Major League Wrestling: Styles Make Fights!

MLW Azteca

JYGBggN5lCoc7YfUoPy_FqbU9RNqv8WZVYlXQVVE

Episode #14 - "Ace In The Hole"

Taped for El Rey Network

in Noroccidente, Mexico

Aired on Week 2, December 2021

Announce Team: Konnan and Matt Striker

-99dOqV8KlAzaoHhnD7K_-mCgyGZv9YE962EAtX3Vb7hLCrip18R6pF-mFkzxkg0LC4xZnwZX1Y2U1Xfj3UOPMCsVbXdqYMeqcIfCzq9qbLggbT5hs2WdvN5

The show opens with L.A. Park pacing back and forth in a dark room, ranting about his sons losing two bodies. El Hijo de L.A. Park and L.A. Park Jr are looking down, ashamed that they got jumped once again. This time though, it is unclear who attacked them…

Papa Park calls his ‘flesh, blood, and bones’ stupid sons of b*tches, and says he can’t leave them for a minute, they always screw it up. He thought that they finally came good at Blood and Thunder, but clearly he was wrong. Park thinks they were attacked by 5150, and demands a clear answer, or else he will whip them like when they were real kids! Still nothing.

‘The Chairman’ throws his signature weapon across the room and says they better get a victory in tonight’s main event, because they’ll need the win bonus after he cuts them off from his pocket! Motivational speech from Park ends when the patriarch of the family catches a paparazzi standing behind the door.

'¡Otra vez este estúpido gringo! ¡Ven aquí, puto!'

Emilio Sparks can’t get away fast enough, he’s grabbed by the collar. Park says that surely the nosey bastard must know who stole the bodies? Emilio says he was working with El Jefe when that happened, but promises to find out who the perpetrators were. Park is fine with that… Because if he doesn’t get the names, he’ll take his soul to the underworld instead, jajaja! 

We are here, and ‘the renegades’ are rocking in anticipation of tonight’s show! On commentary, Konnan is joined by a familiar face, former MLW announcer - Matt Striker! He’s filling up for the badly injured Famous B, but who knows, maybe he’ll make this seat his own? K-Dawg makes a subtle dig at Striker’s most recent employer and runs through the card, hyping up 5150.

To the surprise of everyone in the arena, a circus music starts playing, and out comes ‘The Ace of Lucha Libre’, Psycho Clown! "Totalmente Payaso" claps hands with fans and entertains the kids, but what is he really doing here, in Azteca Underground? 

Psycho is posing on the turnbuckles and drinking in the love of the fans, who don’t let him say a word. He’s over like a rover, probably the biggest name in all of modern lucha libre! But just when the crowd calms down and Psycho puts mic closer to his mouth, out comes…

Richard Holliday?

KzblbwxrI-Ry7twZLlESz46Mft7q1ffi8vvkBXPgtG-zLTHzUoRhHjkJlVDff86SE4J7EyBGgZr6fKJj

‘The Most Marketable’ snatches the mic out of Psycho’s hands and confronts the ace about abducting his best bro!

I’ve heard all about you, yeah! You freak attacked my best friend, and now he’s stuck in this hellhole!! Oh, don’t give me those eyes, don’t try to look innocent now! I see through your BS, Mister Clown. if that is even your real name… You can fool these consumer and consumerninos, but you’re not fooling the most intelligent man in the business!

Matt Strikers explains that Richard Holliday has confused Psycho Clown with Pagano, so he doubts that he’s the most knowledgeable guy in the business… but this is funny nonetheless. Holliday asks where Hammer is and gets no answers from dumbfounded Psycho. Richard starts shoving the guy in the corner, and this is when the fan favorite pushes back. Ace calls a referee, let’s settle it like actual men!

RING THE BELL!

aZypYkPNWQab__PSKkYTzD0UwbQqGy8E61zr9L4N

KzblbwxrI-Ry7twZLlESz46Mft7q1ffi8vvkBXPg Q3F2viJFC9EQjavX968Ce5aHbPlM4nqRAs3SYhIi tG-zLTHzUoRhHjkJlVDff86SE4J7EyBGgZr6fKJj

Psycho Clown vs. Richard Holliday

What a bizarre matchup to open up the show! 

Ninety percent of the fans are on Psycho’s side, and he goes to work quickly, kicking and punching Holliday around the ring. You put your hands on the ace, you will pay for it!  Psycho brawls on the outside and grabs Holliday so some fans in the front row could chop him in the chest! OUCH. Holliday is back in the ring and he kicks the ropes to low blow Psycho. 

GGdfM7IKBEVFKU1HTFfpdhQOIurdljgfmYDHFK2p

Hanging DDT! Holliday takes over the match for a bit, screaming that all people in the arena who are cheering for a kidnapper are sick!! He gets a near fall after a Twisting Torture Rack Slam and decides to go on the top rope. He’s done some market research, and top rope moves are VERY HOT in Mexico. Unfortunately, high flying is not Holliday’s strong suit…

And Psycho catches him with a Spanish Fly for the win! A fairly easy match for Psycho Clown, who celebrates with the renegades.

Psycho Clown def. Richard Holliday in 04:13 by pinfall with a Spanish Fly. [59/100]

We then go backstage, where a little man in the Aerostar costume is wandering through the corridors of the arena. He runs straight into Slice Boogie and Danny Rivera, who are prepping for their match. Boogie picks the boy up and pins him to the wall, with Rivera screaming threats and talking trash to ‘The Spaceman’. Boogie thinks something is wrong…

Boogie: I don’t think this is him, bro!

Rivera: Whatchu mean bro, this is Aerostar! The mask, same height, same size.

Boogie: Look at his arms doe, he looks skinny, dawg. 

Rivera: I’m telling you, this is Aerostar! Here, look!

Rivera grabs the mask and behind it hides a little boy that is ‘just 8 years old’. Gangsters put the young lad down, give him a bandana, some money and ask him not to call the police. Kid runs away and 5150 start laughing their asses off, clearly not taking their opponents seriously. Behind the camera Dr. Julius Smokes says 5150 are going to kick their monkey asses!

Ia_uZj_9XIkvgpDaRbo5uUPB9gdm02LCyEKke1wAIGucuooQa5doUSAtrbKorNV1ifN6stGRvra1PYb0 waB8jghhklFtgD5DjK4hhkCpPPsLuCYETDS-YUTV evKnNvnzkoJlFMYqADLWJQaZUWHo-kB_Zw_55qQfLREUXoL0I9Dr7Nk3cwnUjntIl4MzoTDUHW5NLWzz

5150 vs. Aerostar and Drago

Considering that this match followed the performance of Psycho Clown, this bout went well! 

5150 jumpstart the match to get the early advantage and work the crowd, but they are no match for the speed and trickery of the technicos! Stereo dropkicks send 5150 out of the ring, and Drago hits them with a Tope Suicida! Aerostar braces himself and takes out all three with a Trust Fall Splash!! LUCHA-LUCHA-LUCHA!!!

xSuLu_usQ30GW2FVaMKeHGbF9Dj-dbDlbUS7Kzfx

This is a great highlight, but it doesn’t get the win for fan favorites for now - 5150 are tougher than that. Their raw power and hunger are enough to retake the advantage, with Boogie sending Aerostar flying with a Release German! Gangsters use plenty of double moves to isolate Drago, but he hits a Running Flipping Blockbuster on Rivera and tags Aerostar in! 

Splash from the Cosmos! One, two, Boogie breaks it up! He catches a Tornillo from Drago and Fallaway Slams him out of the ring, ‘Bad Guy’ style! Rivera hits Aerostar with a Pele Kick, tags his heavy, and hits a 456 Headcracker to get the win!!

k8t7fsvuF0_RAWCX931GHE3aSWsCY_n50apepy6V

5150 def. Aerostar and Drago in 07:28 by pinfall with a 456 Headcracker. [47/100]

Fans are not happy with the outcome, and they show their middle fingers to 5150. Konnan fist bumps his guys and says that Los Parks might have won a fight at Blood and Thunder, but they will not win a war, comprende!? ORALE!! Striker asks if they robbed Los Parks?

Konnan says they have no beef with Ivelisse or Savio, and messing with the dead goes against their faith. Camera zooms on the cross Rivera is wearing on his chest, clearly 5150 are God-fearing men, they wouldn't do anything like that… Riiiight.

Richard Holliday is sore after his match with Psycho Clown, and he rants to Alicia Atout about the trick Cesar Duran pulled on him. Who knew there were so many clowns in Mexico? And they all seem to look the same! Alicia asks Holliday why he doesn’t want to just pay up?

uLjCKwjm77IDna4X7HgDkXIwEG69rhTenGRTMsSODF0dKk78rjzMUL0QQ4U65q19QscQtUJHowiSsuYZ

Holliday: Pay up!? Alicia, are you kidding me? You never pay the criminals, they’ll just keep asking for more and more money. Besides, YOU were the one who wanted me to act ‘like a man’! Thanks for the advice, I had to listen to my father/lawyer instead!

Atout: I didn’t mean it th-- LOOK OUT!!

Alicia tried to warn Richard, but he wouldn’t have the time to react to Pagano’s sneak attack! ‘King of Extreme’ roughs Holliday up while Atout cries for help. Pagano beats Holliday and asks him about the money, just trying to get the answer with brute force. Richard is stubborn and doesn’t understand Spanish… ‘El Jefe’ is watching from above, enjoying the show.

_zOb4txwH0raC0KsFiTcs8HF3WPQV6uzhvC_Efo9

Alicia begs Cesar Duran to stop, they will pay the money!! Boss smirks and whistles Pagano up. Enough is enough, they got the message. Bring cold cash to the ring, after the main event…

We’re back to the ring, and up next is a battle of the middleweights. Flamita will be fighting AR Fox, and the winner of the match will get a shot at MLW Middleweight champion Myron Reed! Flamita comes out with The CRASH Cruiserweight championship.

AR Fox is not in a hurry though. He has a live mic in his hand and says he will not play Cesar’s games anymore. He has a pinfall victory over Reed, and that makes him an automatic number one contender… Also Flamita lost, and has to get in the back of the line now.

This is when Myron comes out, MLW gold around his waist.

MUCDmyKE8BerjW74ORcPNeABoo9HJjDz0ARSMNRD1TmmofYdVFryDbsr15GtTk9mR3ob8PuKcHICODnC

Reed: Yo, I kinda get your point, Fox, but these people paid their hard earned cash to see this match. I don’t recognize you man… the AR Fox I knew would tear the house down right now, not duck the competition like a lil bish, for real, for real!

Fox: The AR Fox you knew died in ‘The Temple’ to save humanity from the end of the world. I sacrificed my well being for all of you, and I don’t get any credit for it… so screw you. This is all a conspiracy designed by your beloved ‘El Jefe’, who’s real name is Dario Cueto!

Myron scratches his head, he doesn’t understand what his mentor is saying. Saving humanity? A conspiracy against Fox? What is this dude smoking!? AR Fox is about to walk out on Flamita, but the CRASH Cruiserweight champion lays his title on the mats and asks Reed for a mic. In basic English, Demonic Flamita offers Fox a shot at HIS title, right here, right now! 

AR Fox’s ears perk up, and he changes his mind. Let’s go!

Qpdi7-EADB_f_e6fZdSIAta3AEM2dwyhi8X3dMEj

CRASH Cruiserweight Title Match

1TmmofYdVFryDbsr15GtTk9mR3ob8PuKcHICODnC waB8jghhklFtgD5DjK4hhkCpPPsLuCYETDS-YUTV e6AoELOWQeR8B0ATzVdI0JC2ysNO1GrpZw7FgHZv

AR Fox vs. Flamita

This is a crazy good battle between two amazingly talented high flyers that have all the fans bouncing and chanting!

At first, both duck and roll around, avoiding the hits and evading the aerial moves. An acrobatic stalemate shows that we are about to see a very open match, where offense comes thick and fast. Flamita catches Fox with Headscissors and follows through with his unique variation of the Sasuke Special! AR is thrown back into the ring, but hits Flamita with an Apron 619, followed by a picture perfect Moonsault off the ring post! Fox continues his sequence, hitting three different dives in a row!

