[2022 RELEASE] Wrestling at War - What If?

This is 1996.

Vince McMahon is in prison.

His release date? The year 2000.

Until then,
wrestling is at war

Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels are looking like the hottest stars in town, leading Hollywood Championship Wrestling to a meteoric rise in the wrestling industry.

On their coattails, Bret Hart and the World Star Wrestling crew along with The Undertaker and his new dark beginning in the National Wrestling Alliance.

The dark horse? Shane McMahon and Paul Heyman’s new cutting-edge product of the World Wrestling Federation climbing from ruins.

With four years left until Vince is out of prison and, presumably, regains control of the WWF, can anybody stop the new powerhouse in HCW from taking over the industry?

Lore

Wrestling At War is a TEW2020 mod that begins in January, 1996. The world of wrestling is very different from what it became. Hulk Hogan remained with the AWA through its formation of World Star Wrestling. Instead of “Hulkamania”, this world experienced “Macho Madness” that swept the nation. Vince McMahon built the WWF on the shoulders of his superstar, Randy Savage, while Jim Crockett and the rest of the southern NWA stronghold responded by centralizing earlier on in the 1980’s.To the north, Verne Gagne’s AWA and Stu Hart’s Calgary territory joined forces to plant their stamp in Chicago, IL and the surrounding Great Lakes region as the predominant wrestling promotion known as World Star Wrestling. And the remaining combatants of the old Memphis and Mid-South found refuge, and potential coup, with the United States Wrestling Association. The industry changed forever in 1993, when Vince McMahon was convicted in his steroid trail of 1993, and would face an objectively horrible sentence. To serve time for the next seven-years, the WWF would crumble in the wake of fallout. Not only that, but 23-year old Shane McMahon was now in charge, and soon found controversy when he screwed frontman Shawn Michaels out of the WWF Championship while Michaels was on his way out from the WWF to join the upstart HCW in what has become known as “The Baltimore Screwjob”. In 1994, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Sean Waltman formed the foundation of Hollywood Championship Wrestling, the new primetime promotion owned by FOX, live on FOX, every Monday Night. McMahon and the WWF have found shelter with MTV, and have perhaps found a savior in a man named Paul Heyman and his new “attitude era”.

Author’s Note: I am very excited to release this new version of my Wrestling at War mod! This mod was originally released in 2013 on EWR and has since evolved into this latest release in 2022! Hard to believe this alternate reality is almost ten years old but I am so glad it has lasted this long and continues to receive attention from time to time. This release is without a doubt the most full-fledged version with enough to sink your teeth into for long saves. There is still room to grow as well, and I may continue releasing minor adjustments of this data as I continue to improve and tweak.

Wrestling At War, Beta Version 1.3

What's New?

• 8+ new future companies with mandatory owners!

• 839 new workers, a 56% increase from the previous release!

• 165 new broadcasters, as well as a complete revamp of all existing broadcasters, with scaled adjustments to broadcaster reach and popularity.

• 1241 new TV shows to balance viewership and competitive on-air!

• 15 new eras of the professional wrestling industry, including two major industry peaks between 1994 and 2022.

• 2,408 new free pictures for generated workers!

• Addition of maturity, decline, retirement and relevancy for all of the world's big names!

• Adjusted default matches to avoid the AI repeatedly booking stripping matches for world titles!

• Additional world narratives, including major economic booms and busts!

• Game world adjustments to help better balance the simulated world.

• Removal of many worker / company loyalties to allow for more talent movement between companies.

• Starting money adjustments for all major companies (avoid early financial ballooning.)

• New custom title belts from Mammoth!

• Hours of simulation testing to ensure great results!

• Special thanks to nGo and associated individuals for work on the nGo picture pack, used as base for all worker pictures.

• Very special thanks to Mammoth for his custom belts for majority of promotions in the game. His incredible work has added another layer of depth I couldn’t have imagined.

• Thanks to iDOL for his stable logos, I was glad to incorporate a bunch of stable logos into this alternate wrestling world.

• Thank you so much to Sabin for his free picture pack!

• Big thanks to Taker4455 for his awesome Celebrity Expansion pack!

This is 1996.

Vince McMahon is in prison.

His release date? The year 2000.

Until then,
wrestling is at war

Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels are looking like the hottest stars in town, leading Hollywood Championship Wrestling to a meteoric rise in the wrestling industry.

On their coattails, Bret Hart and the World Star Wrestling crew along with The Undertaker and his new dark beginning in the National Wrestling Alliance.

The dark horse? Shane McMahon and Paul Heyman’s new cutting-edge product of the World Wrestling Federation climbing from ruins.

With four years left until Vince is out of prison and, presumably, regains control of the WWF, can anybody stop the new powerhouse in HCW from taking over the industry?

