first death in this save due to drugs and it was WSW's own Shane Douglas and WSW is being held responsible for his death due to their lax drug policy. Then the following week, Joey Styles was approached by police for making threatening voicemails to the boss of NYWF, which by the way, he does play by play commentary for. Finally to cap off my first month of my save in the mod, I had taken a chance to attempt to sign Kerry Von Erich. But then I requested for a medical. Biggest sigh of relief I ever had because I didn't sign him due to his medical coming back positive for steroids, hard drugs and soft drugs. Immediately dropped the contract I had for him. Don't want that in my NWA locker room. Mind you, that all happened in the first month of my save. Who knows what awaits me for the rest of the year.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2022 at 11:43 PM, Paxlux said:

No idea if anyone's brought this up, but you should make the celebrities non-wrestlers rather than wrestlers. There are a lot of celebrities in this database and they clutter the list of talent when trying to hire people. By making them non-wrestlers, it's more realistic and gives a way to filter them out of the list.

I actually agree with this as it also deals with owner goal if we sign a celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the link redirects us to the 1.0 version of the picture pack so numerous amount of workers, one promotion and few championships don't have images.

Also, I really want to say thanks for the hard work, this is by far my favorite fantasy mod atm.
Truly facinating to read all this wrestling lore. Any plans for Mexico/UK/Europe or Women's Wrestling in general ?
There's also a small spelling mistake on the Intro Picture of D_HCW_03 : "Vince McMahonf"

Edited by Jugg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, OGpistolpete said:

Yes, celebrities are an issue I realize now. Apologies to everyone!

It's not abandoned, because I'm still alive, but I am not actively working on it at the moment.

Glad to hear it! It's probably my favorite alt-history mod in TEW2020.

IMO most of the celebrities in the database can easily be removed because most don't really make much sense in a wrestling company. I think celebrities should be limited to people who've appeared in wrestling companies irl like Mike Tyson and Dennis Rodman.

But overall it's a really fun mod that I've probably enjoyed the most out of any TEW2020 mod I've installed. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sincerely hope that an update comes soon to this mod. I feel like a Mexican promotion or two would ultimately be my big way to come back to playing TEW. @OGpistolpete This is probably the only mod I play consistently, I know that real life comes first so I'll continue to be patient until an update becomes available.

Edited by mk3kratos

On 4/24/2023 at 8:59 AM, mk3kratos said:

I sincerely hope that an update comes soon to this mod. I feel like a Mexican promotion or two would ultimately be my big way to come back to playing TEW. @OGpistolpete This is probably the only mod I play consistently, I know that real life comes first so I'll continue to be patient until an update becomes available.

I second this! Would love to see some of the title lineages get filled out. It's not a huge deal, but some wrestler bios don't match up with their lineages or popularities (i.e. Sid Vicious being a 3x USWA champion, Stan Hansen having no popularity in Japan despite spending the majority of his career there, etc.)

I think content-wise the mod is amazing, just needs some quality of life fixes to round it out

• Like 1