Now preparing to hit a Swanton, AR Fox is hit in the face with a Gamengiri…

c7bibuO-z1DOHVI61QYbCeu8UlWr1GNq49mw07cn

Flamita cracks his opponent with a Retador, which gets him a very close two count! Demonic luchador goes to the top rope to hit a 450, but Fox springs back to his feet, to the top rope, and down to the floor, hitting the champion with Lo Mein Pain!

Camera is zooming on Myron’s face, who says this match is straight fire. Fox mouths something off to his former student and hits Flamita with a Foxcatcher!  He could have pinned Flamita there and then, but instead Fox opted to finish the match ‘in style’. 

Alas, he missed, got superkicked in the back of the head, and then hit with a Phoenix Splash that made Flamita the winner!

V-9B69ha2MheeIb0NOoAm1R0i8vV1aaocY6yTDR0

Demonic Flamita defeated AR Fox in 13:10 by pinfall with a Phoenix Splash. Flamita retains his CRASH Cruiserweight championship. [50/100]

Flamita retains his gold, and points at Reed’s title. Two champs come face to face again, forgetting about Fox. Big mistake! ‘The One Man Army’ shakes off the cobwebs and returns with a chair! He hits Flamita in the back, and swings at Myron who avoids it with a kip up he adopted from Fox… but AR throws it back in Reed’s face, outsmarting the kid. 

Striker: He lost the match, but he is the one who stands tall here!

Konnan: Yo, check this out... Fox beat Reed, Reed beat Flamita, and now Flamita beat Fox. 

Striker: MLW’s Middleweight division is jam packed, and I want to see these guys run it back!

While fans are booing AR Fox out of the arena, Marty ‘The Moth’ is trying to find King Muertes.

He wants to get his hands on ‘The Man of 1000 Deaths’, but he’s nowhere to be seen. Marty would gladly ask for a match from ‘El Jefe’, but Cesar Duran’s lackeys did not allow him in the office after he stole the amulet… Moth feels the presence of death in the air.

He’s getting closer to Muertes, but it is Catrina who emerges behind his back!

tqpPBHv4av7lJTPOD1o_D3G-Tv716N1tJGmusn16vz0mmjUFNi3CCXGe6d4z0Tn6NscEezqoDt9UI61a

Catrina: Be careful what you wish for, Moth. Or you’ll get burned… badly! 

Moth: Sheesh, my lady, how about you say hi to me first? You know, this medallion was in a funny place not so long ago… It’s sooo HOT that you choose to wear it around your neck… clearly, you are fond of THE MOTH, hahahaha!

Catrina: You repulse me and every single woman that was unfortunate enough to meet you…

Moth: That’s a lie, my sister used to love me! And whether I win or lose when I face Muertes, you’ll LICK my face all the same!

Catrina: I don’t need to do this anymore, you creep. King Muertes will squash you like a disgusting bug that you are… next week!

Marty tries to slap Catrina, but she vanishes in the air. Moth punches the wall, and Melissa Martinez asks if he hears voices in his head again? There’s no Catrina here. Melissa SLAPS Marty and runs away, making him ‘reee’ in rage… 

-pygrkjFiB8EqEsxTpTOQFfGqs3yoCb_xp3D5NLqBI4JvvPWdKk3-GTzTxL_88rXM9uWWrX8mFxhILm6Bv2sfReFG0yEws-igTiIaZJpTmny0ptSJC32MMufnDN4AG4AEV-cqIAe8wjP5d_i_CTeRJsMuYvI4GmCzZIJ7qqwjWaCcoBtMpPTMvWA5ADTNOJwK4xcTOeL

Meanwhile, Lucha Dream Team is in a five-team huddle with Gringo Loco and Angelico. They have a very important main event, and they need to go all out to defeat La Rebellion Amarilla, Los Parks, and Arez. Angelico wants to get this win for Ivelisse, God bless her soul. Gringo tells the guys he will gladly soften the fall for them, so let’s get extra loco tonight! 

gAA0PvFk1h68dT6J6Alg2A8h-ybKLiNH-QOLx5LHohCTVHrP2Cn0f4NTzeNDrZFnKWJttBZ9ubYqRBQjjdzKTCV8KPmrd0Qt0C5ZOx7OcKYwPPzSRZKwl7_C

And what about the rudos? Arez is bumping his head into the wall, whispering ‘OBEY’ while Mechawolf asks Bestia 666 one simple question… ‘Why did we do it, maestro?’ Bestia drops his hood and answers in an evil serpentine voice. He explains that their offering to Los Parks was ruined by Gringo Loco, when he saved Angelico. That made them look weak… And so they can’t allow Muertes to take their rightful place as the ally of Mictlantecuhtli. Mechawolf nods and rudos leave the dungeon to join their main event partners.

k_XFkjo8lSEWMYNmQJ9hLdnxZFHyu2cQ1KATzyeseBPhk_xRu3MKkjCGiVU2Z6UVzLs_oS0dQH34d-Fl2FG3fnqo9ahLh6GaTew3G_uNkACJxuTSTgJRqaBA

Finally, in the underbelly of the arena, Hammerstone and Texano are listening to the bellows of Black Taurus. ‘The Minotaur’ is locked next to them, and if the ransom is not paid, well, he might get company… One of Cesar’s masked lackeys comes in and tells Hammer to walk out, the exchange will happen tonight. Alex is happy… but what about Texano? Is he not getting out? 

No.

Texano is pissed, this can not be! PUTA MADRE!! The door is thrown in Texano’s face, and he keeps punching it for some time, until he hears the lock ‘click’... Mexican comes out and sees that the guards are down and out, with someone’s shadow disappearing behind the corner. Someone freed Texano! But who?? ‘Blue Collar Brawler’ kicks the guards for the fun of it and looks into the cell of Black Taurus, who’s losing his mind. Taurus gets a ‘goodbye’, Texano is out, and ready to kick some CULEROS, papi! Our main event is up… NEXT!

-pygrkjFiB8EqEsxTpTOQFfGqs3yoCb_xp3D5NLqBI4JvvPWdKk3-GTzTxL_88rXM9uWWrX8mFxhILm6Bv2sfReFG0yEws-igTiIaZJpTmny0ptSJC32MMufnDN4AG4AEV-cqIAe8wjP5d_i_CTeRJsMuYvI4GmCzZIJ7qqwjWaCcoBtMpPTMvWA5ADTNOJwK4xcTOeL

waB8jghhklFtgD5DjK4hhkCpPPsLuCYETDS-YUTV

gAA0PvFk1h68dT6J6Alg2A8h-ybKLiNH-QOLx5LHohCTVHrP2Cn0f4NTzeNDrZFnKWJttBZ9ubYqRBQjjdzKTCV8KPmrd0Qt0C5ZOx7OcKYwPPzSRZKwl7_CVzKyMrTwyEFnXHYYBV8pVJNyL8qfsNBDbM7OAM6YSlrIO08CodFpmLG5uCgahLr4ngXtXyzPxNXYAB1D

Laredo Kid, Samuray del Sol, Aramis, Angelico, Gringo Loco
vs.
Arez, Bestia 666, Mechawolf, El Hijo de L.A. Park, L.A. Park Jr.

AR Fox and Flamita put on one great match in the semi-main event, but this match has even more crazy spots, given that ten luchadors are actively involved. Whenever someone is knocked out of the ring, another guy jumps straight back!

Rudos don’t miss a chance to kick technicos while they are running the ropes or preparing to jump over the top. Of course, that doesn’t stop the fan favorites, who launch themselves out of the ring as if they were actual torpedoes. Everyone has their jumping boots on for this spectacle, even L.A. Park Jr, who stands out from the rest thanks to his chubby frame.

The biggest guy wasn’t able to keep up with the pace, but he was protected by his older and more agile brother. On the other side, Loco was targeted by Rebellion Amarilla, but ‘The Base God’ had the heart to kick out from a few double moves and tag in Angelico, who delivered a dazzling technical performance against ‘The King of Strange Style’ Arez!

The performance of the night though belonged to Laredo Kid though, who can be considered the leader of his group. He covered up for Aramis, who had a little dive miscalculation, and followed up on Salida del Sol from Samuray to pin Park Jr for three with a 450! 

Team Laredo def. Team Bestia in 10:14 when Laredo Kid defeated L.A. Park Jr. by pinfall with a 450 Splash. [56/100]

Without wasting any time for celebrations, Laredo challenges Los Parks to a Trios title match at MLW Superfight! He, Aramis and Samuray Del Sol got very close to winning the gold a few weeks ago, but now they are ready to finish what they started! 

Out comes Cesar Duran and says this is fair, making this match official. But he didn’t come out here to talk, he’s here to get ransom for the MLW World Heavyweight champion, Alexander Hammerstone! So everyone better clear the ring for ‘El Jefe’... Everyone leaves.

After a few seconds, Pagano leads Hammerstone out from the tunnel. Alex is chained up, looking malnourished. He spent close to a week without much food. Cesar calls out Holliday - his friend is here, now let’s do a trade!

Holliday comes out, but not on his own. He’s accompanied by EJ Nduka, who carries a large bag, which is probably filled to the brim with cash. ‘The Most Marketable’ is not in a hurry though, he tries to negotiate.

DF0dKk78rjzMUL0QQ4U65q19QscQtUJHowiSsuYZMRSia_I33yCPc17y-Q5I0pA6zlQO7FoGcsyzj9TI

Holliday: First my bro, and only then my money!

Duran: Don’t play these games with me, Richard. I can change my mind any second!

Hammerstone: Let’s get it over with… Guys, do what he says.

EJ comes up with the bag and Duran tries to nab it, unsuccessfully. After not getting what he wants, Cesar screams for his lackeys to attack!! Massive brawl breaks out, and Nduka throws dozens of masked minions around! Holliday resumes his fight with Pagano, and Hammerstone joins in too, beating evil luchadors while still being cuffed! The numbers are overwhelming, but Texano runs out and helps Alex and his friends!! In a memorable moment, Hammerstone snaps the shackles and hits Pagano with a Lariat to save Holliday!

He shakes the top rope, Hammermania is running wild, brother!! The brawl continues on the outside, and Cesar sees opportunity in all this chaos, crawling to the bag. From the other side of the ring, a man in a poncho jumps in, and grabs the bag from under Duran’s nose!

3vG9UFCKUd6cFt-ndICjZhGHWJl3e0nw7EnowwiM

BANDIDO WITH A HIGHWAY ROBBERY! He escapes with all the cash! 

Cesar loses out on the bag once again, and he has a temper tantrum, screaming for Taurus to show up, to no avail. Konnan enjoys every second of it, and on this note we are forced to wrap up the broadcast. Good night everybody!

Final Rating

Edited by Blodyxe
  • Like 1

BUZgVVPkXAUeDdyqkYo22soh8L1edYu09MmEkrFL

Azteca Underground Control Center

5DxZjXNkoeHshhnqrTij-SyO9jvuRQV14ykul9PG

Hammerstone Breaks The Shackles!

Latest episode of Azteca Underground saw MLW’s World Heavyweight champion escape forcible detention, thanks to his good friends Richard Holliday and EJ Nduka!

Hammer got himself in deep trouble for not playing in Duran’s games, one of which involved actual match fixing. The boss needed Alex to end the Blood and Thunder match with Bandido in a draw, so Tijuana gangsters and politicians could make a pretty peso. Despite Hammerstone’s unwillingness to participate in the scheme, the match ended in a double count out following Pagano’s interference. Duran’s lackeys carried the champion out and locked him up in one cell with another rebel, Texano!

Two men had to go a week without much food and water, also neighboring next to a very loud and angry Black Taurus! El Jefe demanded a huge ransom to let Hammerstone go, and his plan almost worked, if it wasn’t for the arrival of a third party…

Aw1w2QF_Qp51tPy1HDo3FnnPQQsn5cT5pXeM1sdB

Wanted Dead or Alive!!

The man who left Cesar Duran empty handed was none other than ‘The Most Wanted’ Bandido!

