Sooo....do we get a new version in 2024? Sure, I love 2020, I've got hundreds of hours of entertainment out of it, and am still playing, but just curious if there's going to be another one someday?

Pretty sure I'd pre-order as soon as it was possible....:)

I think TEW 2020 basically killed any interest in a sequel---at least for a long, long awhile.

I tried 2020 at launch and just couldn't. Were any significant changes made by the patches? or is it the same but just with bug fixes?

I truly don't remember what the game was like at release at this point, changes have been made. My only complaint about the game, are finances, and I've been able to solve that issue in my saves.

I tried 2020 at launch and just couldn't. Were any significant changes made by the patches? or is it the same but just with bug fixes?

IMO somewhere in between. If a user saw no potential in the game the various changes that were made wouldn't convince them to play. If someone saw potential but were annoyed by certain aspects the patches have improved the experience and its possible addressed some of those annoyances.

Put a different way the patches haven't changed what the game is but they have made it a better version of what it was intended to be.

As far as TEW 2024 I'm not sure how much more can be done within the confines of the current game engine, programming language etc. To get a much better, more immersive game I think it needs to be done from the ground up. Again, just my opinion.

BTW: I enjoy 2020. Not perfect but its fun. After getting used to it (and patches that improved / tweaked certain things) its my favorite in the series.

IMO somewhere in between. If a user saw no potential in the game the various changes that were made wouldn't convince them to play. If someone saw potential but were annoyed by certain aspects the patches have improved the experience and its possible addressed some of those annoyances.

Put a different way the patches haven't changed what the game is but they have made it a better version of what it was intended to be.

BTW: I enjoy 2020. Not perfect but its fun. After getting used to it (and patches that improved / tweaked certain things) its my favorite in the series.

i dropped a decade into 2007 and a good 2 years into 2010, so in theory I love tew.

My main issue with the game are the finances of AI feds and how the AI runs its feds. You see feds making a ton of money (which most shouldn't), but they do not do anything with it, I do not see AI feds invest in their own streaming services, I do not see AI feds wanting to expand into new territories, etc.

I'd love some new features as well, such as being able to come to an agreement with an AI fed to be broadcast into my own network (is there a way to do this on a saved game), better and more regens, etc.

TEW 2020 nearly killed all interest I had in the series and I can't imagine how many hours I've sunk into it for over a decade. I really do hope there is another soon, but if these games have any hope of being relevant or keeping remotely in step with mirco budget indie games in 2022, it seriously needs to be rebuilt from the ground up again with a new engine. 2020 deadass looked and played like a PC game from the mid 2000s.

TEW 2020 nearly killed all interest I had in the series and I can't imagine how many hours I've sunk into it for over a decade. I really do hope there is another soon, but if these games have any hope of being relevant or keeping remotely in step with mirco budget indie games in 2022, it seriously needs to be rebuilt from the ground up again with a new engine. 2020 deadass looked and played like a PC game from the mid 2000s.

It's vastly improved since launch. I've tried playing TEW2016 for a specific mod and I couldn't do it. TEW2020 is so much better.

It's vastly improved since launch. I've tried playing TEW2016 for a specific mod and I couldn't do it. TEW2020 is so much better.
I tried giving it another shot last year but I still couldn't get into it. Yeah, it was in better shape than it was at launch but that's a fairly low bar honestly. All the updates and patches can't overcome it's hideous UI and dated gameplay.

The worst thing is I agree about not being able to go back to TEW2016. 2020 had so many badly needed quality of life changes and features that now 2016 feels sorely lacking and it's flaws even more exposed. So now the series, at least for me, feels like it's in this weird purgatory where the good games are too dated and the newest release was a dud.

I don't understand all the anger around TWE 2020. At the end of the day is like 2016 but with a better interface. I personally like this version better.

That's exactly what other big companies like EA Sports or Sports Interactive do. New game every year with updated rosters and some fancy TLC then we all buy them like sheep.

What's the anger about? What did You expect?

I don't understand all the anger around TWE 2020. At the end of the day is like 2016 but with a better interface. I personally like this version better.

That's exactly what other big companies like EA Sports or Sports Interactive do. New game every year with updated rosters and some fancy TLC then we all buy them like sheep.

What's the anger about? What did You expect?

yeah I still play Madden 2008 on my xbox 360 so I deffinatly don't run on the every year I need a new football game tread mill.

my son and I have 26 season with the Grand rapids sharks played. 23 time super bowl champions. (way back in the day we gutted the cleaveland browns moved the franchise to grand rapids MI filled the roster with young draft picks and dominated with a low salary team, then we grabbed the superstars we wanted and never looked back)

Agree 100%. I've owned every version since the beginning and 2020 is my favorite by far.

It was clunky and a bit disappointing at launch but has improved by leaps and bounds since.

I tried giving it another shot last year but I still couldn't get into it. Yeah, it was in better shape than it was at launch but that's a fairly low bar honestly. All the updates and patches can't overcome it's hideous UI and dated gameplay.

The worst thing is I agree about not being able to go back to TEW2016. 2020 had so many badly needed quality of life changes and features that now 2016 feels sorely lacking and it's flaws even more exposed. So now the series, at least for me, feels like it's in this weird purgatory where the good games are too dated and the newest release was a dud.

In your opinion, what makes the game have a hideous UI? I know the beta truly did have a hideous UI, but I can't agree with that now. Maybe I just got used to it, but the game is so much faster and snappier to navigate. And with a good skin (Dark Arber for me) it's my ideal sim right now.