Lore

Wrestling At War is a TEW2020 mod that begins in January, 1996. The world of wrestling is very different from what it became. Hulk Hogan remained with the AWA through its formation of World Star Wrestling. Instead of “Hulkamania”, this world experienced “Macho Madness” that swept the nation. Vince McMahon built the WWF on the shoulders of his superstar, Randy Savage, while Jim Crockett and the rest of the southern NWA stronghold responded by centralizing earlier on in the 1980’s.To the north, Verne Gagne’s AWA and Stu Hart’s Calgary territory joined forces to plant their stamp in Chicago, IL and the surrounding Great Lakes region as the predominant wrestling promotion known as World Star Wrestling. And the remaining combatants of the old Memphis and Mid-South found refuge, and potential coup, with the United States Wrestling Association. The industry changed forever in 1993, when Vince McMahon was convicted in his steroid trail of 1993, and would face an objectively horrible sentence. To serve time for the next seven-years, the WWF would crumble in the wake of fallout. Not only that, but 23-year old Shane McMahon was now in charge, and soon found controversy when he screwed frontman Shawn Michaels out of the WWF Championship while Michaels was on his way out from the WWF to join the upstart HCW in what has become known as “The Baltimore Screwjob”. In 1994, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Sean Waltman formed the foundation of Hollywood Championship Wrestling, the new primetime promotion owned by FOX, live on FOX, every Monday Night. McMahon and the WWF have found shelter with MTV, and have perhaps found a savior in a man named Paul Heyman and his new “attitude era”.

Author’s Note: I am very excited to release this new version of my Wrestling at War mod! This mod was originally released in 2013 on EWR and has since evolved into this latest release in 2022! Hard to believe this alternate reality is almost ten years old but I am so glad it has lasted this long and continues to receive attention from time to time. This release is without a doubt the most full-fledged version with enough to sink your teeth into for long saves. There is still room to grow as well, and I may continue releasing minor adjustments of this data as I continue to improve and tweak.

Wrestling At War, Beta Version 1.3

What's New?

• 8+ new future companies with mandatory owners!

• 839 new workers, a 56% increase from the previous release!

• 165 new broadcasters, as well as a complete revamp of all existing broadcasters, with scaled adjustments to broadcaster reach and popularity.

• 1241 new TV shows to balance viewership and competitive on-air!

• 15 new eras of the professional wrestling industry, including two major industry peaks between 1994 and 2022.

• 2,408 new free pictures for generated workers!

• Addition of maturity, decline, retirement and relevancy for all of the world's big names!

• Adjusted default matches to avoid the AI repeatedly booking stripping matches for world titles!

• Additional world narratives, including major economic booms and busts!

• Game world adjustments to help better balance the simulated world.

• Removal of many worker / company loyalties to allow for more talent movement between companies.

• Starting money adjustments for all major companies (avoid early financial ballooning.)

• New custom title belts from Mammoth!

• Hours of simulation testing to ensure great results!

• Special thanks to nGo and associated individuals for work on the nGo picture pack, used as base for all worker pictures.

• Very special thanks to Mammoth for his custom belts for majority of promotions in the game. His incredible work has added another layer of depth I couldn’t have imagined.

• Thanks to iDOL for his stable logos, I was glad to incorporate a bunch of stable logos into this alternate wrestling world.

• Thank you so much to Sabin for his free picture pack!

• Big thanks to Taker4455 for his awesome Celebrity Expansion pack!

This looks amazing, I will be waiting for updates to have a proper save. I have some questions.

This will be the definitive version? Or you will be adding some workers along the way?

Also, I don't like being nitpicky, but you should add the lineages for the King of the Ring and the Royal Rumble, there is the implication that Austin won in 1995, but there is nothing in the tournament lineage that suggests so. The same goes to the WSW Television championship, it suggests that the championship exists since 1987, but only Jacques Rogeau is the only acknowledged champion.

This looks amazing, I will be waiting for updates to have a proper save. I have some questions.

This will be the definitive version? Or you will be adding some workers along the way?

Also, I don't like being nitpicky, but you should add the lineages for the King of the Ring and the Royal Rumble, there is the implication that Austin won in 1995, but there is nothing in the tournament lineage that suggests so. The same goes to the WSW Television championship, it suggests that the championship exists since 1987, but only Jacques Rogeau is the only acknowledged champion.

This is definitely a definitive version. I’m planning on making minor updates mainly in regards to fleshing a few things you like the minor missing items such as title history and title pictures. I recently bought Photoshop again to knock some of this out! But at this point there wouldn’t be any substantial additions that would prevent being able to play a full 10-year game.

Two weird little things I've ran into

Booker T has no gimmick upon starting a game and Lance Storm has morale issues for reasons not explained (maybe it's just because he's Lance Storm?)

Booker T will be corrected in the next small update and yes, Lance Storm isn’t happy because he’s Lance Storm. Some workers start with morale issues for a little added spice.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just got to the year 2000 as WWF and man im having a blast. Haven't had this much fun playing tew in prob a year.

Wow, WWF? Got any screenshots to show how you're game's going by that time? Champions, roster, popularity, etc.

I been having mad fun with the NWA.

Wow, WWF? Got any screenshots to show how you're game's going by that time? Champions, roster, popularity, etc.

i tried to upload them on imgr but idk why its not working. Basically have Goldberg as the world champ with Eddie Guerrero as United states and Benoit as IC champ. Trying to snag jericho from the NWA but the world title has been a hot potato between HHH, Sting, HBK. I think we're at large or big or whatever is after medium. I want to cap at medium tho cause im having a hard time growing in pop. We're at big tho

pHh863c.png

So I figured it out. I kinda messed up because I had my production too high which screwed pop on a bunch of guys, and im lacking a few areas for broadcasters which im gonna correct after this.

What did you do about drug testing?

I'm having fun with my backstage at 0% and almost everyone clean

I sent a bunch of ppl to rehab and suspended a bunch. I also fired some people too. It isn't as bad now. I hired Harley Race and a few others I can't think of that keep people in check. Theres still a few slip ups every month, not the long list of 4-8 or whatever it is when you start :D