Certainly living up to his nickname, Bandido stole the bag of cash and skipped away into the sunset. When you think about this, Bandido has every reason to be mad at the boss, because he didn’t enlighten him about his match fixing shenanigans. Unlike Hammerstone, Bandido is more likely to be upset about not being offered a ‘cut’ off the profits, and therefore this ‘highway robbery’ is his way of getting what he rightfully deserves. This is all purely speculation though, and we would have to hear from the man himself to understand his motivations.

One thing is for sure though… Bandido is a ‘wanted’ man, and yet another wrestler on Duran’s sh!tlist. The three version champion should look over his shoulder more often now, it is almost guaranteed that Duran’s revenge will be swift and violent!

M5IDWvcBa9o0qrxGQDi70E7h4vhQthd2FXLcHB-F

Bread and Circuses!

And perhaps the biggest news item coming out of the last Azteca episode is an MLW debut of the one and only… Psycho Clown!

Regarded by many as ‘the ace of lucha libre’, Psycho is determined to grow his brand outside of dear Mexico. ‘Totalmente Payaso’ signed a deal with MLW to explore the US indy scene and get involved in the most exciting and competitive luchas in history. Cesar Duran likely paid a lot of cash to Penas to get the services of the biggest draw in AAA, and it would be wise of ‘El Jefe’ to use Psycho as one of his top attractions. The beloved clown has made a good impression so far, beating Richard Holliday in a fairly short match.

Rumors are flowing that this signing was lobbied by one of the most influential business partners of ‘El Jefe’...

Prediction Contest

1) Hollywood 5/9

2) Kanegan 5/9

3) Dawn 4/6

4) Wrestling Machine 2/3

5) Old School Fan 1/3

Hollywood and Kanegan are tied for now, but there will be a chance to take the lead after the upcoming episode of MLW Fusion! 

I hope Hollywood likes my way of introducing Psycho Clown, which was his objective following his score in the last prediction contest. I would also like to thank DarK_RaideR and Kanegan for nominating this diary for DOTM, and express my gratitude to 619 and monrapi3 for giving me their vote! It’s a packed field, so even being involved in the contest is great!

See you tomorrow for another Fusion preview!

Edited by Blodyxe
  • Like 2

6lgrArF2PTImIU8BZ3I-qbcQIpd0gyjWnvicgmOv

MLW Fusion #149

While Cesar Duran is busy as a bee in Mexico, the Fusion brand is delegated to an unknown special guest General Manager… Dirt sheets report that it is not a former MLW boss Court Bauer, nor is it a part-time executive producer Salina de la Renta! Who is it?

oMHbAZxdUgy_-8ZdwpzAby4799dMbGr5cnsu9zZkASaQyPMonJdmChE7eVVAxsSeLA_Y4bOXrqjA77uMpnPewRXHn7_6QZI6iUfU_tr5q1QXonzZUwcLxZbS

5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z

CIJIyRMlLDYRE6B04ScjRrPSM73-SLYAJdVOHvHGO7-W5XIOdm8kCVv3HRSqH4KaeJoLv9r7kGwRgros7DeUb_GCVjWcKKZRf33xmb6RW2Y3DteMnghlDnkR

Team Sea Stars & Willow Nightingale vs. Top Dogs & Zoey Skye

Ashley Vox

Delmi Exo

Willow Nightingale

Davienne

Skylar

Zoey Skye

5' 3"

5' 7"

5' 6"

Height

5' 0"

5' 3"

5' 0"

114 lbs

154 lbs

183 lbs

Weight

136 lbs

130 lbs

99 lbs

Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Franklin Square, New York, USA

Hometown

Rutland, Massachusetts, USA

Pennsylvania, USA

Lordstown, Ohio, USA

Regular

Regular

Regular

Style

Regular

Entertainer

Regular

Fish On A Hook

Exocution

Moonsault

Signature Move

Gatekeeper Lariat

The Soda Jerk

Acid Drop

In the opening contest of the evening, Team Sea Stars align with the bubbly Willow Nightingale to wrestle Zoey Skye and The Top Dogs! The fan favorites are not in the title picture currently, as all three were terrorized by Holidead, who’s emerging as the top contender in the women’s division. When it comes to Davienne, Skylar and Zoey Skye, it may be their last opportunity to impress…

Zs57-h3YUycr458RLZ5thEtG5LwjhXspcw9UzQif 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z w6AJm-UmRN-HLPni59tzICU73zezDTByG6uPNS2o

Alex Kane vs. WARHORSE

Alex Kane

WARHORSE

5' 11"

Height

5' 100"

238 lbs

Weight

>4000 lbs

Villa Rica, Georgia, USA

Hometown

St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Technician

Style

Entertainer

Mark of Kane

Signature Move

Diving Foot Stomp

Then we have a singles match between ‘The Suplex Assassin’ Alex Kane and ‘The Ruler of A$$’ WARHORSE. One man is as serious as one can be, and the other one claims to be 3000 pounds of pure heavy metal energy. Alex will be looking to bounce back after falling down to Calvin Tankman at Blood and Thunder, while the indy sensation WARHORSE is still looking for his first victory in MLW.

rkbXx14mAnp8Yeapn5nkq68CQMn3og_JiZdgWPIP 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z XalIx7x4eQSoEG66eHhL8wUFqsRub-XOiHxt07lu

Andrew Everett vs. Calvin Tankman (c)

Andrew Everett

Calvin Tankman

7’4’’

Height

6' 2"

528.5 lbs

Weight

354 lbs

Grenoble, France

Hometown

New Castle, Indiana, USA

Giant

Style

Brawler

Chokeslam

Signature Move

Tankman Driver

Speaking of Calvin Tankman, ‘The Heavyweight Hustle’ returns to in-ring action this week, defending his newly won title against Andrew Everett. Everett worked for companies such as IMPACT, ROH, AAA, PWG, CZW as an exciting cruiserweight competitor, but recently he started talking about actually being a son of Andre The Giant and being 7’4’’... Like WARHORSE, Everett is a fun guy to watch, but he might be talking a bigger game than he can handle. This will be Calvin's first title defence!

gtCZ38tUQR1mMA165RyAkXCmgQr7b-PhTXcYkexC 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z 0w4BmUVy-ed68o456icJQLHzNWX-Q2ULLk3UBuXm

Davey Richards vs. Simon Gotch

Davey Richards

Simon Gotch

5' 8"

Height

6' 1"

202 lbs

Weight

220 lbs

Othello, Washington, USA

Hometown

Santa Rosa, California, USA

Technician Striker

Style

Technician

DR Driver

Signature Move

Permanent Solution

And finally, the main event of the night stands out from the rest of the card, as Davey Richards and Simon Gotch will clash in a battle of two serious grapplers. Both men have the fighting skills and the hunger to prove that they still have what it takes to be the top guys in Major League Wrestling. ‘The American Wolf’ crossed paths with ‘The Gentleman Bruiser’ inside the War Chamber, and that time Davey’s team toppled CONTRA. Can Gotch fix that result and derail Davey’s momentum ahead of the Opera Cup?

_w3hn3Yvg6drP2WDV4XRKq_mnThHWg2bxZ75fz2i

Fusion 149 Prediction Key

Sea Stars and Willow Nightingale vs. Zoey Skye and Top Dogs

Alex Kane vs. WARHORSE

Andrew Everett vs. Calvin Tankman © - MLW National Openweight Championship Match

Edited by Blodyxe

• 2 weeks later...

MLW Fusion

PiuXVYuOzXuunau6d8zCdljunrc9anWGjiLBhDGl

Episode #149

Taped for Vice TV in Tri State
Aired on Week 2, December 2021
Announce Team: Dave Prazak, Rich Bocchini and Jared Saint Laurent

The show starts with a recap of last week’s Fusion results. ACH, Lee Moriarty and TJ Perkins qualified for the Opera Cup by beating KC Navarro, King Mo and Matt Cross respectively. We then get to see the highlights from the tournaments held in the past years. ‘Filthy’ Tom Lawlor is the current holder of the prestigious trophy and would have to do something miraculous to defend the cup.

It is going to be a one night tournament, a real test for every participant…

After the cold opening and Fusion intro, we are greeted by the announce team of Rich Bocchini and Jared Saint Laurent. They hype up tonight’s matches and wonder who is in charge of tonight’s show. Backstage workers have seen a black Cadillac rolling into the arena earlier today, and the number plates suggest that it is not ‘El Jefe’. The commentators are interrupted by the arrival of Jordan Oliver!

x43byCZZVKwT-YqcgU7ZwtbuvaKGBaVICGUy-qZ9

‘The Clout Cutter’ comes out to the ring in an orange robe, carrying a huge sign that says ‘Criminally Underrated #Injustice’... Oliver snatches the mic from the ring announcer and starts whining about being denied a match on Fusion. 

He thought ‘El Jefe’ loved violence, and he could bring it in spades if booked against Alex Colon! Next week it’s going to be Fusion #150, and he wants to be booked for it. He will sit in the middle of this ring until he gets the match. He doesn’t care if that means some people will have no air time, he is essentially hijacking the show.

He sits there for a solid minute, being booed by the fans, and out comes the MLW National Openweight champion, Calvin Tankman! ‘The Heavyweight Hustle’ is scheduled to defend his title tonight, and he doesn’t appreciate Jordan stealing everyone’s time, as well as putting the whole show in jeopardy.

XalIx7x4eQSoEG66eHhL8wUFqsRub-XOiHxt07lu

Listen, you’re starting to get on my nerves. At first you were just annoying, but after you mocked me for being a young father, I wanted to slap your mouth! Luckily for you, Myron was there to stop me. Now there’s no Reed, and no boss. So you better get the hell out!

Oliver mimics Scott Hall’s finger wiggling, as if he was scared of Tankman’s threats. But Calvin wasn’t bluffing, he throws a Backfist at Jordan, who ducks and hits Tank with an Enzughiri! Calvin concedes a Superkick and Oliver signals for the Springboard Cutter… but Calvin catches him with an elbow!! Oliver rolls out of the ring and backs away from Tankman, but his escape route is blocked by… NZO!?

He's running back and forth on the ramp, getting a good reaction from the crowd. Tankman and Oliver are both surprised by the arrival of the former WWE Superstar. 

6wd0fzR26YJuCQiv-olDWYRtJRvqrERKSINux-_C

BADA BOOM, REALEST GUY IN THE ROOM! To those living under a rock, my name is nZo. I’m a Certified G, and a Bonafide Stud… but you can call me simply ‘The Real 1’! I grew up a block away from hell, and my pop-pop was a chef in Hell's Kitchen. We’re open 24/7, and I'm cooking on the stove aaaaall day, how you doin?! I never tried to be the next Hulk Hogan. I was always trying to be the next Vince McMahon. So now I put the ‘G’ in ‘GM’!

Is nZo really our General Manager? Jordan wants to say something, but he’s hushed down.

My mans, I like your first name, but if you ain’t talking money, then your talking don’t matter, capiche? Luckily for you, I can smell some money in the match you ‘ave suggested. MLW Fusion 150, Colon vs. Oliver, hardcore rules! Consider it done. And when it comes to the champ, look what I have ova here… the last golden ticket to the Opera Cup! I don’t need it, Imma made guy, so how ‘bout a ‘Beat The Clock Challenge’ between you and ‘The Suplex Assassin’, Alex Kane? Should you both win, the man who does it faster will get the paper!

Calvin says ‘let’s do it’ and nZo sends out his opponent - Andrew Everett. The debutant steps over the ropes as if he was an actual giant, and yells about how he is going to win the Openweight title, get the ticket to the Opera Cup, and beat everyone for that trophy! 

Ok, big man… bring it!

zrG5vwZbIAtglpO2-EcQKHHYcDdpwYj8teq42Y3L

JoPlmvxlk_GCgI2UXRENk1Dj6HuB4sypvhG-RA3e

MLW National Openweight Title Match

rkbXx14mAnp8Yeapn5nkq68CQMn3og_JiZdgWPIP 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z XalIx7x4eQSoEG66eHhL8wUFqsRub-XOiHxt07lu

Andrew Everett vs. Calvin Tankman (c)

‘The Giant’ offers Tank a test of strength and somehow loses it. Isn’t he supposed to be 528 pounds? Andrew doesn’t let that start embarrass him, and picks up the pace, ducking Calvin’s shots and prepping a big move… but he gets POUNCED out of the ring!

Tankman is not playing around. 

A few nasty chops make Everett’s chest red, but he has some fighting spirit and answers with a few punches. Andrew gets back in the ring and hits a Suicide Dive, but the champ barely moves. The high flying giant bounces off him like a rubber ball from the wall! They are back in the ring, and Tank manhandles Everett with a few Biel Throws. Andrew hits the advancing Calvin with a Gamengiri and launches himself into the air… BUT GETS ROCKED WITH A ROLLING BACK ELBOW!

SHORT ARM LARIAT MAKES THE GIANT DO A BACKFLIP!!

Сalvin covers the guy… but he kicks out at two!? How did he do that? Everett is on wobbly feet, throwing elbows at a puzzled champion. Out of desperation, Andrew goes for a high risk Springboard Moonsault! TANKMAN DRIVER! Calvin catches the giant in the air and plants him with his finishing maneuver! ‘The Heavyweight Hustle’ retains his title and sets a solid time!

Calvin Tankman def. Andrew Everett in 05:38 by pinfall with a Tankman Driver. [42/100] 

Alex Kane will have to bring his A game to snatch the Opera Cup ticket from Calvin Tankman…

Champ says he’s coming for the trophy, everyday he’s hustlin! Tankman’s celebration is interrupted by CONTRA! Josef Samael is in a great mood, licking his chops at the prospect of invading a leader-less Fusion. He dedicates most of his speech to Davey Richards!

0IEErlM_Ru1PwrsK9TxBm7XJADaPDcs7AX2rCBpL

Davey Richards... You made a big mistake when you entered the War Chamber. TYPICAL AMERICAN BEHAVIOR!! Tonight you will regret returning to professional wrestling and stepping foot on our territory... ‘The Black Hand of CONTRA’ has choked the life out of ‘The Samoan Werewolf’ Jacob Fatu. And tonight Simon Gotch will open a hunting season on ‘The American Wolf’!! We will SHOOT you down and beat you into submission until you say… HAAAAIIIL COOOOONTRAAAAA!!

Big words from Josef Samael! Coming up next though, is the trios match in the MLW’s women’s division. Team Sea Stars and Willow Nightingale have had an up-and-down time in the standings so far, and will be looking to get a victory over Zoey Skye and Top Dogs, who reside at the bottom of the power rankings. Dave Prazak joins the commentary for this match!

AYCnrur8qQVhoHSK78_ou9d3BG6V8CYA7P2WUCdy

Trios Match

oMHbAZxdUgy_-8ZdwpzAby4799dMbGr5cnsu9zZkASaQyPMonJdmChE7eVVAxsSeLA_Y4bOXrqjA77uMpnPewRXHn7_6QZI6iUfU_tr5q1QXonzZUwcLxZbS

5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z

CIJIyRMlLDYRE6B04ScjRrPSM73-SLYAJdVOHvHGO7-W5XIOdm8kCVv3HRSqH4KaeJoLv9r7kGwRgros7DeUb_GCVjWcKKZRf33xmb6RW2Y3DteMnghlDnkR

Team Sea Stars & Willow Nightingale vs. Top Dogs & Zoey Skye

The fans are firmly on the side of the bubbly trio, who start the match with a lot of energy.

Zoey Skye uses her experience and agility to catch Willow off guard, but she doesn’t have the power to pin her down. Top Dogs demand a tag and double team Ashley Vox, who fights from underneath. She might not be the biggest, but she has a big heart! 

mTUtFdPpOGeyHmJQuiZnx8FHFsJ1W5oDgNaYLqjn

Dave Prazak takes his time to talk about the division as a whole, saying that Marina Shafir’s behavior is disappointing, and her attack on Chik Tormenta is currently under investigation. Prazak also adds that Holidead can be considered the main contender for the title, especially if Willow and Sea Stars would lose tonight. He said those words just at the time when Ashley ducked the lariat and gave a hot tag to her sister! Delmi comes in hot, hitting everyone with rapid strikes and nails a Tornado DDT on Zoey Skye!

Tag to Willow, Sea Stars nod to each other and hit Stereo Plancha Suicidas on Top Dogs! 

Willow climbs up top and hits a Moonsault on Zoey to get the three and the victory!

Willow Nightingale and Sea Stars def. Top Dogs and Zoey Skye in 06:29 when Willow defeated Skye by pinfall with a Moonsault. [36/100]

This should improve Willow’s positioning in the rankings! Zoey Skye was crushed by that Moonsault and looks like Top Dogs will beat her up for costing them a match… but they change their minds when Holidead crawls from under the ring! 

She circles around Skye, but Willow overcomes her fear of the darkness and steps up to protect the woman she beat a few minutes ago. Holidead cackles and goes for a sucker punch, but Nightingale catches her with a Fisherman Suplex!! Way to go! Holidead slithers out of the ring and Sea Stars raise the arms of Willow, who’s stock in the business is rising day by day.

Meanwhile Alex Kane is warming up for his match with WARHORSE, who’s listening to rock and roll on full volume. Kane tells the little man to turn that s--- off, but WARHORSE doesn’t hear him. Alex then jumps the ‘Ruler of A$$’ from behind and trashes his audio system. This is a smart strategy for the ‘Beat The Clock’ challenge! Their match is next, and Kane just gave himself a massive advantage.

xY5GZhWGs_xFdoer6UJV-1DjI7cuuEFwMsqZwd3nDAxnVxmq6EwOElEyX5aKdh0mEP7OYnspSiktq0tVk6jsLYKuE-UE80gGHvEZOCwVj6TKgBB8c0GwKFpv

But before we get to this match we see a promo from Von Erichs!

Marshall is still recovering after he was attacked by 5150, so Ross will team up with his father Kevin Von Erich. His Iron Claw is still able to crash an apple! All three are excited to at the Opera Cup supershow. They just found they will defend their titles against another wrestling family, as Ricky Morton of the Rock N’ Roll Express joins forces with his son, Kerry Morton. Von Erichs welcome Mortons in MLW, and reveal that they’re coming to Charlotte not only with MLW world tag team titles! Stay tuned.

When we’re back, Alex Kane is already standing in the ring, goading for WARHORSE to hurry his scrawny a*s up. Perhaps ‘The Suplex Assassin’ overdone his pre-match prep and made the indy sensation unavailable for this bout? A minute passes by, and finally the little viking stumbles out from the back. He’s a lot of things, but quitters isn’t one of them! Ring the bell!

7-fTo_6e2pLeN8XxiB-RLT0RduC5T4eWuE6XJdEY

‘Beat The Clock’ Challenge

Zs57-h3YUycr458RLZ5thEtG5LwjhXspcw9UzQif 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z w6AJm-UmRN-HLPni59tzICU73zezDTByG6uPNS2o

Alex Kane vs. WARHORSE

As you could expect, Alex goes to work right off the bat. He grabs WARHORSE and throws him around the ring!

An Overhead Belly-to-Belly Suplex is a thing of beauty, and the underdog is writhing in pain as things go to the beat of Alex Kane. He’s signaling for his finishing move, the Ripcord Olympic Slam, but WARHORSE spins out of it and attempts a German Suplex!

Alex easily stuffs it and shows WARHORSE how it’s done with a Spinout Suplex! 

BNaPw48ZOtOpn_qn_NTBfvQ4zZd2L23jji9iLOH2

One… two… three… four German Suplexes! Kane is showing off, and that may cost him.

He puts down his straps and says it’s over, but WARHORSE holds on to the ropes like his life depends on it! He hits his head in the turnbuckles for the psyche up and jumps up when Alex tries to hit him with a corner shoulder block! Huge miss may cost him! WARHORSE with a Double Foot Stomp to the back of Kane, and he covers him! One… two… NO! So close, and yet no luck.

WARHORSE looks at the timer and goes on the top rope for a Diving Elbow… but Kane follows him there and hits the guy with a MASSIVE OLYMPIC SLAM! WARHORSE flew over so far that Kane had to crawl in order to pin him, and that cost him valuable seconds. One-two-three, but it’s not enough! Calvin gets the last ticket and will take part in the Opera Cup.

Alex Kane def. WARHORSE in 05:40 by pinfall with a Top Rope Olympic Slam. [37/100]

Realizing that he was just seconds away from participating in the most prestigious tournament in MLW, Kane starts yelling at the ref, blaming him for the slow count. The graphic appears on screen, confirming all eight contestants. Tom Lawlor, Richard Holliday, TJP, ACH, Alex Shelley, Lee Moriarty, Calvin Tankman and Davey Richards, who will compete in tonight’s main event.

The brackets will be revealed next week, on Fusion #150!

6sqVN9spaTnxAPvMfdpN0KFHpiv66_HQYfZ8VuGA

Speaking of that show, Alex Colon and Jordan Oliver will have a hardcore match, Marina Shafir will make her return from suspension, nZo will make his debut, and Jacob Fatu will get a rematch against Mads Krugger… and now it is time for the main event! It’s Gotch versus Davey Richards, and nZo will be a special guest announcer for this fight.

‘The Real 1’ likes to run his mouth, and he does just that, throwing shade at Simon Gotch. 

Simon Gotch STILL has a pair of titties like a 65 year old woman… how you doin?

Just as he drops this line, the CONTRA fighter is making his entrance. He’s not wearing a singlet anymore, God bless him, and he jaw jacks with ‘The Real 1’ before entering the ring. The wolf howls, and Davey Richards makes his way, determined to get a victory heading into the Opera Cup. No black and yellow soldiers in the ring right now, could we can expect some clean wrestling here?

Ef0iXauoXZzz3wSp1o5bjne12lO-OL60TBlwB-LL

Singles Match

gtCZ38tUQR1mMA165RyAkXCmgQr7b-PhTXcYkexC 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z 0w4BmUVy-ed68o456icJQLHzNWX-Q2ULLk3UBuXm

Davey and Simon have a lock up, and engage in a good old trade of holds. Gotch has a bit more size, and he uses it to his advantage, but Richards has the intensity, and he escapes the hold, answering with some kicks.

It’s a snug fight, and the kicks get stronger. Gotch blocks one of them and attempts a double leg takedown, but Richards transitions it into a pin. The mat wrestling is top notch from these two, they are matched pretty evenly. Davey uses his pace and athleticism to turn the match in his favor, hitting Simon with a Missile Dropkick! Gotch rolls out of the ring to recover, and is distracted by nZo.

Not the time to let the eyes off Richards, he hits Simon with a Suicide Dive!

Davey throws Gotch in the ring and howls, looking for a Double Foot Stomp… Simon gets back on his feet and stops the top rope move. Superplex, old school as you like! Richards lands awkwardly on his arm, and Gotch works over it for a few minutes. He’s relentless and focused, even with nZo talking mad trash behind the commentator’s table. Armbar is locked in Davey, but he gets to the rope to break it up… Cobra Clutch! Richards uses his legs to push himself out of the corner and try to pin Gotch a la Bret Hart!

Simon pulls his shoulder from the mat. Davey puts him in the Ankle Lock, Gotch pushes him away, but Davey returns with a PK!

mbAgpJfV-nR49wUnF9CK4D9Lq31-XAnN3igNlcJd

BAM! Richards unloads Kawada Kicks on his opponent!! He picks Gotch and nails him with a Brainbuster!!

One, two, Simon puts his foot on the rope. Davey smells blood and grabs that leg, locking Gotch in the Ankle Lock! He’s in deep trouble, and nZo mocks Gotch, telling him to tap out like a lil bish he is. HERE COMES CONTRA! Mads Krugger, Ikuro Kwon, Daivari and Josef Samael crash the scene and throw the main event out, stomping Davey Richards into the ground.

Davey Richards def. Simon Gotch in 12:38 by DQ after CONTRA attacked Richards. [38/100]

The fans wanted to see a clean finish, so they’re naturally upset. Josef Samel mocks nZo, saying he won’t be able to do JACK---! ‘The Bonafide Stud’ holds his hands up, admitting that he won’t be able to take on CONTRA… but someone else would!

tThuUCl9XqWWprzMFvr-slpTh7-RMsy65t30uZHgoBV_QBe4KkopECk0yHHxKS563W386qMLy5winVMBfsgKyec7-l9AI_lvv1CXK6NCVXiThUogo_jOAaS-

JACOB FATU IS HERE, AND HE HAS SOME BACKUP!! 

‘The Samoan Werewolf’ is flanked by two other men that look like they could be related to the former MLW world champion! Fatu has those crazy eyes and jumps into the ring to have an all out brawl with his former partners in crime! Fatu headbutts Krugger, while his guys dump Kwon and Daivari out of the ring. 

Samael escapes the field of battle, and Davey Richards gets a modicum of revenge, hitting Creeping Death on Gotch! Fatu tells CONTRA to bring it, but the shady group has other plans. Jacob doesn't hold back in his words as we go off air!

Final Rating

Edited by Blodyxe

76ecDdn.jpg

MLW Azteca #15

Azteca shows are always wild and unpredictable, but this week promises to be extra chaotic!

Last week we went off air after Bandido stole ransom money for Hammerstone from Cesar Duran. ‘El Jefe’ had a temper tantrum in the middle of the ring and said that Bandido will pay for crossing him over. The boss also didn’t forget about Alex Hammerstone and Texano, who both escaped from the underground confinement. Duran’s ‘s---list’ is growing with each episode, and that’s why we can expect even more violence and turmoil inside ‘The Temple’ than usual. That's why MLW’s second brand lines up three PPV-caliber matches!

Let's get down to the business then, what do we have in store this time?

SrH80J8HJfRnyrW8T2vcFxNhDbypnFszeiX1vkzD

67Cd8eZj6B-EwVgO0H9H_hJ9AKzo7RsURnDuKHpM ing4LkjQg7ysUQQXnyJLJyMtANDCvJNZrFkm2Kt4 v0yTUt1RKiqsXa1BUuwpBUnjISIfbxezJdYjoR4U

Steve Pain vs. Bandido

Steve Pain

Bandido

5’10″

Height

5' 7"

202 lbs

Weight

183 lbs 

Los Angeles, California, USA

Hometown

Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico

Power Wrestler

Style

Lucha Libre

Pain Killer

Signature Move

21 Plex

After stealing from the main man, ‘The Most Wanted’ faces one of El Jefe’s bootlickers. Steve is a tough son of a gun, always wielding a trusty wrench in his dirty hands. Steve can expect a nice bonus if he ‘roughs up’ the triple champion, but that’s a tough ask, as Bandido is possibly the most talented luchador in the world right now. Let’s see how good he really is!

2T_rmuVhUhcanYhekPLOJsgBYhAkPDhI3TQJ1-CclxJxPeAnn3LeWiJ7qehO2x_QAdS33F07M86hblII ing4LkjQg7ysUQQXnyJLJyMtANDCvJNZrFkm2Kt4 bw6M1UTKHldto9xHrnOZUDGPsz7NNolI4_EJAp9djd_0DUSDFg5tIqGiLRGDwXx19nd3BWq97gKJI6oZ

Texano and Alexander Hammerstone vs. Black Taurus and Pagano

Texano

Alexander Hammerstone

Black Taurus

Pagano

5' 9"

6’2″

Height

5' 10"

6' 3"

220 lbs

251 lbs

Weight

210 lbs

233 lbs

Mexicali, Baja California

Phoenix, AZ

Hometown

Parts Unknown

Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico

Brawler

Power Wrestler

Style

Luchador

Psychopath

Powerbomb

Nightmare Pendulum

Signature Move

Taurus Driver

Air Raid Crash

And how do you like this match? Four fierce powerhouses with decent brawling abilities and tons of pent up aggression all going into battle! Hammer and Texano were forced to spend some time together in a cell, right across the bellowing Taurus, so they might have some chemistry. Duran’s resident monster Taurus looked unstoppable so far, and Pagano has the wildcard factor to make an upset!

6lFsYiXTEn23n9ZqcWrMxgtghsXqdTz_2E2gKZaj ing4LkjQg7ysUQQXnyJLJyMtANDCvJNZrFkm2Kt4 io0w4F4b64MMLnjk2fDK2F_XXblOdKtTytqMaLiC

Marty ‘The Moth’ vs. King Muertes

Marty ‘The Moth’

King Muertes

6' 2"

Height

6' 0"

218 lbs

Weight

244 lbs

La Jolla, California, USA

Hometown

Mexico City, Mexico

Psychopath

Style

Powerhouse

Curb Stomp

Signature Move

Flatliner

This match has been brewing for a few weeks now, with Marty dying to meet ‘The Man of 1000 Deaths’, no pun intended! Moth stole Piedra Immortal from Muertes and kept it in his ‘special place’ until the former IWA Caribbean champion unleashed hell on Marty to get it back and bring Catrina back to life! Muertes and Moth have never met each other in a singles match, so this will be a huge hit among Lucha Underground fans. Something tells us that this main event will be unhinged, just like its participants.

Azteca Prediction Key

Bandido vs. Steve Pain

Hammerstone and Texano vs. Pagano and Black Taurus

King Muertes vs. Marty ‘The Moth’

Prediction Contest

1) Hollywood 9/13

2) Kanegan 9/13

3) Dawn 4/6

4) Wrestling Machine 2/3

5) Old School Fan 1/3

It’s been some time! Lots of power outages at my place, and when the lights are on, I don’t always feel like writing. But we’re here now, and I’ll start working on this Azteca episode soon. Thanks for dropping by, see you in a bit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

MLW Azteca

JYGBggN5lCoc7YfUoPy_FqbU9RNqv8WZVYlXQVVE

Episode #15 - "Hammer and Tongs"

Taped for El Rey Network

in Noroccidente, Mexico

Aired on Week 3, December 2021

Announce Team: Konnan and Matt Striker

k2TuajnkfHfCvh_4zaFb6Oblr60V-OO5Y3rDu7y1

Earlier in the day Bandido is strolling through the streets of Tijuana, money sticking out of his pockets. Kids are following him, either asking for an autograph or cash. ‘The Most Wanted’ luchador is not a greedy man, so he ‘makes it rain’ on his little fans, making them scream even louder. Bandido now enters the arena’s parking lot...

lJrOZTLNPTTt3J0JG18w7b3Gim9uyIIkDH-dVmKp

*Record scratch*

Steve Pain hits Bandido in the head with a wrench and starts looking for some dinero, but finds just a few coins! Bandido stole from El Jefe only to give that dough to the poor. ‘The Mechanic’ spits on the ground and says he will take care of Bandido later tonight! 

The kids look sad that their favorite luchador is knocked out, and run away after Steve yells at them…

Konnan and Matt Striker, who once again fills in for the injured Famous B, welcome us to the show after the intro!

Last weeke have witnessed the debut of Psycho Clown, an amazing match between AR Fox and Demonic Flamita, plus main event shenanigans involving The Dynasty, Cesar Duran, Pagano and Bandido. The luchador has robbed 'El Jefe' and escaped the arena unscathed, but that could change today, as Bandido is booked in a tough opening match against Steve Pain.

Konnan: Taking money from Cesar is like taking candy from a baby... Too easy, fam.

Striker: Either way, you don't want to cross the boss. Melissa, please, take us away!

Melissa Santos gives Bandido a loud and enthusiastic introduction. He's holding to a gash on his head, but still claps hands with the fans. Steve looks fresh, hungry and ready to finish his handy work... RING THE BELL!

67Cd8eZj6B-EwVgO0H9H_hJ9AKzo7RsURnDuKHpM ing4LkjQg7ysUQQXnyJLJyMtANDCvJNZrFkm2Kt4 v0yTUt1RKiqsXa1BUuwpBUnjISIfbxezJdYjoR4U

Steve Pain vs. Bandido

The opening contest pits an ‘Underrated Superstar’ Steve Pain and the triple champion, ‘The Most Wanted’, Bandido!

The masked man starts the match with a few flashy moves, showcasing his talent and agility to those who have not seen him so far. Bandido is so fun to watch, and he picks up the pace, looking to end this match quickly… Swift Lariat from Steve!

The impact turns Bandido inside out! ‘The Mechanic’ grabs Bandido by the hair and yeets him across the ring a few times, showing that he has a power advantage over the muscular luchador. He lays some snug clubbing shots to Bandido’s back and combines that rugged style with some lucha libre trickery, looking to pin ‘The Most Wanted’ to the mat out of the blue.

Pain hits a Pop Up Cutter on Bandido and gets a very close two count!

nmq74VHMpezTCcTmJKn7O4FVJgne1XB8Hsn1AKpU
This is not the first time they are fighting, and perhaps Steve feels insecure, being overshadowed by Bandido who became such a big star in the last few years?” - wonders Striker.

Then Steve zeroes in on Bandido’s back, as if there was a literal ’bull’s eye’. Tilt-a-Whirl Backbreaker always looks fancy, but it feels rough for the fan favorite! People are firmly on the side of Bandido, and their energy helps the triple champion to hit three successive Hurricanranas on Pain, making him dizzy. Sunset Flip Bomb, Steve kicks out!

Bandido feels the momentum and catches ‘The Mechanic’ with a Crucifix Bomb!! One, two, NO! The magnificent bandit taunts Steve, and signals that he’s going for the kill… 21 PLEX for 3!!

Bandido def. Steve Pain in 07:19 by pinfall with a 21Plex. [57/100]

It wasn’t a walk in the park for Bandido, but at the end he stands tall!

The graphic shows us that Texano and Alex Hammerstone will take on Black Taurus and Pagano in a tag team match.

MRSia_I33yCPc17y-Q5I0pA6zlQO7FoGcsyzj9TIDF0dKk78rjzMUL0QQ4U65q19QscQtUJHowiSsuYZ

Richard Holliday goes to Duran who’s chatting with some guy, asking why he wasn’t put in the main event with Hammerstone? He had nothing to do with Bandido’s raid, and wanted the exchange to happen cleanly. Duran doesn’t believe him, and sarcastically assures Holliday that he’s given a night off following the brutal beating he suffered at the hands of Pagano. 

Holliday tells ‘El Jefe’ to cut the crap and fix the card! Cesar shrugs his shoulders and says the card is official, and if Richard doesn’t want to leave the arena on his own, he will be helped by Detective Ontiveros. Holliday says Duran will hear from his lawyer/father, which makes the main man chuckle. Holliday is taken 'into custody' and will not be a problem for Black Taurus and Pagano!

That match is up next!

IV8DZVyTb05VS4b9-qUPjeu9QOqPiw9EHyO53mOq

Alex Hammerstone makes his way out of the back first, and he looks much better. But something feels wrong about the dude, he’s missing something. The MLW World Heavyweight title! Alex grabs a mic and addresses Cesar Duran - he knows the title is in Duran’s noodle arms, and he wants to get it back! Texano also has a few words for the boss, but he just swears in Spanish, and he’s bleeped out, with Striker apologizing for the language of ‘Blue Collar Brawler’. 

Pagano appears with a sick smile on his face, mocking the buff dudes and waiting for his partner to join him. From the literal underground, ‘The Minotaur of Lucha Libre’... Black Taurus! Taurus sees Hammerstone’s red jacket and sprints right into action!!

2T_rmuVhUhcanYhekPLOJsgBYhAkPDhI3TQJ1-CclxJxPeAnn3LeWiJ7qehO2x_QAdS33F07M86hblII ing4LkjQg7ysUQQXnyJLJyMtANDCvJNZrFkm2Kt4 bw6M1UTKHldto9xHrnOZUDGPsz7NNolI4_EJAp9djd_0DUSDFg5tIqGiLRGDwXx19nd3BWq97gKJI6oZ           

Texano and Alexander Hammerstone vs. Black Taurus and Pagano

As expected, this match is not about hammerlocks or scientific mat wrestling. Just four buff dudes slapping meat!

Hammersone and Texano are not afraid of the scary duo and throw hands like there's no tomorrow. This is just the type of match where Pagano looks best, and he uses dirty boxing and underhanded tactics to survive the initial portion of the match. It quickly spills out to the outside, and 'The King of Hardcore' takes no time to get some weapons into the match.

He smacks Texano with a baseball bat and flings a chair into Alex. Taurus is no slouch too, and he takes out both men with a crazy Tornillo Splash to the outside! A wild flying bull and a violent clown, only in MLW! Pagano now sets up a board across the corner, and tells Taurus to spear Hammerstone through it! Alex anticipates this move and lifts the bull with a Military Press!! CRACK!!

The wooden panel breaks underneath the monster, Hammerstone picked Black Taurus as if he was a feather!! 

_L00wyvp5kMMQZwHZ2N-gn1Cucv6T-ONkCl3wVAx

Pagano can only look in disbelief and smacks the champ in the back. Cesar Duran shows up on the ramp and verbally berates the referee for not calling a DQ on Hammerstone! Ref says the boss himself talked about ‘relaxed rules’, but those apparently only apply when the rudos are in charge of the match. Pagano throws a chair, hitting Alex in the head, and shows that he didn’t HIT the man… 

The clown looks for skewers he will drive into Hammer’s forehead, but Alex overpowers him and lariats him over the rope! They spill to the outside, while Texano hits a dazed Taurus with a Leg Lariat! Cover… One, two… Cesar puts the massive foot of Taurus on the bottom rope to save the match! Texano is laughing, he should have seen it coming.

He takes his bull rope and tells Duran that he will whip the bull with it… SMACK!! Right across the back!

The ref decides he has seen enough and awards Taurus and Pagano a DQ victory. 

Pagano and Black Taurus def. Texano and Alex Hammerstone in 09:13 by DQ after Texano attacked Taurus with a bull rope. [58/100]

Texano has no care in the world for taking this type of loss, he doesn’t get any money from Duran anyway.

He smacks Taurus with a bull rope again and again, and the bull is making a scary growl. Lesser men would run away from the monster, but Texano continues peppering the back of Taurus who finally grabs the rope and looks at it before tearing it in half!!

Inhuman strength! Texano finally decides to take a step back, he’s in awe. Meanwhile, Pagano and Hammer are fighting all around the arena, and step behind the curtain still throwing haymakers.

Meanwhile Marty ‘The Moth’ is talking to himself in the bathroom mirror. He tries to psyche himself up and use self affirmation to overcome his nerves heading into this match. It’s just another fight, he got through things that were way worse… like childhood. Melissa Martinez is watching over her half-brother behind the door and giggles about the last remark.    

vz0mmjUFNi3CCXGe6d4z0Tn6NscEezqoDt9UI61aLFKczTj.jpg

Moth: You!! You said peeping on others wasn’t nice, and now you’re listening in on me! Hypocrite!

Melissa: Oh dear Marty… I’m not listening to your ramblings because you interest me. I’m just keeping an eye on you so nobody will get hurt. Huge difference, dummy!

Moth: Don’t… call me… dummy! You’re going to watch my match too, sis? Scared for what I’m going to do to Muertes!?

Melissa: No, not really. I hope he teaches you a lesson, and makes you suffer. 

Marty punches the wall and tells Melissa to leave him alone then! He will prove everyone wrong tonight! And if she doesn’t want to be helpful, he might acquire the services of Salina de la Renta. Melissa starts laughing and leaves, leaving Marty dumbfounded.

Not that far away Alicia Atout walks into Cesar’s office to find out about the whereabouts of Richard Holliday. ‘El Jefe’ is not in place, but his chair is occupied by a sultry woman clad in black colors. Catrina

uLjCKwjm77IDna4X7HgDkXIwEG69rhTenGRTMsSOtqpPBHv4av7lJTPOD1o_D3G-Tv716N1tJGmusn16    

Alicia: What are you doing here?

Catrina: Not very polite from you. I recommend you watch your tone next time... Or King Muertes will break your boyfriend in two.

Alicia: He’s not my boyfriend! 

This is where Cesar Duran comes in, and he looks excited to see two women argue.

Cesar: Aha! Two beautiful women fighting for my affection! Calm down, girls, there’s enough of ‘El Jefe’ for both of you… Ms. Atout, since you don’t have a boyfriend, maybe we could spend an evening together? Don’t say no, you will regret it.

Alicia: Ew… you make me sick. This will never happen.

Cesar: Oh, what a shame. I guess you don’t want to find out where Richard Holliday spent his last night, and where he will spend this one. Maybe it’s for the better, you wouldn’t like it.

Duran calls over his stooges and tells them to escort Atout out of his office, he has a business meeting with a much more beautiful woman. Catrina smiles, but doesn’t say anything. We go back to the ringside!

qrWdl4hSlNYXbb9xMDcP2bGKosw2PITCvXJw18-Q 

Salina de la Renta is walking to the ring using her cane, and she has a lot of things she wants to get off her chest. She’s very unhappy with a lot of things in MLW, and people that run it behind the scenes. Cesar Duran, and that snake that is sitting behind the desk!

Konnan.

Salina: I thought we could put our differences aside to achieve common goals, but clearly, your ego is too big, Konnan.

Konnan is not bothered, and he ignores Salina. Matt Striker tries to instigate something, but an unexpected guy steps out on the ramp with a mic. Amazing Red is here!

https://i.imgur.com/lm1UNTf.jpg

Red: Miss, I am not here to bicker, but… you made a match that ended the life of my mentor, Savio Vega. If it wasn’t for you, he would still be here, and the fact Low Ki possesses the title that belongs to Savio is a disgrace. That’s why I’m challenging him to a title match!

Salina laughs in Red’s face and tells him to leave while the grown ups are talking. Red doesn’t back down, and this infuriates de la Renta.

Finally, she gives in, and says Red will regret his decision, because he will be executed by ‘The Professional’... next week!

A stare down is interrupted by the arrival of King Muertes, who hates Konnan, Salina, and now probably Red, as he wants to win the title that ‘The Man of 1000 Deaths’ had around his waist. Marty The Moth is out next and he waves over to Salina, who is glad to manipulate this sicko for her own benefit. The battleground is set, and our main event of the night is on. RING THE BE--!!

MRSia_I33yCPc17y-Q5I0pA6zlQO7FoGcsyzj9TI

Wait a minute, the boss wants something to say. Since the last match ended in a non-decisive fashion, and the thief wasn’t punished in the opener, he will make sure Marty will not slither away. Don’t ever cross the boss, Marty… and this main event is now a HARDCORE MATCH!

6lFsYiXTEn23n9ZqcWrMxgtghsXqdTz_2E2gKZaj ing4LkjQg7ysUQQXnyJLJyMtANDCvJNZrFkm2Kt4 io0w4F4b64MMLnjk2fDK2F_XXblOdKtTytqMaLiC

Marty ‘The Moth’ vs. King Muertes

As soon as the bell rings both Marty and Muertes start an ugly brawl that resembles a hockey fight! Moth might be an underdog on paper, but he is not a small guy, so he can take and dish out some big boy shots!

What's even worse for Muertes - Moth enjoys this punishment... He's an all around sick guy. "The Man of 1000 Deaths" wastes no time and lariats Moth out of the ring. Marty is on all fours and at Catrina's feet. He gets choked with a cord and launched into ring steps!

Mil looks for weapons under the ring and smacks the slob with a cooking sheet and a trash can! Muertes is in total control and now he charges for The Reaper's Trident... stopped by a Bicycle Kick!

2fKV2WiWSlPd1ffxdoYqBhv24JLigLCoXipPchdl

Marty giggles, antagonizes Muertes and gives Catrina an air kiss in his own creepy style.

She's not having any of that, so Moth decides to hit a Curb Stomp on the exposed floor. One, two, no! Moth now goes for the mask and tries to bite Muertes on the forehead! Even Salina, who wants to see her ex-accomplice suffer, looks away.

Catrina raises the mysterious stone, giving her confidant a second breath! Powerslam! He mounts Moth and bashes his head on the mat, then goes up top and nails a rare Splash! Only for two! Now Salina interferes, talking trash to Muertes! Low blow!!

Moth picks up the chair where de la Renta sat, kisses it and bashes his opponent in the skull a few times!! He is ready to finish the match with a Butterfly DDT on the chair, but Catrina steps on the apron to stop him. Distracted Marty demands to be licked... but he gets nothing but a hellacious Spear through the table!! Mil sets up a chair and puts this one to bed, hitting Moth with a Flatliner!!

No standing up after that!

King Muertes def. Marty The Moth in 12:29 by pinfall with The Flatliner. [57/100]

Muertes brutalizes Marty and threatens to do the same to Low Ki! He points at Salina and tells her to step into the ring, but understandably, de la Renta says ‘no’. Konnan calls over his dogs! 5150 slide into the ring and attack Muertes three on one!

Ia_uZj_9XIkvgpDaRbo5uUPB9gdm02LCyEKke1wAdj-QHho9CTj1cFsCP2dg0KHBssPEUMGJ9c5zVoLwIGucuooQa5doUSAtrbKorNV1ifN6stGRvra1PYb0

Homicide, Slice Boogie and Danny Rivera are brushed aside at the beginning, but eventually they overwhelm ‘The Man of 1000 Deaths’ and stomp them into the mats with Catrina looking helplessly! And that's not all, folks. Low Ki comes out and circles around the ring, looking to strike Muertes with Double Foot Stomp... But 5150 attack him too!

GsfrNpB.jpgk9Eg4wx.jpg

"You're either with us, or you are against us, capiche?? Toss my salad and peel my potatoes, ORALE!!" - screams Konnan.

Low Ki and King Muertes, two blood sworn enemies are laying side to side on the mats, with K-Dawg and his gang closing the show.

The show is over, but we get a vignette with Famous B on the sofa.

dYGmgeImrGf7EyGtLBBxmNk4wNrqapK318lkpZQR

He’s in the cast, a neck protector, and in a lot of pain. There's a Stephen P. New commercial is playing on his screen too, and he tries to call Steve to take Cesar Duran and Black Taurus to court. Alas, the line is busy.

MAAAAA!! DROP THE PHONE! AND MAKE ME SOME TENDIES!!

No luck, Famous B gets no answers. Frustrated, he says ‘fine, I’ll do it myself!’ and slowly picks himself up only to fall back on his ass when he sees a few familiar faces barging into his living room. Beautiful Brenda greets B with her high-pitched voice…

DID SOMEONE CALL A DOCTOR!!!???? HEHEHEHEH!

A grizzled man crosses the arms on his chest, and looks over his former business partner.

qS1V3uRXUiNKHV88j6nIUWPzaMIcz8DdoFS-IKDS

BIEN-BIEN-BIEN!

Final Rating

Edited by Blodyxe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

6lgrArF2PTImIU8BZ3I-qbcQIpd0gyjWnvicgmOv

MLW Fusion #150

The go-home show before Opera Cup 2021 offers us a bunch of intriguing matches. 

In the main event of the anniversary show, Jacob Fatu will get his rematch against ‘The Black Hand of CONTRA’ Mads Krugger, and it is going to be a ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ match! This stipulation comes to MLW straight from Lucha Underground, the former stomping grounds of Cesar Duran. Be sure to check out the battle between Killshot and Marty The Moth to relive the heyday of The Temple and get a feel of what you can expect from Fatu and Krugger.

While Cesar Duran’s thirst for violence is second to none, he wasn’t very keen to approve the match between Jordan Oliver and Alex Colon, made by NZO. The former WWE superstar appeared last week as a special guest GM, and had the cheek to use his booking power to pencil himself in for the anniversary show. ‘The Real 1’ will address the MLW locker room, we are going to get some sort of an open challenge. NZO has a tenency to rub people the wrong way, so there might be a lot of eager guys in the back...

The show will also feature an official Opera Cup bracket draw, Marina Shafir’s return, plus pre-taped promos from the fighters that helped build the Fusion brand in the last few years. Everyone will try their hardest to make this a memorable show!

Prediction Contest

1) Hollywood 12/16

2) Kanegan 11/14

3) Dawn 6/9

4) MidKnightDreary 2/3

5) Wrestling Machine 2/3

6) Old School Fan 1/3

QXIbZ3-1msZgtLmHV2q2DnMBPiadY7sbeReswkzL

Fusion 150 Prediction Key

Jordan Oliver vs. Alex Colon - Hardcore Match

NZO vs. ???

Mads Krugger vs. Jacob Fatu - Weapons of Mass Destruction Match

Edited by Blodyxe

MLW Fusion

PiuXVYuOzXuunau6d8zCdljunrc9anWGjiLBhDGl

Episode #150

Taped for Vice TV in Tri State
Aired on Week 3, December 2021
Announce Team: Dave Prazak, Rich Bocchini and Jared Saint Laurent

The anniversary episode starts with a video involving some of the biggest moments in MLW’s renewed history. It all started in early 2018, with Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix wrestling in the first ever Fusion main event. 

We get to see some of the former stars that also went on to become ‘elite’ talents, like former champs Shane ‘Swerve’ Strickland and Maxwell Jacob Freedman. Video also highlights some of the biggest moments in careers of Low Ki, Tom Lawlor, L.A. Park and Jacob Fatu. The emergence of Alex Hammerstone and Myron Reed, our current champs, neatly rounds off a well put segment. 

Announcers wish that they’ll get to commentate 150 more episodes of Fusion, then run down the card, hyping the ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ main event between Jacob Fatu and Mads Krugger! We will have an official Opera Cup bracket reveal later on, but here's something that happened a few hours before the show.

9ntN6v4.jpgVqfWdF3JLQ7opf9IpP85CzWL3l13RNOW1DNEiDIwdWi3QL-EAKGDmx6Mi40CIP2PnkV6kQynhwp_npje

Tom Lawlor is walking through the parking lot only in his daisy dukes, but he has ‘Opie’ (a sentimental nickname given to the Opera Cup) wrapped in scarf and beanie hat that belonged to Kevin Ku and Dominic Garrini a few minutes ago. Lawlor says its flu season, so he can’t let his little friend get sick. A short comedy skit is no laughing matter for Violence Is Forever, who look fed up with Lawlor.

Time for the opening match - Jordan Oliver against Alex Colon! Jordan is talking to the camera on his way to the ring, calling himself 'criminally underrated', and then he is jumped from the back by his opponent. It is going to be a hardcore match, but Colon makes the most out of the surroundings before the match can even begin. Lots of weapons thrown in the ring, people in Philly certainly like that.

Hardcore Match

gxS-8FZo3fbhMNzIm9l9b9EYUmjVBRG51z9JYkSW 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z Z3FLQqu0_WyxcYbR6h-eAOUPoWfcLUl0BRR4Z691

Alex Colon vs. Jordan Oliver

Jordan Oliver is not a traditional babyface, but a vocal part of the crowd does identify themselves with ‘The Sauce God’.

He’s young, he’s dumb, and he’s effin broke, very relatable! Oliver fights from underneath and dropkicks the chair into Colon’s face to set up a WALE Driver that gives him a two count. Jordan’s Frog Splash gets nothing but knees, and Alex executes a Colon Driver, or simply a Package Piledriver… but Oliver puts his foot on the rope! He’s a lanky fella.

They trade wild punches, Alex misses with a Shuffle Kick, and Jordan catches the vet with a Clout Cutter to get a massive win!!

Jordan Oliver def. Alex Colon in 07:38 by pinfall with a Clout Cutter. (D+)

Oliver is looking worse for wear, but he gets a mic and demands to be recognized. Jordan says he was rudely interrupted, but nobody will ever shut him up! Jordan says that that ‘El Jefe’ loves violence, but for some reason he doesn't like him. What's the matter, El Jefe?

Jordan then challenges Calvin Tankman to an MLW National Openweight championship match when his fat !&$ is ready to get handled to him by ‘Mr. Big Breakfast’! Jordan and Calvin had a few arguments in the last few weeks, so this will be a heated match for sure.

Jordan Oliver is chased out of the ring by Homicide, the man who almost went for Jordan’s eye in the War Chamber match. He’s not really scared, but chooses not to take unnecessary damage and mock the veteran, who helps Colon get up.

fD26X59Xqoj5T_Whamq0PWA99UaGyg9Phgw-xiaf

Backstage Big Damo is looking for Alex Hammerstone. He’s sick and tired of waiting for his shot, and wants to confront the face of MLW right here and right now. He has no idea that Hammer is stuck in Mexico, and bullies smaller guys to ask where Alex is hiding. Damo can’t even find the boss, but continues to confront backstage workers until he walks into the locker room argument between ‘The Ruler of ***’ WARHORSE and ‘The Giant’ Andrew Everett, with both claiming to be super heavyweights…

rkbXx14mAnp8Yeapn5nkq68CQMn3og_JiZdgWPIPw6AJm-UmRN-HLPni59tzICU73zezDTByG6uPNS2o

Everett: I’m not scared of you, horsey, I’m a GIANT! A 7’4’’ wonder of the world, can’t you see?

WARHORSE: HAHAHA! THAT’S ROOKIE NUMBERS! WARHORSE WEIGHS OVER 4000 POUNDS OF PURE HEAVY METAL!

Damo tells them both to cut the crap, and that he can beat both of them at the same time in just a few minutes. WARHORSE and Everett size each other up, then look at Damo... and the challenge is accepted! That match will happen after a pre-recorded message.

Shane 'Swerve' Strickland on the line! The former world heavyweight champion says that MLW will always be Swerve's house, and that he digs what he sees on Fusion and Azteca. A lot of exciting talent and familiar faces he would like to mix it up with once again.

He adds that he may pay the league a visit in the near future, but only if 'El Jefe' grants him a unique opportunity... Swerve out!

The announce team wonders how cool it would be to have Swerve back in MLW, and hypes up tonight’s main event between Jacob Fatu and Mads Krugger. They are going to collide in a ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ match, a stipulation Strickland knows about all too well!

But right now we’re going to witness an impromptu handicap match between Big Damo and the super alliance of WARHORSE and Andrew Everett. The heavy metal machine and the the 7 foot wonder of the world are taking on the mean irishman...

Handicap Match

rkbXx14mAnp8Yeapn5nkq68CQMn3og_JiZdgWPIPw6AJm-UmRN-HLPni59tzICU73zezDTByG6uPNS2o 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z fD26X59Xqoj5T_Whamq0PWA99UaGyg9Phgw-xiaf

Andrew Everett and WARHORSE vs. Big Damo

The makeshift tag team of ‘bigger than life’ personalities gets a nice reaction from the crowd, but not from disgruntled Damo.

He runs through them like a tank and uses his superior brawling skills to dominate the contest. The highlight of the match is Damo catching a Crossbody from WARHORSE and then Everett, dropping them both on the mats with authority.

A huge Vader Bomb crushes the face-painted rockstar, and Andrew is dispatched with The Ulster Plantation!

Big Damo def. WARHORSE and Andrew Everett in 05:28 by pinfall with The Ulster Plantation. (D-)

The updated power rankings confirm that Big Damo is a top contender for Hammerstone’s heavyweight championship, but he won’t get the title shot immediately for one simple reason - Alex Hammerstone stays in Tijuana to have a Falls Count Anywhere match against the psychopathic Pagano. Whoever comes out of that bout with the belt will have to work extra hard to survive the wrath of Damo.

MLW AZTECA: ALEXANDER HAMMERSTONE VS. PAGANO - FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

And now it is time for a sit-down interview with MLW Women's champion Marina Shafir, hosted by Dave Prazak.

‘The Supernova from Moldova’ has been harrassed for her 'armbar incident' in Mexico, so she wants to address her critics once again. Marina says that everyone is wishing her bad things simply because those cowards are afraid to step in the ring with her. The calls to strip her off the title are ridiculous, and she has no intension of giving in to this ‘cancel culture’.

All those people only who abuse her have no idea who she is… THEY DON’T KNOW HER! But someone else does! 

jCJbua1bYbLF44bLWH13V9wG2PF_rmub32_1HI6pTqN0SOsYUAQItuTXnz0gN1yG603QvBFMzznsL6xy

Marina is confronted by her tag team partner Jessamyn Duke, who says that she knows Marina, but she doesn’t recognize her. Shafir scoffs at that, and says that if she wanted advice from a Twitch streamer, she would ask someone who is somewhat relevant.

‘The Horsewomen’ are butting heads, and pushes come to shoves. Marina asks if her friend wants to ‘go’, cause if she wants, she can give her a good excuse to sit at home and beg for donations from internet losers. Dave Prazak tries to diffuse the situation, but he needs some help from road agents before things can get ugly between former stablemates. Friendship goes out of the window!

6wd0fzR26YJuCQiv-olDWYRtJRvqrERKSINux-_C

Look who’s back! NZO is rocking a signature microphone and does his shuffle shtick wearing some leopard-printed Air Jordans.

He is all about that brag life, what else is new? ‘The Real 1’ booked himself for the anniversary show, even though nobody really wanted to see him wrestle. But he doesn’t care what the fans think, he’s a star and he does what he wants.

NZO: Imma made man, I don’t need no rub. But I’m feeling generous… and I can make people care about any jabroni for a cuppa coffee. When ya step in the ring with ‘The Real 1’, you get about five minutes of fame before you get knocked out silly, how you doin?

Bu Ku Dao, a 5'4'' combatant and a protege of Yoshihiro Tajiri answers the challenge! Big opportunity for the young guy.

Singles Match

eS5fRNrG9SIBRoUnKcW6FcI3dxhUEM_1ZVuqEi8t 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z 6wd0fzR26YJuCQiv-olDWYRtJRvqrERKSINux-_C

Bu Ku Dao vs. NZO

Despite his size, Bu Ku Dao is a gifted fighter, and he has enough talent to pull off an upset. He’s moving fast, he’s striking hard, and he ducks some hands from ‘The Real 1’! NZO talks trash, wastes time, and pushes the ref into the ropes to deny a high flying attack from the underdog. Dao crashes on the mats, and NZO picks up the scraps, finishing his opponent for an Eat Defeat!

NZO def. Bu Ku Dao in 03:29 by pinfall with an Eat Defeat. (D)

NZO makes the ref raise his hand, and steps over the fallen Bu Ku Dao like Allen Iverson stepped over Tyronn Lue.

A hype video for the upcoming Opera Cup super event precedes the official tournament draw. Eight men will contest for the prestigious trophy in a one night tournament. The field is PACKED with world class talent: Tom Lawlor, Alex Shelley, Davey Richards, ACH, TJ Perkins, Lee Moriarty and MLW National Openweight champ Calvin Tankman. Adjusted power rankings come into play to form a match bracket.

f9SWjttDu5Gmn5rP3_AWm91ONckBCTr05IYdSSk0

1. CALVIN TANKMAN

2. DAVEY RICHARDS

3. TOM LAWLOR

4. TJ PERKINS

5. ALEX SHELLEY

6. ACH

7. RICHARD HOLLIDAY

8. LEE MORIARTY

9. ALEX KANE

10. YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI

nJ8QFWiVP-yKn7p4gOFrau19Jg_DZzj9LV3gcW5y

Alex Kane and Tajiri are 'emergency' participants, and will not be involved in the tournament if everything goes smoothly.

tThuUCl9XqWWprzMFvr-slpTh7-RMsy65t30uZHgoBV_QBe4KkopECk0yHHxKS563W386qMLy5winVMBfsgKyec7-l9AI_lvv1CXK6NCVXiThUogo_jOAaS-

We're closing in on the main event, and Jacob Fatu cuts a little promo alongside his new brothers in arms - Lance Anoa’i and Juicy Finau.

Fatu reveals that when your life goes into the gutter, you can always count on your family, and that exactly what he did, uce. Now that someone can look over his back, he can get his hands on that big ol’ goof Mads Krugger in tonight’s ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ match and have no worry about those CONTRA goons! Lance and Juicy are very animated during the promo, but don’t get to say a thing...

0IEErlM_Ru1PwrsK9TxBm7XJADaPDcs7AX2rCBpLJUI2lIhyQXqjvla1csAWeVHO3tL-Kt5Ifd3NUJJd

Because the feed is hacked by Josef Samael. He laughs off the threats and calls Jacob an ungrateful swine! The black and yellow cabal of violence will eliminate Fatu tonight, and if he wants his family members to suffer too, he has no problems with that…

Mads will annhilate Jacob Fatu and destroy his career for good... HAAAAIIIIL COOOONTRAAAAA!!!

Weapons of Mass Destruction Match

Jo5G2yC9S-_xWjMTib4ozWF36FJ0y33uE8TX72Si 5FLuLI-U9gXmHl_L1ZfwaK-CDjWit2pvCwa-Pj-z Of2PwN5AfHIDSJcchUq2wvEtdWu0Pe7B4ukL2tB_

Mads Krugger vs. Jacob Fatu

The arena had been militarized before this chaotic main event!

The weapons of mass destruction are ready, and so are the combatants - they want to tear each other apart! A highly anticipated rematch between ‘The Black Hand of CONTRA’ Mads Krügger and ‘The Samoan Werewolf’ Jacob Fatu promises to be a certified slobberknocker.

The stipulation states that weapons are legal, there is no time limit, and that the ringside area has countless military crates containing all manner of plunder. Krügger and Fatu are no strangers to the art of hardcore and deathmatch and this one is particularly bloody! It most certainly ups the violence quota from their previous outings and offers a lot of creativity amongst the usual hardcore fare.

We saw a whole host of violent actions using batons, war clubs, chairs, tables, barbed wire, and even gasoline. Fatu tried to battle on with one working shoulder after an early match apron Ganso Bomb seemed to go wrong. He kept on swinging as The Sentai Death Squad set up a table and ladder around the giants. But much to Josef Samael’s dismay, this didn’t help Krügger.

Juicy Finau and Lance Anoai chased off CONTRA members and helped Fatu turn the match on its head. Mads was brained with a chair and fell through the table standing on the floor. Jacob Fatu then dragged him out of the wreckage and ended him with a Samoan Splash!!

Jacob Fatu makes it 1-1 with an emphatic aerial attack, and celebrates a huge victory with his siblings.

Jacob Fatu def. Mads Krugger in 18:37 by pinfall with a Samoan Splash off the ladder. (C-)

Final Rating

YoEoGXOufirj2_ZjpJIaWslBxCWJtd17X4PFvrIG

Edited by Blodyxe
  • Like 1

Yxlg83qHRmHxSmPjvIulIAOi8QDQA62vKKDHWHW-

MLW Opera Cup 2021 Preview

8-Man tournament includes Tom Lawlor, Richard Holliday, Davey Richards, TJ Perkins, Calvin Tankman, Lee Moriarty, ACH and Alex Shelley.

Major League Wrestling has announced the first round matches of The 2021 Opera Cup, pro wrestling’s oldest tournament dating back over a century. The one-night tournament will take place on Saturday, Dec. 18th at 2300 Arena in Philadelphia.

For this year’s Opera Cup, MLW assembled an incredibly diverse line-up of fighters and we will witness some of the most explosive match-ups the tournament has seen to date,” said MLW announcer Matt Striker.

IYsmOkA-bN0E3iXo9bbmnYmNV6WCgfOySAJbubq2

Upon returning the Opera Cup to the national spotlight, MLW contracted the craftsman behind maintaining the Stanley Cup to meticulously restore the original trophy to its original glory. Now modern Opera Cup winners are immortalized in plaques alongside legends like George Hackenschmidt, Stu Hart, Leo Pardello, William Muldoon and Waldek Zbyszko.

The historic event was held annually for nearly 50 years at renowned turn-of-the-century opera houses from New York to Boston, and became an annual tournament hosted exclusively by MLW in 2019. Davey Boy Smith Jr and ‘Filthy’ Tom Lawlor triumphed in the 2019 and 2020 editions of the tournament.

The odds on favorite to win the Opera Cup this year is non other than MLW’s National Openweight champion, Calvin Tankman.

Opera Cup Prediction Key

nJ8QFWiVP-yKn7p4gOFrau19Jg_DZzj9LV3gcW5y

QF1: Calvin Tankman vs. Lee Moriarty

QF2: TJ Perkins vs. Alex Shelley

QF3: Davey Richards vs. Richard Holliday

QF4: Tom Lawlor vs. ACH

MLW Women’s Championship Match

Marina Shafir (с) vs. Jessamyn Duke

###INTERMISSION###

SF1: Winner of QF1 vs. Winner of QF2

SF2: Winner of QF3 vs. Winner of QF4

MLW World Tag Team Championship Match

Mortons vs. Von Erichs (c)

Opera Cup 2021 Final

Winner of SF1 vs. Winner of SF2

leN1gQI.png

Pulp Fusion #5 - Opera Cup Special

XalIx7x4eQSoEG66eHhL8wUFqsRub-XOiHxt07lu

'HEAVYWEIGHT HUSTLE' CALVIN TANKMAN

"I've been in MLW for about a year now, and I made this place my own - I'm MLW's National Openweight champion. But if you know me, you know this is only the beginning. My eyes are set on the top prize, the top of the card, cause that's where all the money is. My goal is to win the Opera Cup, beat the main champ, and secure that bag for my family! Nobody can stop 'The Heavyweight Hustle'! I also have some news for my opponents in the Opera Cup... I'm putting this beauty up for grabs for each round to get that sweet bonus. But don't get too giddy - this gold is staying with me all the way through!"

WQDHGBSC2TCQgBw2zrCw7WbfgK4NKUGuI6FO3fzQ

'APEX OF COMBAT' LEE MORIARTY

"Tank! I respect you, my man. You're as tough as they come, and you set a great example for the locker room. But don't think this will be easy for you. I raised some eyebrows beating King Mo, and I'm ready to show everyone that this win wasn't a fluke! TAIGA STYLE is taking the league by storm, and who knows, maybe I'll be the NEW MLW National Openweight champ coming into 2023? Let the best man win!"

9ntN6v4.jpg

'FILTHY' TOM LAWLOR

"How am I only a third seed? I won the tournament last year, hello!? I should have been the first guy and get that cat Moriarty for an easy first round. And unlike Mo, I would totally make that guy tap out in the middle of the ring! Instead I get ACH, who I've beat in the semifinal last year. I'm having a deja vu... but maybe that's not a bad thing, cause I totally see myself winning the tournament again, keeping 'Opie' in the American Top Team trophy room, and reclaiming the world title! Bet your houses on me, nobody will beat me!"

Gv8EyrIV46CEqENtGINfrrB1IhLKDRALyd6vXSRU

'HUMAN VIDEO GAME HIGHLIGHT' ACH

So Tom Lawlor is my opponent again. He feels like an annoying mini-boss I have failed to beat the first time. But here's a fact - I'm not stopping until I get through and 'complete' the game. I'm going to speedrun this tournament and prove my critics wrong. Even if Lawlor gets his lackeys involved, it won't stop me! Remember one thing, and one thing only... ACH is SUPER!

NxB9QivKWQKcypFe5p_wiK5WNELM05VtnFI5RYnd

'THE AMERICAN WOLF' DAVEY RICHARDS

"Its a huge honor to be involved in the Opera Cup. So many legends have participated in it in the past... George Hackenschmidt, Stu Hart, Leo Pardello. I've returned to prove that I'm still one of the very best wrestlers in the world, and winning the Opera Cup will be a major statement. I have worked on my cardio, I'm getting back into my 'ring shape' wrestling on the independents. 'The American Wolf' might not be young, but he's as hungry as ever. The hunt begins now!"

DF0dKk78rjzMUL0QQ4U65q19QscQtUJHowiSsuYZ

'THE MOST MARKETABLE' RICHARD HOLLIDAY

"I've heard most sales pitches by now, and frankly, they bored me to tears. I deserve, I will win, I trained for this... just stop, ok? Nobody cares, Mowgli. But what consumers and consumerninos do care is the inevitable dream match between RIchard Holliday, the most marketable man in all of sports entertainment, and my good friend, 'The Beef Mountain' Alex Hammerstone. It's written in the stars! I've sent positive affirmations into the space, I've scouted my simpleton opponents, and I'm fueled by the most dynastic coffee, which by the way, you can order on my website. Honestly, I felt bad for my opponents at first, but they are going to get tons of social media impressions after they will go down to The Market Crash... Gotta go, I am a busy man. Order the show for a discount!"

FqaQVMjewIBwdFUAqI4rh4su2xJ6Q3B0f38mpnmF

'TECHNICAL LIGHTNING' TJ PERKINS

"I shouldn't be making a video explaining why I will win the Opera Cup. It's obvious. I'm the best technical wrestler EVER. Not just in MLW, or US... I'm the best technician on the planet. So yeah, blah-blah-blah, I'm so honored to be involved, yada-yada-yada, blood sweat and tears, for the legends of the past, the greatest tournament in the history of our business... Look at the list of participants and tell me with a straight face that any of them has a chance against TJP. Impossible. I'm winning the damn thing this year, end of story!"

Xh1RAQH.jpg

'STUDENT OF THE GAME' ALEX SHELLEY

"It's funny that we are meeting with TJP in the first round, and probably the first match of the night... I'm totally cool with it, but TJ? He must be annoyed. He will be much angrier when I turn him into a pretzel and advance to the next round, forcing him to watch the whole tournament from the back. Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself... But it's gonna be a great tourney, and I know a fair bunch about them, since I competed in BOLA, Best of the Super Juniors, X Cup, J Cup, Best of the Best, Ted Petty Invitational, Super 8, Elite 8... you get the point. You have to be a pretty darn good wrestler to even compete in the Opera Cup, so I'm looking forward to mixing it up with the best of them."

KzMhXJK.jpghGPINTG.jpgVTgWNnB.jpg

MLW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, VON ERICHS

Kevin Von Erich: Boys, I want to tell you one thing. No matter how many years you have in the business, you can always learn something new from your opponents. We're facing Ricky Morton and his young son Kerry... Ricky is a tag team specialist, a very smart man, and a great competitor. I have no doubts in my mind, he will surprise you with his tricks. And his son is a bit of a wildcard too, we don't know much about him. So no complacency! We must work hard and fight clean, ok?

Marshall Von Erich: Yes, sir! I'll be watching them closely from the sidelines, and I'm sure you will impress a few folks too.

Ross: Von Erichs, Mortons... It's a dream match. But these titles aren't leaving us anytime soon. Let's make Texas proud!

jCJbua1bYbLF44bLWH13V9wG2PF_rmub32_1HI6p

JESSAMYN DUKE

"Marina, I thought we were tight. We've been through so much together, but you had to ruin it all. One title victory, and you have lost your head... You act like you are so much better than me, just because I'm enjoying my life doing what I like? I wish you would stop being so miserable. But I know you well enough to understand there's only one way to fix your ego - beat you up... I'm planning to knock you off your high horse this weekend, M. It will be tough to fight you, but I'm all game."

TqN0SOsYUAQItuTXnz0gN1yG603QvBFMzznsL6xy

'THE SUPERNOVA FROM MOLDOVA' MARINA SHAFIR

"I don't know why MLW rewards you with a title shot, Jess. You've done nothing here to earn this opportunity. You've lost and then sat at home, streaming your stupid games like a total loser. Friendship means nothing in this business, and I will not blink an eye to break your arm. This title stays with me, because I'm the baddest woman in the league and I grind in the gym while you surf the couch. Interview over."

Opera Cup Prediction Key

QF1: Calvin Tankman vs. Lee Moriarty

QF2: TJ Perkins vs. Alex Shelley

QF3: Davey Richards vs. Richard Holliday

QF4: Tom Lawlor vs. ACH

MLW Women’s Championship Match

Marina Shafir (с) vs. Jessamyn Duke

###INTERMISSION###

SF1: Winner of QF1 vs. Winner of QF2

SF2: Winner of QF3 vs. Winner of QF4

MLW World Tag Team Championship Match